Customize

Scientology ready to sue HBO for Copyright Infringement!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by BlackRob, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Intelligence Member

Ya', a Poodle that's saluted or gets slapped ...
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DeathHamster Member

I still think that there's pretty good odds that after all the sound, fury and slander, no lawsuit happens.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. jensting Member

Nice try, but, really, no-one believes that Captain David "he is NOT insane!" Miscavige will open himself up to being put through another deposition.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. RightOn Member

I think HBO did their homework too.
    Intellectual property and all that good shit.
    I was discussing the lawsuits with someone and they think that the COS doesn't have a good fight on their hands with the majority if not all of the cases.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. anon4eva Member

I agree
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Intelligence Member

After setting up a system for me being able to watch the HBO film at end of March, if the COS
    gets a 'preliminary injuction' to stop it, me is going to be a very unhappy camper.

The internetz is full of case precedents in reference to this, and appears in this LINK on page
    16-17:

https://www.eff.org/files/2014/03/26/12-57302_supp_brief_garcia.pdf

I don't know if this ^^^ reflects the HBO scenario or not??? Just saying ... :rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BlackRob Member

Fair use in documentaries:
    http://www.cmsimpact.org/fair-use/r...examples-successful-fair-use-documentary-film
    • Like Like x 10
  8. Hugh Bris Member

That involved a woman who was lied to about the film she was performing in. She was told she was acting in one movie, the director put her scenes in another movie, and opened her up, unfairly, to an internet hate campaign. The judge granted a preliminary injunction on the basis that she would win her case.

I don't see how that incident relates to this film.
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dot Member

Karin Pouw reminds me of Borderline Personality Disorder.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Quentinanon Member

12. Malory Member

Am I the only one who is really missing Tommy Davis right now? Tommy trying to deal with all this would have been priceless.
    • Like Like x 10
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

As far as I know, he was last seen here:
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Malory Member

Yeah I saw that and had a hearty laugh at the awful clothes he was wearing
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Intelligence Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Scientology-boss-Tommy-Davis-Los-Angeles.html

This ^^^ '...Former Scientology Boss Tommy Davis ...' -- Wow.:rolleyes:

Me haz an 'MU' here ... was Davis a Sea Org member or as it says on Wki: 'Davis previously worked for the Sea Org as a non-uniformed member.' < What is a 'non-uniformed' member?

Cause if he was a Sea Orger under a billion year, how can he just walk away from his short buddy?

16. RightOn Member

Tommy was a "privileged" Sea Org member due to his rich Mom actress, Anne Archer. He has a sea org tat on his arm. He had his own living quarters and nice clothing.
    I did hear that he did pay his dues at times, but mostly did not live like the other others, now was he treated like them.
    Correct me if I am wrong.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Kilia Member

I loved that scene with Winkler! Think I'll d/l to my desktop. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BlackRob Member

• Like Like x 6
  19. Ironic, that 'SPs are rats in the wainscoting' comment from the Homo Novis above.

The irony comes from the smear put out by the church of scientology, in which they compared a reference to ants in The Hole in Gibney's film to a Nazi propaganda film that showed a rat infestation when referring to the Jews.

Who are the Nazis here, scientologists?
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Intelligence Member

21. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. Intelligence Member

23. Quentinanon Member

I think a suitable term for them is "Scienazis".
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Intelligence Member

2i6fdxe.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/57138432#57138432

Perhaps it depends on the Browser being used because some on ESMB are saying plays fine for them 100% ???

MARCH 19, 2015: (ESMB)

MARCH 19, 2015: (ESMB)

25. Anon1942 Member

I think Conazismalfia would be apt for their actions.
  26. DeathHamster Member

They're crowing about a "hate campaign that no one has heard about" that they've all heard about.
    • Like Like x 6
  27. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 5
  28. Ironic.

And bathetic. (That's sinking, like scientology itself).
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Dot Member

I do like that particular wainscoting pattern. It matches the skull and crossbones door mat nicely.
  30. Dot Member

31. Intelligence Member

HERE IS THE NBC NEWS INTERVIEW NOW ON YOUTUBE

• Like Like x 5
  32. Maybe, just maybe all this "i can't have friends" is life catching up with you, Marty./ Also, why so fake tears, Marty? learn2cry
    rathbunlies
    This message by rathbunlies has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  33. Don't try to insult Marty. He is as real as it gets!
  34. randum
    This message by randum has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
  35. White Tara Global Moderator

Bwahahaha running scared huh. :D
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Dot Member

The Marty ex-sci did well on the Today Show this morning. http://www.today.com/video/today/57144679

The part most telling when the anchor offers Scientology's point of view to balance the interview. Summary (not exact words):
    Marty: When I left, they used all of my past confessions to attach me.
    Scientology: He's an admitted liar.

Jeez, this seems as if during the course of trying to become his personal best, he confessed to fibbing at one point, and now they are using that against him by calling him an admitted liar.

He gave them enough rope, and they promptly used it to hang themselves.
    • Like Like x 5
  37. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 3
  38. randum
    This message by randum has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
  39. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 3