Customize

Scientology Cult in Gross and Willful Violation of Federal Order

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by AnonMSW, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Re: Scientology Cult in Gross and Willful Violation of Federal Order

BINGO!

To the European Anons, here's your target:

"The European Medicines Agency (EMEA) is a decentralised body of the European Union with headquarters in London. Its main responsibility is the protection and promotion of public and animal health, through the evaluation and supervision of medicines for human and veterinary use."

They appear to have the same regulatory power for the EU that the FDA has in the US. They're even working together in certain things.

Seems like a first place to start, hit them with the "Can they use this item, regulated by the FDA, to perform stress tests?" or, "Would you say that the "religous setting" restriction applies here?', or "Should the labeling be consistant with the court ruling?"

Fire away...
  2. BigBeard Member

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Maybe it's time to turn the focus on WHAT they are doing, i.e., claiming to administer a valid psychological "stress test" that is not being evaluated by a properly certified/licensed individual. And not so much on the hardware they are using in the process of administering such a test/evaluation.

Especially since the FDA doesn't seem all that intersted in persuing that avenue these days.

BigBeard
  3. moxie Member

Exactly! I have been considering how to approach the Oxford Calamity Outcome test for a while because I think it's always good to hit a suitable target in its Achilles spot.

Here's a random code of ethics from the internet as an example if you want to take a peek.
    This code would be standard anywhere. Really close to my local board's.
    Every State in every democratic nation will have one.

http://prtc.educ.ubc.ca/pdf_files/ethical_use.pdf
  4. avatar2008 Member

In my humble opinion, such agencies the last thing you need to sound like, is a reasonable individual. Case in point, lead paint on toys issue (manufacturer bought the cheap paint from a "friend", later took his own life), in four days, became a NATIONAL ISSUE. FDA PASSED AN ACT because of it.

Need to cause NATIONAL PANIC if we are to get FDA and other relevant agencies over this UNLICENSED and POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS device, religion or no religion. For all we know, over-use of the E-meter MAY BE DANGEROUS.

We won't know if it causes or increases the chance for illnesses or disorders. There just hasn't been a comprehensive medical study.
    THE E-METER MAY BE DANGEROUS.
  5. Plups Member

Professional Boards can't act against someone who doesn't claim to be a member of their profession (and isn't). They might give support for an action (eg research) but that's about it, I reckon.
  6. moxie Member

Yeah, I stated that in my first post.
    But I also think there is a conundrum for cos.

If OCA is a standardized, scientifically valid test then it is subject to a number of ethical procedures both in its creation and in its application.

It is applied by and interpreted by persons unqualified in administration and interpretation of standardized tests to anyone who walks by. That is unethical.
    The test has no demonstrable purpose except to find an individual's "ruin"
    per Ron's instructions. How could such an instrument be normed? Or findings measured?

OR it is a fortune telling device for entertainment purposes.
    In which case it needs to be labeled as bogus.
    They can't have it both ways.

As well, support from counsellors and boards could finally lead to an investigation of OCA.
    OCA would not be considered a medical test. Hence disinterest by medical boards. It might be used at the level of recruiters if it had any application. A or B level. I highly doubt the existence of a peer manual.

However, if it is shown that it is used in conjunction with a bogus medical devise (e-meter) that is another matter.

They need to show proof if they are declaring OCA a genuine standardized assessment tool.
    Or it is proven bogus and we jump on it. Either garbage or unethical. Win+ win.

Just one approach, still at the plotting stage. :)
  7. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Probably answered already, but did we ever hear what Oxford thought of the test?
  8. Plups Member

9. BigBeard Member

Related to all this from the Media sub-forum:

"Stress test" in Times Square? - Time Out New York

My comment regarding the article:

BigBeard
  10. Obi-Wan-anon Member

I knew that, but I thought that someone was going to get in contact with them to get their opinion about the use of the name.
  11. nightfire Member

BUMP
  12. tendervittles Member

13. auchraw Member

<<They are ignoring nearly all of what the judge wanted them to do.>>

If American law is anything like British law the judge ordered them (not wanted them) to do certain things and if they don't they are in contempt of court. This is more serious than their original offence and I don't think religions are exempt.
  14. Re: Scientology Cult in Gross and Willful Violation of Federal Order

This is just am bunch of Scientology hog wash. While you're hooked-up to the E meter and they are extracting a lot of personal information out of you, that they use to incriminate and control you, THEY ARE BUSY PICKING YOUR POCKET, enslaving your kids,and generally STEALING YOU BLIND. ... and what are you doing? Discussing the pro's and con's of the E meter!! IT'S ALL A CON.
  15. TinyDancer Member

UPDATE:

The 2006 FDA complaint which kicked off this thread has been finalised. The letter denying the complaint can be downloaded from here: Regulations.gov

We expected a denial.

A lot of work was done in this thread to identify the final terms of the court order and pin down what to do next.

My question is - US Anons, who has gathered the necessary evidence to send along to the FDA to show that they are not in compliance with the court order?

Plups kindly put the key terms of the order in a handy format:

In other words, what needs to be shown is:

a) There's no label on the FRONT of the e-meter in the terms the court ordered; and
    b) The e-meter is being used in a context that is not bona fide religious counseling.

ie. We need someone to photograph the emeter and we need someone to be stress-tested and then report what was (and was not) said about what they were doing.

I'd recommend that a range of open questions be asked - like, "what's this all about then?" - getting more specific as the contact goes, with a specific question asking whether this is a religious thing, when appropriate.

Naturally, dox are best. However, a witness's written statement is adequate.

Gentlemen?
  16. TinyDancer Member

Here's the full text of the order:

17. anongurl7 Member

a) Some anon on WWP mentioned he ordered an e-meter from bridge publications. I forgot his name and couldn't find the thread.

Any richanon want to caugh up a couple thousand and take pictures?

b) http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/leak-purification-rundown-research-36610/

(http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0VBHNUX0)

These leaks have all the policies where LRH says this is used in a medical way.

Refer to "scientology-medical-claims.pdf"
  18. anongurl7 Member

Is that so Hubbard?

