Customize

Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Oinkertron9000, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ProBo Member

Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Way to go Tom! Now that we know, we can just point it out when or if it happens!

Their brilliant minds shine through once more!
  2. Dropd4s Member

I PM'ed Oinkertron with some further contact for Tom. the calhobbit email is BS, however, he just recently took out his google groups email from his profile. He uses the email address simpleman.s43@gmail.com

There is a lot of speculation that Tom is a sockpuppet for a well known usenet troll named Alan Connor.
  3. Anon21 Member

well whoever it is... terroristic threats on the tubes are a FEDERAL CRIME.

they better pray the Federales don't follow up on the reports...

they should... what with warrantless wiretapping etc...you'd think this was all the FBI lived for anymore...

though... Feds... not personal army...etc..

some chan fag needs to namefag and docx the culprit.
  4. orly Member

As long as we have clearly-defined policies in place ("get down if someone pulls out and lights something suspicious", "film everything", "keep an eye on everyone", etc), I think we'll be safe; it's definitely more likely that in the unlikely event that they DO firebomb themselves, they'll do it when there's no real Anons around, so that no one interferes.

BUT.

Would it be a lot of trouble to request one of the policemen assigned to the protest to bring a bomb-sniffing dog? If not, I think it'd be a very good idea to politely request one's presence. I don't think it'd hurt, at any rate, and it'd probably be good for everyone's peace of mind to know that that kind of precaution is in place.

Also, most especially, yes, keep an eye on people who claim to be Anon (instead of saying they're an Ex-Scilon for example) but don't look like they're having fun. Either they're a real Anon and genuinely upset (which means we should try to make them feel better), or they're a plant (which means we should keep an eye on what they're doing).
  5. AnonyMoose_CA Member

Don't just report this to the police, this should be publicly disseminated. This is a scilon basically ADMITTING that not only is fair game still in use, but to having overt criminal connections. Basically the message is, Scientology remains the same (as back during operation Snow White/Freakout).

That said TBQH this guy is blowing smoke. This is an intimidation tactic, they are desperate, don't let it put you off. Forensics are much better than they used to be, and criminals are all about self-preservation... very few, even Mafioso, are willing to go down alone. That and now ANY firebombing of CoS property could and likely will involve a serious investigation of this character and (if he truly IS a scilon) Scientology itself.... I can only see win here.
  6. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Do a google search on the email addy, seems like he spends quality time in tech forums, Linux and such.
    Who needs the FBI, we have all the tools to find out who this guy is by ourselves..

Sometimes people forget they leave footprints when they walk.
  7. Thetanonymous Member

Entirely possible that it's a sockpuppet being used to not only harass Anonymous, but also to make it look like Anonymous is harassing some poor uninvolved sap, so we should tread lightly... - anyone want to drop calhobbit a line and say "Hey, looks like this troll is pretending to be you?"
  8. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

3347 makes a very good point. As cheesy as it might look, maybe phorescent glow sticks or flashlights might be better. Not a great alternative, but the issue of the candles brings all sorts of headaches.
  9. AnneOminous Member

They sell battery powered LED tea light candles at some craft stores. Those may work a but better than glow sticks.
  10. ZoSo Member

Every post in this thread should just say this.

This is just a dumb attempt to make people scared, don't give it any real credit.
  11. Anonymous55 Member

If you see ANYONE with a firebomb, take them down, tackle them, or otherwise restrain them from committing the crime. (Preferably before they light it, lol.)

Do NOT use excessive force. Someone please look up Good Samaritan laws to check the legality. And DO NOT TOUCH the firebomb, so it has only their fingerprints on it.

I believe that in the case of preventing violence, physical force is acceptable. Do not use force for ANY other reason, under ANY circumstances. At least in America, you have the right to self defense. Don't know about others, and we really should look into these kinds of laws.

I think the threats are bogus trolling, but if they do pull this shit, stop them in the act.
  12. Anonymous H Member

I get the impression this guy isn't representing the Co$, but rather acting individually - I would have thought if the Co$ was actually plotting something like that, they'd keep it quiet so there'd be no incriminating evidence on them. In which case, although if one of us did the same they'd damn the lot of us, we can't really say "This is what Co$ does"

Unless it's their plan to make it look like that, so they can dodge and say "it wasn't us, he did it by himself!"

Also candles are a safety hazard in the first place with that many people, nevermind with bomb threats and the like.
  13. Anon Y. Mouse Member

Come one $cifagtology...show me your ball$. Mine are bigger I see. :guyfawkes: :guyfawkes: :anon:
  14. anonymous3347 Member

Pics or it didn't happen
  15. Sub-Atomic Member

If any suspicious activity comes up, tackle the person responsible, take them to the police, and do a memetest to prove they aren't anon.
  16. Kimani Member

Reported to the FBI.
  17. NamelessEnvoy Member

Another epic fail by people attempting to disrupt what should be a peaceful protest.

