Customize

Scientologists request dismissal in Headley case

Discussion in 'Marc Headley v. Church of Scientology Internationa' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Scientologists request dismissal in Headley case

Yes, they can be appealed, and often are.
    It's a common trait of people who are in the middle of litigation.
  2. Anonymous Member

IANAL but as far as i know, the Clerk of the Court is the one that files in Pacer

the Pacer SS (http://i44.tinypic.com/11se3cg.jpg) says: "MINUTES (IN CHAMBERS) by Judge Dale S. Fisher: Granting Defendant's Motion for Partial Summary Judgment. (mg) (Entered: 4/02/2010)

looks real to me, but i guess we will have to wait til monday to know for sure
  3. Anonymous Member

Really? We are bombarded with and very much love that the Headley/deCrescenzohowdoyouspellhernamei'lljusttypeherfirstname Laura trio have lawlsuits, but the Headley's go silent if something doesn't go their way? ffs just tell us. We'll be appropriately pissed and send cyber condolences to them. Help harpoon if need be. Yes some of us will laugh, but some of us are crazy.

IANAL but even I'm pretty sure that it's not going to hurt their case to tell us if the cult won a dismissal against them.
  4. xenubarb Member

When did ex-members become OG? Just asking cuz I might have to update the rolls.
  5. Anonymous Member

Oxymoron.

They didn't do shit until we came along and they are doing stuff now only cuz they are riding our bandwagon *cough*mark rathbun*cough*
  6. tikk Member

Someone alerted me to the thread, and I checked PACER and it's definitely for real, not that there was much doubt just looking at the document on scribd.

In short, the decision states that Claire performed "religious work" and thus Scientology's ministerial exception defense was applicable, rendering her labor law claim invalid. This is a huge blow to the case because the Court barely discusses the issue, except to mention that it found as much on the basis of her signing a billion year contract, performing "auditing and cramming," and "held positions based on religious criteria." The Court barely lifts a finger in finding as much, which is somewhat disturbing because the issue is definitely closer than it suggests.

This ends Claire's labor law claim, but does not disturb her discrimination and human trafficking claims. I have to figure they filed a similar summary judgment motion with regard to Marc's labor law claim (I forget and don't have the time to research it), but recall that Marc's position at Gold was very different from Claire's so there's realistic hope that it survives if it didn't already survive. I'll try to poke around later and figure out where things stand.
  7. Anonymous Member

ffffuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk :(
  8. RightOn Member

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
  9. anonamus Member

Thanks for the info, Tikk.
    That sux! :((
  10. Anonymous Member

sux
    I am disappointed in the kinds of protection the mafia receives from the government. Read a bible in public school, get detention. Sign some non-sense piece of paper, lose all your rights to all the work you did for decades. Makes the democracy look half-ass-ed.
  11. Anonymous Member

Can it be tiem for plan /b/

supremecourtanons1024.jpg
  12. Triumph Member

"Documents Archive" is the name of the poster of the document on Scribd
    alot of Anti-Marty Anti-Freezoner/Independant-Anti-Anonymous documents posted by the user. some things from the Laura Decrescenzo Case, and Barry Van Sickle

you can check the user "Documents Archive" history here

Documents Archive | Scribd

wait for a press release from a reputable source before you jump on this bandwagon.

The same account(Documents Archive) is also fond of posting comments on anti-scientology documents on scribd and $hitting out RFW links
  13. Anonymous Member

lrn2lurk

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...gists-request-dismissal-headley-case-64869/3/

tikk IS a reputable source

QFT
  14. Anonymous Member

wheres the document from PACER or a link that shows the case?
  15. tikk Member

I stated upthread that the document posted on scribd was legitimate, regardless of who placed it there.

I downloaded the decision from PACER myself, though, and uploaded at the below address, along with another recent stipulation (between the attorneys for both sides) regarding discovery and scheduling, which is of some interest. I'm not going to keep these up there for long though.

Index of /entheta
  16. Anonymous Member

Thanks, Tikk!

Contents of Index of /entheta:

• headley-claire_04-02-10_decision-re-defs-sj-motion.pdf
    • headley_03-24-10_stipulation-re-discovery.pdf
  17. Anonymous Member

Don't people in California get April 2nd, Easter Friday off? Were they paying someone lots of overtime to file paperwork?
  18. Holl Anon Member

Easter's not a state or federal holiday anywhere in the U.S.
  19. Anonymous Member

Where I live every state, county and city employee got Friday off. No courts were open. Federal doesn't recognize it though.
  20. Anonymous Member

And neither is Good Friday.
    Though, a national holiday to celebrate deicide would be pretty awesome.
  21. Re: Scientologists request dismissal in Headley case

Thank you for saving me the trouble of looking it up, tikk. That is too bad, it's not the end of the case (by any stretch), but it gives Scientology some momentum going into the trial, alas.
  22. Anonymous Member

Same judge? :/

If he's inclined to grant sweeping motions of this sort without much reflection,
    it's not a good sign.
  23. Anonymous Member

Interesting that someone from RFW is watching the boards.