LRH:nt.jh
    Copyright © 1973
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
    Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
    HCO BULLETIN OF 28 NOVEMBER 1970
    Remimeo
    Class VIIIs
    Class VIII Chksheet
    C/S Series 22
    PSYCHOSIS
    Through a slight change of procedure on certain preclears I have been able to
    view the underlying motives and mechanisms of psychosis.
    Very possibly this is the first time the mechanisms which bring about insanity
    have been fully viewed. I must say that it requires a bit of confronting.
    The alleviation of the condition of insanity has also been accomplished now and
    the footnote in Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health concerning future
    research into this field can be considered fulfilled.
    The things a C/S should know about insanity are as follows:
    HIGHER PERCENT
    About 15% to 20% of the human race apparently is insane or certainly a much
    higher percent than was estimated.
    The truly insane do not necessarily act insane visibly. They are not the psychiatric obvious cases who go rigid for years or scream for days. This is observed only in the last stages or during temporary stress.
    Under apparent social behavior the continual crimes knowingly committed by the
    insane are much more vicious than ever has been catalogued in psychiatric texts.
    The actions of the insane are not “unconscious”. They are completely aware of
    what they are doing.
    All insane actions are entirely justified and seem wholly rational to them. As they
    have no reality on the harmful and irrational nature of their conduct it does not often
    register on an E-Meter
    The product of their post duties is destructive but is excused as ignorance or
    errors.
    As cases in normal processing they roller coaster continually.
    They nearly always have a fixed emotional tone. It does not vary in nearly all
    insane people. In a very few it is cyclic, high then low.
    All characteristics classified as those of the “suppressive person” are in fact those
    of an insane person.
    The easiest ways for a C/S to detect the insane are:
    1. Pretending to do a post or duties, the real consistent result is destructive to
    the group in terms of breakage, lost items, injured business, etc.
    2. The case is no case gain or roller coaster and is covered under “PTS symptoms”.
    3. They are usually chronically physically ill.
    4. They have a deep but carefully masked hatred of anyone who seeks to help them.
    5. The result of their “help” is actually injurious.
    6. They often seek transfers or wish to leave.
    7. They are involved in warfare with conflicts around them which are invisible to others. One wonders how they can be so involved or get so involved in so much hostility.
    TYPES
    The German psychiatric 1500 or so “different types of insanity” are just different
    symptoms of the same cause. There is only one insanity and from it springs different
    manifestations. Psychiatry erred in calling these different types and trying to invent
    different treatments.
    DEFINITION
    Insanity can now be precisely defined.
    The definition is:
    INSANITY IS THE OVERT OR COVERT BUT ALWAYS COMPLEX AND
    CONTINUOUS DETERMINATION TO HARM OR DESTROY.
    Possibly the only frightening thing about it is the cleverness with which it can be
    hidden.
    Whereas a sane person can become angry or upset and a bit destructive for short
    periods, he or she recovers. The insane mask it, are misemotional continuously and do
    not recover. (Except by modern processing.)
    THE NATURE OF MAN
    Man is basically good. This is obvious. For when he begins to do evil he seeks to
    destroy his memory in order to change and seeks to destroy his body. He seeks to
    check his evil impulses by inhibiting his own skill and strength.
    He can act in a very evil fashion but his basic nature then makes it mandatory that
    he lessens himself in many ways.
    The towering “strength” of a madman is a rarity and is compensated by efforts at
    self-destruction.
    Man’s mortality, his “one life” fixation, all stem from his efforts to check himself,
    obliterate his memory in a fruitless effort to change his conduct and his self-destructive
    habits and impulses and losses of skills and abilities.
    As this rationale proves out completely in processing and fits all cases observed,
    we have for the first time proof of his actual nature.
    As only around 20% are insane, and as those who previously worked in the
    mental field were themselves mainly insane, Man as a whole has been assigned an evil
    repute. Govemments, where such personalities exist, listen to the opinion of the insane
    and apply the characteristic of 20% to the entire hundred percent.
    This gives an 80% wrong diagnosis. Which is why mental science itself was
    destructive when used by states.
    TECHNIQUES
    The only technique available at this writing which will benefit the insane is
    contained in all the overt-motivator sequences and Grade II technology.
    At Flag at this writing new improvement on this exists but it is so powerful that
    slight errors in use can cause a psychotic break in the insane. It therefore will only be
    exported for use by specially trained persons and this programming will require quite a
    while.
    MEANWHILE it helps the C/S to know and use these firm rules:
    ALWAYS RUN DIANETIC TRIPLES.
    Never run Singles. The overt side (Flow 2) is vital. If you only run Flow 1
    Motivators, the pc will not recover fully. Further running Flow 1 (Motivator only) any
    psychotic being processed will not recover but may even trigger into a psychotic break.
    If one never ran anything but motivators, psychotic manifestations would not erase.
    DEPEND ON EXPANDED GRADE II TECHNOLOGY TO EASE OFF OR
    HANDLE THE INSANE.
    Don’t keep asking what’s been done to him as he’ll trigger.
    A new discovery on this is that when you run out the motivator the person gets a
    higher reality on his overts. If you ran out all his motivators he would have no reason
    for his overts. If these are not then run out he might cave himself in.
    PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR
    The APPARENT pattern of insane behavior is to come in (ask for processing, go
    on staff, etc) with the advertised intention of being helped or helping, then mess up
    either as a pc or on post, then state how bad it all is and leave. It looks obvious enough.
    He came, found it bad, left.
    That is only the APPARENT behavior. APPARENT REASONS.
    Based on numerous cases, this is the real cycle. Hearing of something good that
    might help these hateful awful rotten nasty people, the psycho comes in, wrecks this,
    upsets that, caves in this one, chops up that one and WHEN SOMEBODY SAYS
    “NO!” the psychotic either
    (a) Caves himself in physically or
    (b) Runs away.
    The psychotic is motivated by intent to harm.
    If he realizes he is harming things he shouldn’t, he caves himself in. If he is
    afraid he will be found out, he runs.
    In the psychotic the impulse is quite conscious.
    CONCLUSION
    None of this is very nice. It is hard to confront. Even I find it so.
    Freud thought all men had a hidden monster in them for he dealt mainly with the
    psychotic and their behavior was what he saw.
    All men are not like this. The percentage that are is greater than I supposed but is
    a long way from all men.
    Sometimes one only becomes aware of these when things are getting worked on
    and improved. They stay on as long as it can be made bad or there is hope it can be
    destroyed. Then when attention is given to improvement they blow.
    Artists, writers often have these types hanging around them as there is someone
    or something there to be destroyed. When success or failure to destroy or possible
    detection appears on the scene they blow, often as destructively as possible.
    Orgs are subjected to a lot of this. A psychotic sometimes succeeds in blowing off
    good staff. And then sooner or later realizes how evil he is acting and sickens or leaves.
    The society is not geared to any of this at all. The insane walk around wrecking
    the place and decent people think it’s “human nature” or “inevitable” or a “bad
    childhood”.
    As of this writing the insane can be handled. The proof of any pudding is the
    processing. And this is successful. It is also rather swift. But, as I say, it is so swift the
    special technique has to be done by the specially trained flubless auditor.
    For a long while I’ve realized that we would have to be able to handle insane
    people as the psychiatrist is fading. I have had opportunity to work on the problem.
    And have it handled. Until it is fully released, the C/S will benefit greatly from
    knowing the above as these come on his lines far more often than he has suspected.
    The insane can be helped. They are not hopeless.
    I trust this data will be of use.
    L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
    LRH: rr.rd
    Copyright © 1970
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    [Referred to by HCO B 10 May 1972, Robotism, Volume VIII, page 127.]

