Customize

Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Oinkertron9000, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

Scilon threat on A.R.S

And more from "Tom"

http://tinyurl.com/2rlms3

Remember how they were moving lots of files lately from orgs?

And odd that a decent amount of orgs have had fire problems before...
    http://www.lisamcpherson.org/cos/fires.htm

And lo and behold... From 2002:

Hey Miscavige, if you are reading this. It is not too much longer until you are "buggered" in jail. Kthnx! And people, please inform the police and law enforcement that this is a very real possibility that someone may try this to make anonymous look bad...
  2. Anonymite Member

Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on A.R.S

Definetly a major point to get across. Just cite this incident. And this threat online.
  3. saerat Member

spread this througout the intertubes! And actually ask that policemen don masks and join the crowd because we have been warned about this.
  4. Anonymite Member

Also, use the report button, by clicking on 'more options'.

here's what i sent:

It would appear that this person is making threats of physical violence in the form of 'firebombs' to sabotage a series of worldwide protests on the 15th of March. He made a later post in the same thread indicating the threat of breaking into cars of the protestors, who are dedicated to having a peaceful protest, and planting the evidence. Just saying, this kind of threat of violence, if true, could result in people being seriously injured, and the proper authorities should be notified.

Essentially, lets treat this shit the same way as that bomb threat video from a week ago. REPORT REPORT REPORT!
  5. madashell Member

Because no one would notice some jackass trying to light something on fire in the anon crowd?

This is stupid. Any suspicious activity which looks destructive should be pointed out to the police and handled by them.

The police are there for us. They are not the enemy. They will help us peacefully demonstrate as we did on the 10th.
  6. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on A.R.S

Agreed. But that wont stop any "Agents" from trying, they are desperate for points against the critics right now.
  7. Anonymite Member

Well, guess what, guys, its a threat of violence, and its our duty to hit that 'report' button on the ars forums :twisted:
  8. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on A.R.S

If anyone tries this, they are in for a very unpleasant surprise. They're in a crowd, sure, but a crowd of people who are actively against that. Normally, a crowd is good cover, but if I saw someone throw a firebomb at a CoS org, I'd fucking tackle them and start yelling. The people they are standing next to aren't going to be blind, and we certainly aren't stupid.
  9. AnonymousYKF Member

Anyone who even attempts something like this would probably be tackled to the ground so fast you couldn't even say OMG CEILING CAT!

Anyways, report it to your authorities, FBI, etc, Scientology just made a bomb threat and I'm sure there would be some conspiracy charges in there as well.
  10. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on A.R.S

http://tinyurl.com/2rlms3

Remember how they were moving lots of files lately from orgs?

And odd that a decent amount of orgs have had fire problems before...
    http://www.lisamcpherson.org/cos/fires.htm

And lo and behold... From 2002:

Hey Miscavige, if you are reading this. It is not too much longer until you are "buggered" in jail. Kthnx! And people, please inform the police and law enforcement that this is a very real possibility that someone may try this to make anonymous look bad...[/quote:1kubmrw8]

Idiot, now we have proof of premeditated setup. what is url for original post in case it needs to be referenced?
  11. Amomynous Member

Moved and stickied.

Is making a post like this ("Tom's") even legal?

Reported:

For some reason, I'm thinking "troll", but, we can't take the chance.

Report!!

Also, do we trust Google enough to not be in Sci-pockets? Should this post be directly reported somewhere else? (such as the FBI, as we did for the bomb threat vid)
  12. zorflax Member

Would it be over the top to pat people down and peek into backpacks on the 15th just to make sure nobody has firebomb stuff?

*spelling
  13. mortified Member

All this means is that we need to make our local law enforcement aware of this possibility, as well as keep our eyes open for asshats with "firebombs" mingling with genuine anonymous. Does anyone know what a scientologist's "firebomb" consists of? Whatever it is, it is bound to leave residue on the hands/clothing of the people that made/deployed them, so keeping the "bombers" (if they actually show) where they are to be detained by police is a good thing, as long as excessive violence isn't used.

We just need to keep maintaining that this is a peaceful protest, and make it clear that people have been making threats. Keep your eyes open, anon.
  14. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

The Scilons go quite low already- in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they fire-bombed their own property to make us look bad. Serious business.

But one thing where they fail with epic:

At least he's told us. If this really does happen, then... we have proof that they may be responsible. Any legal Anon here that can comment on this?

