Customize

Scientology ready to sue HBO for Copyright Infringement!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by BlackRob, Mar 16, 2015.

1. RightOn Member

Young Tatum said it best when referring to "scruples"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Random guy Member

My reaction too! Those letters are so creepy!
  3. BigBeard Member

Okay, fess up, all these letters are actually some kind of weird troll, right?

Right?

BigBeard
  4. BlackRob Member

I find it amazing that the church has a top notch surveillance. They even catch you what you scratch your balls:

C1vwdGh.png
    4DvllyW.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Irishgal55 Member

Thanks, I could not even force myself to type that name!
  6. BlackRob Member

If that's not a crazy cult, what is?
    • Like Like x 5
  7. TrevAnon Member

OMG! :)

Posting in epic thread.

I am laughing so hard. :p

Thanks a lot for this one!
    • Like Like x 4
  8. BlackRob Member

One more thing:

The letters that are posted are indeed real (except for the 2 "funny" ones).

The most funny thing about the letters / attacks is that they NEVER talk about what the ex-parishioners have to say. It's all character assassination:

- Oh, he's a wife beater, so you can't trust him!
    - This dude scratches his balls, you can't trust him!
    - This lady slept with this guy, so you can't trust her!

And so on and so on

They don't talk about the content of the movie. You know what else is funny? They didn't see the documentary when they put up all those allegations. They we're attacking everybody willy-nilly, even people that don't have anything to do with the movie.

There is still some time left. The letters are getting harsher and harsher. I think Tom Cruise / John Travolta are going to use their "power" (or what is left of it) within Hollywood to try to stop the movie (Just like Tom tried in South Park). I'm sure something is going to happen days before the documentary will be released. They don't want this shit to air, and they are getting desperate.

Comparing the Marvin Gaye estate vs Pharell copyright case with a documentary that has the right to use footage (fair use)?
    Desperation.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: Tom, don't scratch your balls in public, will you? It's out Ethics and it's bad promo for big Pharma. Thank you.Next time, use this:

V5hTwYo.jpg
    FGMjgE5.jpg
    ACnZ7Ii.png

You can use it afterwards to mix your coffee.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  9. RightOn Member

The only reason why they brought up Marvin Gaye, (again) is because he was/is the fearless leader of Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 6
  10. the anti Member

oh my god, scientologist complaining about someone allegedly beating people up. now how many instances are there of scientologists beating up protesters? we already know there are a lot of videos on youtube of that.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. BlackRob Member

Believe me, that will change in a few days:

6uKcpPQ.png

JdjKJCv.png
    • Like Like x 4
  12. I'd be careful with such a tool ... at least make sure first it's not moving.
  13. TrevAnon Member

I posted on Rinder's blog about this thread and he had an interesting response.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-portland-truthful-numbers/#comment-81752 and then below
    • Like Like x 8
  14. Reading all these scientology nastygrams, you might be forgiven for forgetting, if just for a moment, that this is all coming from an organisation that has been convicted of a whole string of crimes.

Did anyone from within scientology blow the whistle to the authorities about Operation Snow White, or Operation Freakout? Why ever not?

Could it be that Ms Pouw is unaware that there exists a Big List of around 2500 ex-scientologists to corroborate the practices outlined in the documentary and the Lawrence Wright book?

Or, could it be just so much ineffectual baww from the most discredited bunch of crooks on the planet?
    • Like Like x 10
  15. A.O.T.F Member

16. DeathHamster Member

Well, they can hardly TP the place, can they?
    • Like Like x 2
  17. DeathHamster Member

The letter from Joseph Shapiro, MD, FECAAL, FAAAAKE is amusing. No one ever gets angry during an asthma attack? Really?