Clearly not spiritual. Hubbard practices medicine without a license and this violates their religious status.
  19. anongurl7 Member

(NOTE: No narrative or multiple items must be audited. Get them restated.)
    L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
    LRH:cs.ei.rd
    Copyright © 1969
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    HCO BULLETIN OF 27 JULY 1969
    Remimeo
    Class VIII
    Dian Chksht
    Ds of P
    Registrars
    ANTIBIOTICS
    A pc on antibiotics should be given Dianetic Auditing.
    Very often antibiotics do not function unless the illness or injury is also audited.
    The basic failures of antibiotics apparently stem from a traumatic condition which
    prevents the medical treatment from functioning.
    When a person is medically treated for an illness, it is best to back up the action
    with auditing.
    Sometimes the patient is too ill to be fully audited. It is difficult to audit someone
    who is running a temperature. In such a case, let the antibiotics bring the temperature
    down before auditing. But if the temperature does not come down, in the interest of the
    patient’s recovery, auditing should be done.
    It is usually too late when the patient is in a coma. But one can still reach a patient
    who is unconscious by touching the patient’s hand to parts of the bed with “Feel that
    (object)”.
    A patient will sometimes respond to commands even when “unconscious” if you
    tell them to squeeze your hand to acknowledge they have done the command.
    Years ago the auditing of unconscious persons was worked out and successfully
    done.
    Needless to say, auditing any sick person requires the most exact, careful
    auditing, strictly by the Auditor’s Code.
    POSTOPERATIVE AUDITING
    A person who has been operated on or medically or dentally treated or a mother
    who has just delivered a child should have the engram audited out as soon as possible
    by Dianetic R3R.
    The after-effects of anaesthetics or the presence of drugs or antibiotics is to be
    neglected.
    The usual action is to
    1. Get them medical treatment.
    2. Audit them as soon as possible on the illness or injury.
    3. Audit them again when they are well.
    4. Get them a Review if they seem to be showing much later after-effects
    despite Dianetic auditing.
    HEAVY DOSES OF VITAMIN B1, B COMPLEX and C should accompany all
    such auditing actions.
    SAVING LIVES
    All this comes under the heading of saving lives.
    At the very least it saves slow recovery and bad after-effects and resultant
    psychosomatic illnesses.
    Dianetics is the first development since the days of Rome that changes and
    improves the RATE OF HEALING.
    Dianetics is also the first development that removes traumatic barriers from the
    path of healing.
    Medicines and endocrine compounds quite often are effective in the presence of
    Dianetic auditing which were once inexplicably ineffective in many cases. The barrier to
    healing was the engram. With that removed, healing can occur.
    OBJECTIONS TO USE
    Any barriers or objections to using Dianetics to assist the effectiveness of
    medicine or to increase the rate of or even secure effective recovery place the patient at
    risk as certainly as failing to use antiseptics.
    Such objections can be dismissed as stemming from barbaric or superstitious
    mentalities or from motives too base to be decent.
    It would not be possible to count the number of lives Dianetics saved in the 19
    years even before the advent of Standard Dianetics. Few human betterment activities
    have been so widely successful and so uniformly helpful as Dianetics.
    L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
    LRH:ldm.ei.rd
    Copyright ©1969
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    HCO BULLETIN OF 15 JANUARY 1970
    Remimeo
    Registrar’s Hat
    Ltr Reg Hat
    Dn C/S Checksheet
    THE USES OF AUDITING
    Case Supervisors, Registrars and Letter Registrars particularly should know
    something of the enormous number of uses to which auditing can be put.
    The idea of selling and applying “Dianetic Triples” and “Scientology Grades” as
    all one knows about is an approach that is both lazy and ignorant.
    It is doubtful if one could count the number of uses to which auditing can be
    placed to help livingness and improve the health, ability and outlook of a person.
    The trend now is to apply auditing to special requirements. But this is not a new
    trend—it is merely unknown. Emphasis on completed grades tended to drive out of
    sight the real uses of auditing.
    Naturally one wants his Dianetic Triples and his Scientology Triples. But to say
    this is the end of auditing is silly.
    In the pursuit of the “new” one forgets the successful old. In Class VI auditing,
    there are thousands of processes, all valid, if run only to F/N.
    Dianetic Auditing particularly lends itself to specific situations. For instance, a
    pregnant woman should be audited on emotions and somatics relating to birth or babies
    before delivery. We used to simply audit the girl’s own birth and any past births
    (R3R). Then immediately after delivery the engram is run out. Handling pregnancy in
    this fashion has the woman up and about in 3 days and in fine condition. This prevents
    utterly the extreme of “postpartum psychosis”, as mental upset due to delivery is called.
    It prevents any upset with the husband or child. It prevents physical aftereffects. In
    short, it should be done.
    People who have been ill for some time often only get well because they are
    audited.
    After any illness the person should be audited.
    After accidents and medical care people should be audited.
    Almost any human situation containing pain or misemotion should be handled by
    auditing.
    In the field of ability auditing is king. The inability to study or to work or even to
    live can be handled in many ways. The simple action of listing the somatics, emotions
    and attitudes of the unwanted condition and running them R3R Triples relieves them.
    A Registrar can sign up “Intensives” on these subjects and get them relayed to the
    Case Supervisor.
    Auditing is for use.
    Auditing is the answer to human disability and travail. It can make life worth
    living.
    Auditing is not a limited action, “He’s had his triples so you can’t do anything” is
    about as limited a view as you can get.
    The public should be given lists of things they may want handled. The use of
    auditing should be known, particularly in lower orgs.
    A Case Supervisor should be fully aware of what auditing can do and insist that it
    get done.
    There is no limit to what good auditing can do. That is the first thing one should
    learn about it.
    L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
    LRH:jz.rd
    Copyright © 1970
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
  20. anongurl7 Member

