Customize

Scientologist Lovs the Holy Quran - Kansas City Postgame September 11, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by anonsoulless, Sep 11, 2010.

1. anonsoulless Member

Scientologist Lovs the Holy Quran - Kansas City Postgame September 11, 2010

In Kansas City we don't normally bother to make a postgame thread unless something interesting happens.

Today we were protesting like usual when when a guy walks out of the org wearing a sign.

His sign read "I LOV THE HOLY QURAN" on the front and "ISLAM IS PEACE" on the back. For those of you who don't pay attention to U.S. news, have some context. Also be aware that this happened on the anniversary of the world trade center attacks. My initial reaction was "so has anyone ever seen Die Hard 3?"

He talked with passersby and was on his cell phone a good deal of the time. He didn't engage us in conversation for a while, but we shouted tasteful things at him over megaphone.

After a while he left down the street then came back to talk to us.

This is our conversation, sorry for poor quality:

He wasn't ever aggressive or unfriendly. You might get that impression because of the poor video quality, but he was a pretty good sport about the whole thing.

After he talked to us he went back inside the org.

Others may have better video than I, but it probably won't be around for a day or two.
  2. RightOn Member

Re: Scientologist Lovs the Holy Quran - Kansas City Postgame September 11, 2010

Did the guy in the leather jacket and the white shirt have to pee? tee hee

Intersting vid of an unusal occurance
  3. anonsoulless Member

It certainly appeared that way from where I was standing.
    Yes. I don't know if he was a Scientologist who actually was also a Muslim and hadn't done OT3, or if he was just trolling.
  4. Permanoob Member

That preacher with the funny mustache is getting a lot of press by being an international embarrassment.

They must be trying to do the same thing.

After two years they can't think we would step into an obvious trap like that can they?
    That would just be retarded.
  5. Triumph Member

fyi in case some of you missed it. NoI (Nation of Islam) members are being asked to take dianetics courses..quite a few are.
  6. anonsoulless Member

I'm not entirely sure how they expected us to act.

Maybe they were trying to make us look like as crazy as Terry Jones, or maybe they were trying to make it look like he was one of us and that the anons were also Muslims. I can't say for sure. Maybe he really was interested in talking about Islam, though if this were the case I would think that he would have taken more care making his sign.
  7. anonsoulless Member

He was wearing a red hat with a star and crescent, but there doesn't appear to be a Kansas City chapter of the NOI.
  8. Triumph Member

they have study groups scattered across the country..there dosen't necessarily have to be a Mosque near by...there may be several hundred NoI followers in the KC area..out of those a few will answer the call of MLF and beat a path to the nearest Org..and get some Dianetics hogwash...
  9. anonsoulless Member

Right. An NoI follower is a distinct possibility. Though I would have thought that a person who was honestly interested in talking about Islam would, as I said already, have taken more care making his sign (love has an E). Also there are plenty of places with way more foot traffic than in front of the org within walking distance. That wolud be a better place to engage people than where he was standing.
  10. Anonymous Member

Good.
    NOI is classified as a hate group by U.S. intelligence agencys (CIA, FBI, et. al)
    And Islam (the real religion) considers them a scam.

If you read the NOI "theology" it makes LRH look like King David.
    (David from the old testament was a talented poet, L. Ron was at least some kind of writer but the NOI stuff was written by an ignorant convict)

Example: White people were invented by a scientist 6,000 years ago by breeding albinos with other albinos. Even the primitives who wrote the Koran and the Bible knew thats not how things work. Since they were mostly farmers after all.
  11. Anonymous Member

KC, I am disappoint. The United Nation of Islam was founded in Kansas City, Kansas. Yes, it's across the state line, but srsly...

United Nation of Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google for moar dox.
  12. anonsoulless Member

Read the article. The United Nation of Islam is not the Nation of Islam.
  13. Anonymous Member

None of them are worth bothering with. they teach a pile of nonsense that makes Hubbard look smart.
    Other black American racist groups (Five percenters, ten percenters, (google it)) will be around but the NOI is (IMHO) just to crazy to survive long.
  14. anonsoulless Member

He didn't seem to mind speaking to a gaggle of white people who were yelling things about human trafficing into a megaphone at him.

I'd even say he was trying to be friendly.
  15. Anonymous Member

They are an offshoot, and I did read the article. There are other articles re: Farrakhan and KC. But, I am sure it was just a friendly troll strolling out of the org on Main...
  16. Anonymous Member

A black man friendly to a gaggle of white people? That sounds either racist, redneck or both.

You have a mullet? y/n
  17. anonsoulless Member

My point is there is no reason to believe that the UNoI members would be taking dianetics courses since they aren't the same as the NoI.
    Read what I quoted. I was responding to him to say that race wasn't a factor.
  18. Triumph Member

he came off as good natured..
  19. Anonymous Member

What are they trying to do, suck up to the Muslims because of the unholy depiction of Mohammad in the Scientology video?
  20. Anonymous Member

Founding a coalition of "religions" that are "oppressed" just because they are violent extremists sociopaths?
  21. Re: Scientologist Lovs the Holy Quran - Kansas City Postgame September 11, 2010

Don't underestimate people's capacity to believe totally irrational things.
  22. Anonymous Member

this is so dump i cant expect your are not form americunt
  23. anonsoulless Member

wat
  24. never Member

lol.
  25. Just dancing the whiles away, hahaha.

26. RightOn Member

Scientology also loves Pentecostal Ministers too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCRV-P4FNg]YouTube - Meet A Scientologist: Ted, Pentecostal Minister[/ame]

comments are open
  27. Ann O'Nymous Member

Interesting.
  28. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Also: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. That is why Celebs believe in Scientology and KSW.
  29. ravenanon Member

and you win for oddest protest occurrence for Sept

congrats on a good protest
  30. Anonymous Member

At least leader of the UNoI hasn't been co-opted into shilling dianetics to his flock for some side income.

Chances are pretty good that Brother Michael Muhammed is NoI. A couple of weeks ago, when Farrakhan gave his loyal officers the choice to either get on Dianetics or GTFO small groups of these loyal officers have been turning up at numerous org's around the country. I think yours might have been the first to turn up wearing a sandwich board. Extra points!

So yeah, at this stage he's likely to be just as adamantly "not a Scientologist" as the org is going to be about convincing him that Dianetics is somehow separate from Scientology.

It remains to be seen whether or not Scientology is really even interested in getting their hooks into this group. Keeping them on course as "Dianeticists" or whatever can provide a steady enough income stream to allow org staff to finally see a bit of upstat for a change. Those in the NoI that could afford a trip up the bridge aren't going to be an easy sell, they're busy enough with their own cult. If those that can't afford the trip start disappearing into the Sea Org, Farrakhan isn't going to be at all pleased.

Strange bedfellows are strange.
  31. never Member

He also claimed to have no idea what Dianetics was, so w/e *shrug*