Customize

Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Oinkertron9000, Feb 22, 2008.

1. AnonymousNow Member

Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on A.R.S

it takes no effort to make a threat. logic dictates that this is just OSA desperately doing whatever they can to halt the protests. Any one anon gets hurt, this is going to blow up 10 times bigger than it ever was.

There was an OSA video on youtube saying the 3/15 protests were canceled, for example. Doesn't mean any comment threatening violence like this should not be reported, it should. I could see the OSA firebombing their own building, claiming insurance, including loss of "business" at a fraudulent rate, and also blaming the fire on Anonymous. This is exactly they type of evil they purvey.
  2. AnonymousNow Member

Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

possibly also an admission of a completed crime, paying people to commit assaults-- solicitation and conspiracy.
  3. AnonymousNow Member

If there was a significant assault against Anon, this would get worldwide attention, more than anything regarding anon before. this would bring attention to the cause, and possibly vastly grown anon as a backlash against the assault. Any anon with broken jaw would be surely morned over, but for purposes of the movement, the injury would be irrelevant.
  4. Anonylemmi Member

This sounds frighteningly like Co$ mentality. The ends justify the means? I thought this is what the movement was fighting against.
  5. AnonymousNow Member

WTF. You seem to be turning the "ends justify the means" argument on its head. That quote you took from me only referred to the extremely unlikely instance where the CoS paid some criminals to attack protesters. Your critique, by making your statement, and only quoting a single sentence of my post, seeks to suggest that I suggest that Anon should attack. THanks for wasting my time by misquoting me.
  6. capricious Member

hopefully this link works: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.reli ... IWQ7apzayB

Tom's at it again, this time he's truly lost his mind:

What a fucking fruit cake.

:tom: Hi my name's Tom, too.
  7. anon_david Member

I fail to understand how posting that is in any way advantageous to them. Even the lulz must be pretty meagre. *scratches head*
  8. Anorumi Member

According to a good friend of mine who's dealt with Tom hundreds of times before, Tom's not exactly...sane. Don't treat his words as someone with a logically functioning brain. He thinks in scion, which we all know is rather deficient.
  9. mortified Member

Well, that's not a BIT suspicious... I'll get right on it, Tom.
  10. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

:roll: I wonder how his little asinine plan would work irl considering how very few of us "know" each other. It's official, he's a troll. :p
  11. Hectapus Member

Would it be wise to contact this individual from an untraceable source many times with bad information? Just to overwhelm the idiot?
  12. AnneOminous Member

Gee, I hope some of our resident three letter organization friends are paying attention...
  13. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

No, he thinks in k00k, which is even more deficient.
  14. Anonymous H Member

S/he does not seem to be suggesting that it would be good for an anon to get a cracked jaw (or worse), but that if something did happen, it would backfire on the Scifag that did it. Anything like that gives us material to use against them the same way they'd would if it were the other way around - but no-one (hopefully) wants anyone to get injured just to further our cause - that would be scifag thinking.

Yes, I do whatever an email offering me monies tells me to do and believe every word of it :roll: Other than the entire principal of anonymous is that most of us are, in fact, anonymous and therefore the bonus points of trying to turn us against each other with that "before an anon does it to you" are completely and utterly moot. (You'd think someone would have something better to do with that much, right?) Some newbies on Enturb have said "Can someone meet/ring me?" and got a very firm and resounding "no"

For people that know Scifags, or anyone that's just personally against someone they know is an anon, this could be quite worrysome if this sort of thing does catch on (the dobbing people in, not the stupid reward thing). Especially for ex-sci's that might be trying to get away from it all.

Otherwise, now that discouraging people from the protests has failed, he's trying to discourage people from even being in anonymous. It'll probably worry newbies - at worst he'll get the details of someone that lives near enough and he'll have his excuse to cause some trouble. People in the same area as him might need to watch out for him and a gang of his mates wanting an excuse to beat someone up if they think there's any risk that their details have got out, but I don't see him travelling half way across the world to attack someone. It's possible some muppet gives him details and someone gets tailed all the way home, in which case I wouldn't be sure what could be done. It's probably more likely people will start spamming him from fake addresses with fake leads.

Does this constitute as something to be reported to the authorities? (again?)
  15. Anonylemmi Member

This last bit has surely gotten Toms "Kook Awards" in the bag for him.
    He is too lulzy to be scary. The downstats must be making people desperate.
  16. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

As a side note, he posted the exact same thing on 711Chan this morning.
  17. SenatorXenu Member

Hopefully most Anons aren't that stupid
  18. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Thanks you for that info, otherwise, I wouldn't have known to look for it.
  19. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Consider the KCMO police department aware of this situation and individual.
  20. jvonlins Member

I'm kinda insulted that scifags think were that dumb.
  21. Bumblefuck Member

I'm so tempted to contacted him anonymously with the names of the higher ups in Scientology. Anyone have sci-names that are known, but not famous? (do I want my IP to resolve to a psychiatrists office or City Hall?)
  22. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Yet another loony post from "Tom"/Alan. :tom:

Tommy Has A New Job[/url:2wj6xfpq]

23. waianon Member

Wait, we made physical threats? Wha?

