Customize

Scientology Fair Gamed the Easter Seal Society for Crippled Children

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by DeathHamster, Oct 26, 2008.

1. DeathHamster Member

Scientology Fair Gamed the Easter Seal Society for Crippled Children

Operation Bunny Bust January 9, 1980, Charles Stafford, Scientology: An in-depth profile of a new force in Clearwater, St. Petersburg Times

This is an old media article, but part of a huge Pulitzer Prize-winning set of stories about the Scilon invasion of Clearwater.

This one covers their Fair Game and Black Propaganda against the Easter Seal Society for Crippled Children of Pinellas County solely as part of Operation Bunny Bust "to get Bette Orsini removed from a position of power and attack at The St. Petersburg Times."

tl;dr, but there's lots of good stuff in there about spies, burglaries of government and lawyer officers, Ben Shaw.

Naturally the Scilons will respond with an operatic performance on how this was done by the rogue elements of the Guardian Office, [STRIKE]they've never done that[/STRIKE] they don't do that any more, and Davie Miscavige personally dispatched all of these evil-doers just like Batman.

Too bad that when the heat died down, he re-issued the Guardian Office orders as OSA Network Orders, and found jobs for all of the ex-GO spies and burglars. If they don't do it any more, they don't do it any less--except for the falling number of members available to do the dirty jobs.

P.S. in addendum to their story, the FBI raids also resulted in seven members in Canada being convicted of operations against organizations including the Ontario Provincial Police, the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and two convictions of criminal Breach of the Public Trust against the church itself, for infiltration of the offices of the Ontario Provincial Police and the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General.
  2. basil Member

Re: Scientology Fair Gamed the Easter Seal Society for Crippled Children

A society for disabled kids... way to go scientology, why not pick an easier target next time?
  3. indeedindeed Member

seems that more than half of the OSA Network Orders are censored somehow, e.g. here (####):
    OSA Network Order 32
  4. Anonynamefag Member

God damn... could $cientology possibly sink any lower?
  5. me57 Member

scientology is the lowest of lows
  6. A.Non Hubbard Member

In all fairness, those kids are just dramatizing an engram.
  7. DeathHamster Member

CoS sent legal thugs after the site and mirrors, so the actual orders were taken down. (Probably Fair Use, but it would have be expensive and risky to fight it back in the days when CoS wanted critic heads on pikes as Copyright Terrorists.)

There should be less edited copies floating around or in the leak packs. Apparently a number of them were posted to ARS in Sept 1997. I'll bet that something has happened to Google's archived copies, but luckily a lot of paranoid people have been keeping their own archives.
  8. Anonyymous77 Member

old info sure, but nonetheless informative. i mean really, cant the scilons leave ANYONE alone? thats just cruel to fair game an organization for crippled kids. *smacks miscavige across the face*
  9. DeathHamster Member

Heh. This is old old info. In 1976, Davie was still a Commodore's Messenger, learning his lessons at Hubbard knee.

The fatard himself was in Clearwater giving the orders and calling the shots, and wouldn't go into hiding for another 4 years.
  10. Thom Member

Sometimes you have to start with old info, thats what got me off my ass. Its also easier to find in places they cant regulate as well like used book shops. Old news also is there for people who want out if they can get at it.
    If they see something that they relate to like Magoo or Cooper its going back to a time they might not of been so brainwashed.
  11. moxie Member

I just read that a couple days ago. The pdf file has a great period-piece cover. Psychedelic (sp?)

The lesson in that award winning journalism is that Florida has really suffered from the most appalling crap from scientology... from a mayor getting set up and run out of office to the covert take over of Clearwater. And, yes, the fair gaming of a bona fide charity for disabled kids. Obviously they are capable of anything.

Scientologists are psychotic and paranoid, cunning and ruthless. They will bulldoze anything in their path to clearing the world for Davey and fascism. And replace it with the kind of world that does all those things they have always done. And more.

Clearwater is as close to Hubbard's Belgravia fantasy as they got. So far. Creepy town. They would like lots more just like it.
  12. Etain Member

Okay, that is just plain sick and dirty.

Even if it's an old article, it shows how little the COS has changed in the years since then. That is to say, NOT AT ALL.
  13. Thom Member

This is sadly closer to true than not. All of what you said. I have watched 2 generations of people from Fla. lose friends family and neighbors, all in Clearwater. It wasnt always creepy. Whats creeping me out is that those 2 generations are now losing thier kids to these criminals. The families moved away but that group found their children. It may look easy to victimise crippled kids, its sick and low. Think how hard it was for them to sink their claws into 20somethings that knew all about them. They did it. Theyre doing it. It doesnt stop in Fla., they find you. You know this. Can they sink lower? Yeh. Going after charities is a walk in the park compared to managing to brainwash an escapees adult kid.

Im not just talking one person. They got 2 more people while were raiding and thats just what I heard about this last 2 weeks. Im OT, I think. I'm finally not lurking but I dont know all the rules. It makes me wish some of the oldest guard were still alive, tho. I know at least 2 that would be doing wheelies in their chairs to see Anons in action.
  14. AlabamaAnon Member

Oh, you have got to be FUCKING KIDDING ME! Seriously Sci? Crippled kids? What's next? Holocaust survivors?
  15. skidmark Member

I remember that these allegations lasted well into the 90s - it's like even though it was proven fake, the doubts never faded away. The Easter Seal in question also helped the elderly and disabled community. I used to go with my grandfather as a little girl to his physical therapy sessions. I remember he was always staunchly protective of the Easter Seals and I never understood why. Now I do!
  16. DeathHamster Member

They're working on it.
    Scientology's "Holocaust" February 25, 1997, David Hudson, Salon
    U.S. tries to have it both ways in Scientology battle January 30, 1997, Jack R. Payton, St. Petersburg Times
  17. DeathHamster Member

And who would have predicted that Holocaust survivors would give Tom Cruise a medal? Wottaworld!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Brilliant story. Should be written up and emailed to every media contact you have.
  19. amaX Member

Bette Orsini was another fearless reporter who went after the cult of Scientology. Sadly, she passed away this year.

http://www.cremation-america.com/obituary.aspx?MemberId=87556&MName=Bette Orsini

In Loving Memory
    Bette S. Orsini
    12/2/1925 - 3/26/2011

Bette Swenson Orsini, 85, of St. Petersburg passed away peacefully in her home March 26, 2011. Born in St Petersburg, FL on December 2, 1925, she worked as an Investigative Reporter for the St Petersburg Times for 38 years. Bette was predeceased by her loving son Andrew “Punky” and her beloved husband Andrew A. Orsini. Survivors include her daughter Candi Orsini, her son William Orsini, and her two brothers, Bill Swenson (Flip) of Charlotte, NC and Ole Swenson (Sara) of Fernandina Beach, FL.

Funeral services will be 1 PM Monday, April 4, 2011 in the Goodwin Chapel of Pasadena Community Church, 227 70th Street South. The family will receive friends at the church from noon until service time.

Burial will follow in Royal Palm Cemetery South.

In lieu of flowers, donations would be appreciated to the scholarship programs for young journalists at the Poynter Institute.

David C. Gross Funeral Homes, Central Avenue Chapel, St. Petersburg, is serving the family.
  20. LocalSP Member

Did anyone else get a chuckle from the irony here?
  21. Triumph Member

Pulitzer-winning former St. Petersburg Times reporter Bette Orsini dies at 85
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/obitua...g-times-reporter-bette-orsini-dies-at/1160199

Bette Orsin passed away a few months ago

the mention bunny bust here
    borsini.png
  22. DeathHamster Member

23. DeathHamster Member