Customize

Scientology ready to sue HBO for Copyright Infringement!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by BlackRob, Mar 16, 2015.

1. anon8109 Member

2. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 4
  3. GibbousWaxing Member

I'd say Ms Yngling has an M/U.

She says stuff like: "The Church did not bug the IRS, Department of Justice or anyone else...notion is simply absurd...preposterous claim...would never have countenanced such criminal activity...blah, blah, blah...."

I picture Gibney taking a dictionary down from a shelf, opening it to the "b"s, and pointing at a definition:

bug v.t. 1. Annoy repeatedly; pester

Not the nicest of behaviours, but hardly criminal. My brother and I used to bug each other all the time when we were kids. Now, not so much.

I know, dear. He was talking about Scientology, so you just naturally thought...oh, never mind.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Intelligence Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/hbo...-travolta-trapped-scientology?cid=db_articles

March 25, 2015 - Cult Examiner:

HBO Going Clear film, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, trapped in Scientology

• Like Like x 5
  5. the anti Member

• Like Like x 4
  6. BlooAnon Member

A lot of those comments are the same wording, yet not quite c/p. You would think they would vary it a bit so that it wouldn't be so obvious, but then again, this is CoS we're talking about; they just don't care.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Intelligence Member

I heard DM is paying the Trolls a buck a post to derail and say it's ok to defend (ATTACK THE ATTACKER);)
    • Like Like x 4
  9. DeathHamster Member

For the love of "BOB", please point out that saying "No we're not!" and "LOOK AT THOSE AWFUL PEOPLE, LET US SHOW YOU THEIR CRIMES!" isn't refuting. To refute something, you have to disprove it or at least offer a rational counter-argument. CoS doesn't address any of the criticism, but only offers distraction and ad hominem logical fallacies.

Refute is badly used by lazy writers.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. rof Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. the anti Member

sadly they have much of the people on sodahead fooled. and they not only pull out their socks but other people that have been befriended to help out. strangely enough, I've had someone else tell me angel has asked for help from others but would give any back up in return when the moment arrives.

I would, but Sharon blocked me awhile ago. I have no idea why.
  12. anoninoob Member

So much fun!! The more the $ci's apply $cientology, the more they reinforce the criticism of their detractors, the more they confirm the complaints. The sad thing is, they can't see it, they are literally programmed not to see it. Their 1950's, antiquated, outdated, systemic tactics are equivalent to Polish cavalry lancers horse mounted troops charging against German Panzer Divisions in WWII. Their behavior is codified as dogma and they have no alternative. Their tactics worked so long as the enemy didn't know their tactics. As they are unable to evolve their tactics, counter tactics will defeat them more and more easily the longer they bullheadedly charge forward with what they believe works.

The mindless automatons suicidally march into the sea, they have no choice, they have been programmed that way.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DeathHamster Member

14. anoninoob Member

substitute "polish cavalry" with "France maginot line" expecting trench warfare to be every war and getting outflanked by blitzkrieg. Analogy...
  15. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr. Magoo Member

It seems like this is true; there are a bunch of "free speech/this is America/they are allowed to defend themselves" posts. There is also one real tool who is posting a bunch, and keeps saying he/she is an atheist and not a scientologist whatsoever, but their posts make it obvious that they are a cult kool-aid drinker.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. GibbousWaxing Member

Anybody with a Mechanical Turk account want to keep an eye out for possible troll recruiting offers?
  18. Intelligence Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/sci...eat-from-hbo-prison-of-belief?cid=db_articles

March 26, 2015 - Cult Examiner:

Scientology’s Tom Cruise feeling the heat from HBO Prison of Belief

EXCERPTS:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Intelligence Member

Three of us, two in the USA and Me up in the frozen tundra of Canada, are all hyped and ready for tomorrow evening. I - ROFLMAO at one in the USA who said, "Hurry up, David, we've already missed 15 minutes of Going Clear' trying to tweek this 3-way, Skype conference call so you and me can watch the HBO show!!!" I said, "OMG, you must be near my age with the "Mental-Pause" setting in, this is Saturday, not Sunday - LOL " ----- So, we're all set up now to watch 'Going Clear' on HBO using a three-way Skype call with one Laptop camera facing the TV Screen .... so excited I went out in freezing cold to buy Popcorn and butter just now.:p

wils1e.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  20. DeathHamster Member

