Customize

Scientology Kills - Ray Randolph - Marty's Blog

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Scientology Kills - Ray Randolph - Marty's Blog

scnkills.jpg?w=462&h=56.jpg

[SIZE="5"]Warning: May be shocking for some, but it is one major reason we are here
    Posted on October 21, 2010 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]MOAR[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Warning: May be shocking for some, but it is one major reason we are here | Moving On Up a Little Higher
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Re: Scientology Kills - Ray Randolph - Marty's Blog

Quoting from the end of that article:

3. Anonymous Member

^^ yeah saw that.
    sounds like he is clueless about the harm of the tech/brainwashing courses
  4. an0nim0uz Member

A lot of ass-kissing by good ol' Ray Randolph. Bummer.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

mrinder | October 21, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Reply

Ray — Thank you for posting this. I know you have tried many times to reach out to me and I have never felt the inclination to respond as I had always thought your only intention was the destruction of the subject. Now I read your post and I believe what you have said. Much appreciated.

Of course. This might have to do with the fact that the "subject" teaches that whoever criticize the "subject" is a criminal whose only motivation is to prevent others from improving.

Mike Rinder should go further and wonder why he was wrong re. Ray Randolph, and also wonder who else is he wrong about.
  6. Anonymous Member

in before obligatory picture of grinning Rathbum with his arm around the guy
  7. RightOn Member

by the title I thought it meant Scientology killed Ray Randolph.
  8. BlackPR Member

Seriously? I spent years protesting, organizing pickets, poking and prodding wherever I could get away with it. I always *said* that I didn't object to the beliefs (as did many, many other critics).... Because honestly, I don't care if you worship the giant, chrome space wombat. It was the practices. It was always the practices. I meant it. If Marty can practice what he preaches, more power to him.

-Ray
  9. xenubarb Member

Bullshit! Joe Harrington (may he rest in peace) was Scamizdat. Just before he died, he admitted it, and his wife Bid confirms.

Who the fuck is THIS guy, takin props from this courageous man who, with little /b/ackup, posted dox anonymously?

I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny imposed upon the mind of man
  10. Re: Scientology Kills - Ray Randolph - Marty's Blog

Good for you.
  11. BlackPR Member

Clarification.... My confession of being Scamizdat, as I stated in my post was, "I am Spartacus"... During depo, the cult tried to pin me down to several posts, some of which I made, and many of which I did not - those are likely the Joe Harrington posts and others. Grady's defense tactic at the time was that Scamizdat was a "movement" not an individual. That there were many people involved in the movement, and it couldn't be pinned on Grady exclusively.

I never ever intended, in that post or anywhere else to imply anything other than that.
  12. xenubarb Member

Ahhh, got it. Okie dokey then. We cool.
  13. an0nim0uz Member

I know, Mr. Randolph. And that's why I am especially disappointed by you not being able to see through Marty's bullshit.

Go ahead, though. It's going to be interesting, at the very least.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

If you're going to do this you might as well do it right and closely parody the CCHR "Psychiatry: An Industry of Death" stuff.
  15. xenubarb Member

Marty is already engaged in censoring the comments to avoid prickly issues. Of course, as the owner of the blog that is his prerogative. That doesn't make it right. The newly exited have been fed misinformation from organized Scientology. A lot of the critical material that should be available to Marty's little congregation. Now that they're out, they will need real world perspective, something Marty seems to be withholding from them.

Also, Marty has a lot to answer for that he's not talking about.
  16. an0nim0uz Member

Trufax.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

A parody of the "Industry of Death" thing you say! Here is an oldie:
  18. Anonymous Member

19. BlackPR Member

I am nothing, if not open minded. You have to keep in mind I really have been out of the loop for a very long time. What I told Marty, though, I meant... if he strays one inch, I will be there to protest him. But at face value, I have no problem as of yet.