Just so they know, we don't have all of our eggs in one basket. We've been going after every front with lulz for all.

And we've got one thing on our side that guarantees us win after win.

What's that? David Miscavige is your leader and no one in Scientology has the balls to take him on. We actually like that abusive son of a bitch being in charge of Scientology. We are going to use him, his abuses, and his lies to run Scientology into the ground.

Your own people see the mismanagement and lies about upstat statistics. His name is getting plastered on just about every news site around.

And you are helpless to do anything about it, because you are all not at cause. You are at effect, of Scientology. And Scientology is at effect of David Miscavige. And there isn't a thing you weak little scared effete pansies can do about it. He's going to take you down with him.
  24. The VK Member

This!

Also that sux.
  25. anonamus Member

Him, and Tommy Davis.
    They deliver!
    They do not forget
    to deliver
    footbullet after footbullet after footbullet aft..

In the past couple years, media has awakened, largely thanks to anonymous efforts. When media awakens, politicians and the law will too. It's inevitable.
  26. Anonymous Member

Why is Ginsberg the only one without a mask? It can't because she is a chick...as there are two chicks on the Supreme Court.
  27. Anonymous Member

You have to admit the whole reason that Tommy Davis looks like shit in the media is because he's trying to defend the pile of shit that is David Miscavige.

He looks like Baghdad Bob every time.

There is no way Anonymous could take down Scientology on it's own. For us to take them down requires the concerted failure of David Miscavige & his bumbling brown noser Tommy Davis.

Not a single "OT" in all of Scientology has the courage, will or power to call a halt to it. What more proof do we need that there are no OTs in Scientology. For us, this is quiet simply a delicious desert.
  28. anonamus Member

What will put an end to Scn, is it's own criminal, unethical, scamming and disgusting behavior. Every regime in history -(Scn is kind of a regime in its own little cult-univers I think) - with these charateristics, will go down the drain sooner or later.
    But it sure is nice DM & TD are doing such a good job flushing the cult.

I really hope this dismissal order won't affect Marc's case. I trust that he and his lawyers are doing an excellent job with both cases.
  29. anonakatie Member

Not to be a grammar nazi, but "its" as a possessive does not have an apostrophe. So for example, "Scientology is out of its frigging mind", not "it's"

It's=it is, it's not possessive.

Seeing it for the 50th millionth time here suddenly caught up to me and drove me to distraction.

I feel better now. :)
  30. Anonymous Member

Lots of rhetoric in response here, and no substance. Did I just happen upon RFW forums by mistake?

Early on an anonymous poster suggested a self-imposed gag is possibly in place and something epic is expected next week. No idea if this is just a load of old blowhard or whether it is really anything solid and directly related to the ruling reported here.
    Rather than waste keystrokes, I will give benefit of doubt and wait. Bracing for epic or damp squib.
    Use predictions of epicness wisely. Note that simply filing something with zooomg werds to a court clerk is not epic. Getting a favourable ruling for the Headleys (and for possible future claimants) on something previously filed by whoever, could be epic.
  31. anonamus Member

Grammar nazi!
    ;-)
    Ok, but engrish iz not my ferst language.
    What drives me crazy, is native UKfags and americafags messing around with wrong use of "their", "there" , "they're" ...! LOL.
  32. Random guy Member

OK, first round to the cult, several more to go. Quit bawing and get entubulating!
  33. Anonymous Member

Retard. Tikk is OG...you want him to go away and not help out like he does?
  34. jensting Member

LOL

Ex-members, OG. It's all the same to OSA

Tough luck on that one decision, pretty sure it's not the last one.

Best regards

Jens
  35. Anonymous Member

Tommy is our leader, remember? Keep it quiet.
  36. Optimisticate Member

37. Zak McKracken Member

38. whoever Member

Really! Might as well just go read RFW.
  39. timthephoto Member

yeah, don't believe anything on prweb, there's an article on the that says Narconon is the most effective blah blah.. i wonder who has a $a-few-hundred to plaster BS on that site?
  40. Zak McKracken Member

Meanwhile, Joel Phillips is loving this thread because it makes him feel "at cause".