Customize

Scientology snubs coroner over suicide soldier 'audit file'

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by duanon, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jello Biafra Member

Re: Australian 'sci' soldier suicide - commission of inquiry

Fucking arrogant on the part of the Church. Anyone who is expressing the belief that scientology in any way contributed to his death would do well to back up that assertion though. So far all I see is "SCIENTOLOGY KILLS!!!! RAWWWRRR!"
  2. YAHRLY Member

give it a rest failsock
    who cares
    you are much of a barking mad moonbat in excusing scifags as the other type of moonbat is at seeing OSA behind every tree and shrub
  3. Anonymous Member

/r/ b& for ban evasion
  4. Antagone Member

I'll be sure at our next raid to ask the culties why they're bothering to hand their shitty leaflets out in Belfast when their 'religion' wasn't able to help that Belfast-born lad much or why their 'church' refused to help the coroner by not producing the files.
  5. determu Member

thank you mods

look at the amount he spent
  6. Anonymous Member

Nope, just obstructing an investigation into another death.

Also, you need to get some new schtick. It used to be funny because you trolled the tinfoilers but now it's just redundant cuntish contrarianism.
  7. RightOn Member

I laugh at this question
  8. firebug Member

9. Re: Australian 'sci' soldier suicide - commission of inquiry

Actually, I lol'ed for the 2X irony of Cruse's "stuck in an electronic incident" comment...
  10. Anonymous Member

OFFICE OF THE STATE CORONER
    FINDINGS OF INQUEST

- from link in above post

68.On 7 August 2006, Mr McBride withdrew $20,000.00 from a loan he had obtained from the ANZ bank and subsequently paid $25,000.00 for a Church of Scientology course.

73.Mr McBride was undertaking a significant course program which included components of auditing/counselling. Some of the courses that he undertook involved a significant personal commitment by him including attendance three nights per week and all day Saturday. From January 2007 he attended three courses on virtually a full time basis. He was at this time on leave from the army but was still residing at the Enoggera army base. Three courses were called “Drug Run Down”, “Happiness Rundown” and “ARC Straight Wire”. Ms Lisa O’Kane was his auditor. These courses were undertaken in the month of January 2007 and in the first week of February 2007. Mr McBride had completed the ARC Straight Wire course on the afternoon of 5 February. Something unusual happened around this time.

77.The courses can be fairly intense and auditing sessions can be draining. In their evidence both Ms O'Kane and Mr Cockerill agreed that auditing can be intense, straining, personal and confronting but both deny that the process could have in any way contributed to Mr McBride taking his own life and said it would be quite the opposite.
    78.Interestingly, although Ms O'Kane described in her statement that auditing was a process designed to help find and handle particular areas of distress in the person's life, she repeatedly stated in her evidence that she was only considering past positive experiences in Mr McBride's life and that she was not dealing with any areas of distress as that would require a higher trained auditor. I have to say that I had significant difficulty in accepting all of the evidence of Ms O'Kane. It had a very distinct flavour of being selective and avoidant about various issues and the examples she gave about possible areas of distress in a person's life were indeed involved in areas of minor stress as distinct from more significant areas of distress.

84.On 26 November 2008 a search warrant was issued in New South Wales however it became apparent that the auditing file was no longer present and that it had been transferred to Church of Scientology headquarters in the United States of America on 2 June 2008. That is of course seven days after the execution of the search warrant in Brisbane on 26 May 2008. It is accepted that the Brisbane Church members had no previous experience with such legal procedures. They were constantly in contact with the Sydney branch of the Church. The contents of the warrant executed in Brisbane would have been made known to Sydney soon after 26 May, if not that day. By that time the Church hierarchy in Sydney would have had very clear indications about the interest that the Coroner had in accessing the remainder of Mr McBride’s files for the purposes of the investigation, particularly the audit file. Although the Church was legally entitled to remove the file to the United States of America it did so in that knowledge.

87.There is no doubt that police investigators were interested in obtaining the contents of the auditing file. Shortly after the police interview that file was removed out of the Queensland jurisdiction. Shortly after the execution of a warrant in Queensland the auditing file (and perhaps the ethics file if it existed) was removed to the United States of America where this court has no jurisdiction.

