Customize

Scientology to sue Catholics in Italy

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

re: Scientology to sue Catholics in Italy

wayback.jpg

"Sherman, please set the WABAC Machine to cover the Whole Time Track."
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Fuck I h8 you when imma eating!

XP
  3. amaX Member

i <3 u!

[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
  4. pedrofcuk Member

Re: "Courageous stand of the Daughters of St. Paul against Scientology in Italy"

Yea, what you said
  5. mnql1 Member

Randy Sly's article and the Clerical Whispers blog (the article in the OP) are extensively quoted in 2 articles posted on 2 websites in Spain:

Jan. 7, 2010: La Cienciología demanda a la Editorial San Pablo por publicar testimonios de ex miembros - ReL
    Jan. 8, 2010: La Cienciología demanda a las Hijas de San Pablo por publicar libros sobre la secta

News of the cult of Scientology's intention to litigate against Maria Pia Gardini appears in a Russian article dated Jan. 11, 2010 on www.regions.ru, a website based in Moscow. This report is based on an article in Russian posted on the Catholic website Milites Christi Imperatoris, whose home country is the Ukraine and which has content in Ukrainian, Russian, and English. Translating the articles from Russian would not add any new information to this thread, but the existence of these articles indicates that this information is now available in Russia in Russian.
  6. Django Member

Re: Sen Xenophon is Greek Orthodox

As a corollary, it ain't polite to call a Greek a cretin...
  7. Anonymous Member

This is good:

A Scientology Jihad?

Begin Transmission:

It seems our favorite cul-uh-hum-religion is picking fights where it shouldn’t…

Scientologist to S. Baptists: 'We're a religion. We proselytize' - Faith & Reason

The local Scientologists are running ads in the The Tennessean, which is headquartered in Nashville, where the biggest gathering of Southern Baptists are at.
    Yea, that’s a smart idea. That’s like me walking in to the biggest crack den in the state and yelling ‘POLICE!’.

And Southern Baptists are just as lawsuit happy as the Scientologists. My money is on the Southern Baptists on this one.

And speaking of lawsuits,

Church of Scientology Sues Daughters of St. Paul for Publishing Book by Catholic - Catholic Online
    The Scientology branch in ITALY is suing a CATHOLIC publisher for libel for a book from a ex-Scientologist.

Can someone tell me what’s wrong with this picture?

I’m waiting for the vid when the POPE bitch slaps David Miscarriage…
    This is gonna be a VERY interesting year for Scientology…

End Transmission.

A Scientology Jihad? avideogameplayer’s Transmissions from the Matrix
  8. Anonymous Member

Cross post from esmb: Daughters of St. Paul unfazed by threats from CofS - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Daughters of St. Paul unfazed by threats from CofS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...f_scientology/

Quote:
    In Italy, the pre-Christmas release of the book "The Courage to Speak Out - Stories of ex-Scientologists" was met with a promise from the National Church of Scientology of Italy to bring legal action against the author and "whomever has assisted her." A spokeswoman for the book's publisher told CNA that, as of yet, no such action has been taken against them...

...The publication of the latest volume from Gardini was so ill-received by the National Church of Scientology of Italy that following its release, Luigi Brambani, from the organization's local public affairs office, released a statement threatening legal action against Maria Pia Gardini and "whomever has assisted her with activities that the Church considers detrimental to its image."

Brambani's Dec. 8 message also alleged that Gardini "has for years publicly spread falsehoods and libel, creating and encouraging a climate of hatred and discrimination against the Church of Scientology."

According to the spokeswoman, the Church of Scientology also reacted openly to the publication of Gardini's first book in September of 2007.

Speaking to CNA, Pauline Publications spokeswoman Sr. Beatrice Salvione said that the company is unaware of any legal action to date.

Sr. Salvione also defended the decision to publish the book, despite the negative reaction from the church.

"The volume does not contain unfounded or defamatory news so we decided to publish it,” she explained to CNA in an email, citing no other motive for publishing the book besides that of informing the public and spreading awareness of such groups to the largest audience possible.

The charism of the Daughters of St. Paul, the sister stated, is "to utilize cultural instruments and information in service of the Gospel," and this service is completed by offering instruments of knowledge, reflection and cultural insight.

Despite the complaints, Sr. Salvione pointed out that "it won't be up to the reactions of Scientology to determine the choices of the editor and this is not because we wish to be noticed, but because we carry out a service to the Church and to society."
    ---------
  9. HellRazor Member

10. re: Scientology to sue Catholics in Italy

11. EyeOnSci Member

I gotta agree with that.

The light of truth is unfolding before us.

Enough of all this moralfaggotry!