I really have no intention to get deeply involved in this thing again. My whole motivation when I re-discovered this stuff was to contact Rinder, who was living in Denver (where I am) and the SPTimes had just done the big story about Lubow. I still have a soft spot in my heart for Lubow and reached out to Rinder with more of a focus on Lubow than Mike.

There were two personalities I was really focused on when I got "shuddered into silence"... Marty Rathbun and Norton S. Karno.
  20. Re: Scientology Kills - Ray Randolph - Marty's Blog

I can co-exist with the Freezone so long as they don't get in any way abusive. Still I don't want to be any type of Scientologist, they're all irrational.
  21. xenubarb Member

Oh, besides the censorship, Marty is also offering "evidence" that would not stand up to anonymous' strict definition of what constitutes a document.

Dox can be researched. They have provenance, a letterhead, headers. Anyone could type up what Marty offers, and it's not like he's unfamiliar with the tactic of forging "evidence."

Acceptable truth...
  22. BlackPR Member

Barb,

Not sure if this was directed at me or not. I can't speak to the quality of his evidence. That's not my focus. If a bunch of ex's want to try to form a scientology that is filled with peace, love, hippies, puppies and flowers... I'm cool with that, and it deserves support. If support is just writing a couple of pages of text, wishing them the best in their endeavor. Then yay! If he brings down DM along the way, well... that can't be bad.
  23. xenubarb Member

No, not directed at you. Nobody can speak to the quality of what he is claiming to be internal reports on Tom Cruise. If he is using false documents upon which to found his little hugbox, then the whole thing is built on lies and will not stand.

As organized Scientology is beginning to learn, lies can come back years later to bite you in the ass!
  24. Triumph Member

3267871232_f43082d63f.jpg
    What Goes Around Comes Around

Fortunately the ass dosen't bite back
    w129104771.png
  25. Anonymous Member

Yeah, that's unfortunate because Michael Ray Randolph has changed his colors. When he was posting on ARS a decade ago, he was bellowing from the rooftops that Scientology had to be destroyed and the top execs were Evil Incarnate.

Now, he's kissing their butts for some personal recognition. Sad.

http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/legal_letter.html

Scientology library: “Michael Ray Randolph”

ACLU/EFF Agree to support scientology-kills.net

Scientology Launches New Censorship Attack on Internet
  26. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I'm pretty sure that Rathbun is a FORMER top exec. You might want to check on that.
  27. Anonymous Member

^^^^
  28. BlackPR Member

I guess I'm guilty as charged. I did say those things. Still think it. Perhaps age and time have moderated my stand of Scientology vs. Scientology Inc. I really never fscking cared about Scn, I cared about Kobrin and Moxon and Lubow and Rinder, Karno and DM, etc. Oh.. and at the time? I loved the drama of it all. Best. Motivation. Ever.

Grading my own writing on Marty's Blog, I would give myself a "C-" on the ass-kissing front, though. Given the motivation of being a SERIOUS ass-kisser, I could've done much, much better.

I had, as I said in my post, approached Marty to write a post. He agreed. I didn't do it. I sat on it. Probably 4 or 5 months after the initial offer Marty asked me what happened to my idea. I told him, "well... I'm Lazy... and really, I'm not sure I want to put my name back out there, again." This week, Marty mentioned it again. And I decided to go for it. Clearly, I was begging for the attention. It's just the aforementioned laziness that took me so long.

Why is it hard to believe that I just wrote a post, saying what I mean and meaning what I say? Why is there a need to attribute to me certain wildy-speculative motivations? Guesses on what I'm *really* doing? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
  29. Django Member

FWIW:

Does he mean it? I dunno. When Corporate Scientology goes down, I guess we'll find out.

Yeah, he censors otherwise reasonable comments on the blog, particularly if they're anti-"tech" or anti-Hubtard. I don't like that. But the above seems sincere to me, and there's no sign (so far) of Marty implementing any of the more execrable practices of the cult, and I'll (cautiously) give him the benefit of the doubt (for now).

