Customize

Scientology Bookmarks- let them fill the libraries!

Discussion in 'Resources' started by PTStypeK, Dec 31, 2011.

1. PTStypeK Member

2. Smurf Member

This has been going on for decades. Most libraries accept the books, but because of the frequency in which Scientology books are vandalized, or disappear from the shelves, libraries now require patrons to show photo ID to check out the books. Many libraries keep the books in storage because no one reads them.

Last year, I did a search of tjhe Los Angeles County Library system to see how many cult books had been donated and are listed with the libraries as current... 187 books, county-wide. To check them out, you have to present photo ID.
  3. PTStypeK Member

Thanks, Smurf! No library near me has 'em, but I was thinking that if one did, it would be easy to slip something like this inside. No vandalism, so it's legal (asfaik, but ianal) and hits the curious.
  4. Smurf Member

It's not illegal to leave literature in books in most states. It may be against library rules, and if you're caught doing it, you could be banned from the library, but it's not illegal.

The Jehovah's Witness' are infamous for inserting their tracts in library books.
  5. PTStypeK Member

huh, I didn't know that about the JWs, good to know. Thanks, Smurf!
  6. I often find randonm bookmarks when I check out some trashy fiction.....would be good to leave one with some urls and basic info on it in popular or targetted books....