Customize

Scientology spending millions on Birmingham headquarters

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Nov 6, 2012.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Birmingham Church of Scientology to reveal £6million plans for headquarters - Birmingham Mail

Moseley mansion to be used for 'educational purposes' as controversial church set to reveal restoration plans.

By Jon Griffin - November 6, 2012

The secretive Church of Scientology is to finally lift the lid on its £6 million plans for a listed mansion in Birmingham – seven years after targeting new headquarters in the city.

The American church, whose followers include Tom Cruise and John Travolta, is sending a representative to brief residents in a public consultation on the restoration of the former Pitmaston building in Moor Green Lane, Moseley.

The consultation days take place this Friday and Saturday at the mac in Cannon Hill Park – and around 720 leaflets have been sent out inviting householders to share their views. In September, the Church pledged to spend £6 million on a ‘complete and sensitive’ restoration to “bring the property back to its former glory”.

The Scientologists issued the statement days after the Birmingham Mail revealed public concerns over the state of the building, which has been left empty for years, sparking fears it could be left to crumble into disrepair.

Edgbaston-based Willoughby Public Relations has been appointed by the church to liaise with planners from architects Broadway Malyan over the change of use of the mansion from offices to educational use.

Julia Willoughby, chief executive of the PR company, said: “We want as many people as possible in the immediate vicinity who are affected by this to turn up. There will be representatives from the project team, the church and ourselves there – this is part of the promise we are giving people to consult with the public of Moseley.

“We have done a big door to door drop – 720 leaflets went out to residents in the immediate vicinity. We have contacted everybody who needs to know and more. This will provide a chance for the public to feedback to us, we want to hear their comments.”

The US Church bought the Moseley mansion for a reported £4.25 million in September 2007 but the premises have remained unoccupied since. The building was home of the Ideal Benefit insurance society for decades.

Source, and open comments:
    www.birminghammail.net/news/local-news/birmingham-church-of-scientology-to-reveal-6million-290278

www.google.com/search?q=Birmingham+site:whyweprotest.net

www.google.com/search?q=Willoughby+Public+Relations
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TorontosRoot Member

It's toime to educate and kick scientology out of that mansion. Let somebody who legitimately wants to use it, buy and own it.
  3. TorontosRoot Member

We don't need anothwr idle org.
  4. Touchstone Member

Scientology promising to spend millions and Scientology actually spending those millions are two different things entirely. They've let the property sit and degrade for five years, now. They might clean it up; they've eventually done that in other instances. But local contractors should be warned of Scilon standing policy of late payments, etc. Furthermore, locals might want to be advised of the underslept, underqualified slave Sea Org labor likely to be employed for much of the work.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

Local leafletting of over 9000 homes should ensure it never happens.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TorontosRoot Member

This!
    It needs to be done.
  7. Anonymous Member

We've all seen their hacked emails. Read their desperate scam jobs, ripping off the vulnerable.

Birmingclams don't have money, and they don't have more than 20 regular suckers showing up.

You think a six million dollar refit of what looks like a damp rotting former mental hospital will ever happen?

There's more chance of Katie Holmes marrying John Travolta than anything happening at Birmingham worth getting alarmed about.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. RolandRB Member

20 Brummie clams - that's only 300K each - they can postulate winning the lottery or use their super powers for an accumulator on the nags.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TorontosRoot Member

I don't see them as winning. 20 VS entire down/city population considering they're SP's and critics.
  11. RolandRB Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sonichu Moderator

Let's observe the facts, and the logical outcomes:

1. The building was purchased ~5 years ago.
    2. In all that time, the property degraded. With little action from Scis.
    3. Now Suddenly, Scientology says they will pay 6MEuros to repair it.

Surely, if Scientology Inc. could have afforded to do the renovations, they would have done them 5 years ago right? I mean what purpose could letting the building fall apart serve? There are only a few reasons this is the case:

1. Scis did not have the Millions of Euros they needed 5 years ago.

This is good for 2 sub reasons:
    a. Either the money had to be moved around from uplines and was tight to get together, it took 5 years.
    b. Every Sci was regged on Europe to raise this. That's a couple million that will be squandered on a useless mORGue.