But as Mr. Randolph states: If he backs off one inch....
  30. Anonymous Member

You might learn how to read...

Quote: "When he was posting on ARS a decade ago...."
  31. BlackPR Member

I was actually *just* out on my roof... Bellowing that the top Scientology execs are evil incarnate.

See? Things haven't changed THAT much.
  32. greebly Member

Chrome wombats and Muffins?

Shoops?
  33. Smurf Member

You need to come to LA & re-enact that so we can throw poppy seed muffins at you. LULZ.
  34. BlackPR Member

Poppy-seed Muffins are just a fancy way to say caek. And it was a lie!

cereselle-cake1.jpg
  35. greebly Member

Yeah I'm pretty jealous now of all these free muffins!

Coming upto 3 years of protesting and no muffins?

Someone sells a random domain and is allegedly promised muffins just for that?

Whoever can make good muffins please PM me now and I will provide you with finanical dox(oh wait may have already done that) and perhaps ilikemuffins.tv or any other variation or differing nic extension.
  36. Anonymous Member

I'm sure you got Mormons in the city you live.

[IMG]
  37. Anonymous Member

I don't know, after spending a lot of time here, it's easy to get the impression that anonymous' standard of dox is anything that supports an existing negative view of scientology. Plenty of smart, critical people here. All you have to do is watch the community pick apart at anything that conflicts with that existing negative view of scientology to recognize that. Too bad that those intelligent people aren't more consistent...
  38. Caliwog Member

Ray - I just posted a reply to your Marty-blog post on my own blog, called An Open Letter to Ray Randolph.

Then I came over here, saw that you were actively posting, and realized I could have reached you a lot more easily had I checked here first. Duh!

Anyway, please read and if you want to rebut (rebutt?), I'll post it. For the record, I used to think Marty was a good guy, too... but he isn't.

ML,
    Caliwog
    caliwog.wordpress.com
  39. BusinessBecky Member

I don't think we will ever truly get to the bottom of what Marty is all about. My own internal instincts antenna is twitching a damage control element about Marty. Not sure if its the Church wishing he would go away or if they are using him as way to keep the well meaning like blackpr from being actively against the either the cult or its philosophy. It all just seems a little crooked and an unhealthy situation for Scientologists wanting to leave. I know if I were someone that had a lot to answer for that I would have been expected to practice a lot of humility tech. And not spoon feed it either. I really want to think that no one falling into Marty's trap is not hopeless.

You have to realize that all the cogs that make up the Scientology framework only work together and without the others one cog by itself is meaningless. You cannot have Scientology without the abuse it promotes. A truly fruitless endeavor is picking fruit off a dead cherry tree. Looking for the cherries on the Scientology tree is only going to do more harm than good.
  40. Anonymous Member

I agree with most of Mr. Randolph's blog post. As long as Marty Rathbun and the independents are basically another form of freezone I don't really care no matter how much of a loyalist flavor his brand of freezone scientology has. It's mainly the actions of organized CoS that I have an issue with and with some of them Marty Rathbun has an issue too and so I support him in these areas.
    But I would also like to point out this: If David Miscavige was gone for one reason or another I doubt that Marty Rathbun or Mike Rinder could refrain from going back in there and 'rebuilding Scientology'. And if they did, sooner or later, it would be more of the same CoS behaviour the world has seen for decades, including a nice PR facade. The problem is the structure, not the people implementing it or some deviation from the tech. If it wouldn't be David Miscavige doing it, somebody else would - that's the point. Possession of the ring will always tempt you to turn to the dark side and to become a dark lord.
    However, it's good that this blog post appeared on his blog, because it can further a dialogue between different opponents of CoS and also show perspectives for a democratic form of Scientology which allows for discussion and dissent. This would be a very different Scientology than that of L. Ron Hubbard, but that is an ideological problem for the independents, certainly not for me. If Scientology were to become an actual religion, it would turn into something else. I could live with that, but I'm very skeptical.