• Like Like x 4
  18. BigBeard Member

Okay folks, 'Streisand Effect' just doesn't even come close to describing what Miscavige & Co. are doing now. We need a new meme for 'Streisand Effect' raised to the umpteenth power to cover this. Any ideas?? BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Anonymous Member

Scientology Pouw Effect?
    • Like Like x 2
  20. DOC Boucher Member

Wow the cherch, i really getting desperate. The Petty Little Bitch is probably beating his poor "parishoners" in The Hole to vent his anger.
    splogo.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Quentinanon Member

Well, so far Karin Pouw's "tone 40 intention" has come to naught.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Hugh Bris Member

(Streisand) Pouw Powered Publicity
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Ogsonofgroo Member

The Pouw-derp-poof Effect? *shrugz*

:p
    • Like Like x 2
  24. anon8109 Member

footbulletness
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Dot Member

Reduce anger with an asthma attack.
  26. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The letters about Davey as a lad are from UK, nothing recent about what a Sunny Jim he is?
  27. Anonymous Member

The Gibney Effect.jpg

?

• Like Like x 12
  28. FloGold Moderator

I wanna take all your faux letter and read them to someone ala lounge music style.
    i can just picture myself channelinng the great will shatner while doing so. XD
    • Like Like x 8
  29. Malory Member

Couple of guys on Twitch.tv spent some time last night reading the letters out to their viewers because of the comedy value. Shit's going viral.
    • Like Like x 17
  30. Kilia Member

.....and the insanity continues....
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Kilia Member

Oh shit and shinola! Scientology always accuses others of doing what they do themselves!

~*seriously*~
    • Like Like x 6
  32. RightOn Member

Jumped the Shark Effect?

edited:
    for those of you over seas and not up on US sayings, or forgot what it means:

"The term jumping the shark alludes to a specific scene in a 1977 episode of the TV series Happy Days when the popular character Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli literally jumps over a shark while water skiing. The scene was so preposterous that many believed it to be an ill-conceived attempt at reviving the declining ratings of the flagging show. The phrase has become a colloquialism used by U.S. TV critics and fans to denote the point at which the characters or plot of a TV series veer into a ridiculous, out-of-the-ordinary storyline"

Scientology has definitely "jumped the shark" with this latest barrage of letters and smear jobs
    here is the famous AND BORING jumped the shark episode:

Someone please do a screen grab of the Fonz on skies and shoop in DM's head? LOL:p
    No dis to Henry Winkler intended of course, well, unless he wrote that episode.;)
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Random guy Member

Even more preposterous, he was water-skiing with his leather jacket on.
  34. RightOn Member

lol!!
  35. BlackRob Member

Do you have a link? Would be hilarious to see :)
  36. 00anon00 Member

IMHO Scientologis letter are funny enough for the go here if u are sad thread
  37. Malory Member

Sorry, it was a live stream thing. Twitch is a place where people stream themselves playing video games. It just tickled me to hear that ripping on Scientology seems to be happening in the unlikeliest of places.

I asked the person reporting back if the letters were being read on here, but it seems they've been posted on some comedy site.
  38. Quentinanon Member

That's how they operate. They have done that at least since the late 1950's.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. BigBeard Member

Since Karin Pouw is all over these over the top and vitrolic ad hominem attacks and legal threats, how about:

"KaPowing" - the act of conducting over the top and vitrolic ad hominem attacks and legal threats in an attempt to keep a truthful report, film, book, etc., from being made, released once made, and given credibility once released.
    E.g., Karin Pouw is KaPowing HBO, Gibney, etc., with the series of letters posted above.

"KaPowed" - being on the receiving end of a "KaPowing" and shrugging it off for what it is. E.g., HBO, Gibney, etc., etc., are being KaPowed by Karin Pouw.

"KAPOW!" - what Karin Pouw will experience at Miscavige's hands if she can't pull this off.

The "Streisand Effect" can be left to routine efforts at trying to stuff the genie back in the bottle once the cork has been pulled.

What da ya think?

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  40. RightOn Member

only prob is that everything comes from and is approved by Poodle
    • Like Like x 1