EDIT: IMO, we need to make our methods of PEACEFUL PROTEST ONLY more clear. The press, if I know them, would end up missing this point if it's not right in front of 'em.
  15. Anonproto Member

Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

The wonderful thing about anonymous is that there is no way for them to personally communicate these threats... so ... they have to publicly communicate them.
  16. AnneOminous Member

As a precaution I would recommend everyone brings a printout with information on operation snow white and operation freakout, court documents if possible, just in case something happens and you get picked up by mistake. It might also be a good idea to lock and photograph your car before you leave it, and put a small piece of clear tape across the bottom of the doors after you lock your doors. check the tape once you get back after the protest before you open the door. If the tape is broken, call the cops and don\\\'t touch anything. a printout of this thread or the original on ars might also be a good doc to have with you too.
  17. jeannie36832 Member

Done and doner.
  18. Bumblefuck Member

I would ask to have the police pat us down, personally. (This is provided you've contacted the police in advance and are on good terms with them)

Really, all that is needed to screw up this threat, if it does turn out to be a serious one, is vigilance on the part of the protestors. If anyone sees anything suspicous at the protests, everyone should move away from them while pointing and doing your best "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" scream for police assistance.
  19. Anon21 Member

the thing to do if someone on the PROTEST side of the street looks like they are making trouble... swarm them and hand them to the police.

also... Cameras of all kinds being REQUIRED for our peacefull protests... any activity of the sort described by the ARS troll will be well documented and help to disprove.

while the OSA is not above anything to discredit their perceived enemies... odds are the trolling is an attempt to frighten or intimidate and nothing more.

tell "Tom" and his butthurt buddy Paul "Fetch" to avoid driving yellow vans, take 2 aspirin and STFU.
  20. Ananamuss Member

Tom Newton has been trying to stir up trouble over Anonymous for the last little while.

A quick read of his post history will quickly demonstrate this guy's not playing with a full deck. He's your typical frustrated, angry, troll but he's growing more abusive and threatening as Anonymous gains steam and positive public attention. Just keep reporting him to anyone who can take your complaint and deal with this idiot properly.
  21. Anonproto Member

wow uh... groups.google.com down

go FBI
  22. FrenchAnon Member

Reported too. I'm not American but it can't hurt.
  23. Spot Member

I doubt the FBI will bother to track that troll down. It'd be nice, but.
  24. incognita Member

I think they'll probably manage somehow. :V

Reported as well.
  25. Camerachan Member

Oh wow, that Palm Springs post really hit home. I lived in West Palm Beach since 2001, and when I went to high school from 03-07, I was literally a few buildings down from this Scientology center. I never knew it was there, even though I had passed it hundreds of times, and was just recently made aware of it when I told an old friend of mine about the protests.

Hopefully nothing like this will happen, but I'll be sure to photograph everything and anything suspicious on the 15th.
  26. Bumblefuck Member

Reported, and made screen caps of the ARS thread.
  27. Anon1OfLegion Member

We should report this to whomever insures the scientology buildings. Does anyone know?
  28. Thetanonymous Member

Reported to the FBI - also, a quick google of Tom Newton scientology turns up some interesting links, and he seems to be enough of a dumbshit to post with the same signature he uses for tech questions in other forums...and the same email of calhobbit@gmail.com.

I'm sure the authorities will have no trouble finding him.
  29. anonwillwin Member

always wanted to say this:

ALL THE INFORMATION PROVIDED WAS FORWARDED TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES

GOOD GAME
    NO REMATCH

:tom:
  30. Finfox Member

This is a good reason why to ALWAYS document pickets by video camera.
  31. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

I shall be contacting the Toronto police as regards this threat.
  32. Re: Scilon posts a threat to anonymous on ARS - read and report!

I know David "should have been" Miscarrige dropped out of grade 8 but they can't be that dumb, can they...........?
  33. anonwillwin Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_LtD-VIrQg
    - says hell get us arrested if we show up on protest
    - says he know inside people on teh government
    - says he can make traffic accidents with his mind and hell zap us all if we go

i feel threathened by this, and are extremely bored and not scared of scifags

how does one wtfpwn him?
    coppers?
  34. Anondude Member

A report with the FBI has been filed.
  35. Thetanonymous Member

This dude is pretty obviously kidding. I like the pipe.
  36. anonwillwin Member

duh
    but as i already said
    i wanna screw him nonetheless
    he looks like a typical jerk
  37. HailXenu79 Member

He's being sarcastic, just like the "David Miscavige" on Something Awful.
  38. Ananamuss Member

Then report him to the authorities. Idiots like Tom Newton often agitate so that the reaction will be one that will land the person he harassed in hot water and prove that the aforementioned idiot was "right" about how "dangerous" his "opponents" are.

I'm pretty sure this wiener is shitting himself right now. He's been reported to just about every authority that would possibly deal with this sort of thing. At the very least he's certainly become a person of interest to a few law enforcement agencies.
  39. azanon Member

This guy isn't very smart is he? This IS a threat, and threats start treading across that line of legal - illegal. Make sure this gets documented and reported to the proper authorities.