Customize

Scientology and the Homeless

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonciation, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonciation Member

Scientology and the Homeless

What is Scientology's stance regarding the homeless? As a religion/charity/whatever are they obliged to help etc? What if 5-6 homeless guys showed up outside a mission and set-up camp with signs like "Former Scientologist please give generously"? How can we get homeless guys to this (bottle of vodka bribery) and what legal issues are there here? Are live webcams of something like this possible to set-up?

What would Co$ be able to do to prevent this? Would they try and recruit street alcoholics into Narconon/whatever its called now?

Been kicking this around my head for a cpl of weeks now if anyone wants to weigh in that would be great.
  2. mko Member

Re: Scientology and the Homeless

Didn't Elron say something like "this one dictator saw an excellent way to reduce poverty was by executing the homeless" ?
  3. Anonymous Member

I think the underlying idea here is great, because it exposes one of scn's major flaws. My experience was that if you didn't have money, or were not willing to work for free (join staff), they were not willing or able to help you. I have seen several posts by ex-scn's here where they brought up the issue of helping the needy, and the response is (per LRH) "we can't worry about them now, maybe next lifetime". If this policy can be shown and demonstrated IRL, I think it would be a major footbullet for scn. As to how to setup this little drama, I think that needs to be thought out a little more, but it is a great idea to start with.
  4. Anonciation Member

To expand on my original idea, simply going round homeless ppl in your area and giving them signs "Ex-scientologist please help" would be pretty lol and easy to do.

On a serious note though, as a supposed charity organisation Co$/Narconon is really meant to be helping people with alcohol/drug problems but will they help if the person in question is bankrupt? I'm actually giving an interview with a local paper on the subject on alcoholism tomorrow morning and I'm wondering if I can slide something about this in.

Gogo Alcoholics Anonymous? :)
  5. anonymers Member

my guess is they want them disposed of quietly and without sorrow.
  6. DubDub Member

Scientology hates the homeless and is experienced in how to get rid of them.

There's a rumor that it was the Church of Scientology who got the homeless in St Petersburg Florida kicked out of the park. There's a park in downtown St Pete; Scientology has a "Testing Center" on one edge of the park; the homeless have for years set up housekeeping there (called "the Tent City"); around about the time that the Testing Center had their Grand Opening, the homeless were all kicked out of Tent City.

They then set up housekeeping under a bridge. The St Pete police harassed them, and knifed up their tents and scattered their possessions. There was a huge public outcry about that.

YouTube - St. Petersburg Police cutting up homeless tents
  7. the anti Member

what monsters, if scientology did have to do with this, foot bullet?
  8. basil Member

Most legitimate religious organisations do have compassion for those 'less fortunate in society' than themselves, offering soup kitchens, food banks, clothing, medical facilities, needle exchanges, hostels etc.

What would scientology do? Sell them a book.
  9. churchlady Member

This topic is very close to my heart. Earlier this year, I called several scilon outposts and asked, "Do you have a food pantry for the needy?" NOBODY WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. If you read "Science of Survival," LRH makes his opinion very clear on what to do with homeless people and others below 2 on the tone scale.

I like the idea to exploit this. Another thing to do would be to show up at a scilon outpost with a bag of canned food or used clothes to donate to the poor. Seeing what they would do with that would be a very funny you tube.

I've also asked them if they have ever volunteered for Habitat for Humanity. I had a face to face conversation with a scilon who looked disgusted at the question and wondered why I cared so much about building houses for poor people.

We know this "religion" is an ego-centric belief system. If I'm not homeless, who cares about those who are? I will do everything in my power to take care of myself at the expense of those around me.
  10. churchlady Member

Speaking of Habitat for Humanity, pm me if you want details on how to participate on an on-going project in the San Fernando Valley. Wouldn't it be fun to have anon day? It would be awfully hot in masks, thought.
  11. musketeerwang Member

The homeless would be below 1:1 on the Tone Scale I would think. Waiting for death as far as scilons are concerned. Moreover, they not only lack money - they lack the ability to obtain credit of any kind. So they are of no interest whatsoever to Co$, and I doubt if individual scilons give them a second thought unless they are getting in their way.
  12. Lady.Nonymous Member

..maybe something we could add to the december protest? y/n
  13. vegnej Member

They don't even help out there so called fellow followers. I remember on several occasions giving money to Scilons for staying a night or two at their place, no compassion just money in fact in one case i remember thinking it would of been cheaper to stay in a hotel. The so called exhange policy !!
  14. Deetinator Member

That's disgusting. We should bring food and water for the homeless to our protests.
  15. **zero** Member

The very idea...

This boils my blood.... I cant even articulate how angry this makes me. Not only do they abuse their own members for the supposed sake of clearing the world (or at the very least making this place better by the time they leave it) make more money than ANY of us will ever see, and they choose to neglect those who have been forsaken, who have been forgotten. Even ANONYMOUS is not forsaking the cause of helping to save the forsaken, and they don't even give a damn.
  16. basil Member

Certainly in London, we have tended to have a stack of food, drinks etc for sharing out amongst the protesting anons at the big raids, and on several occasions homeless people have wandered over asking if they could have something, and we've gladly given them some cake, biscuits, pringles, KFC or whatever - there's more than enough to go round, and why shouldn't we help our fellow man?
  17. Optimisticate Member

A non-scilon city I lived in about 10 years ago decided to solve its homeless problem by making it illegal to sleep in the park across from the governor's mansion. What St. Pete did was cruel, but not unusual.

An Anonymous food/clothing drive for December would be good, with all proceeds going to a local family shelter would be a Good Thing.

Anonymous never forgets....the homeless.
    Scientology does.
  18. nomnompie Member

To expand on this idea for Dec would be great. Especially since this will probably be a very crappy holiday season for many families.

Let's see the douchebag scilons fair game anons that are collecting donations of goods for struggling families or toys for kids.
  19. DeMiNe0 Member

New York CoS calls the police ANYTIME we are out there. Imagine what they would do when homeless start to camp on their doorstep....

Or even better. We stand outside, taking donations for the homeless for food ect, or we're handing out food to the homeless... "Hello? Yes, there are Terrorist outside our church giving food to the homeless. Something needs to be done about this!"
  20. **zero** Member

HOLY SHIT THIS!!!

There are different ways to do this. Maybe along with a christmas theme we could also have a "compassion" theme as well, where we donate a little bit to the local food banks in the local areas. Local areas who cannot contact their area can also have donations to another charity that will support some of the homeless in their time of need. We not only help the poor and broken, but we can protest the COS at the same time.

21. Jews rule, and Gentiles drool, keep up the good work!
  22. -1 OR 2+624-624-1=0+0+0+1 --
  23. -1 OR 2+871-871-1=0+0+0+1
  24. -1' OR 2+262-262-1=0+0+0+1 --
  25. -1' OR 2+975-975-1=0+0+0+1 or 'k84gfvTC'='
  26. -1" OR 2+295-295-1=0+0+0+1 --
  27. if(now()=sysdate(),sleep(9),0)/*'XOR(if(now()=sysdate(),sleep(9),0))OR'"XOR(if(now()=sysdate(),sleep(9),0))OR"*/
  28. (select(0)from(select(sleep(9)))v)/*'+(select(0)from(select(sleep(9)))v)+'"+(select(0)from(select(sleep(9)))v)+"*/
  29. -1; waitfor delay '0:0:3' --
  30. -1); waitfor delay '0:0:3' --
  31. -1)); waitfor delay '0:0:6' --
  32. 1 waitfor delay '0:0:6' --
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.