Customize

Scientology posters & protest etiquette

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Here are 2 images. Hope they are of some use. More may follow.

I saw a couple of Anonymous protests online in London. A kid was told that he was not allowed to display the phrase 'scientology is a cult'. He refused to remove it, the sign got confiscated and he was given a day in court.

I'm new to all this, but why aren't protestors smarter with words and expressions. For example, couldn't they write 'Scientology is an alleged cult' (with 'alleged' in a tiny font), or quote someone calling it a cult. Or write what a recent Observer journalist wrote: 'David Miscavige is a cult leader,' which has a different and more ambiguous connotation (and is probably not as litigious). A smarter use of terms will say the same thing without inviting legal intervention and confiscation of signs.

poster 1:
    hA6XQ.jpg

poster 2:
    PsC0V.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

SCIENTOLOGY IS A CULT sign is legal, UK kid won the case 3 years ago. (epic nose guy?)
  3. Anonymous Member

Ah yes, I'm behind the times. Need to catch up. Thanks
  4. DeathHamster Member

Also, EpicNoseGuy was quoting (or at least paraphrasing) a judge in a legal case.
    http://cosmedia.freewinds.be/latey.html

I like the signs, but they should use lettering that can be read at a distance. They'd make good hand-outs.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ZeroC Member

I like the "Big Brother Is Auditing You".

Very nice.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

Next poster / hand-out coming soon! Where else might be a good place to distribute them?
  7. Anonymous Member

After online? I'd say at raids/protests. If you're rich, buy advertising space in newspapers & magazines.