Customize

Scientology 'minister' Fowler to stand trial for 1st Degree Murder, No Bail

Discussion in 'Media' started by PodPeople, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Scientology 'minister' Fowler to stand trial for 1st Degree Murder, No Bail

What if Ciancio had come across evidence of money laundering involving GRex and Scn???
    Or, what if he was about to???
  2. Anonymous Member

Ciancio and others had caught Fowler in embezzling money from the company and, apparently, giving it to the Church of Scientology. Isn't that more than enough for you?
  3. Anonymous Member

.... and since "money laundering" has a very specific definition, as an effort to make money from illegal activities appear legitimate - what illegal enterprise do you suppose Fowler as "laundering" money from?

I think it's as simple as Fowler being pressured to give more and more to Scientology, to the point where he stole money from his own company to do it, and was caught, and was resentful about the "wog" who helped get him caught. That simple.
  4. Anonymous Member

Re: Fowler charged 1st Degree Murder, No Bail

Is the diminshed capacity defense even available in Colorado?

California abolished it shortly after the Dan White verdict. BTW, the so-called "twinkie defense" is bullshit spead by sloppy news reporting. The doctors never claimed White's acts were caused by eating junk food; they cited his junk food consumption as one indicator of his mental illness because he had previously been very health conscious.

Wikipedia: Twinkie defense
  5. muldrake Member

Re: Fowler charged 1st Degree Murder, No Bail

Where courts (and prosecutors) have really gotten into trouble is when they actually do assign percentage numbers to the standard, like 90% sure. For one, there isn't a numerical standard and second, even if there were it would be meaningless. How do you know when you're "90% sure" about something? Perhaps I know that if I have a certain number of cards in a poker deck that give me a winning hand and one card to come, I can be sure to a mathematical certainty what my odds actually are, but 90% sure someone is guilty of murder? It's not useful.

Courts get reversed for that kind of jury instruction almost invariably whenever they try something like that.

There really should be more education in school about these kinds of legal issues that normal people are likely actually to experience at some point in their lives, because most attempts to explain them during legal proceedings are either useless or even destructive.
  6. new guy Member

7. PodPeople Member

8. Goosh Goosh Member

does colorado have the death penalty?
  9. Anonymous Member

"According to the arrest affidavit, police said Ciancio's brother gave investigators four binders of Scientology materials that Fowler had given to Ciancio, asking him to study the religion."

heh
  10. new guy Member

Fucking news feed/me not looking at the date.
  11. Anonymous Member

Yes they do but have not executed anybody since 1976.
  12. Legion Member

np anon we all make mistakes

yep, they do!
  13. PodPeople Member

And just narrowly got taken off the list for Colorado recently, but another pass thru will come. Not likely he'd be a candidate anyway. That's good by me.
    More time to ponder the wonderful world of Otee powah.
  14. Anonymous Member

not true, Gary Davis was executed in October 1997
  15. Anonymous Member

Thanks.
  16. Legion Member

17. Rockyj Member

Hey Pod you stalking me or me stalking you, lol! ;-)
  18. Anonymous Member

aggravating factors?
  19. Anonymous Member

Wasn't he involved with Crimanon?

If he goes to prison, there should be something in his sentence that specifically says he isn't allowed to do his cult voodoo there.
  20. OTBT Member

No evidence so far that Rex was directly involved with Criminon, but his wife was -or- is.

Colorado Anonymous • View topic - REX FOWLER CHARGED WITH MURDER

21. Vir Member

It's legal-speak for something which makes a crime worse in the eyes of the law. Here we're specifically referring to something about the 1st degree murder - or a few other extremely serious crimes (treason, kidnapping resulting in death, etc.) - which makes death penalty an option in Colorado. For example, if the murder was committed for treasonous reasons, if it involved torture or rape, etc. Fowler might get the death penalty for several of these reasons:
    - It was a "hate crime" because Ciancio's resistance to Scientology was part of the motivation.
    - Financial gain is involved.
    - Fowler might be said to be "lying in wait".
    - Fowler's possession of the gun might be felonious.
    - Third persons might have been put in danger - bullets were flying out of the room.

This is part of Colorado's criminal law, and will be something that will become an issue in the sentencing phase of the trial. It will also be something which the lawyers will be mindful of from the beginning, because while there is an outside chance of Fowler going free on some fuckup, stupid jury or jury tampering, the realistic option here is to work to reduce his sentence as much as possible. (By blaming Scientology, maybe.)
  22. AIN Member

The death penalty for colorado, the person must meet one of these 17 aggravating factors to be considered for the death penalty.
    1. Hate crime in this case refers to killing that person because of that reason, like a lynching is a death penalty because teh aggravating factor was the person's race.
    2.Finicial gain in this case refers to hiring a hit man.
    3.he was
    4.What it means is a felon owning and using a firearm, using a banned weapon (Sawed off shotgun, switchblade, etc), or illegal use of a CCW. It was mainly written to get people using assualt weapons
    5. This refers to use of a bomb, spraying an entire room with bullets, shooting inside of a bus, killing an airplane pilot, etc.
    In short, the more aggravators there are, the more likely someone will get the death penalty.
  23. Anonymous Member

Also bold 2, 4 , 15 and 17
  24. Re: Scientology 'minister' Fowler to stand trial for 1st Degree Murder, No Bail

His Lawyer should know that if he could prove brainwashing he might get leniency on the death penalty.
  25. Goosh Goosh Member

which would make him an SP in the eyes of the cult, and likely in the eyes of fowler as well

lulz guaranteed
  26. Anonymous Member

I would like to see a pic of what Fowler looks like now, and not the smiling tard that always appears in news stories.
  27. Anonymous Member

I wanna know if he can whistle through his newfangled blowhole.
  28. Anonymous Member

i hope they strap this fucker down and stick a needle in his arm
  29. Goosh Goosh Member

it's the hole bubba is fucking
  30. Anonymous Member

"religion" is also part of that paragraph, so since it's already been established that Scientology was part of the dispute between the two men, that factor is in play; relevant precedence would obviously need to be cited as well..
  31. Smurf Member

Doubtful. Colorado has two inmates of death row & the last execution was 13 years ago. Fowler is entitled to endless appeals. He'll die an old fart in prison.

I suspect his attorneys will argue diminished capacity since Fowler did try to kill himself and he'll be convicted of 2nd degree murder or less. He'll still die an old fart n prison.

I also suspect his wife Janet will divorce the scumbag to appease the cult, if she hasn't done so already.
  32. BLiP Member

That makes you as bad as him.
  33. Re: Scientology 'minister' Fowler to stand trial for 1st Degree Murder, No Bail

His OT superpowers are very effective with a gun in his hand.

This would be such a flap if other Scientologists would find out about this.
  34. AnonLover Member

bump for upcoming arraignment mention that was mentioned on ESMB
    2days away
  35. PodPeople Member

Tks for update. Past news reports mentioned May 19 trial.
    So arraignment means he will just make his guilty or not guilty plea?
  36. xenubarb Member

Needs moar fins

165a.jpg
  37. Re: Scientology 'minister' Fowler to stand trial for 1st Degree Murder, No Bail

fowlerpop.jpg
  38. Anonymous Member

Not even close.

Arguing for capital punishment following a fair trial is not the moral equivalent of criminal murder.

You can make an honest argument against capital punishment, but you're departed from reality when you try to draw moral equivalency.
  39. xenubarb Member

Um...wat?

He deliberately murdered a man on his son's 7th birthday. I say hang the bitch by the neck until goo spurts out his new head vagina.
  40. RightOn Member

aww come on Barb, don't beat around the bush... tell them how you really feel! lol!