LRH :jk.an.rd
    Copyright © 1969
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    PASTORAL COUNSELLING
    HEALTH FORM
    Revised 22 July 1969
    (Part of HCO Bulletin 19 May 1969 [above])
    This form is done by an auditor. It is metered.
    Don’t try to handle items as the PC gives them unless an item BDs and the PC is
    interested. Otherwise assess after it is done. It also should be reassessed for additional
    items to run.
    If the PC gives you a medical term (e.g. Migraine Headache) as an illness, write it
    down in the first column then ask PC what the somatic is (e.g. Pain in Head), write that
    down in the second column and note beside it any read. There is no rote command. Get
    somatics (not incidents) that can be assessed and run.
    If the PC gives you a somatic don’t then ask for the feeling of it. Just write it
    down in the second column with its read and carry on down the list. If the PC gives
    several somatics in response to one illness, write down each as a separate somatic.
    Assess only the second column. Do not assess multiple somatics (i.e. several somatics
    as one item) and do not assess items that are not somatics. Do not assess narrative
    items. Do not accept or assess considerations.
    Remember that an illness has more than one somatic to be audited out before it is
    wholly gone.
    Persons medically ill should be sent for medical exam.
    Cross those off that have been run until form is completely handled.
    The end product of this form is entirely to pick out what to audit.
    Preclear Date ________________
    Auditor Org_________________
    TA position at start of Form____________________
    Answer Feeling Meter Read
    1. Do you have any CURRENT ILLNESS?
    2. Have you RECENTLY had any ILLNESS?
    3. Do you have any RECURRING ILLNESS?
    4. Do you have any CURRENT MISEMOTION?
    5. Have you RECENTLY had any MISEMOTION?
    6. Do you have any RECURRING MISEMOTION?
    7. Do you have any ACHES?
    8. Have you RECENTLY had any ACHES?
    9. Do you have any RECURRING ACHES?
    10. Do you have any PAINS?
    11. Have you RECENTLY had any PAINS?
    12. Do you have any RECURRING PAINS?
    13. Do you have any INJURED BODY PART?
    14. Do you have any PRESENT DISEASE?
    15. Do you have any RECURRING DISEASE?
    16. Do you have any PRESENT INFECTION?
    17. Do you have any RECURRING INFECTION?
    18. Do you have any PRESENT VENEREAL INFECTION?
    19. Do you have any RASH?
    20. Do you have any RECURRING RASH?
    21. Do you have any UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
    22. Have you RECENTLY had any UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
    23. Do you have any CONTINUING UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
    24. Do you have any RECURRING UNWANTED SENSATIONS?
    25. Do you have any TEETH TROUBLES?
    26. Do you have any other PHYSICAL CONDITION YOU WANT TO MENTION?
    27. Do you have any unwanted ATTITUDE?
    28. Is there something you wanted handled which wasn’t?
    Are these all the complaints? (If question reads get the additional complaints. Mention
    such things as VD in case PC is embarrased to mention them.)
    L. RON HUBBARD
    LRH :ldm.ei.aap
    Copyright © 1969 Founder
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I love how they skirt the issue by saying "medically ill".
  21. anongurl7 Member

Ds of P
    HCO BULLETIN OF 16 APRIL 1969
    HEALTH FORM, USE OF
    As one needs a guide to know what to audit on a case, the Dianetic Health Form
    is an essential auditing action.
    Also, some cases do not know they have recovered. It is Scientology that
    addresses improved awareness, not Dianetics. Dianetics accomplishes an eradication of
    the unwanted condition and when it is gone it is gone. The pc will not again mention it
    in many cases and it would be an error to hammer him about being better now.
    Therefore a second Health Form gives a comparison. The somatics and pains not
    mentioned in the second which were in the first can be considered to be gone.
    A second form done later gives the auditor and (when a Case Supervisor is also
    on the case) the Case Supervisor an indication of the actual improvement. A few days,
    weeks or months can elapse between giving the form. This gives an indication of
    improvement. Any number of Health Forms can be given.
    One of the old problems of Dianetics was that the pc recovered from his arthritis
    fully and then only nagged the auditor about a new symptom. It wasn't that the pc had
    to have an illness (only the 19th century psychologist believed that it was no use to cure
    anything as the patient just got something else). The fact is that the symptoms of the pc
    are several, not just one.
    You take up and audit each symptom or complaint, one after the other.
    This is a new advance in Dianetics—that a preclear's illness or upset has more
    than one source. His illness or upset is a composite.
    You audit the most available symptom first. Then find the next one and audit it,
    then the next, etc.
    The symptom in which the pc is most interested is the one to do first. You run its
    secondary or engram or chain and it vanishes.
    Then do the one in which he is now interested and run its secondary or engram or
    Now find the next symptom, etc.
    Sooner or later the pc will have tremendous good indicators, be smiling, happy.
    That's the time to quit. Right there. Until then, keep finding and fully erasing the
    latest symptom the pc has.
    This can be done with or without a meter. The meter makes it easier. The biggest
    read on an item given on the Health Form is the one to audit first.
    One finds "an incident which could have caused that", dates it loosely, runs it as
    an incident without pushing hard, gets an earlier similar incident and runs that, or even
    a third or fourth earlier similar (each time earlier) incident until a floating needle or the
    pc indicates the thing is gone.
    Then one finds out what may now be bothering the pc and does the same action
    on it.
    Sooner or later the pc will become bright, happy, symptom free.
    Symptoms are pains, emotional feelings, tiredness, aches, pressures, sensations,
    unwanted states of the body, etc.
    The only point where an auditor may get a hang-up is when he encounters an
    earlier wrong diagnosis. Someone told the pc he had heart trouble and the pc gives that
    as a symptom but doesn't really have one. When such a puzzle comes up you look for
    allies (other people) who had heart trouble (or whatever the thing was) or you find out
    from the pc and meter if it was a wrong diagnosis.
    If you are auditing without a meter, you take the pc's interest as the indicator.
    You audit the symptom in which he is interested and cease to audit it when it is gone.
    You can use whatever is given on the original Health Form that was done until the
    form is no longer valid or until the pc's good indicators are in. When the pc brightens
    up, that's the end of that Health Form. A new one must be done WHEN THE PC IS
    AGAIN FEELING BAD, TIRED OR WORRIED.
    The purpose of any session or series of sessions is to get the pc feeling well and
    happy.
    Sometimes the pc's condition is obvious and the engram equally obvious. The pc
    has just had a child. The delivery of it and any earlier similar engram is of course
    audited at once. Any recent experience is so handled.
    If a pc wants no auditing and yet is ill or miserable, one finds out why he doesn't
    want to be audited by getting him to explain (when he will become auditable) or one
    finds and runs as secondaries, engrams or chains bad experiences with treatment.
    If the pc doesn't recover at all, then the Auditor's Code has been violated or the
    engrams were overrun or not run long enough to erase or the pc was very ill medically and should have had a medical examination first.
    But even with poor auditing it is rare for a pc not to recover.
    Of course, the more skilled (follows the Auditor's Code, knows his meter,
    knows his Dianetics) the Auditor is, the more certain recovery becomes.
    The worst crime is overwhelming the pc by telling him what's wrong, not letting
    him tell you.
    The Health Form is of very great assistance in handling all this. The use of it is as
    follows:
    1. The Auditor sits down with the pc (usually the pc on a meter) and explains he's
    going to do a Health Form and try to help the pc.
    2. The Form is completed.
    3. The Auditor picks out by meter or by asking the pc which symptom he has his
    attention on.
    4. The Auditor finds an incident that had that symptom in it, dates it and runs it as an
    incident.
    5. The incident (and symptom) erases or the Auditor finds an earlier similar incident,
    etc, dates it and erases it until the incidents and symptoms are gone.
    6. A new symptom is located on the Health Form by meter or pc's interest.
    7. Steps 4 and 5 are repeated.
    8. A new symptom is located on the Health Form or by pc's complaint.
    9. Steps 4 and 5 are repeated.
    10. We go on doing this until the pc is suddenly well, smiling and happy and at that
    moment we at once desist.
    11. We tell the pc that is the end of the session. Note if several sessions were required
    to do the above, we start each new one by telling the pc it's started and end each
    session by telling the pc the session is ended.
    Each session is written down as it is done and preserved for future correction or
    use.
    The basic Health Form follows as part of this HCO B. Individual copies are made
    out for each pc and left in his case folder.
    L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
    LRH:ei.rd
    Copyright © 1969
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    DIANETIC HEALTH
  22. anongurl7 Member