If there isn't a torrent within hours of the broadcast, I'd be shocked.
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Kilia Member

I don't have TV anymore, so I won't be able to see it.
    Maybe they will have it on the internet after the initial showing.
    I hope so....
    • Like Like x 1
  22. jensting Member

HBO Go, if you're in the right region and have the right flavour of equipment...
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Intelligence Member

Was in severe anxiety-panic mode for 2 hours when my Hard-Wire internet connection was down!!! Now back up with Wi-Fi wireless. --- Examiner story now up:

http://www.examiner.com/article/hbo...ecret-veil-tonight-a-must-see?cid=db_articles

HBO’s Going Clear film shreds Scientology’s secret veil tonight, a must see

EXCERPT:

Tony Ortega, editor-in-chief of The Village Voice from 2007 to 2012, now hosts ‘The Underground Bunker’ with a blog title this morning, “The crowd’s all here: What does the airing of the Scientology doc ‘Going Clear’ mean to you?”

The film questions how celebrity, Tom Cruise turned a blind eye to the ongoing abuses, hardships, and the disconnection policy that tore families apart, never allowed to see or speak to each other. “The film goes on to explore the close friendship between Miscavige and Cruise, and it questions whether Cruise is aware of church abuses. The filmmaker essentially calls upon Cruise to renounce Scientology.”
    • Like Like x 6
  24. Intelligence Member

http://narcononcanada.com/2015/03/2...ntology-ias-members-to-watch-hbo-going-clear/

David E Love’s letter to Scientology IAS members to watch HBO ‘Going Clear’

Posted on March 29, 2015
    EXCERPT:

March 29, 2015: "L. Ron Hubbard wrote: “A man is as alive as he can communicate.” And communication is a facet of life which he explored very deeply indeed, ultimately writing hundreds of thousands of words on this vital subject. Communication skills are essential in any sphere of human interaction. In fact, when all is said and done, on whatever level, communication is the sole activity all people share." -- "There is no need to live in fear anymore, you have intrinsic human rights and freedoms to walk out the Org door and never look back – being free to start a new life, new friends, and not be subject to or suppressed by David Miscavige."

(Email sent to many hundreds of IAS members and replies are beginning to come in)
    • Like Like x 10
  25. anon8109 Member

if it helps even one person escape it was worth it.
    • Like Like x 8
  26. Intelligence Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/goi...-travolta-as-scum-and-cowards?cid=db_articles

Going Clear film, commenters slam Tom Cruise and Travolta as scum and cowards

EXCERPT:

March 30, 2015: Cult Examiner, David Love:

"Without a doubt, HBO’s ‘Going Clear’ is giving Scientology and leader, David Miscavige, unprecedented, negative media PR nightmares, and also nightmares for some who view the film." -- “I knew #Scientology was a horrible cult, but @HBO's #GoingClear still shocked. Travolta & especially @TomCruise are complicit cowards. 8:30 PM - 29 Mar 2015 -- The Boarding House @SalvatoreBH - Watching Going Clear and thinking Nicole Kidman went through shit none of us can imagine. Tom Cruise is scum. 7:33 AM - 30 Mar 2015”
    • Like Like x 10
  27. BlackRob Member

Seems like they are not finished. Scientology posted up this video yesterday. They are mad because HBO didn't reply to all them letters.

• Like Like x 9
  28. RightOn Member

why wouldn't they do anything less?
    This makes them look SO bad.
    I LOVE it!
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  31. mojo Member

good grief. these are embarrassing as hell. if they're real, they'll make great exhibits in any lawsuits. sad, sad, sad. scientology really does make you crazy!
  32. Dot Member

I would NOT want to be on the jury having to sit through someone reading those letters.