Customize

Scientologists plan Aussie ad blitz

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Sponge, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Sponge Member

Scientologists plan Aussie ad blitz

Scientologists plan Aussie ad blitz - mUmBRELLA

snippet....
    They must be expecting some bad news. More bad news I mean.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Scientologists plan Aussie ad blitz

I think all this publicity and vanity media blitz crap is DM's way of patting himself on the back for having such a big cult - I'm sure he loves seeing his cult in the headlines.
  3. Anonymous Member

More of the cults money down the drain.
    Even their own PR hurts them and helps us.
  4. Anonymous Member

Bring it on, Miscavige!
  5. Anonymous Member

DM has one throbbing huge cult!
  6. Zhent Member

Interesting news, I'll be sure to keen an eye on this.
  7. Anonymous Member

Maybe we should get on-board with their advertising efforts with sayings like:

Scientology is the hugest, throbbing cult in the world!
  8. Anonymous Member

Spend moar money Davey. Spend. Spend. Spend.

Also, once they start airing the ads, it would be a good moment for Edward McBride's family to reappear down under in response to the ads. Can you imagine his brother being asked to respond to the ads by Aussie news media. If I remember right he raeg quit WPP but someone must know how to poon him.
  9. The Moon Member

What makes Scientology expansion unique is that it includes both length and width.
  10. Anonymous Member

I must remember to get some reading glasses. For a moment I though that said "clit". But then again...
  11. grumpus Member

I swear, Sponge is a sleepless internets-monitoring machine. I don't think he's powered down since at least 2005.

281zacx.jpg
  12. WagTheWog Member

Noice.
  13. Anonymous Member

Or he uses google news alerts.

Wasn't that creepy looking xenophon guy supposed to start round 2 of his efforts in february? Maybe they want to preempt that?
  14. Belladonna Member

15. Sponge Member

Nah, I just follow Belladonna around for my copypasta when she's on a roll. It's much easier :).
    This is better than googlenews: Scientology-related news from all over the Web

Anyway....

Going by the mUmBRELLA report, which is a very light on factual content, it could be that the cult just doesn't quite know what to expect or precisely when to expect it. There is great potential for them to spend money on a series of almighty footbullets of fail.
    I can't see them shooting specific reactionary propaganda and trying ram it down people's throats, especially not Australians, unless they've really lost the plot.
    They might just be intending to roll out ozzyfied versions of those polished american adverts.... which would be pretty lulzy enough.

Anything they do would seem rather disproportionate. The cost for a national TV/cinema ad campaign would far outweigh the amount of money they could ever claw back, from the diminishing number of dumb enough scientologists left in Australia, for some considerable time (especially when they've got Idle Orgs to build). Who said scientology was logical though, especially with a big fat war chest and when fighting for its life on a whole continent.
  16. xenubarb Member

They will repeat what has worked for them in the past. The long gone past, when Jeff Hawkins so masterfully launched an effective ad campaign. Back when Scientology still had some talent in-house.

Today, they face a different arena. Sure, they can still hurl crap onto the media wall to see what sticks, but these days, everything will be challenged; via Twitter, social networking pages, blogs and other venues, many of which eventually seep into mainstream news programs if only as offbeat filler.

All of which means that the recent spate of negative publicity aimed at Scientology by Senator Lord Xeno and the exes speaking out will have reached the Australian public, and the inaccuracies and outright lies we can expect from Scilon PR machine is bound to be questioned and challenged.

And if it's not, we can help them with that!

Anonymous works, and it informs people.
  17. basil Member

Australian advertising you say?

18. Anonymous Member

19. Belladonna Member

So my seductive plan is working?
  20. Re: Scientologists plan Aussie ad blitz

21. JohnnyRUClear Member

Oooo, I've got it! Here's the pitch for David Miscavige -- the tiny tyrant of Hemet, California -- to use:

Scientology
    It's not that bad.
  22. anonhuff Member

Scientology
    Don't want to join us? Well then, how is your dog doing?

Scientology
    Tiny leader, large crimes.

Scientology
    Funneling your tax dollars overseas since 1953.

Scientology
    Explosive growth! [size=-4]just don't actually research that claim[/SIZE]
  23. Re: Scientologists plan Aussie ad blitz

Scientology
    We really are a religion!*

"32. Religious cloaking was intentionally used to help organized scientology make money
    and to avoid compliance with a myriad of laws that would otherwise apply if it was not
    so considered. The use of scholars to say scientology was a religion or organized
    scientology was a religious organization was carefully planned and executed to forward
    the cover of the religious cloaking.
    33. The entire corporate reorganization of 1981 on was to hide assets from
    litigants/governments and to protect those secretly running organized scientology from
    legal liability
    34. Much has been done under Miscavige to hide the truth including the vetting or
    destruction of files that showed Hubbard and he was in control. This was similar to the
    mass vetting and removal of files throughout the GO after the FBI raids in the late 1970s
    to hide the fact that Hubbard was really running the GO. Miscavige constantly ordered
    coverups of the truth even extending to the killing of a biography on L Ron Hubbard
    written by Omar Garrison which Miscavige wanted destroyed as it contained
    embarrassing truths about Hubbard. On orders of Miscavige I and Vaughn Young and
    three of Hubbard’s attorneys negotiated the rights to this book with Omar Garrison and
    his attorney. I then brought the book over to Author Services and gave it to Norman
    Starkey for Miscavige so that it could be killed and never get out. It was entitled: “L. Ron
    Hubbard, His Life, His Loves and His Letters.
    35. Countless abuses have been carried out by Miscavige and the people he controls in
    OSA after he was able to hide behind those corporate veils and religious cloaking
    "
  24. Obi-Wan-anon Member

"...the campaign is being planned but said it was dependent on the campaign receiving funding from the US..."

What, the orgs have no money in their budget for ads?

Well, don't worry, Aussies - we know that Scientology sends their checks out on time.
  25. Timmibal Member

If tv dickwads here in oz are wimpy enough to pull a cricket season ad, purely because of some butthurt from the other side of the planet (Who don't even comprehend the context, btw) then I'm sure no effort will be needed to pull the $cilon ads.