LRH:gl.rd
    Copyright © 1963
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    1 Brunswick House,
    83 Palace Gardens Terrace,
    London, W.8.
    BAY 5780
    OPERATIONAL BULLETIN NO. 9 19 December 1955
    THE TURN OF THE TIDE
    The London Daily Mail feature editor, John Hall, took it upon himself on
    December 13, 1955, to personally interview me, and write exactly what he found. He
    published in the Daily Mail, a first run paper published in London, Edinburgh,
    Manchester and Paris, a very long and friendly story which will probably do us more
    good in the British Isles and France than anything which has happened for a long time.
    Time Magazine has written eight pages, there have been about 80 columns in U.S.
    magazines such as Life, Liberty, Look, and there has been untold press released on the
    subject of Dianetics and Scientology. But aside from one young communist who spent
    about three minutes talking to me on the stairs, at Elizabeth, and a fellow who wandered
    in, from Life he said, and never wrote anything, in Los Angeles, there has been no press
    reporter near me since before the publication of Dianetics: The Modern Science of
    Mental Health.
    That feature editor, John Hall, did take it upon himself to actually do an interview,
    and that the results were favourable caused me to make a little investigation concerning
    how press has been operating before, and on what it has been operating. Evidently the
    total activity of press has been to pick up slanted and hearsay information. So I was
    interested to find out how this information came into being. Apparently it works this way:
    to make some sort of “face”, somebody who met me at a cocktail bar then pretends a
    considerable knowingness on the subject of all of my life and activities, and gives forth at
    a considerable pace not handicapped in the least by the possession of no data, and this by
    and large whether done by Scientologists or casual acquaintances has been the total sum
    of information which has been circulated about myself since the late ‘30s.
    As even John Sanborn can tell you, I have been very chary about releasing any
    actual information about myself. I had a rather large collection of old-time photographs
    which I thought we might put into Ability, and at the last moment made John put in
    something else. I have not been anxious, in other words, to put up a big show of myself,
    thinking that Scientology was enough for its own sake. In this I have apparently made an
    error. I look over possible available sources of unbiased information concerning my own
    past, and discover that while it could be traced down on official records in libraries and
    other places and confirmed, there is no one who even knows enough about it to do that
    job of coordination. Thus it is necessary that I release some accurate biographical
    information to supplant some of this rumour and hodge-podge which has been spread
    around in the name of information. There is plenty of authenticating and documenting
    material if one cares to look for it.
    Now I know that it is extremely bad taste to put out any data concerning oneself, or
    to talk about oneself, but if people see fit to talk about one and, having nothing to talk
    about, therefore lie about one, and if this rebounds as widely as it has, through presses,
    books, plays and motion pictures, certainly one has some responsibility for putting out
    something like an accurate biographical narrative to say the least, and so we are doing so
    at this time, and then I can forget about it and go on doing something more important.
    For sure, however, the tide has turned on the subject of press, which doesn’t mean,
    however, that we should give the technical materials of Scientology to press. The best way
    to talk to press is to sort of two-way comm process them, and show them stacks of case
    histories, and let the deeds speak.
    BRAINWASHING MANUAL
    HISTORY
    In our studies of brainwashing it has been necessary to procure what information
    existed on the subject. Fortuitously, in Phoenix there came into our hands two
    manuscripts on the subject; as well as I can recollect, they were left there at the front desk
    with the request that they be mailed back to their owner. We are not sure exactly from
    whom these came, but we understand now that this is unimportant since the subject is
    broadly rather well known in a book on Psychopolitics. It is to be found in the Library of
    Congress. It is in German, but we suppose it is the same manual. As we needed this
    material for research, we read it off onto a tape, compiling the two manuals and removing
    from them some of their very verbose nomenclature, substituting for it more common
    English terms, and we have had a few copies of this struck off for use in our research.
    It is necessary if one is confronted by a case of brainwashing to understand the
    motives and general procedures of the people who did it. I must say an inspection of this
    manual does not make for much respect for the motives of people who brainwash other
    people. In the early pages of this manual, there is a letter from the person who
    purportedly gave these manuals to the organization, “Charles Stickley”, supposed to be a
    professor at Columbia University in New York City. This letter, included in the manuals as
    printed, makes it definitely and adequately clear that these manuals were reprinted for
    study by research workers. However, in handing out a copy of one of these manuals to
    one of our own people who had not heard of it, he made several wrong estimates of the
    manual itself. At first he thought it was a piece of communist propaganda. Then he
    thought it was something the organization had composed. Then on further inspection, he
    did not know what to think and it had to be pointed out to him very specifically that this
    was a synthesis of a Russian instruction book on the subject of brainwashing, and it had to
    be pointed out to him that it was reprinted for the benefit of people working to remedy
    and heal brainwashing. It had to be pointed out to him additionally that there was a cover
    letter in it which explained these things. Thus if you have one of these copies and it gets
    away from you which it might, you may find it necessary to explain exactly what it is.
    We certainly have the right to have in our possession materials covering something
    as intimately connected to mental research as brainwashing. We have the right to know
    why and where and who. Furthermore, this material is evidently well known to various
    governments and is not classified, since the subject “Psychopolitics” (which is the
    technical name for brainwashing) is to be found in the major libraries of the world.
    In the original text of this book there was a warning to psychopolitical operatives
    that they must stamp out Dianetics, Christian Science, and practical psychology, as these
    alone represented a menace to the brainwashing programmes. This reference in the text to
    Dianetics (which has been known to the Russians since 1938) makes the matter very much
    our business, quite aside from research. Yet if most of the vagaries and upsets from which
    we have been suffering have stemmed from a desire on the part of some political group
    attempting to accomplish a political coup and in the road of which we have been standing,
    then we certainly have the right to know why we have been knocked around by press and
    governments to the degree that we have been. Hardly a word uttered against Dianetics and
    Scientology has had any truth in it. The prevalent official but not the public opinion
    regarding Dianetics and Scientology is that they are phony sciences, tricked up to
    hoodwink people. Contrast this with the fact that in Dianetics and Scientology alone in all
    the world of mental healing lie the answers to increased intelligence and ability, and not
    very incidentally, in Dianetics and Scientology and in Dianetics in particular, we have the
    total antidote for the eradication of brainwashing. In other words we could unbrainwash
    them with Dianetics as fast as they are being brainwashed, given enough staff.
    Furthermore we can put troops and persons in a condition where they cannot be
    brainwashed. This we can do in Scientology.
    Thus if brainwashing is being counted upon heavily to accomplish a great deal inside and outside the nations under attack, there would be only one organization
    which would be standing thoroughly in the road of that programme, and if that
    programme inside a country had advanced to a point where officials could be influenced,
    then you would discover of course this odd official opinion of Dianetics and Scientology,
    that they are quack sciences.
    We are not planning to use this reprinted manual for purposes of propaganda.
    However, to prevent any misunderstanding from occurring, the highest police in England
    and America have both received copies and have been told that this is a reprint manual,
    and that we do not wish to cause them any extra labour in case another one of them falls
    into their hands. Actually, however, it is my belief that they have had the original, which is
    to say the communist version of these manuals, in their possession for years, and have
    simply been unable to credit it or unable to do anything about it. Thus our reprinted
    version should come as no shock to them.
    It has been my experience with Anglo-Saxon governments that where idea
    propaganda line attacks were concerned they couldn’t care less. They do not believe that
    propaganda is effective. Otherwise they would themselves engage in more propaganda
    activities. The Anglo-Saxon traditionally depends upon force in order to accomplish his
    ends.
    This is one of the reasons why communism has made such vast progress across the
    face of the world. It is an idea advancing against arms, and the arms of course will never
    be able to stop an idea. An idea will be necessary to stop the idea. We may very
    unfortunately be those persons in possession of the idea that will stop the other idea.
    Certainly the way things are going, if we don’t use our ideas to stop the incoming ideas
    across the face of earth, we are going to wind up one of these days in the middle of a total
    communism, living in a totally brainwashed society, the way I look at it.
    WASHINGTON CONGRESS
