Customize

Scientology rears head in Egypt's bookstores

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Scientology rears head in Egypt's bookstores

Moar at link

Scientology rears head in Egypt's bookstores | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
  2. Sponge Member

Re: Scientology rears head in Egypt's bookstores

It's a good article. Totally questions the cult.

also...
    LOL
    Baaaww
  3. new guy Member

4. LWrongHubbard Member

Hmm, and do Al-Azhar know LRH's opinions on Muhammad? Given the harm that can be done by rumours of blasphemy (witness both Coca-Cola and Pepsi's problems in the Middle Eastern market), I wonder how a genuine one would go down?
  5. new guy Member

sceintologyevolution.jpg
  6. OTBT Member

scientology1.jpg

L. Ron Hubbard's 'Dianetics' in Arabic, now available in Egyptian bookstores

scientology2.jpg

Official Al-Azhar seal of approval inside the Arabic-language edition of L. Ron Hubbard's 'The Way To Happiness".
  7. Major Boyle Member

Is there an Islamic Society in Egypt we can poon? I'm sure they'll be THRILLED to read what Hubbard thought of Muahmmed and Jesus (whom the Muslims also revere).
  8. AIN Member

My /b/rothers and fellow Anons, this has win all over it! Can someone please produce the phone number for a right wing cleric over there? I am sure he would love to know that bookstores are selling books that say The sacred prophet Muhammad was an alien.
  9. Anonymous Member

Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs in Egypt
  10. Anonymous Member

I wonder how the books recieved the endorsement? It can't be easy to get that kind of approval.
  11. DeathHamster Member

Past news:

I notice several lies in that story: "Scientific", that New Era Publications is somehow separate from Scientology, claimed NEP publication figures: "a major publisher like New Era, which publishes more than 500 books in 50 languages and which realizes annual retail sales of more than US$200 million", "Dianetics was developed long before Scientology" (No, only 2-3 years before.), that Narconon is only loosely affiliated with the Church of Scientology.

The truth:
  12. Obvious Sock Member

The $cilons misrepresented themselves and lied, of course.

I think that all it would take to get the endorsement revoked would be for the 'Powers That Be' find out exactly what Hubbard thought about Moose Slums and Mohammed.
  13. AnonLover Member

14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

They are also selling this shit in Peru, southamerica. Will start a thread about that in a minute
  16. Anonymous Member

'pooned.
  17. Anonymous Member

angry-arabs21.jpg
  18. AIN Member

if they flipped shit over a cartoon, image what would happen when they find out what Hubbard said about Allah and his prophet!
  19. AnotherSock Member

Scientology is imploding in the the west. For example, in the USA where the ARIS survey shows membership has halved in eight years. It's shrinking in a similar way in Europe and in Australia. So the cult turns to new markets, in the hope they can recoup some of their losses.

I'm not worried. The Hubtard was a racist, and Scientology is inherently racist. I don't think that will 'sell' well in developing countries. Plus they generally have well-established, proper religions... and so are less interested in importing wacky UFO cults from Florida.

If we just continue to publish news of the cult's own actions, it'll destroy itself soon enough.
  20. AIN Member

true but still, it would be quite lulzy to have the militant Islamic groups flip shit over this
  21. Anonymous Member

oh i harpooned it alright. and i'd like to thank osa osa osa for giving me further ammo by f'gaming me when they posted my dox on a muslim website so the admin would call me about my interest in the muslim religion. btw had a lovely chat with the poor fellow who ran the muslim site and he was hurt and angered that anyone would use his religion to intimidate someone. the story of my doxing on the muslim site was part of my educational and yet fascinating email that went across the intertubes last eveningtide. i must say that i love this internets thing and hope it catches on.
  22. AIN Member

you still have his email? Then tell him to let his friends know what Hubbard thinks of Muhammad and the other prophets.
  23. Anonymous Member

not to worry, good sir or madam. how ole elron thought of Muhammad and other religious prophets was part of the "fascinating" part of the email.
  24. AIN Member

excellent, may he spread the word far and wide.
  25. Anonymous Member

If you really want to do effective harpooning, find your local interfaith group and call up the Muslim organizations, talk to them, and then send them all this info.

I went to a local interfaith group breakfast meeting for the first time this morning. I met a really nice young Muslim woman from Egypt who publishes a local Islamic magazine. She was concerned when I told her so I am emailing her the lings ITT.

One of the speakers was a very cool young Jewish rabbi. He told a story of visiting a young Arab Israeli who foiled a suicide bomber when he was recovering in the hospital.

I am going to write the rabbi and tell him the cult is flogging Teh Way To Happiness as the solution to the Palestinian-Israel conflict. Also got Greek Orthodox, Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopalian contacts.

A lot of peeps have read the NYT article or saw Anderson Cooper so now is a good time to spread the word. Actually, NYT and CNN are good lings to send along.
  26. timthephoto Member

may i present, a custom harpoon for this thread.

The Blasphemy Report on L Ron Hubbard

as already used on info@muis.gov.sg
    also, because i can, i put that islam specific on the main-page
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

Of course I took the bait and tried to run the video.

29. El Diablo Member

I like how they put the quote marks around 'scientific', in that article. :)
  30. If you go to a mechanic to fix ur car do you car about his beliefs?Alhazar are the only advanced people in Egypt. God forbid if any Egyptian becames educated. Thanks to people of your nature.
  31. Zak McKracken Member

Don't know if you'll ever bother to read this, but if you actually read the thread you'd see that we really aren't concerned with what people at Alhazar believe or not. Our concern is with a creepy UFO death cult (Scientology) that tried to infiltrate your esteemed institution, 7 years ago. And we don't even care much what Scientologists believe- it's their practice of stealing people's money, life and brains that we're trying to expose.

Of course, you're replying to a 7 year old thread, so none of this is news anyway. I hope you have managed to purge the creepy UFO death cult from Alhazar by now.
    • Like Like x 1