Moar shoops!
  12. Sponge Member

Did David Miscavige seriously think he could just dip his tiny toe into the water and test to see just how cold the reaction would be to a threat of a law suit against a Catholic religious order without having it chewed right off? I'm not entirely sure whether Miscavige is off the mental leash enough to ignore all this backlash and put his threat into action but I doubt it. It's probably only his legal advisors that are holding him back.
    I don't even understand how any lawyer would dare serve what must be one of the cults most unpopular C&D's so far. Maybe his legal team were frustrated trying to explain and gave in to DM a little just to show him how much serious fail he would be in for (like, in the big picture, he would lose even if in the unlikely event that he won).
  13. LR Ache Member

Silly Miscavige forgot to follow Hubbard Survey Tech before trying this new way of promoting scientology.
  14. JohnnyRUClear Member

This should be the new Anon posting avatar.
  15. PieratKing Member

PopeJPII.jpg
  16. doz3r Member

The Catholic church not only has millions of VERIFIABLE followers, but it has deep pockets as well.

Bring it on Moxy and the other cult bitches...!

WINWINWIN

BTW.. Isn't Katie Holmes from a good Catholic family???

Could be the straw that breaks Tommy girls back... lol
  17. Anonymous Member

I have to wonder what her Daddy 'Lawyer' thinks about all this. But this is not in celeb thread so...

Katie's lawer dad has best be reading this shit lol.
  18. re: Scientology to sue Catholics in Italy

Ahhh...it's always good to see fans of my work...wanna bet that the Mormons are gonna be next on the list?
  19. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  20. PodPeople Member

Evidently, MissCabbage doesn't know about the rulers hidden under the nuns' garb. Or anything about nuns. whack whack whack away.
    Wait. I'm thinkin of American nuns. No tellin what Italian nuns got under there.
    Nuns make the mafia shudder, just sayin. not exaggerating
  21. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  22. PodPeople Member

Hey, that's my 3rd grade teacher! Liked her. She gave all the girls "A" and all the boy's "F" (true). So glad you didn't post pix of my 4th grade teacher. still have nightmares and forever stunted my math skills.

davey is soooo screwed to the cross. Normally, I'd go to hell for liking that, but as an Ex, already been, so I get a pass.
  23. Robocat Member

Re: Scientology sues Catholics in Italy: FLUNK!

nunp.jpg
  24. moarxenu Member

Re: Scientology to sue Catholics in Italy

Sr. Helena Burns is a cool American Daughter of SP. I tweeted her about the Daughters article. She tweeted this:

"@moarxenu Go Daughters! (or "Figlie" in Italian). Thanks for sharing link"

Blog of Sr. Helena Burns, media nun: Hell Burns

aMVC-366FSrHelena.JPG.gif
  25. rof Member

5JnJL.gif
  26. Anonymous Member

Fail. Look at the reflection, surely you could create something better than that?
  27. mnql1 Member

Maria Pia Gardini will be interviewed by Maurizio Canetta on the Swiss Italian television program Storie on Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 9 P.M. on RSI LA 1. The program's website does offer some video of recent interviews, so one can hope that this interview will also be archived there.

CdT.ch - A viso aperto contro Scientology

RSI - Storie
  28. Anonwithhold Member

The lawsuit will be the best thing to happen to the critics movement.
    Catholics are every where in the world, and it will have major repercussion in the globe. It is the best advertising so far to the corruption, and crimes inside the fake "Church".
    I hope $cientology COB goes ahead with this important lawsuit. It will be their demise. There are plenty of people victimized by this Cult.
  29. Re: Scientology to sue Catholics in Italy

30. mnql1 Member

Maurizio Canetta's Jan. 17, 2010 interview with Maria Pia Gardini is now available, in Italian, on the website of the RSI Swiss Italian network, in 4 parts:

Maria Pia Gardini Interview, Jan. 17, 2010 (In Italian) - Part 1

Maria Pia Gardini Interview, Jan. 17, 2010 (In Italian) - Part 2

Maria Pia Gardini Interview, Jan. 17, 2010 (In Italian) - Part 3

Maria Pia Gardini Interview, Jan. 17, 2010 (In Italian) - Part 4

These links are listed on the website of the RSI program Storie:
    RSI - Storie
  31. PodPeople Member

This is major fail no matter what happens from here. Even if Davey backs down, the fact Scn was even thinking about it exposes the dark underbelly. Oh, also that Davey's a coward.
  32. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice. Thanks.
  33. Ann O'Nymous Member

There is also a documentary: RSI - Flash Player
  34. mnql1 Member

35. Ann O'Nymous Member

That is what I figured out. But it is interesting to have an Italian version.
  36. themadhair Member

37. Anonymous Member

Huh....click on part 3 and you get this

Eng sub version available anywhere else?
  38. mnql1 Member

Sorry about that; the videos in outtech's playlist used to be public. Here's a YouTube playlist on rotulette's channel that's not private:

Scientology Investigative Report - Devoir d'enquête
  39. Ogsonofgroo Member

Probably more than a few of the 'good' ladies have bros in the courts, even moar in 'the family'~ CoS nipping at the heels of bull that may turn and tromple w/o mercy.
    Way ta go Slappy! (that's be YOU David Miscavige, ya frikken psychotic, greedy, little pus-sucker)
  40. Anonymous Member