Customize

Scientology Dissed at the Oscars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinyDancer, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Anon Aleichem Member

Re: Scientology Dissed at the Oscars

Yes, there's a lot of material, but it's not quite as pressing as actual, active anti-Semitism disguised as anti-Zionism. You know, graves and synagogues being defaced, synagogues being trashed, oh and that country that wants to kill all the Jews, Iran or something. It's very hard to get Jews worked up about Scientology because it's not seen as a threat.

And as for Scientology placing its teachings above Moses/Judaism, well, we're used to other religions/cults/societies doing that.

The sources are good though. Thanks for those. More on the pile for articles to Jewish news.
  2. ARC Member

True that. I wouldn't put Scientology on a list of anti-semittic organizations. Totalitarian, anti-democratic, anti-gay, potentially genocidal, yes. Anti-semittic, no. Not even racist, IMO. Hubbard was racist, but I don't think the organization is.
    Maybe DM is.
  3. ARC Member

Even in light of the above advertisement, what high level Scientologists really hate are humans being human. That's why they call us non-Scientologists "wogs".

Well, sorry Scientologists, but you're human too. Even if you pretend you're not.
  4. Donovan Cook Member

Seriously!??!
    And I thought that my post was derailing...(rolls eyes at mod)
    /sarcasm
  5. TinyDancer Member

Yeah, guys. We're having a serious discussion here about a joke at the Oscars!
    3192864367_90c0cfe3ce.jpg?v=0.jpg
  6. anonymous9 Member

Don't know if I can make that judgment, based on an alcoholic rant(had a few myself) I'll just watch and wait, for now. If he truly is, it will come out eventually(still batshit crazy, though-but that's what I like about his work :D) Guy Fox look=exploitable.
  7. ARC Member

Oscar UFO religion/Scientology joke -> Tom Cruise no-show -> Mel Gibson in fawkes-like facial hair -> Mel's anti-semitism -> Jews in Hollywood -> Jews in Scientology

We didn't de-rail this thread. We're re-railing it.
  8. Donovan Cook Member

All righty then....
    But you took it off the deep end when this is just fluff. What happened to 'lurk moar'?? And providing links? No need to go all serious when the thread is not....
    IMHO
  9. Yoni Alter Member

His father is a legendary anti-Semite. He rejected the reforms of Vatican II because they said that Jews were not guilty of executing Jesus and removed condemnation of the Jews from Catholic Mass. He said Vatican II was a Masonic conspiracy set up by Jews, and raised his son with his separatists teachings. He and Mel set up their own church in California to worship in the old style and are planning their own Catholic center.

The ADL had suspicions about Mel long before his drunken antics, which just confirmed it.
  10. Anonymous Member

ARC just has funny ways of justifying things when he does them ;)
  11. Anonymous Member

opus dei did 9/11

Also I don't if anyone noticed but there was this funny thing about Scientology getting dissed at the some small time award tonight watched by tens of millions of people.

Oh and some schmuck that millions of other people know happen to looks like a familiar symbol associated with some project.
  12. Anonymous Member

No girls on the internet.
  13. anonymous9 Member

Some old school Catholics are like Southerners who support the Confederate battle flag-not racists, just trying to hold on to their traditions. As for ADL, reminds me of some of my relatives who see an anti-Semite under every bed.
  14. Anon Aleichem Member

Oh no, he's a full blown racist/conspiracy nut/anti-Semite.

Hutton Gibson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But yes, say one bad thing about the Jews and the ADL will never let you forget it.
  15. Anonymous Member

Sense this thread is about religion now: What is more Important..Faith or Works?
  16. Donovan Cook Member

It was about 'religion' from the start.
    EdWood.jpg

"Pull the strinks!!"

I think it's bullshit that the rules change yet the mods are participating in the breaking the most basic of rules. Come on guys, really, set an example.....
  17. Anonymous Member

I think that the some of the Mods are flawed, yet is not about the mods, is it?
  18. ARC Member

19. Anonymous Member

Lol. Faith without works is dead.
  20. anonymous9 Member

21. Anonymous Member

and faith comes by etc....

Couldn't help it...and yes I can recite all the commandments and their meanings.
  22. Anonymous Member

...hearing and hearing the word of God.

me too.
  23. Whanonstler Member

I hate to derail this and mention the Oscars, but I am almost sorry I missed Sean Penn's speech. I turned the channel then and missed the WBC mention. If unwarranted self importance and sheer twattery were nourishment, Sean Penn would never have to eat and probably live forever. Twat.
  24. zebrafaced Member

He had a good speech until the VERY end. Then it got a little weird, but maybe that was just me.
  25. Anonymous Member

great.
    GREAT
    Thank you Tina Fey and Steve Martin. I don't know why, but this is the first time I'm actually sure Scientology is eventually going to go down.
    Thank you a million times.
  26. the_cloak Member

Sounds to me like Hollywood is mighty sick of the scilons. Can't wait for the day they are purged from the streets of Hollywood so fans can enjoy a walk along the sidewalks and looking up the stars of their favorite actors and actresses and not being harassed for having a camera.
  27. coskilla Member

this is great the cult is a punch line
  28. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

I lol'd
  29. DeadFace Member

Heath died in January 08, before last year's Oscars, in which he was honored.

I thought the same thing at first, but then remembered.

On the Carlin front, he did Carwash, Bill & Ted, and a couple Kevin Smith flicks, all bit parts. But he did tons of TV, where they remembered him at the Emmys.
  30. NotMike Member

gibsonl.jpg
  31. Relyt Member

So, Sean Penn managed to say something not totally idiotic?
  32. Yoni Alter Member

Steve Martin and Tiny Fey totally dissed Scientology in a joke that's quoted in other articles posted here.

Bill Maher took his time as presenter to make a doughebag speech about how all religions are evil and we should rise above them, blah blah blah (I know people here are atheists but there's no reason to be a dick about it if you're at the Academy awards and not 4Chan).

"Waltz with Bashir" did win best foreign film. It went to some film from Japan nobody's heard of.
  33. Relyt Member

Bill Maher is kind of overboard with his view on religion. He wants all religions to be taxed.
  34. xseaorguk Member

this shows just how ridiculed $cientology really is in Hollywood and the rest of the world.
    People like Will Smith will nor dare mention the Cult as they have now observed what happens when you admit to your alliance.
    Travolta will also never publicly speak of the church again, I bet.
    For Tom Crusie its too late, for the rest of eternity his viral videos of couch-jumping and mumbo jumbo interviews are on the net to stay.
    The longer this stuff is here, the more people will eventually find it.
    This is why the internet 'Hatemachine' will be the downfall of the Cult, and will expose the global scam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  35. Whanonstler Member

Was I mistaken, or did that Japanese entry give off a necrophile vibe?

And Bill Maher has been is and will ever be a douchebag; Carlin had wit and verve and style- Maher is a failfag compared to him. I guess his speech shows why he failed as a comedian- a lack of sense of timing. Don't care who believes what or who doesn't believe in what; he was there to honor the nominees for documentaries and not talk about himself. But then... douchebag.
  36. FreakE420 Member

mel-Copy.jpg
  37. Re: Scientology Dissed at the Oscars

as they should be, lol
  38. ClingingMars Member

ei1a3q.jpg
  39. ClingingMars Member

i <3 jews
  40. ClingingMars Member