94.There was considerable activity by Church members to convince Mr McBride to come into the Church to complete the audit. There were some 10 messages in all that were sent to him by members of the Church over the next few days. I find that this was not simply an enquiry as to when he was going to come in and sign off on his latest course. Something more serious is implied from the content of those messages and that degree of contact. I also got the distinct impression from hearing Ms O’Kane that she was virtually demanding him to come in and her explanation about that did not have a sense of reality about it.

98.Telephone records of Mr McBride’s mobile phone were accessed and further investigation revealed that only members of the Church of Scientology were in contact with him in the days leading up to his death.

105. That leaves Ms O’Kane and Ms Parker. I did not consider that Ms O’Kane was an impressive witness with much of what she had to say as being selective and at times implausible. Ms O’Kane agrees she sent some messages and they could have included words to the effect that he needed to come in and to contact them urgently. That accounts for those messages. I find that one or both of them sent messages with references to “jobs being at risk”, “audit”, and “getting people into trouble”. In my view those messages were more likely said or sent by Ms O’Kane. Ms O’Kane uses the word “trouble” in her record of interview with police and gave a most unsatisfactory explanation when she gave evidence to suggest the word did not really mean actual “trouble” but was more of an inconvenience to her schedule. Getting her into “trouble”, “audit” and “a job at risk” fit more properly with her relationship as an auditor for Mr McBride.
    106. It was suggested that any contact with Mr McBride over those days was simply to have him come in and finalise the administration processes of his auditing program which was just completed with Ms O’Kane. Mr McBride apparently had expressed a wish to have a break from his course work. The tenor and quantity of the messages however is not one of a desire to finalise some administrative process. It seems to have a much more serious tone about them as if something else had happened. Ms O’Kane, Ms Parker and Mr Cockerill also said that Mr McBride’s actions were most unusual in that he was usually so reliable. One wonders why anyone would have been concerned about him, as suggested by Mr Cockerill. What was there to be concerned about because someone wanted to postpone a meeting to finalise the course? What is clear to me is that there had been a change. Something had happened to Mr McBride because in the next day/hours he would take his own life in quite a premeditated manner.
  11. YAHRLY Member

yeah rather than debate or mock you would have the mods act as your goon and silence someone you dont like

YOU SOUND LIKE A SCIFAG
  12. OTBT Member

Thanks for posting this.

My opinion, ARC Straightwire is relatively benign. Lots of recalling happy times and events.

But, uh oh, Happiness Rundown.

Refund and Reparation - The Happiness Rundown

In my opinion, the Happiness Rundown is kind of like a low level Sec Check for relative newbies, where you have to confess your "crimes" and misdeeds.

Just my speculation, this particular rundown could be a significant part of what went wrong.

Someone wanting to leave or "take a break" from scientology after doing a sec check? In scienoland, this is a HUGE NO NO and something went seriously wrong.

His PC and Ethics folders would DEFINITELY have info on what went wrong. No surprise that Aussie scilons shipped his PC and Ethics folders out of the country.

FYI, I am not a Freezoner, and despise scientology in whatever form. But I know from my experience in scientology and on staff and as an auditor and Ethics training, per scientology's own Ethics, Tech and Admin,
    SCIENTOLOGY IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS GUYS SUICIDE.

Yes, I'm shouting.
  13. WTF Member

Possible military PDH (pain drug hypnosis)
    activated but missed and not handled in session.
  14. Anonymous Member

Scientology snubs coroner over suicide soldier 'audit file'

Scientology snubs coroner over suicide soldier 'audit file' | The Australian

By Sarah Elks | October 23, 2009

15. Re: Scientology snubs coroner over suicide soldier 'audit file'

It's already been posted on the other thread.

Lurk some moar. That is all.
  16. acedotcom Member

COS Covering Up Soldiers Suicide

17. Anonymous Member

18. Re: Australian 'sci' soldier suicide - commission of inquiry

Lurk more. There have been many speculative threads about Scientologists killing people on this board before. While there are a deaths which there is missing evidence and/or possible inadequate investigation, there is no death with can be credibly attributed to murder by Scientology. You can say Scientology is guilty of child labour, coverups of child sexual abuse, fair game, RPF etc because there is not a little bit of evidence, but PLENTY. Surely if Scientology was assassinating people, we would have seen evidence by now? One credible thread of it?

Lrn2credible....

