Customize

Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by romanonandon, Apr 28, 2008.

1. eksef Member

Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

They didn't even tell their members that they have an account, you'd think SOME scifags would subscribe when they have *millions* of members?

The only reason I would subscribe to this channel is to be notified when they upload their vid telling the world they're sorry for being the biggest douchebag in the universe.
  2. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

Anyone else think it's too apt that a scientology press release was done via a website called
    [size=+5]BUSINESSWIRE.COM?[/size]
  3. Flynn Member

[IMG]
  4. Kilia Member

Very apt...no surprise...URL needs to be saved for evidence to pertinent channels who still think the cult is a "religion" and not a business.

*like the IRS-maybe*
  5. eksef Member

Slightly on topic, when you google "scientology", the official site is like 4th, while xenu.net is #1.

When you look at how difficult it is to access this channel, this is one of our smaller worries compared to other things we have to take care of.
  6. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

you sure you don't have that backwards? The official site is #1 for me and Xenu.net is #4. Also this channel is the only thing in the sponsored links off to the right.
  7. Anonygrace Member

But that's just their problem, isn't it? They're terrified of exposing current Scilons to any critical thought, so they CAN'T have them skulking about YouTube. There'll be the usual people Tory told us about, the ones whose mission it is to load on and sign up and comment all over the place, but their numbers can't be overwhelming because Scientology just can't afford to expose their members to that scary, scary Related Videos column.

I'm sure the members are encouraged to watch all the vids on the official CoS site, but surely it would be way too risky to send them all to YT, where there's a wealth of videos featuring those weird masks dancing in the sidebar. They'll all have been told to stay away from Anons, but video's a one-way exchange. Surely it wouldn't hurt to view a quick one-minute clip, find out what those enturbulators claim they are up to...

Too tempting. People would click. People would learn.
  8. SimpleCoax Member

I hope all of their videos get remixed.
  9. HouseSpiderV2 Member

I hope that music video gets remixed at least.
  10. wombat70000 Member

11. DeathHamster Member

I hope their organization gets remixed.
  12. Asian-anon Member

Wait, 1 subscriber to the $cilon channel? How does that work? The last time I checked I remember seeing some number like 42. Where did all they go or is this just a silly programing error? Argh, can someone who knows more about YT explain this to the rest of us?
  13. gailo Member

Its possible that people the scilons don't like are subscribing to them. If you block someone then they can't subscribe to you. So someone is going to the effort of logging in and blocking everyone.
  14. wombat70000 Member

this is how it works. log in to yt. go to co$ channel. press subscribe and then unsubscribe as many times as tou can untill it says "please wait" it took me about ten min. to take them from 100 to 0. mr fech taught me, thanks paul.
  15. iaxiloll Member

16. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

My email to youtube. feel free to excerpt or use ect.

Greetings YouTube,

As you are surely aware of, Xenutv/Xenutv1 have been suspended due to a ToS violation. Xenutv had a viacom clip which caused it to be suspended. Xenutv1 was suspended after being found that it conflicted with the following rule:

When a user has posting privileges temporarily disabled on one account, for the duration of the suspension that user is also prohibited from posting material to YouTube using any other account. Attempts to circumvent this rule may result in immediate termination without warning of all accounts.

A user whose account has been terminated is prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts.

And elsewhere:

Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around them—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created. Violations of the Terms of Use may result in a warning notification or termination of your account. If your account is terminated you are prohibited from creating any new accounts.

It has been well known for a while that the Church of Scientology created a Youtube account called anonymousfacts which you can see suspended here:

http://www.youtube.com/anonymousfacts

Now they have claimed publicly that they made the account:

TOM'S CHURCH COUNTERATTACKS - New York Post

A spokesperson for the Church of Scientology said, "We absolutely made the videos."

As you can clearly see, you are caught in a hypocritical position. This account was suspended and yet they can get a new account? Was it a legal attack that made you cave?

Either do one of the following:

Ban Scientology's new account
    Reinstate Xenutv or Xenutv1

How much does it cost to get around your ToS? We would like to know so we can take up a collection to have Xenutv or Xenutv1 reinstated. Do not be known for discriminating your members.

Sincerely,

Anonymous

PS: Here is an article that describes the situation in more detail:

GlossLip With Enough Money, You Can Circumvent YouTube’s TOS On Banned Accounts
  17. avatar2008 Member

Update:
    From Yourmother, my calculations show that CoS shells out at least US$6.97 million PER MONTH to keep those ads, vids and adwords in our faces!

:anon:
    Keep them bleeding money!