Again, Anonymous steps up to the plate, plays the higher hand, and reports it to the authorities, as they have proved willing to do many times in the past. Although, admittedly, there is SOME flaming going on in that topic :p Oh well, I'll cut you guys some slack :p

Again, I'm proud to see how a group that I thought was only in it "For the lulz" proves how serious they really are when the competition steps up.

Some of the suggestions in here are good. Let the police check every member of Anon? I can't see where that goes wrong. Prove that Anon is ready to play their cards in the full sight of law enforcement. You guys've already cooperated with them for Feb 10 stuff, so they shouldn't be worried. The thing that is worrying is how many more people will be getting involved for the next one. Which is why getting the police to confirm everyone is clean is a good idea. Show again that Anon is operating completely within the law, and let law enforcement oppose statements saying Anon is violent.

Maybe this is all paranoid though. The chances of non-anons getting into the protests is high, but I honestly don't see other anons letting this type of shit go down without documentation.
    I would've said I don't see Sci attacking their own stuff, but then again, Operation Freakout anyone?

I'd love to see what the investigations on this topic reveal. We'll have to wait and see if it turns out to be a repeat of the supposedly official anon anti-sci threat.

PS: Don't be an hero. Tackling someone with a lit molotov = TF2 Soldier says "I. AM. ON. FIRE!!!!" = awkward attempts at stop/drop/roll in a mask, or burning, or death. Swatting them with a poster might work, but I take no responsibilities for the damages you may ensue.
  18. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

/some interrogation room
    Are you VC?
    Were did you got those weapons?
    Do u liek mudkips?
  19. Hectapus Member

Ok.
    Tip to FBI through their website, with link to afforementioned posting.
    Phone call to ATF's line regarding bomb threats. ATF agent very helpful, took all pertinent info, website, how to find, posters name, etc.
    I would suggest anyone with the capacity to do so at least contact the FBI, ATF, or Homeland Security (or the agencies of equivalent powers in your nation)
    The more tips/reports come in, the more seriously they will take this information.
    Also, they will allow you to keep your anonymity if you report a tip.
  20. AnonMalta Member

This only proves further that we need to oust violent activity from our protest. If we see ANY "anon" start acting suspicious/violent, point them out to the other anons and be sure to notify any police officers nearby.
  21. Anon23517 Member

Has anyone contacted the Australian Federal Police of the National Crime Authority in Australia?
  22. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Scientology: Like COBRA, but with the awesome swapped out for industrial-strength fail.

EDIT: Someone tell Canadian authorities. I would, but my telephoen is dead.
  23. Dropd4s Member

Obviously they have never read: http://www.scribd.com/doc/26928/Evil-Overlord
  24. CamoDood Member

from my understanding a firebomb is just a glass bottle filled with gasoline and some detergent or some other gel forming material and a gas soaked rag for a wick. So when anyone sees some asshole stuffin a rag in his snapple bottle a grabbin his zippo, TAKE EM OUT! someone else will yell for the cops. The scions seem to forget some of us are from the streets, and just like i dont understand their upperclass world, they dont understand my lowerclass world. :guyfawkes:

We are Anonymous
    We are streetwise
    Expect us
  25. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

26. ReadPHNX Member

We're lucky here in St. Louis. We are protesting from atleast 100 to 150 yards from the building and the structure is all stone. Its an old free mason temple (think rooftop from Ghostbusters). It would take one heck of a throw and it still wouldn't do any damage. Plus the police station is across the street from the Co$.

Still everyone be careful.
  27. Anon3Mouse Member

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

2285488692_6c78ac1679.jpg
  28. Bunny Member

Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on A.R.S

Sent to the FBI main office. this "tom" douche left his gmail in his sig. a little google-fu shows he's a slackware user, enjoys dicking on the BBS, and uses many fake names online.
  29. Thetanonymous Member

Read rest of thread - it's VERY likely that this is a sockpuppet of a more well-known troll, who has assumed the identity of someone else for the moment in order to create more chaos - If one of us writes a POLITE email to the email address in the sig saying "Hey - did you know this is being posted under your name?" that would probably clear things up considerably.
  30. Bunny Member

.......bunny fails again!
    :(
  31. Thetanonymous Member

It's all good - we get all pumped up in internet vigilante mode, and scream "BRING ME THE BALLS OF THE INTERNET TROLL FOOLISH ENOUGH TO LEAVE HIS REAL EMAIL ADDRESS IN HIS SIG, AND HAS NEVER SEEMED TO POST ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN LINUX UNTIL RIGHT NO....oh....wait..."
  32. Magoo Member

First off, I **Highly** doubt this is a Scientologist, or anyone part of Scientology.
    If ANYONE does get weird during a picket here is my suggestion---as I said before the first picket:

"IF ANYTHING ODD HAPPENS THAT SEEMS VIOLENT OR ILLEGAL, EVERYONE SHOULD STAND
    ASIDE FROM THIS PERSON, (DON'T TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR HANDS)---
    EVERYONE TAKE PHOTOS OF THE PERSON AND THE ACTION, AND CALL THE COPS"

Remember: OSA's Goal is to Distract. Please don't waste too much time on this. Get your
    rules IN, and move on.

