Customize

Scientology's crimes against good taste

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Horseradish, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Horseradish Member

We all know the actual crimes - as in against the law - that scientology commits.

But what about those other crimes, the crimes against good taste?

From the logos to the websites to the flyers to the events to the advertising posters to the yootube postings to Miscavige's taste in music, every day scientology promulgates an aesthetic we've most recently seen unearthed across Saddam Hussein's palaces, but for which there is a substantial history among the world's dictators.

Please post your examples. And endeavour to explain why it is a crime against good taste.
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Anonymous Member

Juliette Lewis is a crime against good taste.

So is Kirtie Alley.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. snippy Member

• Like Like x 17
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 8
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

real-ron.jpg?w=700.jpg
    Hubbard.jpg
    lrhthinks.jpeg

A hat trilogy
    • Like Like x 11
  7. L. Ron Hubbard:
    Ron-Hubbard-cowboy-e1348791021899.jpg

Same scene recreated in The Master:
    36.jpg

More of LRH pretending he is a cowboy:
    dqqcu0.jpg l-ron-hubbard-motorcycle.jpg
  8. Their chronic over/mis-use of display caps in their graphics past and present is an egregious crime against taste and decency.

Hey OSA! Erte called. He wants his Bocklin Caps back.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. DeathHamster Member

What kind of alien growth is sprouting from his finger?
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Probably some manifestation of Tertiary syphilis.
    • Like Like x 8

11. it is not a crime to use a vacuum cleaner late at night
    I am not beating up a clown ...only using the vacuum cleaner with a friend late at night is it a crime ?
  12. Anonymous Member

I am wondering how big that thing on his head is under that beret and all those other hats he just happens to be photographed wearing.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

I love this one. It shows how artless they can truly be. And the mistakes (for a magazine touting an article on Tarot) are funny as hell:

Their emperor is under the roman numeral eight. The emperor is number four in the tarot. Eight is usually *Strength* depicting a girl with a lion.

And I guess the guy with linens from the mess hall taped around his legs is supposed to be the Fool.

The dead branches are hilarious as well as the Hanged Man is traditionally dangling from a living tree, not surrounded by brush salvaged from a none too-recent landscaping job. The flesh-colored tights are an amusing touch. I wonder how long Ron let that poor kid hang while he got the perfect shot.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Anonymous Member

Thank you for reminding me of the Advance Magazine Covers.

This issue featured William S. Burroughs, clear #1163.

Advance Mag.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Ron was probably happy the kid didn't fall until after he got his "perfect shot".
  16. It makes me want to get on The Bridge so I can disappear while crossing it like this guy did:
    [IMG]
  17. Anonymous Member

I can't remember the exact source of it, but there was a phase in which scn was into these sort of cartoon pin ups of women. Someone was selling prints to raise money.
  18. Anonymous Member

I have one for you. Having a CCHR fundraiser at the Celebrity center to supposedly advance something to do with human rights while the poor people working at the same exact event, in their sea org, are being paid 50 cents an hour and have no health care and horrific working conditions and ridiculous hours. Very very, tacky.
    0_CelebrityCentre.Gala.jpg

Exploiting your staff to trick out your luxury cars and maintain your mansion is terribly tacky, so very tacky.
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlooAnon Member

Swing coats
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

24. grebe Member

The sweaters.

• Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  26. grebe Member

Any poem written by a Scientologist. I would quote an example, but I've apparently repressed those traumatic memories.
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Chipshotz Member

but of course:
    • Like Like x 3
  28. cob_hd_2000.gif

On the eve of the year 2000, before a Los Angeles audience of nearly 14,000 from dozens of nations, Mr. David Miscavige presented an historic address — benchmarking the end of the first half-century of Dianetics and Scientology.

Here was the story behind the meteoric rise of the Scientology religion, and all that it faced and ultimately overcame.

What follows are extracts from this pivotal event.

MR. DAVID MISCAVIGE: Welcome to an evening like no other in our history, and a New Year celebration like none other on Earth. For while the whole world awaits the New Millennium tonight, with whatever hope and aspirations they can muster, this one is different for us.
  29. Anonymous Member

great thread
  30. Gottabrain Member

Required reading for every Church of Scientology minister dealing with donations:

6773506-M.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Gottabrain Member

• Like Like x 3
  32. Shit huge platinum diamond encrusted medals for, for, for, giving money to a "church" ?or was it for "when you see an accident you know you are the only one who can help"? Or maybe he got it for being almost as short as dave?
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 8
  33. anonamus Member

A great classic teaser to bad taste:
    #!
    • Like Like x 4
  34. grebe Member

I have to agree about the big gaudy medals. Also those huge framed certificates suitable for wall mounting for taking a bullshit overpriced "course." Reminds me of the Special Olympics where everyone is a winner.

The other thing Scientologists do that I feel is in bad taste: they brag about being ethical.

One more: that midi music in their videos for Miscavige events. Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun.... So awful.
    • Like Like x 8
  35. DeathHamster Member

[IMG]

Leni Riefenstahl in a fuck buddy relationship with Ming the Merciless.
    • Like Like x 10