Customize

"Scientology: A Look at Criticism and How It's Handled"

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Relyt, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Relyt Member

"Scientology: A Look at Criticism and How It's Handled"

I made sort of this mini-doc, for a class, about criticism against Scientology, by taking clips of video I've taken since May and added commentary for those who are clueless about Scientology. It's focused mainly on criticism and counter reactions by Scientologists, and not so much on Scientology itself, but does explains why the Scientologists do some things, etc.

This version is only 66 mb while the original file is over 2 gb, but I think the quality still came out decent.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/2488492]Scientology: A Look at Criticism and How It's Handled on Vimeo[/ame]

Thoughts?
  2. 3rdMan Member

Re: "Scientology: A Look at Criticism and How It's Handled"

Very nice documentry, sir.
  3. Snake Member

Not your best clips overall
  4. Anonymoux Member

thus spake snake
    (bump for others to see)
  5. Relyt Member

I had more I put in there, but the instructor wanted the finals to be rather short, and mine was still one of the longer ones. I thought the best stuff to use would be the ones on a) how protests happen, and b) how Scientologists react to criticism. There were a few good ones about things Scientologists did, such as sidewalk blockage, but it kind of strayed from the main subject of the videos. I suppose I could have said that the sidewalk blockage had to do with blocking the visibility of protesters from those inside, but I'd probably stray off and talk about how the streets are blocked off for non-Scientologist residents as well. I guess it's good that I kept it short and sweet and to the point.

A suggestion given to me for improvement was to put captions at the bottom as to what some of the people were saying. It sounded pretty clear to me (most of it), but I suppose others get lost between words.

But since you mentioned that, I had been thinking of making a much longer compilation of "best of" moments, some time in the future.
  6. Optimisticate Member

A+
  7. mickturate Member

link: doesn't
  8. Re: "Scientology: A Look at Criticism and How It's Handled"

It done its job, kept me interested until the end etc.

BTW, you got a grade for it yet?
  9. xenubarb Member

Nice work, relyt. It's a good overview, would be something to show people during raids. It is said my new mp3 player can show videos. I should look into that. This would be a good one to carry; it's short, but complete as far as an overview. Nice work!

What did your class think? Have they seen it yet?
  10. Relyt Member

My class seemed interested... one guy was like "Wow.... I had no idea they reacted that way!"

And no, haven't received a grade yet.