Lastly---I did report a Troll to the police here in Burbank, CA. They took the info, made out a police
    report as he had done something illegal, and he vanished from the Scientology scene, really forever.

Keep your eyes on the ball----and have a nice week-end :)

Tory/Magoo~~
  33. patriot1971 Member

Quite wise and sounding a bit exasperated.

Please don't fear for us, it just the fun of wearing the hats that gets to so many. :tinfoil:
  34. anonylous Member

excellent advice throughout this thread. be aware of how to handle this situation, but do not be occupied with expecting it. report it as well.

and remember, an anonymous protestor with a firebomb is no longer anonymous. he or she is now "oh fuck that fucker has a fucking firebomb".
  35. anon87 Member

HaHa whoever wrote op's threat hasn't been to many protests, or for that matter music festivals - if you throw a bottle of piss EVERYONE AROUND YOU POINTS AT YOU! Most of the time some big burley biker dude with a wet head will have turned around and be heading for you, firebombs at a protest -i should imaging it'll be more than pointing.

Also for anyone still concerned, consider also that this is no longer the old days -lol 'slimjim' in my modern motorized machine? haha good luck. Should you find a way to break into my car without breaking a window - remember in the real world CSI isn't some faggot cult rubbish - it's what tho polize do to make a case...

oh man i wish this wasn't (obviously) fail anon, this would be the most epic foot bullet EVER. Esp. as the insurance wouldn't pay out for self inflicted arson, the attempt at fraud would probably raise their insurance profile over the whole board too.
  36. anonspitfire Member

reported. this guy is nuts!
  37. psyborgue Member

reported.
  38. ryebread Member

Everyone, please listen to the advice that Anon3Mouse and Magoo have given here.

I expect that this is nothing more than an attempt to scare people away. That said, it's in everyone's best interests to be aware of the threat. Don't let it discourage you, but be prepared for the worst.

If someone starts shit, the absolute best thing you can do is loudly alert the police, hit the ground (as long as you're not in a position that's going to put you in harms way - get somewhere safe and get down otherwise) and stay there until the situation is under control, and most importantly stay calm.

Agent provocateurs need the chaos that their action brings about to escape. Stay calm and don't give them that opportunity.

On March 15, don't bring a bag to the protest if you can possibly avoid it. Expect bomb sniffing dogs, and if you've as much as pumped gas that day, expect to get pulled aside. Be polite, be understanding... Hell, if you get pulled aside by the cops for something like that, thank them for being vigilant and stress your nonviolence. Anon should have nothing to hide but their identities, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Be vigilant. Keep an eye on everything. Videotape and photograph everything. Bring extra tapes and memory cards if possible, switch them out regularly, and have someone you trust either hang on to the ones you've already used or preferably take them offsite to a secure location. If you get your camera confiscated, stolen, or broken this assures you have evidence of what was happening before that.

I'm hesitant to mention this, since I don't believe it will be needed, however in the (extremely unlikely) event that things go bad, the advice that the Black Cross Health Collective gives is great. http://www.blackcrosscollective.org/

Anons with media contacts, begin thinking about statements to make. Even though nothing will likely actually happen at the protests, I'm certain that "Tom" will be investigated and quite possibly questioned or arrested. The media spin could end up being that someone was arrested for making terrorist threats against the Co$ in relation to Anonymous protests, with no mention that he was apparently working *against* Anonymous. You need to be ready to counter that, and get the word out as quickly as possible that this is coming from an enemy of the movement, not from within it.

In summary, prepare prepare prepare. Don't be afraid, don't let messages like this deter you, but prepare.

I'll be making calls to the DHS, FBI (local branch office and national), the ATF, etc. later today. I'm also going to get word to some well connected law enforcement officials that I know, and see if I can't get them to make use of their contacts to make sure this gets looked at closely. Everyone should do the same.
  39. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

In case some of the "older" generation here don't know. Newsgroups and Usenet are a thing of the past. Very few people read them and even less would give any credence to a random post in a alt.whatever.scientology group.

CSI may still have a "boner" over Usenat and ARS, but that's due to the fact that they are n00bz0rz

Just proceed with Chanology, and lets kick some a$$