Customize

Scientology's statement with regards to Anonymous

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Anonymous, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

Scientology's statement with regards to Anonymous

Hi all, /r/:

I'd like to get a full copy of the text found in this video:
    YouTube - Scientology Statement about Anonymous

As well as any other OFFICIAL Scientology media release or internal statement pertaining to Anonymous.

This is for the purposes of writing a piece for April 12th distribution.

Thanks in advance.
  2. NamelessEnvoy Member

3. Anonymous Member

Re: Scientology's statement with regards to Anonymous

Much appreciated.

Any other official statements would be appreciated also :)
  4. M.E.S.T. Member

"Somebody some day will say ‘this is illegal.’ By then be sure the orgs [Scientology organizations] say what is legal or not." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

"If attacked on some vulnerable point by anyone or anything or any organization, always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace."- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 15 August 1960, Dept. of Govt. Affairs

"Show me any person who is critical of us and I’ll show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrate’s hair on end." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, 4 April 1965

"...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
    crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
    exist...." -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967

"There are only two answers for the handling of people from 2.0 down on the Tone Scale, neither one of which has anything to do with reasoning with them or listening to their justification of their acts. The first is to raise them on the Tone Scale by un-enturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes. The other is to dispose of them quietly and without sorrow." - L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 170

"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." - L. Ron Hubbard, HCO PL 18 Oct 1967, Penalties for Lower Conditions
  5. Anonymous Member

Thank you for posting these quotes with sources, :)
  6. TDL Member

From the top to the end of the memo: Hello, and welcome to Akuba33 [youttube account name].

I have here the official memo that came out of the Church of Scientology. Blue line Kansas

City, filming protests. Me and my camere crew people decided we into the Church of

Scientology and try to get a statement. We were not given the statements, obviously. We

were given a couple of DVDs on the abuses of drugs by phychiatry, and this little memo about

Anonymous. Now I know that a lot of newscasters have mentioned pieces of it and said things

about it, but I'm pretty sure no one has actually gone off here and read the whole thing,

and I would like to read it for you guys now so anonymous can hear it and hear what

Scientology is saying about them and prepare for this.

Alright, so, get a little water.

The Church of Scientology's statement about Anonymous:

Anonymous is a group of cyber terrorists who hide their identities behind masks and hide

upon identity. Long before selecting Scientology as its latest target, anonymous has

destroyed the websites of 1,000 myspace users. When Fox news exposed their activities,

anonymous hacked and crashed the Fox website, and issued the first manifesto in the July 2007 video message:
    We are the face of chaos. We ruin the lives of other peoples just because we can. Hundreds

die in a plane crash; we laugh. A nation mourns over school shootings; we laugh. We are

the embodiement of humanity; no remorse, no caring, no love, no sense of morality.

Anonymous is perpetrating religious hate crimes against the Church of Scientology and

individual Scientologists for no other reason than religious bigotry. Anonymous had

initially justified its attacks by claiming the Church's request to some websites to remove

a stolen video from internet Church events somehow constituted an affront of free speech.

In fact, the Church, as with [indescernable], had simply sent routine notices that the video consituted a copyright violations. Similar have been sent daily by television and recording industries to those who display pirated and copyrighted works.
    Anonymous alleged free speech justification is belied by the fact that millions have seen the video in question. It is anonymous that has repeatedly attempted to suppress free speech through illegal assaults on Church web sites, so as to prevent the internet users to obtain information on the Church. They have also engaged in other harassing, inlcudes threats of violence, telephone calls, fax transmissions, and emails, not to mention anonymous mailing of white powder to dowzens of Churches, requiring the service of law enforcement. Anonymous' claims of altruistic purpose are no different than those heard from any terrorist or hate group. We are not the first to be targeted, Using Scientology's prominence, Anonymous hopes to garner more attention. Anonymous has publicly proclaimed its guiding tiers to be the communist mafifesto and Mein Kampf. Quite obviously this group is not only anti-Scientology, it is anti-freedom of religion and anti-free speech. Religious bigotry of any nature is deplorable, and profoundly affects the entire community. The hate crimes of Anonymous should be condemned. Anyone desiring information about the Church of Scientology or the content of the pirated video should visit the Church website Scientology Video Channel: Church of Scientology Official Site and www.scientology.[something].org to form their own opinions. The actions of anonymous will not interrupt the Church's normal activities. Serving as parishioners and [indescernable]. The Church is working in coordination with local authorities to minimize the negative impact of the mass-coordinated super-terrorist group.

And that is the memo, in full.

And that is what I have so far. I will edit. Post corrections, and what goes in the [indescernables].
  7. Re: Scientology's statement with regards to Anonymous

You can read the full statement here: Angie DeRouchie's Blog: February 2008

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY STATEMENT ABOUT “ANONYMOUS”

“Anonymous” is a group of cyber-terrorists who hide their identities behind masks and computer anonymity.

Long before selecting Scientology as its latest target, “Anonymous” destroyed the websites of thousands of MySpace users. When Fox News exposed their activities, “Anonymous” hackers crashed the Fox website and issued a perverse manifesto in a July 2007 video message on the Internet:

“We are the face of chaos. … We ruin the lives of other people simply because we can. … Hundreds die in a plane crash. We laugh. The nation mourns over school shooting, we laugh. We’re the embodiment of humanity with no remorse, no caring, no love, or no sense of morality.”

“Anonymous” is perpetrating religious hate crimes against Churches of Scientology and individual Scientologists for no reason other than religious bigotry. “Anonymous” initially justified its attacks by claiming that the Church’s requests to some websites to remove a stolen video of an internal Church event somehow constituted an affront to free speech. In fact, the Church, as would any copyright owner, had simply sent routine notices that the video constituted a copyright violation. Similar notices are sent daily by the television and recording industries to those who display pirated, copyrighted works.

“Anonymous” alleged “free speech” justification is belied by the fact that the video in question has been seen by millions. It is “Anonymous” that has repeatedly attempted to suppress free speech through illegal assaults on Church web-sites so as to prevent Internet users from obtaining information from the Church. They have also engaged in other harassment including threats of violence in telephone calls, fax transmissions and e-mails, not to mention the Anonymous mailing of white powder to dozens of our Churches, requiring the services of law enforcement.

“Anonymous” claims of altruistic purposes are no different than those heard from any terrorist or hate group. We are not the first to be targeted. Using Scientology’s prominence, “Anonymous” hopes to garner more attention. “Anonymous” has publicly proclaimed its guiding materials to be the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf.
    Quite obviously, this group is not just anti-Scientology, it is anti-freedom of religion and anti-free speech.

Religious bigotry of any nature is deplorable and profoundly affects the entire community. The hate crimes of “Anonymous” should be condemned.

Anyone desiring information about the Church of Scientology or the context of the pirated video should visit the Church website at Scientology Video Channel: Church of Scientology Official Site to form their own opinions.

The actions of “Anonymous” will not interrupt the Church’s normal activities serving its parishioners and the community, and the Church is working in coordination with local authorities to minimize the negative impact of this mask-wearing, cyber-terrorist group.
  8. evey Member

as much i realise this is what they do and try to ignore it (i.e. blatantly make up stuff) - surely there must be some kind of rebuttal against this? i know you can't really libel anyone when everyone is anonymous, but shit this annoys me.
  9. Edges Member

"Mass-coordinated super-terrorist group" :tinfoil:
  10. Re: Scientology's statement with regards to Anonymous

You sue them for slander.

Luckily I'm working on a way to get the British government to pay for it.
  11. CVAnonymous Member

If it works in Britain, it'll most likely work here, too. Let us know how it goes!