Customize

Scientometric Testing (HOW DOES IT WORK?)

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Arsolycus, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ArnieLerma Member

Re: Scientometric Testing (HOW DOES IT WORK?)

Thanks for this Jeff (and everything else you have done)
    In that scribdlink is a reference to "The Arcon Monitor" a gizmo that Volney patented for alerting a projectionist in a movie theatre to adjust the ARC in the arclamp..

Just so you guys understand, before there was TV... there were lots of local movie theatres. The projectors for large screens back then used carbon arc rods, there was an elaborate mechanical rate-of-feed regulation system to regulate the arc length.

The Arcon monitor would alert a projectionist that something bad was happening by an alarm when he was not looking at the screen.

My uncle was the one who got my mom involved in Scientology in 1962, I used to goto the projection room when he was working and watch the movies through one of the little windows, and Id also watch the projectors, when he went to pee or smoke. He smoked and you could not smoke next to film back then as it burned pretty hot and fast and it was a movie theatre...

I wonder if my uncle had one of those ARCon monitors.. the word described what it tells you YOUR ELECTRIC ARC IS ON - ARC ON...

He was the one that got my family involved...
  2. ArnieLerma Member

The one of hubbard is from a scan of a an article in Der Spiegel magazine from I think 1994.
    I don't know the source beyond Der Spiegel. I believe it would have been supplied by Scientology or t could have been dug up by the invest journalists there at Der Spiegel. I Don't Know.

The scan of Volney was from a B&W offset press from some stuff mailed to Lermanet but It might have been only an 80 mesh screen used for that image, this is was a bottom of the line offset print job.. looks like an old Multilith however, the backgrounds must have been screened from the same photograph.

Which one is earlier?
    I dont know. I know what I'd like to believe, I know ron was a con man, I know $cn doctors photos..VIVIDLY - The Man With No Head! - I want to believe better of Volney.

I fixed my first TV at 11 and I found a schematic in my mom's stuff of a radio receiver drawn in pencil and dated 1962. Ive been into electronics since I built a crystal radio and hung a long wire up an airshaft to the 4th story of a tenament on R Street in Georgetown DC..and listened.. to my utter amazement - to Radio Australia, so I am very fond of Mr Volney Mathison he was an electronics man too and unlike doctors we can not bury our mistakes, we have to fix them.

Volney's "creative processing" and his "E-Meter" was ron's pattern used for the lower levels of $cn... the ones that scientologists like the best..

Hubbard destroyed Volney in the end, the guy that made scientologists favorite part of "the Bridge" ...the "lower level stuff" to hide his theft.
  3. ArnieLerma Member

holy shit..
    Richard DeMille....< this where some of the "management tech" came from I wonder what prior art he got it from.
  4. Anonymous Member

GENERAL RESEARCH CORP SANTA BARBARA CA - Storming Media

ECHO - Vietnam DEC 1968 197 pages
    Authors: R. G. Bridge; Jack F. Heller; GENERAL RESEARCH CORP SANTA BARBARA CA
    The full text of this report is available for sale. The ECHO Vietnam project evaluated the applicability of ECHO, an open-ended survey technique, to the study of verbally expressed behavioral norms and feelings of Vietnamese. During the summer of 1968, 319 subjects from the following populations were surveyed: Popular Forces, Regional Forces, Army of the Republic of Vietnam, RVN Navy enlisted men and women, Catholic and Buddhist men and women in DaNang and Saigon, Saigon school children, and Chieu Hoi ...
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

In the Final Echo Report by Richard DeMille - he referenced, and has studied a great deal of work already done by a guy named, Bavelas. Further reading of his references into his work since way back, shows that the field of Sociometry has been undertaken and used for some good although covertly - and some in intelligence,...and for which the Scienometric stealing has been derived.

Doesn't this reference to the subject ring a bell?

http://www1.psych.purdue.edu/~kip/Announce/Docs/Outcast-Lakin.doc

Given the relationship between mimicry and affiliation (Lakin & Chartrand, 2003), the increase in mimicking tendencies seen after exclusion suggests that participants may be trying to recover from their exclusion experience by affiliating with their new interaction partner. It is therefore important to note that the mimicry behavior of the participants seemed to have the desired effect.

Surely this ideation existed long before.

