Customize

Scientology-based company going to OMB after application for Milton drug and rehab facility denied

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by KittyKatSpanker, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Intelligence Member

I just called the Council office for info about the Hearing but their office is closed
    until Tuesday, April 7, 2015.:(
  2. TorontosRoot Member

Closed due to the easter long weekend.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Fuck A Duck Video copy.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. DeathHamster Member

Monday isn't a stat holiday. Do they think they're in Quebec?

OMB's page for this:
    https://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL141325

(Frames to hide the real page, how quaint!)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. peterstorm Member

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/...tre-desintoxication-eglise-scientologie.shtml

Translation:

March 31st 2015
    CBC/Radio-Canada
    A church of scientology rehab center in Milton?

The OMB has to decide if it will give the green light to the construction of a church of scientology rehab center in Milton, west of Toronto.
    The establishment of such a center would require a change in zoning, which the OMB is addressing this week.

A company linked to the church of scientology is attempting to convert a residence in a rural sector of town into a rehab center.

The close to 2000 square meter building would accommodate up to ten clients at a time and 5 to 10 employees depending on the time of day, according to Narconon's project presentation obtained by CBC/Radio-Canada.

The town of Milton has refused to give a permit for the opening of this private treatment center. It indicates however that its battle against the drug rehab center has nothing to do with the church of scientology.

Controversy surrounding Narconon in Quebec.

The network of drug rehab centers Narconon, which is behing this project, has seen its Trois-Rivieres center closed in 2012 by the Mauricie health agency.

According to the Quebec human rights commission, Narconon has submitted patients to humiliating practices, forced isolation and financial exploitation.

The lawyer representing Narconon has however refused to comment on the controversy during the hearings before the OMB, in Milton.

Narconon is affiliated to the church of scientology. Present in several countries, these centers offer treatments based on the teachings of the founder of scientology, L Ron Hubbard.

An Ontarian in favor of a rehab center in Milton.

Geri Pagliuso, who has followed the Narconon treatment, told, during the hearings of the Commission, how this program had saved her life.

She admitted having participated in sweating sessions and having taken vitamins, but said she had not been mistreated.

Geri Pagliuso would have later been working for Narconon.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. TorontosRoot Member

Damn. That cannot open. And just one clam had to always say "it saved my life!" bogusness. That "rehab" center cannot open. IT CANNOT.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Intelligence Member

Thanks, PeterStorm ... Hopefully, we'll have some news tomorrow when the OMB offices
    in Milton are open? I'll phone and see what's up and post here if, and once I know.:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Just to clarify, Pagliuso was testifying before the Quebec Human Rights Commission, not the OMB.

The OMB still sucks and may very well give Scientologists the go ahead, though.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Intelligence Member

Called three times ... only a recording saying ALL Zoning staff are busy. So, I sent an email.:rolleyes:

2uos4uu.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  11. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. Intelligence Member

On one of the OMB dox, it stated (paraprased) that they could face costly litigation
    if 'push comes to shove' over the Appeal being denied?

They still won't answer the phone ... perhaps in meetings with OMB Council members and lawyers
    is my guess?:rolleyes:
  13. Sorry, is that a Scientology doc saying that the OMB could face litigation if they deny their appeal?

I'd kind of like to see Scientology try to sue the OMB. I think it would be like trying to sue a court.
  14. Intelligence Member

No, the OMB referenced it --- see the YELLOW:

2m2f88y.jpg

Still no luck with email reply from OMB so I contacted the Media in Milton - Ontario to see what
    they might be able to find out?
  15. Intelligence Member

Poon email sent just now containg 205 pages of Evidence dox WHY they should not appove.

153pk6f.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks. I don't think that is about litigation. I read it as a statement that Milton council will have to spend money to defend the decision to the OMB, which they will (or have done at this stage). At a minimum, lawyer and expert witness time.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Reading a bit more on the OMB, it doesn't seem like there is any point in pooning them. They operate somewhat like a court and want all evidence to come in through the hearing process. I don't know if they have an equivalent of an amicus brief but if not then the only way to get this info in would be through the Milton council representatives.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Intelligence Member

Just received email from a Reorter in the Milton are who published a previous story,
    and he said he's getting no answers from them ... just stonewalling until the OMB Ccouncil decides.:confused:
  19. TorontosRoot Member

God damn stalling Pricks. I hope the cult isn't got anyone in the OMB.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  21. DeathHamster Member

I was filling in some of the tagged names in stories on the Milton attempt, and came across an interesting one:
    Except that Tim Lomas is a long-time OSA dirty-tricks operator.

https://www.google.ca/?q=Tim Lomas scientology
    • Like Like x 5
  22. TorontosRoot Member

