Customize

Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by blownforgood, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Herro Member

Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Lol, nostalgia for a romanticized past.
  2. ARC Member

Get back on topic.
  3. AnonymousNow Member

This thread is becoming too existential. We have 80 pages of lulz to milk and we have only scratched the surface...
  4. Optimisticate Member

13 pages if you change your settings. Much easier that way :)
  5. HellRazor Member

I don't recognize the property in the photo. Judging by all the green space in the photo, it must be pretty far away from Toronto. Weren't they plannning on turning the Yonge St. org into an Ideal Org?
  6. HellRazor Member

^^^THIS!
  7. DeathHamster Member

It has the rolling hill look of north of Toronto, west of the moraine. ("30 minutes from the airport if fired from a railgun")

I think the Ideal-ification of the current org was abandoned. They started some renovation in 2003, but it sputtered out after a year or two. The fact is that the building has had structural problems since it was built. Also, the land that the org sits on is worth far more than the building, especially to developers wanting that square on the Monopoly board as a piece of their plans in the condo/shop wave coming down from Bloor.

If they did a trade with a developer for a mothballed inn now, in return for the org property later (no rush in the current market), they could move their administration stuff and Sea Org barracks out to the boonies (away from SP eyes), and meanwhile find a much smaller storefront to be the Toronto org/Dianetics shoppe body routing place.

If so, they'll have to de-mothball that inn and start shifting stuff out of the org (including people to do the scut work). We'll have to watch for signs.

Freedom claims that the new place was announced in June. I wonder where?
  8. pooks Member

That looks like a picture of a property they bought years ago and were going to make it into Canada's largest drug rehab facility (Narconon CA). I think it was an old monestary.
  9. Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

The most recent stories on tampabay.com have gotten a huge amount of attention, so thanks for reading and sharing the links.
    There are also some compelling video reports on tampabay.com, with a number of defectors talking about why they left. Take a look:
    Scientology: The truth rundown | Tampabay.com St. Petersburg Times
  10. AnotherMrPink Member

The interview videos are 1 million percent win.
  11. MongoLloyd Member

It does look rather decrepit. The fact that they've only got an aerial shot (that's no doubt pretty old, as they tend to be) and no close-ups of the actual buildings. With Scientology's penchant for finding the "Myspace angles" of their buildings, one can only assume the worst..
  12. AnotherMrPink Member

How bout that they never use a real pic of the SP building...cause it has a giant ugly hole in it and is surrounded by construction ugliness.
  13. Optimisticate Member

Welcome to WWP :)

The videos are just beautiful, as is the reporting. Thanks to the SPT, the truth is finally hitting the real mainstream media.

I don't want to speak for all, but you have my everlasting thanks!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  14. PagAnon Member

And my sword!

aragorn.jpg
  15. Anonymous Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!! The best joke of the thread.
    AnonymousNow is referring to the 80-page Freedom Magazine.
    Optimisticate is referring to WWP thread display settings.

temphos.jpg
  16. DeathHamster Member

Ah yes! Now I remember their aborted attempt to expand Narconon into Ontario. They didn't get very far before slamming into an iceberg. I'll do some digging to see if this is the same property. If so, this "idyllic property" has been idle for quite a number of years, and would be one heck of a fixer-upper! (Hubbard actually wrote something about the difference between maintenance and repair, but his other contradictory policies have priority.)

Nope. The Ontario one seems to have been two motels in Marmora Ontario, which isn't 30 minutes away from anything. I think the monastery was in Quebec.

Bah, GoogleGloops search function for ARS is worse than usual, and I don't have that period (2002) archived.

Here:
    http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.r...51592ee05ad/7ba5d0eecbed0382#7ba5d0eecbed0382
  17. WillyWonkanon Member

I wanna know who the hay "Ms. Peacock" "The Adulteress" is...
    Because i want to shake her hand and give her a medal of valor!!!!
  18. OHSHI Member

And my bow.

>
  19. webkilla Member

and my lulz

also, just read the whole thread. long thread is long - but damn, those wacky scilons...

not even anonymous could make up shit like that! lol!
  20. Anonymous Member

Travolta does not live in the Clearwater area. He lives in Ocala which is a good two hours away in the center of the state. That's not saying he didn't get mailed a copy since he and Kelly Preston are huge cult milk cows in Florida.
  21. NCSP Member

Amy Scobee. Her video's on the main Truth Rundown page.
  22. stuwyatt Member

A question for ex-sci's - If you were still in, and you received this magazine, would you have serious withholds after reading the 2nd half of the magazine, or would you blindly accept it as source?

I suppose the question I'm trying to ask is will this magazine make more people blow?
  23. Anonymous Member

At the very least it is going to make some old geezers who still are on the bridge go "Jason Beghe blew?" and also make them curious about who these four who shall not be named are.

But remember also that if they are doing auditing or on staff they are subject to security checks, so they're going to try to avoid entheta. But when Freedom Magazine itself contains more concentrated entheta and lulz than most anything I've seen .... well, what the fuck?
  24. AnonymousNow Member

I can see the Freedom Mag opening the door to a quest for outside information for many strict scilons. It raises lots of issues that many scilons have not been previously exposed to, inviting a resort to google.