I partially agree, actually, but it's not quite hot air. I think our physical threats are more like wind coming out of this guy's rear.
  24. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

As usual, "Tom" is making up shit and projecting. :tom:
  25. nanopope Member

Woot! Now I can turn myself in and get paid by both our Psychiatrist controlled Marcabian controlled German Secret police controlled Psychiatrists (again) controlled steroid fueled commie-nazi hacker overlords and the $cilon $uper $ekrit $pies! I knew posting all those dollar signs would clear the reactive engrams allowing me to cross the bridge to $1000 in unmarked 20s. So remember - noone else turn me in, I've got dibs on me.
  26. AnonymousNow Member

Logic dictates that Tom has no intention of spending any money. He is just floating out the suggestion that we are going to be tracked down and hung. This is his desperate attempt to give Anonymous pause to want to be in the fight against CoS. Personally, I would love to see an OSA douche at my front door.
  27. anonylous Member

I love how he advocates ignoring The Power of The Internet by going onto the internet and screaming at The Internet about how he's going to tell people to ignore it.
  28. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Well this is wonderful news. We can protest and hand out our literature, not face attack or bull baiting, not worry so much about being followed and fair gamed, and we won't have to worry about them blowing themselves up and blaming it on us.

$CIENTOLOGY and TOM just did us an epic favor, this is beautiful, exactly what we want. Someone make sure Tom gets his paycheck on time, he has served us well and deserves it!
  29. XenuLovesU Member

Tom is a long-time newgroup troll. Don't feed him. I feel bad for even saying, "don't feed him" as even that counts as being a sucker.
  30. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Its mandatory that we report this to the police above all people.

Anon has dealt with bomb threats before. We can deal with them again.
  31. Stryker Member

That might work, but it's probably not worth it.
    If you feel like doing that, by all means, go ahead.
    I just don't think it would do much to further our cause.
    Chances are, it'll just annoy him even more, and inspire him to post something even more absurd.
    Not that that would be a bad thing; his latest posts have been pretty funny.
  32. Anonymous H Member

Wait, isn't this half taken from what our protest rules are? (No retaliating, etc etc.)

And what are they going to do when things finally start hitting the papers? "No comment"? That's gonna look real good when asked about the crimes they have committed.

And it's strange; despite advising against criticism, he is calling us sickos and lazy and so on.
  33. Stryker Member

It did seem to resemble.....
  34. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Believe it or not, they aren't in the bag for him. I counted the votes for and against :tom: and here's what they look like so far.

KOOK OF THE MONTH
    (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)

12 votes Alan Connor posting as "Tom Newton"
    15 votes George Dance
    01 votes Neither of the above
    01 votes Abstain

Dance is someone from rec.arts.poems who is defending another poster widely known to be a Pedobear. He did so on alt.usenet.kooks, so the voters there had a front row seat for the whole thing. Alan does not post to AUK, so people have to rely on their experience with him elsewhere on USENET.

COWARD OF THE MONTH
    (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)

02 votes Abbedd of rec.music.classical.recordings
    10 votes Nightbat of alt.astronomy
    00 votes None of the above
    05 votes Abstain

Alan is winning narrowly, but he's running against a leader of a UFO sex cult well-known to AUK. All of the candidates run away from tough questions and usually avoid AUK, so that part is equal.

GEORGE PICKETT MEMORIAL TROPHY
    (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)

04 votes Alan Connor posting as "Tom Newton"
    14 votes Gerald Newton
    07 votes Will Dockery
    02 votes None of the above
    02 votes Abstain

Gerald Newton is charging directly at AUK and trying to shut down the group. This is far and away the best strategy for winning an award and it's working like a charm for Gerald.

SPECIAL OPS CODY MEMORIAL PURPLE HEART

07 votes Alan Connor posting as "Tom Newton"
    18 votes Richard "FreeSpeechStore" Scoville
    00 votes Neither of the above
    04 votes Abstain

When he can find a webhosting company, Richard Scoville runs a pay for libel site (he defames you and you have to pay him to read it). Right now, he has no site, as the hosting company in Malaysia just gave him the boot. As you can probably guess, his candidacy is wildly popular, as he is widely despised.

ORDER OF THE HOLEY SOCKPUPPET

10 votes Johnny Wizard
    02 votes Neither of the above
    05 votes Abstain

Johnny Wizard is an anti-Bush screeder who morphs to evade killfiles. He's almost as notorious as Alan/Tom but he's not as known for sockpuppeteering to hide his identity.

Therefore, the count right now is Alan winning two awards by narrow margins, losing an award by a narrow margin, and losing two others in blowouts. There are also nearly 30 hours left before voting closes, so those two awards that he's winning are not safe.

Definitely, which is why he's being held up for mockery on the AUK ballot. Really scary people (along with extermely vulnerable ones and incredibly boring ones) eventually are disqualified from winning AUK award and offices. They get thrown into what's called the Galactic Killfile and ignored in hopes they give up and go elsewhere. Barbara Schwarz from ARS, for example, is in the Galactic Killfile. She's not a lot of fun to deal with, and takes turns being nasty, crazy, and boring.
    I noticed all the copy pasta anti-psych posts on ARS Thursday morning and thought that, too.