This whole piece leads to what can be said of how scientology operates, and uses their power to make people comply - to feel like they belong - or be disconnected. One way to see if $cientology is running is by the nature of inclusion/exclusion. The ways used have become highly technological. Have you're feet been rubbed today?

don't rub my feet. I won't agree.
  7. Anonymous Member

In the Final Echo Report by Richard DeMille - he referenced, and has studied a great deal of work already done by a guy named, Bavelas. Further reading of his shows references since way back, and currently about the field of Sociometry. Some research has benefitted, although covertly - and some used in intelligence,...and for which the Scienometric stealing has been derived.

Identification with groups, (social circles like $cientology or the Internet chat rooms) and what makes them cohesive is an element of sociometry.

Doesn't this reference to the subject ring a bell?

http://www1.psych.purdue.edu/~kip/Announce/Docs/Outcast-Lakin.doc

Given the relationship between mimicry and affiliation (Lakin & Chartrand, 2003), the increase in mimicking tendencies seen after exclusion suggests that participants may be trying to recover from their exclusion experience by affiliating with their new interaction partner. It is therefore important to note that the mimicry behavior of the participants seemed to have the desired effect.

Surely this ideation existed long before.

This whole piece albeit current leads to what can be said of how scientology operates, and uses their power to make people comply - to feel like they belong - or be disconnected. One way to see if $cientology is running is by the nature of inclusion/exclusion. The ways used have become highly technological. Have you're feet been rubbed today?

icky foot rubbers. don't rub my feet. I won't agree.
  8. Anonymous Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanometer
    That and a bit of Hypnosis. They do pretty much the same thing in Homeopathy, sometimes; take your Galvanic Skin Response and attach a lot of hokum to the reading.
  9. Anonymous Member

Also, it's interesting to note that the book "Autoconditioning; the new way to a successful life" by Hornell Hart PHD contains tables that are disturbingly similar to the tone-scales. This "Mood-Chart" self-assessment is referred to as a "Euphorimeter" in the text. It was published in 1956.
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Autoconditioning-New-Way-Successful-Life/dp/B000TYHGW2[/ame]
  10. Anonymous Member

11. Kevin35 Member

Does anyone have a copy of Volney's "Electropsychometry" they could scan and upload? I would pay someone for a photocopy too.
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Re: Scientometric Testing (HOW DOES IT WORK?)

If you need a machine to tell you what you are feeling then you have already lost the game.
  14. Kevin35 Member

I have the bits that have appeared, but i think it would be interesting to compare VM's detailed processes to the ones that show up in early LRH materials.
  15. Anonymous Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Rriw00k8E&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - Fun With a Lie Detector![/ame]
  16. J. Swift Member

Arnie, thank you for being out there alone all those years amassing pix and dox on lermanet.com. It is good to see &quot;Mt. Lerma&quot; being recognized as the Fort Knox of rare and hard to find data that it has always been.

This is an incredible thread. I want add what I have to the great thread going on here.

First, we see below one of Mathison's production dials. The photo is from a rare Mathison meter presently for sale on ebay. Note the patent number on the dial face: 2,487,024. Now, when we search for the patent number, it returns as Volney's arc monitoring device and not his electropsychometer: Motion-picture projection arc monitor

IMO, Mathison would not make that kind labeling mistake. I wonder why this serious manufacturing error happened. Inventors are incredibly careful with patent numbers on their devices and its associated art. Does somebody have Mathison's e-meter patent number handy? USPTO is only searchable to 1970.

related refs: Damn Data ¦ The secret origins of Scientology | Cabinet of Wonders

_DSC0049-Mathison-Meter-Met.jpg

/////
  17. J. Swift Member

This next picture shows the original tone arm:

_DSC0051-Mathison-Meter-Ton.jpg

Putting aside its covert purposes for a moment, the device itself was beautifully done for the period:

_DSC0045-Mathison-Meter-Ful.jpg

/////
  18. AnonLover Member

19. CuppyCake Member

I had many-a-unpleasant experience using these things for work. Since I was forced to do Scio training at this WISE-run company, I also had to encounter the E-Meter. They use it for everything from auditing, to checking your knowledge of a lesson you just read.

I'm not quite sure how I always got past it, but I lied my ass off and never had a single person question me. Probably why all those journalists who infiltrated the orgs got through the process, they aren't that hard to trick. Pretty dinosaur-type equipment here.

Glad I don't have to use of them ever again, praise Xenu!