Customize

Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by romanonandon, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Anonymimity Member

Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

All users with youtube accounts COULD make their profile image a V mask... then they would have thousands of Anonymous subscribed.... that is a very very clever idea. I say we do it.
  2. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

shit! They have 1 subscriber!!! They are winning!!!!

/sarcasm
  3. anonspitfire Member

oMG! abandon the internets!! retreat to the marcabian mothership at once!
  4. Donovan Cook Member

Right now they have 1 subscriber and I don't see how to see who that is. So maybe subscribing isn't the thing to do now.

They will censor it out the wazoo. :roll:
  5. Anonygrace Member

Actually, a flood of V subscribers certainly would make their numbers skew to the point of uselessness (I'm assuming they'd counter by loading up on Scilon subscriber sockpuppets, and not be able to weed out the actual non-Scilon public).

Can you disallow specific subscribers?
  6. GooD Member

7. Xenu's Thong Member

ChurchofScientology
    Last Login: 10 hours ago
    Videos Watched: 365
    Subscribers: 2
    Channel Views: 2,332
  8. Anonymimity Member

I can only venture a guess that Scientology gave youtube a fair amount of money to do what they wanted... they've made it so there's no way to even look up their videos in the search engine. So there's no way to actually go COMMENT the videos.

Which means no way to favourite the videos, which means no way to spread their videos around. Scilons need to learn how to use youtube properly. :\

I'm lolling because basically they've isolated themselves from the entire population of youtube. Who will ever find them through randomly browsing? XD

Though I wonder, if you subscribe, the link to one of their videos pops up on your front page. Now, theoretically, this should take you to the page with the video, where you could, in fact, make comments, etc. Or it could just take you to Scientology's video channel page. Can an anon test this?
  9. @n0nym0u5 Member

it seems they have embedded the player from their video website onto the YT one..
  10. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

can someone make an Anonymous Channel to combat that? and have links to ALL the other Anon channels and vids?
  11. GooD Member

So they could scrape IP address then, hmm, I'll wait till I'm at my Tor computer first.

Does this also mean they can do a more direct DCMA attacks on those with copies of their videos that have opened comments?

Question: Is their any other Channel treated this way? I looked at ford,chevy, cocacola = nand
    Is this a precedent?
  12. Anonymimity Member

3 subscribers, guys.

... I guess they've won. We should just pack up and quit right now. :(
  13. fiddler Member

fail-24.jpg
  14. subgenius Member

I subscribed. See my sig.
    Then I unsubscibed.
  15. Anonicus Member

I saw that. it went to 5, then to 4 again.
    Here's an idea: we all subscribe at a rapid rate. Then, just before 2:00 on Staturday, we all unsubscribe en masse.
  16. Drums of War Member

Subscribing isn't going to show any V masks, they've blocked all of that too.
  17. wil Member

18. Anonymimity Member

... but we CAN FLAG! :fuckyou:
    Mass flagging campaign, gogogogogogo!
  19. Ten Tigers Member

Flagged: For dangerous content.
  20. Anondelivers Member

To arms!
  21. anon131 Member

This should be done. This is the best idea so far.

It'd be great if the subscription thing worked though. Seeing a ton of V-Masks on their page would be awesome.

I don't think flagging them is a good idea simply because, well, they should be allowed to say whatever ridiculous shit they want to say. But we have the right to respond to it's ridiculousness.
  22. JayJay Member

Don't flag, you visit a video and it registers as a view. No one gives a shit about them, they have no views, no need to make the videos seem popular. Netcraft already confirmed it, Scientology is dying. Flagging is just pointless.
  23. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

Oh hellz yeah

See earlier thread on phony medical claims. Dianetics can restore body function in cases of traumatic brain injury, even after medical science has given up.

[edit: I have posted the video below]

24. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

Here's one I done did:
    YouTube - Scientology making yet another fraudulent medical claim

25. Sanjuricus Member

hmmmmm.... *chin scratch*
  26. urban_anon Member

The best idea for this would to make a video reply for every video of theres picking out the fault's of every single one.
  27. anon11 Member

LOL. And I've thought we'd have to at least hint them in the direction of the foot. FOOTBULLET MANIA!
  28. Anonakitty Member

and use identical tags for this , effectively drowning them out.