I think the Freedom mag will be more damaging to Miscavige and the COS than any single article issued by any new source.
  25. Anonymous Member

It begs the question... how in the name of Xenu did DM think that this would be a good idea? Unless he has some form of ulterior motive behind what appears to be purposely sowing seeds of doubt, then the only other explanation is that David Miscavige has finally completely and utterly lost his mind.
  26. Herro Member

I think it's hubris to be perfectly honest.
  27. AnonymousNow Member

If hubris can bring down gods....

I'm thinking we also have a couple of additional factors at play as well.

I'm guessing, first, this is DM himself under attack, thus putting DM under extreme emotional pressure. He doesn't fit the profile of someone who handles direct attacks well. Second, DM has limited capacity, and no education. Third, all the high end trouble shooters have defected so he is on his own.

In short, DM is a sociopath with no capacity to handle these conditions, whether emotional or technical. And it's only going to get worse. Much worse.
  28. OHSHI Member

I would have because it wouldn't have made sense to me. For that piece of shit to make sense you have to be seriously disturbed emotionally.

edit: and even though lots of the advanced org scilons make their little theta bubbles and live outside reality... when they see the level of degraded and 'low-tone' nonsense in this magazine they're going to seriously ask questions, maybe even write knowledge reports (I hope!!) which will A) make COS management even more paranoid. Or B) get the senders of the KR's in ethics trouble and will blow.
  29. WMAnon Member

Did anyone notice at the bottom of page 12 the "refit" of the Freewinds? No shit it was a complete overhaul, YOUR BOAT WAS FULL OF DEADLY ASBESTOS AND HAD BEEN FOR DECADES!
  30. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

*finished thread*

that took some time... with that said... What everyone else already said 10 pages ago. epic fail etc.
  31. Anonymous Member

Something crossed my mind a little while ago.

Given that there are a number of current, and potential, lawsuits going on at the moment, could this send-out possibly be considered as a form of advance 'jury tampering' by attempting to influence people that might be selected to hear evidence, by giving them loads of information that might be irrelevant to the case?

Most people will, of course, still be generally unaware of the crimes of the cult, and fall for the "it must be ok if it calls itself a church' lie.

Of course, nobody knows who might be selected for the jury, so a blanket mailout over a massive area to try and reach many potential people, could result in jury members being considered biased one way or the other by having read this footnuke?

I'm not 100% sure of the exact legal terminology around all of this but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
  32. NCSP Member

Interesting thought, but I would imagine any trial would be in California, especially around any of the issues in the SP Times article. Those crimes/torts occurred, if I'm remembering right, exclusively at Int Base in CA, not at Flag, which is where the blanket mailings went out. I'm not a lawyer, though, so I'm happy to be corrected on possible jurisdiction.
  33. Optimisticate Member

Sorry, got a 3 track mind and I keep going off the tracks. :rolleyes:
  34. Optimisticate Member

Conveniently a press release was put out with some "info":

New Scientology Advanced Organization for Canada - with pic

Why don't they ever announce an opening date in these press releases?
  35. Sponge Member

^What they've done is footbulleted. It is clear, by mentioning "Miscavige" in it, that they intended to get their PR to the top of google news above the flap but they suceeded in causing google news to group it with the SP Times stories (on a relevancy sort).
    Scientology & Miscavige = shit magnet.
  36. Anonymous Member

Does anyone have a list of who the pseudonyms actually refer to?

e.g. King Chicken => Marty Rathbun, etc.
  37. amaX Member

Here's the thing about Clearwater and the Tampa Bay area: any one who's lived here for any length of time already knows about the cult. The cult really did waste their money by sending this magazine out---I tried to snag extra's from all my neighbors and friends and all but one had already tossed the damned thing. Nobody believes what they have to say and the good citizens of this area certainly aren't going to waste their time reading 80 pages of zombie cult bullshit.

Any lawsuit against the cult here in Clearwater might very well have to move to another jurisdiction, but where will they go? Everyone knows they're not just a funky religion now. Now everyone knows they're batshit insane and abusive.

Thanks to David Miscavige and all the little people who have made Anonymous' job so much easier! We couldn't have done and wouldn't have had to do it without ya, buddy! So, DM, you just stop punching someone long enough to pat yourself on the back. And keep those footbullets coming, you Scotch-drunk idiot!
  38. crockhat Member

The cracks are certainly appearing now, even by cult's standards. And the reek of desperation is in the air. (I have just had a popcorn conveyor belt installed.)

I know people under DM tend to be very cowed, but I also have to wonder about the chance of rebellion from the high-ups still in, now that the shit is really hitting the fan. Someone might even snap and R2-45 him, the way he treats people...
  39. xoixoi1 Member

I have been waiting for this for so long. The scilons are making the wrong moves EVERY time something new happens now.

Footbullet after footbullet. Time is not on their side.
  40. Tom Socrates Member

Fixed that for you.