    My very best wishes to the Congress and my hopes for a highly successful time by
    all. I have made several recent tapes on material of some interest and value which have
    been sent swiftly and rapidly across so that the latest material would be available at the
    Congress. I have not made, however, a welcoming tape as I ordinarily would, and take this
    opportunity to thank those people who came, and hope that they go away feeling better,
    and feeling happier about things. There is no doubt that the Washington operation is on
    the steep upgrade and my principal communication in Scientology is between myself and
    the Washington operation where Bill Young, Julia Lewis, Ken Barrett, Don Breeding have
    things pretty well in hand. The silver ministers’ crosses are ready now and are supposed
    to be a knockout. The Co-Auditor’s Manual is ready, the “Brainwashing” pamphlet is
    being released to those who are interested in the subject, and it should be with all a very
    successful Congress indeed. I wish I were there.
    NEWEST PROCESSES
    I am tabling up all those processes which have been successful in starting low toned
    cases. These have amounted to about 24 new processes in the last three or four months.
    This table will be available in the near future with an analysis on it. However, I wish to call
    to your attention the singular success of Waterloo Station in handling low-ordered cases.
    Not-knowingness is time. If a person cannot not-know he becomes the slave of time.
    One of the more interesting late developments is a process called “‘Orrible Fates”.
    You ask the preclear to tell you some ‘orrible fates. The theory of this is very simple and
    will probably become Axiom 55, which will be to the effect that the cycle of action of the
    physical universe is create, change, destroy. Thus, anyone trying to make things better
    and in very close agreement with the physical universe, in reversing this cycle, will bring
    upon himself some regret. We have a wild example of this in the cycle of action imposed
    upon us by Christianity in the good works, the hounding and the death of Christ. This
    mechanism, also handled in Fac One, gives us the oddity that we are trying to put create
    forward in time, whereas destroy lies forward in time. One then either masters the subject
    of time, by running not-knowingness processes, or he
    puts into the future inventions of horrible fates for various persons and himself and this
    universe, until he runs out the considerable regret which is accumulated every time he has
    envisioned a good action. Naturally the final solution of this is the solution of agreement
    with the physical universe. When one breaks this and it is no longer disagreement or
    agreement, he has really done something, and the keynote of doing this thing is, of
    course, in “not-knowingness”.
    NEW AUDITING STYLE
    I have made a direct deliberate test, not of a process but of the auditing style itself
    as a helpful agent. The keynote of new auditing style is that any boil-off, somatic, anaten,
    swing of attention or going out of session on the part of the preclear is occasioned by
    some sort of error or miscomprehension on the part of the auditor, and the preclear. I
    used a general process not ordinarily very therapeutic, but not destructive, and starting
    with this process and a preclear, worked only in one direction: to keep the ARC of the
    preclear advancing continually throughout the session, proceeding from the level of ARC
    of the preclear just before he came into session—in other words, consistently and
    consecutively bettered him. I did this by two-way communication, and communication
    bridges. Every time the preclear tended to go out of session even slightly, every time any
    slightest sign of dropped awareness occurred, I assumed at once that something had gone
    wrong with the session. I assumed that something had been said which he didn’t
    understand, or something had been overlooked, or that something had been done in error
    on the two-way comm formula, and immediately researched this fact to put the session
    straight again. In other words, during this entire session I did nothing but put the session
    straight with two-way communication, and run a relatively noncommittal duplicating
    process on the preclear. The process I knew of old was not going to produce any grand
    rise in tone. However, this preclear who was usually difficult to audit finished up a halfhour
    session in much better condition than this preclear had been in in years.
    The assumption here on the part of the auditor is that if the preclear goes into a
    slump, has a somatic, or otherwise drops in ARC, then a difficulty has arisen with the
    session. We calculate this from the following: that at the top of the tone scale we have
    knowingness and awareness, in the middle ranges we have ARC, in the lower ranges
    somatics, and in the far lower ranges, varying degrees of unconsciousness. Thus when we
    say that the preclear’s tone should be promoted throughout the session, we mean of
    course that he must not be slumping toward unconsciousness. He must be advancing
    toward higher levels of consciousness.
    Therefore today it can be said that good auditing does not result in boil-off and
    somatic unconsciousness, dope-off, or pain, but results in a constant and consistent
    advance of the ARC of the preclear from the first moment of the session to the end of the
    session, when it should be much higher, and that any time there is anything wrong at all
    with the session, the preclear will reply by getting more unconscious. This was about the
    most arduous and rigorous test that could be made of new auditing style with a difficult
    preclear and following very solidly the precept that it would be an auditing error if the
    preclear dropped off in attention or consciousness. Thus when I have said that in the new
    auditing style we should always advance ARC, I meant exactly what I said, and have even
    gone so far as to run an auditing session which was nothing more than an auditing session
    to demonstrate that an auditing session all by itself with the two-way communication
    consequent to it would result in increased tone for the preclear. By the way, this type of
    auditing also results in increased tone for the auditor, so we are winning both ways.
    REPORTS FROM WASHINGTON
    Washington has recently received a stack of forms from me which they were
    supposed to fill out weekly and send through as reports on conditions, finances, etc. This
    is really not so much an effort to fill up my “vacuum of information” as it is to get the
    Washington operation to pay very close attention to these details themselves. The theory is
    that if they have to compile these data, they will then know these data, and, knowing them,
    they will see what the situation actually is.
    I believe much of the activity which goes on in an organization is done without any
    real realization of what the condition of the organization is, and it may very well be that
    for the last five years, only myself and a few others have been actually conscious of the
    real condition of Dianetics and Scientology organizations with regard to their business
    organization and finance. This sort of situation cannot of course continue. Dianeticists
    and Scientologists working inside of organizations and keeping them running would be
    as competent as they knew what was going on in the organization, and they would know
    as well what was going on in the organization as they were acquainted with the problems
    which the organization actually faced in terms of business and finance.
    Probably one of the things which has held us back more than anything else was a
    good working knowledge of business itself. The basic maxim of business is simplicity
    itself, and that is first, that there must be an organization there, and second, that it must
    perform its duties and functions, and third, that it must originate communications as well
    as receive communications, and fourth, that its income must be slightly greater than its
    outgo, and fifth, that persons inside the organization should know what was going on
    generally in the organization.
    I instituted this report system when I discovered that the Washington operation
    could sit there and not notice that the training department itself had never originated a
    single letter of procurement to prospective students. Mary Sue was originating all these
    letters, and when she left Washington to come over to London (having stayed behind to
    square things away), the training department, which had the responsibility for emanating
    all communication on the subject of procurement of students, wrote not one single letter
    to anyone anywhere. Thus Washington is involved in a slump. Similar to Australia, where
    internecine warfare kept people from communicating out to the world at large,
    Washington was brought into an intensified usual Christmas slump by a failure to
    originate communications. Another circumstance came to my attention which was very
    amusing. Over a period of two weeks, I was being asked by the downtown office if Silver
    Spring had received a cheque for expenses. Downtown Washington was communicating
    with me to find out a datum about Silver Spring which if a map is inspected will be found
    to be eight miles away. Silver Spring was not communicating this information to
    downtown Washington, and downtown Washington evidently never thought of asking
    Silver Spring. I let it ride until they eventually got together on the subject.
    Interdepartmental bulletins and meetings to exchange information are absolutely
    necessary if an organization is going to continue in a healthy state.
    It is time that the central organization of Scientology began to circulate bulletins on
    what it is doing. I know definitely that in each department branch of the entire
    Washington operation everyone, with very small exception, is doing his all-out level best
    to keep everything rolling and they are doing a wonderful job of it. I think, however, that
    from department to department the Washington operation doesn’t know this. How about
    meeting each other, you guys?
    L. RON HUBBARD
    LRH:ts
    Copyright (©) 1955
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    LRH TAPE LECTURE
    London, England
    22 December 1955
    ** 5512C22 LAM-4 Matching Auditing to Tone