You can report their profiles default pic for image violation too.
  29. anon131 Member

Fantastic!
  30. academianon Member

I think reply videos are such an AWESOME idea. Go gogo gogogoooooo!

What's funny is that they have *gasp* THREE HOURS *gasp* of high quality videos ! Oh my goodness, they have a lot of work to do if they want to keep up with WBM :> I'm pretty sure I was on xenutv for a couple weeks before I even saw half of the stuff up there. Granted he didn't make all of it himself, but still :>
  31. themadhair Member

Whoever suggested subbing en masse to the scifag channel - [size=+10]WTF???[/size]

The way to approach this is to:
    1) Make a mocking/refutation video
    2) Unload to YouTube using THE EXACT SAME SEARCH TAGS as the scifag vids.

This will make you vid appear in the sidebar of the scifag video. Also make sure to kick up a big deal about ratings/comments being disabled.

Quite simply rip the piss out of their vids and back up you claims - all the while using the same search tags as scifag vids.
  32. Anonnumition Member

Gah, I saw this a while ago (there was an ad on YouToob to it), makes me sick to the stomach with its lies and... something which leads to making me gag, but can't put my finger on it.
    Also, the constant use of the word "Church" grates and grates at meh.
  33. GooD Member

They have updated their google ads. So youtube is their portal now eh?:whistle:

Sponsored Links
    Scientology:Get The Facts
    Learn About Scientology On YouTube.
    Growing at an incredible rate.
    YouTube.com/ChurchOfScientology
  34. Drums of War Member

Guys, please.

Do NOT link to their videos, don't even click on them.

Don't do ANYTHING in response to this. No one is watching this shit, so let's not spread it around too much and give them stats to boast about. They'll know they've failed when they can barely reach 100 views with each video.

Just leave this shit alone until they get views.
  35. MollyBloom Member

Don't give them views, don't suscribe, don't comment, it only pushes CoS vids out there...

right now if you search under scientology they are lost among the anonymous ones, watch anonymous vids and and get anonymous views up.

Make moar anonymous vids, make moar, make moar, out vid them. :mrgreen:

I go every day and search for the current anonymous vids then I watch each one, it takes a bit of time but I do it to get our views and counts up. I see the numbers falling each day, we need to stay on top of anonymous vids every day, IMO.

Share our vids together, allow others to put your vid up, everyone with an account should grab a couple of other anon vids (with permission) and put a few up every day.

That's how I see countering them. That's my humble input on the matter.
  36. Re: Scilon YouTube channel/PR push

Has anyone thought of (as we do anonymous BBQs and such,) perhaps going out as a group and doing community service to show what good we're doing besides the protests--and taping/taking photos? Just something I was thinking about, reading through the other posts around the site.

Pardon me, but I -am- still new here, and if this was already thought of, my appolgise for repeating.
  37. themadhair Member

This would normally be my reaction is such circumstances....[size=+5]But...[/size]

Ultimately the ÔéČult gets away with its crimes because it manages to stay below the radar. Tar them with all their abuses. They think that by infiltrating YouTube they can quell the PR storm - why should we let them succeed in that???

Tar and feather every frame of video they upload.

[size=+5]Videofags - to your harpoons....[/size]
  38. anonoblong Member

this is full of win... bringing more people on youtube to search for scilon stuff will just bring more people on youtube finding our stuff

thanks for the support scifags
  39. Anon9000+1 Member

I really dont have the time to do this atm, but could someone crank something out that could register a complaint w/o having to give the video a view? Im being killed with final exams atm, having microsoft shoved down my throat etc.
  40. Consensus Member

This is asking too much of our audience. We're not going to persuade those not otherwise interested to watch all the scilon vids plus the responses.

A better strategy would be to hold a contest for the ten funniest/most absurd 1-minute scilon clips, done pop-up video style. Everyone finds a one minute clip (or cuts one together from a number of vids), adds clever, funny, and damaging pop-up video comments, submits, and we vote on which ten are the best. Then we package 'em together into a HILARIOUS 10-minute mockery of Scientology, and the Ebaumsworld crowd takes care of the rest.