There are plenty of nasty provable truths. Stick to those.
  19. coskilla Member

Re: COS Covering Up Soldiers Suicide

Electrocuted ? why do the scientologist always like electrocution. just like that moxon chick. Is this Like david carradine thing?
  20. Anonymous Member

^^ This. Scientology mainly kills by medical malpractice and suicide.
  21. acedotcom Member

22. Anonymous Member

a dead scifag?

YES

[mod]USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST[/mod]
  23. Anonymous Member

Driving someone to the point of suicide through negligence and malpractice is much like murder IMO.
  24. Anonymous Member

FAIL
  25. OTBT Member

Tin foily, but perfectly logical in scilon-think. This is actually addressed on the Happiness Rundown.

Happiness Rundown info available here, look in 1980 - 1984 Volume XVI, starts on page 457:

Scientology cult Hubbard Communications Office Bulletins (1950-1984) - Wikileaks

A couple questions on the Happiness Rundown. Remember, in this instance, these questions are beings asked to a soldier who later committed suicide:

From the repair list questions:

26. WTF Member

Notice that the questions are not prefaced with "in this lifetime"--this can be a whole track sec check. In the wrong hands, yes it can be made into a mess.

"Murder" and "Killing"(as ordered in military action) are often different things per the person's moral code.

Possible scenario:
    40-ARE YOU AFRAID YOU’LL GET IN TROUBLE IF SOMETHING IS FOUND OUT?

this question hits an implant that contains: "you must not tell about this" "if someone finds out about this you should kill yourself" "this incident did not really happen" "if you notice this incident you will immediately think of something pleasant at a different place on you time track instead"... (hypothetical example)

result: meter needle goes still, then floats (f/n). implant is in restimulation/soldier dramatizes content.
  27. Anonymous Member

Re: Church of Scientology defied coroner on suicide

Then why was this person doing the Happiness Rundown? Isn't it supposed to be for unhappy or depressed people?
  28. Re: Church of Scientology defied coroner on suicide

He was happy when he had money, then he went and blew it on [strike]hookers and ramen[/strike] auditing and courses, now he's sad . Fortunately scientology has just the thing for that...
  29. WTF Member

Re: Church of Scientology defied coroner on suicide

Essentially it is "integrity processing" or "security checking". Not specifically for unhappy or depressed people. Often times preliminary set up steps for the r/d do result in handling some unhappiness or slight depression.

Usually security checking would be expected at about Grade II, though it can be done at any level with correct pc education.

I haven't looked at the recent HRD prerequisites. I would expect a result to be that the person experiences relief from unburdening his/her case of "charge" from transgressions against a moral code. Not unlike a Catholic confessional "on steroids", sans the "hail Mary's".
  30. Anonymous Member

Re: Scientology snubs coroner over suicide soldier 'audit file'

Someone still inside needs to leak that audit file if possible - guy is dead - least that you could do for him and his family.
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

I'm [name redacted -- F U OSA], and I approved this message (when I saw it just now).
  32. Anonymous Member

WTF
  33. Sponge Member

34. Belladonna Member

^^^^ THIS. I almost wonder if this topic alone deserves its own thread.

Has Scientology ever before claimed "confessional privilege?" This topic will shine the spotlight on the whole concept of whether auditing is a confession or counseling, and with any luck, things should get hairy.

Also, do you think the press will be able to report on the many occasions where Scientology has leaked or misused audit files? These are important questions.
  35. Sponge Member

One just has to visit the cult's religiousfreedomwatch website to get a small sample of how the cult suddenly chooses to ignore their so called "confessional privilege" when it involves a "supressive person" leaving the cult and being critical of it.
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Optimisticate Member

It's only confessional privilege when it's not a desperate attempt with a Tampa Bay newspaper or Nightline, huh?
  38. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yeh, wonderin' too.

Suggestions fer bummed out and broke scilon victims~ stay away from long stringy thingies (ropes, cords, shoe-laces, maybe spaghetti too, etc.) and for sure power plants, sub-stations, electrical panals, garden hoses 'n' carz, and high places liek 7th story hotel rooms, ....oh, the ocean too.... oh, an weaponz of any kind.... dat shit just seems so bad for the health.

:/
  39. Sponge Member

From OCMB:
    I hope the coroner and the media keep pressuring. The family deserve answers.
  40. Anonymous Member

Typical fail sci-fag comment, go DIAF, take your dog with you too, its useless without Lron tech to guide it.

wotadork reigns.