Customize

Scientology's evil little brother - Landmark Forum

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Randomness, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Randomness Member

Scientology's evil little brother - Landmark Forum

Landmark Forum, started by a high ranking ex-Scientologist, uses many of the same methods to brainwash its followers.

French with English subtitles, shocking stuff and worth a view or two.

http://www.katot.org/KtVid_10003.asp
  2. musketeerwang Member

Re: Scientology's evil little brother - Landmark Forum

AKA Landmark Education. A friend of a friend got sucked into it - I hadn't actually realised the founder was ex-Scn though.
  3. Anon1OfLegion Member

[IMG]
  4. Re: Scientology's evil little brother - Landmark Forum

Yeah. Once scientology is exposed once and for all, groups like that will start falling left and right. And if not, we can always help the domino effect along during the "mopping up" phase.
  5. anonimoo Member

Stay on target... This is small potatoes and from Wikipedia's entry, this is well on it's way out anyway.
  6. alsocake Member

Landmark is a bit cultish, but officially unrelated to $ci. Get back to work :lol:
  7. Randomness Member

End of the video includes an ex-Scieno talking about similarities in the brainwashing method, please view this, and sorry for not mentioning this earlier :oops:
  8. Bunny Member

I want to go to one of these, just to fuck with the guy. growing up with three sisters will make a guy able to hold his own in an argument ^_^
  9. Re: Scientology's evil little brother - Landmark Forum

I wouldn't. Arguing is something they deliberately make very hard for you. They'll use long hours of talk, slowly creeping management of your time and fairly devious peer-group pressure to make it really difficult to tell the guy he's a twat. Before you know it you'll be phoning someone to tell them you forgive them for something and inviting them to your "graduation" whereby they get the sales pressure too!

I was once living in a hotel in Sweden when Landmark Forum swept through the staff. It was really annoying - a fun bunch of happy young people who we had a great giggle with suddenly turned into a serious, boring mob who's only conversation was about how we didn't know how bad our lives were, but going to "The Forum" would show us and help us...

... they didn't like us referring to it as "The Cult" either - really pissed them off.

But this is all off-topic. CoS first, then pick off the others... :)
  10. Eldon Member

Yeah, Cof$ first. Then Landmark and Avatar, which I call the daughter cults.

Both are secular, for-profit orgs derived in part from Scientology methods, with some Zen or New Age channeled stuff mixed in. Avatar, in particular, is extremely mercenary and manipulative. Sort of like Amway/Quixtar in the way it bleeds the "distributors" dry after promising them a career opportunity as a trainer. But they don't even get a garage full of overpriced detergent.
  11. spanish Member

i took the three day landmark course at the end of last may, i took loads of notes while there. if anyone has questions, post em up or pm me and id be more than happy to answer them.

the only real trouble i had was at the end, when they offered the evening course for free. i signed up and instantly had doubts. when i tried to withdrawl over the phone, they told me the reason why i never accomplish anything is because im a quitter (which is false, the person had never even met me), and that i was lying to myself and was letting down my family, among other things. after 15 minutes of phone manipulation, it ended nicely, with me literally yelling "fuck you" a few times and hanging up.

i recieved mail from them a few days ago after specifically asking for NO CONTACT. i called to ask to be taken off, and the woman said "do you have anything to say about how you feel, because i want you to be left powerful". *facepalm*
  12. same thing happened in the 1960s with the Process Church of the Final Judgement