Customize

Scientology's crimes against good taste

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Horseradish, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

It's not that they're old. It's the stress.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

AVJGP.jpg

E74cm.jpg

the scientology cult selling people like John and Mary Chadder and James Osbourne the title 'scientologist humanitarians'.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Horseradish Member

Funny how in every location they conveniently change the message and the design.

Here in London, in the City of London that is, that gaudy cross almost vanishes, encased in a shield shape designed to look like a fake City livery company coat of arms (over the door):

2013-03-19_08-02-26.jpg

2013-03-19_08-02-56.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

Like some sort of, I don't know, disguised trap.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

gothic script gold lettering on black - classy
  7. Anonymous Member

I don't mind it, apart from the Olde Worlde Capitale Lettearse. Which shows that when they think London, they think American stereotype.
  8. Horseradish Member

They're trying to beg influence among the City livery companies. Who, it should be said, are full of influential people.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. WMAnon Member

Personally, I'm offended that Scientology got anyone named Valerie.
  10. TrevAnon Member

11. whitesand Member

Interesting that Mr. Osborne's "beautiful and supportive" wife is not in the picture with him.

There are lots of these pics of middle-aged folks giving it all to the cult. In 20 years, they will need fund raisers because they've nothing left and have a catastrophic illness.
  12. anon walker Moderator

That was their "Golden age of pulp fiction" or whatever. They were handing out those prints at Comicon. I have one, but I don't know where I stashed it.
  13. Anonymous Member

Right in the middle of a book on calculus or fish-keeping, so you can look at it on the sly, I'll bet. ;)
  14. Anonymous Member

This just in courtesy of Karen De La Carriere:

[IMG]

And, erm...

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  15. anon walker Moderator

WRONG!
    It was in 'Advanced Algebra.'
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Horseradish Member

Guggenheim to Host "The Arts of Scientology": The New York museum announced yesterday that it is teaming with the Church of Scientology to develop an ambitious three-part series of exhibitions about the art, music, and "auditing technology" of the famed self-help religion. Funded by a landmark $40-million donation from the Church, the so-called Church of Scientology Guggenheim CLEAR Initiative will kick off in fall with a show focusing on the watercolors of Church founder L. Ron Hubbard, featuring more than 100 works. "Like the Guggenheim, the Church of Scientology has a truly global ambition, and has attempted to expand its influence to countries around the world," museum head Richard Armstrong said at a press conference. "Though also like the Guggenheim, Scientology has been ejected from several of those countries." Asked whether the partnership might be seen to endorse the Church’s controversial practices, Armstrong replied, "We believe that cultural engagement is a force for understanding… The very fact that they are willing to give us so much money indicates that there is more to this Church than many critics think." [NYT]

Posted 1st April.
    http://www.artinfo.com/news/story/885264/nick-cave-reveals-true-identity-art-basel-launches-fair-of
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Random guy Member

LOL!
  19. Horseradish Member

Mebbee you would have been even more taken in if it had said 'photography' rather than 'watercolours'? ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jensting Member

that would have been rather more convincing. Although the amount of money was a little over the top
  21. Anonymous Member

Suri looks like Tommy Davis.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

vanity-fair-2006-10.jpg
  23. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  24. fishypants Moderator

25. Horseradish Member

It would have been yet another excuse to get more money from the punters.
  26. Horseradish Member

New year, new crimes?
    • Like Like x 2
  27. aegerprimo Member

Okay, please don't hate me for posting this, but here is Scientology TACKY MUSIC with LRH himself singing! :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

We need to see Suri when she's unhappy. REAL unhappy.
    Anonymous
    This message by Anonymous has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  32. Cassie Member

No we don't , she's a kid.
    • Like Like x 4
  33. this^^^
    • Like Like x 3
  34. Cassie Member

It's beyond me why anyone would pick on Suri, the poor kid is an innocent victim in the mess that is her father.
    She's off limits as far as I am concerned, and you whoever you are should be ashamed of yourself for the suggestion you made.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Anonylemmi Member

• Like Like x 4
  36. suri cruise Member

They think I look like Tommy Davis, and there are certain meanies here who like to speculate that he's my daddy. This funny picture of Tommy is why they want to see me looking unhappy:
    suri2_zps242e9eed-png.199360.png
    • Like Like x 2
  37. White Tara Global Moderator

I would almost lay money down that someone has posted that megafrown suri pic in a side by side comparison with tommies one. Just where, I do not know. It was awesome though :)
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  38. White Tara Global Moderator

Oh lol, no you are right Suri, with a sense of humour like that you could be noone elses other than Toms. :)
  39. 449

40. 449