Dirty and disgusting.
  23. RightOn Member

he likes the asbestos

Timothy Lomas ROUTE TO INFINITY COURSE Freewinds 13 1994-07-01
    Timothy Lomas STATE OF MAN CONGRESS COURSE Freewinds 13 1994-07-01

Tim Lomas in Scientology's Publications

The following 2 mentions of Tim Lomas appear in official Scientology publications:
    Tim Lomas Founding Patrons Impact 109 2004-09-01
    Tim Lomas Patrons Impact 114 2006-09-01
    • Like Like x 4
  24. Aurora Member

Bump for 45 days since hearing & no decision posted yet. Guess this one falls into the 20% of cases that take longer than 45 days to decide.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. Intelligence Member

Why, I wonder? We're they waiting to see what happened in Frederick or?
  27. TorontosRoot Member

No decision? Might as well kick out scientolonarcononology
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Intelligence Member

Will send off a Fax and Email to ask some questions and see if I can talk to somebody on the phone
    about what is going on and WHY it's taking this long?

If SBPI get's a leg-hold in Ontario and opens a Narconon, I do have some dox that will stir up
    a few government and health officials/agencies, but I need some more info first.
  29. If I had to guess, I'd say they are making sure the decision is appeal-proof. OMB decisions can be appealed but only on fairly narrow grounds.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Aurora Member

So I went to see if a decision had been reached yet at the website:
    https://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL141325

What do I get?
    • Like Like x 2
  31. BigBeard Member

I've had that happen on occasion at various sites. Sometime hitting reload a couple of times will access the page after a bit.

BigBeard
  32. Aurora Member

^^^^^ Thanks. The page was like that for a while - different messages on different browsers. I guess the website had issues as now I get:
  33. mnql1 Member

Radio-Canada, the French arm of the CBC, reports today (June 9, 2015) that the OMB (Ontario Municipal Board) has rejected the zoning change requested by Social Betterment Properties on the grounds that the project does not respect municipal and provincial bylaws that restrict the use of the site to agricultural purposes.

Centre de désintoxication : L'Église de scientologie déboutée ("Detox center: Church of Scientology turned down")
    • Like Like x 9
  34. Intelligence Member

THANK YOU mnql1 ... fantastic news!!!

Detoxification center: the Church of Scientology dismissed

BING Traslated:
    http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/...-centre-desintoxication-milton-deboutee.shtml

The Ontario Municipal Board rejects the project of the Church of Scientology detox center in Milton, near Toronto.

Three years after the closure of its public health center in Trois-Rivières, the Church, known for the faithful as Tom Cruise and John Travolta, wanted to turn a single family residence in a rural area of ​​Milton treatment facility for drug addicts .

However, the Ontario Municipal Board refused his rezoning request, concluding that the project did not meet the municipal and provincial regulations that restrict the use of the site for agricultural purposes. The house in question is part of the provincial greenbelt and is not connected to municipal water and sewer system.

In 2012, the health agency Mauricie forced the closure of the Narconon Trois-Rivières because of unsafe practices including sweating patients, five to six hours a day, combined with a massive intake of vitamins .

In Milton, the Church wanted to use the remains of nearly 2,000 square meters to accommodate up to ten guests at a time and five to nine staff members depending on the time of day, according to the presentation of the draft Narconon obtained by CBC.

In Trois-Rivières, the therapy was about $ 7,000 per month.

Since 2011, three people died in the biggest center of Narconon, located in Oklahoma, United States. Multiple lawsuits for negligence and fraud have been filed against the drug rehab center for these deaths.

Narconon said handle tens of detox centers in 26 countries.

Milton against Narconon

The Town of Milton refused to grant a permit for the opening of private care center, citing its zoning rules.

"We welcome them in an urban area, where they have immediate access to roads, hospitals and emergency services," stated Barbara Koopmans, director of planning.

The company Social Betterment Properties International - the Immoblière section Narconon - had decided to bring the decision on appeal to the Municipal Board.

In 2013 Narconon had tried unsuccessfully to buy a property north of Toronto to open a new health center. Residents were then launched a mobilization campaign to block the project.

Read also:

• Like Like x 6
  35. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  36. RightOn Member

Fabulous news!
    MD you are next!
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 1
  38. Quentinanon Member

Despite OT powerz and "study tech", Miscavige and his Ronbots did not word clear "agriculture" or have any intent to abide by the laws of the province of Ontario.
    I guess little has changed since the 1970's and 80's: http://www.solitarytrees.net/racism/canada.htm
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Intelligence Member

ehm13s.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/article/dav...tle-canada-rejects-drug-rehab?cid=db_articles

David Miscavige and Narconon loses another battle, Canada rejects drug rehab

Published June 10, 2015 by David Love -

MORE HERE:

http://www.examiner.com/article/dav...tle-canada-rejects-drug-rehab?cid=db_articles
    • Like Like x 5