2. There is a major breakdown in communication, resulting in the cycle of action failing to be completed. Scis are stretched thin, and it took them 5 years to get their shit together.

3. Davey (or someone) is micro managing, and failed to focus on this project. Thus the only people to blame on this taking so long are Scis.

Of course, I'm sure the Scis will say there were other reasons, but I think these 3 are the most likely. And all of them point to one thing: WE RUN THIS. Look out Davey, Someone you trust is one of us!
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. RolandRB Member

For some reason, Church management can not complete cycles of action.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. peterstorm Member

Same thing as in Montreal. Building is just sitting there.
  15. Anonymous Member

The most incapable people on the planet.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. RolandRB Member

What they do is to have a session where they lock the doors so the chumps can not escape and get them to write down on the board how much Scientology means to them and how much they think it is worth to society and get them to postulate having that money. They total it and that is how much they say they are going to raise. Maybe they got 30 clams to attend and on average they postulated 200K each. They will not be able to actually raise a tenth of the total.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

This is just going to produce more negative PR for the cult when they fail to deliver!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Sure would be funny if it were the International Landlord (actual scilon title).
  19. RolandRB Member

They had better deliver or it is the RPF for them!
  20. Anonymous Member

I have been searching this forum for ages looking for the fundraising posters SeenThe Light posted. Must have been in the couple of thousand leaked emails thread? There was one of them selling TShirts, must have sold a few of them then to raise SIX MILLION. As for it being for education purposes, I assue that means they are going to teach people to "dance like clocks" to the Ideal Orgs Tick Tock rap?
  21. RolandRB Member

They could use the mind powers of an OT VIII to tell them all the winners on a racecard for the next day and then bet 50 quid on an accumulator bet before the first race. It would be wise to take the prices on the last two runners if possible to stop the magic sign collapsing the odds.

Maybe check out any response to the horses names on the e-meter.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/meeting/lingfield-park/08-11-2012/fast-cards
    • Funny Funny x 4
  22. CarterUSP Member

Birmingham scilon F A I L
    F A I L
    F A I L
    F A I L
    I laugh in anticipation of their increasing fail.
    If there was a failing contest then they'd fail that too.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. TorontosRoot Member

Can't some rich couple buy the property or hire a demolision thing to take it down? Better yet, kick the cult completely out and then take over the mansion and use it for what it was supposed to be, a mansion. :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. jensting Member

"in the presence of suppression, one makes mistakes" L Ron Hubbard. So who is the "SP?" David "third wheel" Miscavige or someone closer to Birmingham?
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Anonymous Member

27. BigBeard Member

Why do I get the feeling this announcement's only real purpose is to distract the 'true believers' from what's going on the narCONon the last week or so??

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. anon walker Moderator

You forgot the most likely one. When pressured over something like a crumbling building (or one that isn't completed for over 10 years) they know making announcements like this will buy them some time. The community thinks something's about to get done, so they back off some.

Of course, nothing is done, but it buys them some time and who knows? Maybe some money will fall out of the sky on them.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Sonichu Moderator

You're right, I did miss this one. I hadn't thought of it at all. Good for you! I'm glad to see this 4th outcome still means that we run this!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. DeathHamster Member

df940314.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 4
  32. Quentinanon Member

The Church of Scientology Real Estate Investment Trust
  33. TorontosRoot Member

More like it now.
  34. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  35. TorontosRoot Member

NICE LEAK!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  37. The above were first posted earlier this year in Leaks & Legal Birmingham Leaked Emails by SeenTheLight. There are loads more which need to be put together on this thread for any lurking journalists etc
    AND THOSE ARE F******* expensive bricks!
  38. TorontosRoot Member

Damn!! Well, this is gonna be fun. I wonder if we could make "Ideal SP's" t-shirts?
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Anonymous Member

They say your £2500 will get your name permanently displayed on the Honour Roll plaque. What happens when the named people leave or turn into SP's? Are they going to be erased from history.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

www.independent.co.uk/.../scientologists-to-build-new-6m-headquart...Cached
    1 day ago – The Church of Scientology is to build a new £6m headquarters in Birmingham as a base to recruit followers from across the West Midlands.