HOLY SHIT
  23. anongurl7 Member

We have developed Scientology STANDARD TECH.
    Both are now valid as themselves.
    They do not cross.
    Dianetics for the body.
    Scientology for the spirit.
    USE BOTH.
    L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
    LRH :jp.aa
    Copyright © 1969
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    HCO BULLETIN OF 2 APRIL 1969
    Revised 14 May 1969
    Remimeo
    DIANETIC ASSISTS
    (Include in Medical Series)
    The Use of Dianetics to the Medical Doctor
    There is everything to be said for correct medical treatment in the handling of the
    sick and insane.
    "Insanity" is most often the suppressed agony of actual physical illness and injury.
    To "treat" this agony with shock and "brain operations" is a Nuremberg type
    offense and is indictable as mayhem or manslaughter.
    The medical treatment of "insanity" requires sure awareness by the patient of his
    whereabouts and present time. These are usually quite unbearable so he has sunk into
    the past to escape the agony of the present.
    The TOUCH ASSIST given to such injured persons permits healing to occur by
    restoring the person to the present and his whereabouts to some degree.
    Healing after medical treatment might not occur rapidly if the "insane" or
    chronically ill person remains in the past, unable to confront the present.
    Thus the touch assist speeds and often permits healing after medical treatment and
    sometimes in minor injuries and illness permits the doctor to accomplish healing
    without further treatment.
    There is the TOUCH ASSIST, the CONTACT ASSIST and the AUDITING
    ASSIST.
    The touch assist done as described elsewhere brings the patient's attention to
    injured or affected body areas. When attention is withdrawn from them, so is
    circulation, nerve flows and energy which for one thing limits nutrition to the area and
    for another prevents the drain of waste products. Some ancient healers attributed
    remarkable flows and qualities to the "laying on of hands". Probably the workable
    element in this was simply heightening awareness of the affected area and restoring the
    physical communication factors.
    The CONTACT ASSIST is remarkable when it can be done. The patient is taken
    to the area where the injury occurred and makes the injured member gently contact it
    several times. A sudden pain will fly off and the injury if minor lessens or vanishes.
    This is again a physical communication factor. The body member seems to have
    withdrawn from that exact spot in the physical universe.
    The restoration of awareness is often necessary before healing can occur.
    The prolongation of a chronic injury occurs in the absence of physical
    communication with the affected area or with the location of the spot of injury in the
    physical universe.
    The AUDITING ASSIST is done by a trained auditor using an E-Meter.
    It consists of "running out" the physically painful experience the person has just
    undergone, accident, illness, operation or emotional shock. This erases the "psychic
    trauma" and speeds healing to a remarkable degree if done properly.
    In addition to assists there is Dianetic auditing of an acutely ill person which
    handles the current and past illnesses and injuries by erasing the "physical trauma".
    The last is a skilled activity. Practitioners who have the idea such things do not
    have causes will of course fail to locate the causes.
    A sickness can be composed, let us say, of a headache, a nausea, apathy and
    weariness.
    Such a sickness may be bizarre, without medical reason.
    By first getting the patient to find and say what shock occurred when the sickness
    began, getting when, and getting it recounted, the "illness" will lessen, the emotional
    state will alter—called a "release of affect".
    By then finding an earlier similar instance and getting that one dated and
    recounted a further release of affect may occur.
    If the good indicators, smiles, etc, do not occur in the patient, one again asks for
    an earlier incident, dates it and gets it recounted.
    The phenomena of "floating needle" on the E-Meter should not be bypassed on a
    physically sick person. If it occurs, regardless of when, and the patient is smiling and
    suddenly free from symptoms, one at once desists with further auditing on that subject
    and at that time.
    If no floating needle and a full release of symptoms occur, one then traces back
    the remaining symptoms. Let us say the headache is now gone due to recounting times
    of emotional duress. But the patient is still slightly nauseous. One traces the nausea to
    earlier or other incidents. It will vanish when found and dated.
    The apathy vanished somewhere along the way but weariness remains. One traces
    the weariness to another or other incidents.
    In short one handles each manifestation of the bizarre illness until all symptoms
    are gone and the patient is happy and cheerful.
    Needless to say all this requires a skilled auditor but the skill can be acquired in a
    Dianetic training course.
    The important thing is not to tell the patient what caused it, but to let him tell you.
    Otherwise the symptom suppresses.
    The approach in any of these assists is quiet, gentle, permissive, never forcing the
    patient, speaking only the words required to do the process.
    The temporarily insane by reason of emotional shock, where no medical illness
    exists, should be permitted rest and should then be handled by an assist as above or
    normal Dianetic auditing. Most often, rest and no further harassment result in a return
    to sanity in a short time such as a few days, but not in a terror atmosphere such as a
    psychiatric asylum where the patient is in the risk of being hurt or killed. Electric shock
    prolongs the condition and brain surgery is of course not treatment but murder as at
    best it deprives the person of his coordination and at worst shortens his life. The
    occasional and rare brain tumour is of course an exception but this is a medical not a
    psychiatric matter, no matter what manifestations the person exhibits. Most medically ill
    people do exhibit symptoms of mental derangement at some stage of their illness.
    The acceleration of healing of medical illness or injury such as broken bones or
    the aftereffects of delivery or operations can be accomplished by the Dianetic
    auditing of the resulting trauma soon after full medical treatment or attention. The
    improvement factor is about 1/3 the normal time of recovery by some thousands of test
    cases.
    Such auditing is done by a usual Dianetic procedure.
    In addition to the above assists there is regular Dianetic auditing which handles
    chronic discomforts and prevents future illness as well as improving the state of wellbeing
    of a person.
    The mechanisms of the mind revealed in Dianetics are of great use to the field of
    medicine.
    They are easy and quick to apply.
    About one month's training is all that is necessary to acquaint an otherwise
    educated and intelligent person with the fundamentals and skills necessary to assists.
    Considerably more time of course is necessary to train a skilled Scientology
    auditor, but this is not the subject of this paper.
    There is no conflict of interest between any healing profession and Dianetics.
    Dianetic materials and papers are fully available.
    There is a conflict between Dianetics and political practices such as psychiatry
    since electric shock, brain operations and general degradation of the person may
    prevent the patient's recovery by Dianetics.
    As answers exist now for insanity there is no reason to continue Medieval or
    Fascist solutions to the problem of the psychosomatically ill or the insane and we are
    doing everything in our power against fantastic opposition to end the torture and killing
    of the insane regardless of the politically "desirable" ends envisioned by some groups.
    Dianetics, like any other true treatment, like aspirin or penicillin, was originally
    designed to handle the apparent basic cause of psychosomatic illness. The first research
    was intended to help allied prisoners of war degraded by the Japanese and Chinese
    prison camps and who after VJ day were transferred to Oak Knoll Naval Hospital.
    Later, in 1954, in a much more advanced state of development, Dianetics was
    successfully employed to eradicate the results of allied prisoners of the Korean war
    who had been subjected to Russian brainwashing. The subject has been improved,
    made easier to teach and apply and its results bettered continually over a total period of
    29 years. It has in 1969 been fully updated as Standard Dianetics. It is very successful
    and is in very broad use over the world.
    L. RON HUBBARD
    Founder
    LRH:cp.an.ei.rd
    Copyright © 1969
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    Ed. Note: “S and Ds”[see below] in scientologeese stands for Search for and Discovery of Suppressives. Suppressive Persons (SPs) are supposedly people not supportive of scientology who are to blame when things go wrong for a scientologist, including medical illnesses as shown herein.
    HCO BULLETIN OF 10 JUNE 1966
    Remimeo
    Tech Div Hats
    HGC Auditors
    Qual Div Staff
    S &
  24. TinyDancer Member

anongurl, thanks for the research. I hadn't seen one or two of those.

Bear in mind the focus of this thread - that there's a court order to the effect that they must use the e-meter only for religious matters - and it has been held that the belief that this silly contraption can affect health, BECAUSE it is lacking in scientific underpinnings and evidence, is a "religious" belief.

We must show that the usage is "secular". I don't believe we can do that by saying it relates to matters medical.
  25. TinyDancer Member

REPOST, SO IT DOESN'T GET BURIED

UPDATE:

The 2006 FDA complaint which kicked off this thread has been finalised. The letter denying the complaint can be downloaded from here: Regulations.gov

We expected a denial.

A lot of work was done in this thread to identify the final terms of the court order and pin down what to do next.

My question is - US Anons, who has gathered the necessary evidence to send along to the FDA to show that they are not in compliance with the court order?

Plups kindly put the key terms of the order in a handy format:

In other words, what needs to be shown is:

a) There's no label on the FRONT of the e-meter in the terms the court ordered; and
    b) The e-meter is being used in a context that is not bona fide religious counseling.

ie. We need someone to photograph the emeter and we need someone to be stress-tested and then report what was (and was not) said about what they were doing.

I'd recommend that a range of open questions be asked - like, "what's this all about then?" - getting more specific as the contact goes, with a specific question asking whether this is a religious thing, when appropriate.

Naturally, dox are best. However, a witness's written statement is adequate.

Gentlemen?
  26. Re: Scientology Cult in Gross and Willful Violation of Federal Order

hrmhrmhrmhrm *ponder*
  27. captainslug Member

BRB, making cool labels
  28. BTANONNYC Member

HOLD I HAVE SOME PICS
  29. Re: Scientology Cult in Gross and Willful Violation of Federal Order

San Francisco has many photos of stress-testers in action, re: no labels etc. specifically done for this purpose. Anon may pipe up imminently.

30. BTANONNYC Member

why was my post habeeted?
  31. BTANONNYC Member

ah yeah that makes sense.

well i sent them to you TD, here they are for anyone else.

HPIM1679.jpg

HPIM1678.jpg

does this work?????
  32. TinyDancer Member

Random photos of the e-meters being used are great - but unless we can show that they were being used for secular or non-religious purposes, the pics can only be general background.

So, I think we're going to need a nexus between the actual stress test being done and the photo of the emeter concerned.

And, ideally, a stack of evidence would be best.
  33. BTANONNYC Member

that makes sense, but it still shows that the labeling is obviously not on the front, as specified in the agreement.
  34. TinyDancer Member

True, but if I were prosecuting the case and the label was - while not on the front - on the edge facing the person being audited, so that it was even a BETTER position than being on the front, I wouldn't lay charges/take action.

Did you take a stress test that day?
  35. BTANONNYC Member

no actually. funny story though, it was at the November global and some lady just walked out of the org with a suitcase, came up to us and said "here-play with this."

i was utterly confused, but apparently she was a very well known ex scilon. (can't remember name though)

i'm still confused how she got the e-meter, and why she was in the org though....

but i digress,

do you want me to talk to my local board and find someone who might have evidence/testimonials of taking a stress test? because i can get someone really easily.
  36. TinyDancer Member

Bear in mind we're looking to be able to prove that they weren't giving religious "services". So, if anyone has a clear statement to that effect, then sure, that'd be great!
  37. xenubarb Member

How if you were a secular individual sitting down and being subjected to the e-meter in all violation of what the sticker says? You know, about it being for religious porpoises only and not for diagnosis of mental or physical ailments? Like the free stress test in a secular setting, targeting passersby in a public place?
  38. 13Heathens Member

Re: Lily von Marcab WINZ Again: "Cult in Gross and Willful Violation of Federal Order

Court Order - FDA - Scientology Dianetics Hubbard E-meter - Medical, scientology, and Hubbard
  39. TinyDancer Member

40. BigBeard Member

In other words, you need video with sound of some random public being offered a stress test, taking it, and never being advised of the "religous only" angle. It should also include shots of the e-meter clearing showing the lack of labeling in the appropriate location. And hopefully, the $cilong making the comment after the test, "Dianetics/Scientology can help you with that."

Correct?

BigBeard