Customize

Scientologist Brent Jones running for Nevada Senate District 9

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Oh lawd don't they ever. They preach, they evangelize, they proselytize, as do some scientologists also. Scientology disseminates. It's a subtle difference, and no, scientology doesn't have a lock on dissemination either, it's just an approach that suits their "clear the planet" world view. An approach that free's them from having to engage in tedious religious discourse just to push the product.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

I had Herro's Witnesses at the door last Sunday. They wanted to discuss this big book they were toting around with them.
  3. RightOn Member

oh dear
    I didn't think I would have to explain myself when I said that no others push their beliefs on other people.
    Of course they do. duh
    But they don't hide what religion they are a part of or use front groups to do it. They are proud to say what their religion is.
    And I was talking about politicians and people in government posititions. Not the general population.
    You all must know how a Scientologist would push their agenda in a political setting?
    They would hide behind front groups and the word Scientology is never seen. Like Applied Scholastics, or push funding of a tutoring program for schools that uses the tech, the CCHR and Drug Programs (Narconon) and more. Or perhaps ok an L Ron Hubbard day.
    I think it was in a "Piece of Blue Sky" that spoke about Scientologists being placed in various positions in the government ? And they were placed there for very specific reasons. To keep KSW.

I guess one could ask Yvone Schick (spelling?) if the church ever instructed/suggested her to push Scientology agenda under a front group name or any other way while she held her position.
    But I guess she may not want to incriminate herself or admit to it even if she did. She is still into Scientology with the Indies as far as I know and has joined Marty's bunch.
  4. Anonymous Member

I'm okay with being an irrational zealot.
  5. Anonymous Member

Especially if you get the upgrades.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

When replying to herro always defend, never attack.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Herro Member

BOSS 'TOSS
  8. Herro Member

And yet the guy this thread is about has stated publicly that he is a Scientologist...
  9. Starting Now!!!!!!!

Brent Jones on Las Vegas Conservative Talk Radio this Morning! He is getting out there to address the Raul Lopez case!!!

KDWN 720 AM the Alan Stock Show. Tune in and maybe ask a few questions!

And remember this guy has endorsed good ol Brent Jones according to BJ's Facebook page!

http://alanstock.com/

http://kdwn.com/alan-stock
  10. No! the leader of Sharron Angle's losing campaign to Harry Reid was Mari St. Martin's husband, Jack St. Martin, a National Republican Senatorial Committee operative who was sent here from Washington after Angle won the Primary to "help" Sharron Angle. You can thank Jack for getting Harry Reid re-elected by voting for his wife. After all, we need some more RINOs in the Nevada Senate, right?
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. What is a RINO? Is that some kind of crazy Tea Party talk?

Please take your tea party crazy someplace else. There are real victims of Scientology and Raul Lopez is one. The fact that you seem to want to support someone who took advantage of a mentally handicapped person for Scientology is disgusting. What is wrong with people like you? Seek some help my friend.
  12. Anonymous Member

I'll be sure to send Jack a thank you note.
  13. Anonymous Member

RINO=republican in name only.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ha!! I knew it had to be some kind of weird code for those folks. I guess the Rabbi is not going to defend his candidate defrauding the mentally ill. Obviously we are dealing with a guy or gal with a very, very low IQ.
  15. Anonymous Member

Did he say anything supportive of Brent?
    Is it possible that he doesn't liek Mari/Jack without actually lieking Brent Jones?

Are all Anonymous required to support Harry Reid just because he once ran against a frootloop pusher for Narconon?
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

A cultist running for office is a cultist running for office. Put (D) or (R) next to their name, it's of no importance. This isn't a matter of left or right politics.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Early voting started, so make sure to go out and vote for Mari.
    No one wants someone in office who scams people for money. We have enough of that in the white house, we don't need it in our state.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. anon walker Moderator

Dude, really? Nevada, the "House Always Wins State." You should put that on your license plates.

White House, really? That's a bit "beam in your eye-ish," dont you think?
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Anonymous Member

Scientology and Ostrich Eggs in Nevada Race

This is a stupid move. Website still on. If he survive this in any way, he will have one more devastating record. Anyway, who would vote for someone crook or dumb enough to have an ostrich farm? What's going on with this disabled man other than trying to sell him something? And will you vote for a Scientologist who have to observe their own justice system? That do not report child abuse?
  20. DeathHamster Member

• Brained December 21, 2000, Ron Russell, New Times Los Angeles
    "spurious rumor", my ass!
  21. muldrake Member

Tony Ortega put weeks, if not months of work into that article, and it is meticulously researched. If that moron swindler Brent Jones takes someone to court over the allegations in that article, he will lose bigtime. I doubt he will even survive summary judgment.

None of the allegations on the website appear to differ from those in Tony Ortega's original article, and the site is merely a front-end to the online version of the article. The site maintainers are protected under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, and even an Arizona court is likely to follow the California precedent holding republishers harmless. Barrett v. Rosenthal, 40 Cal.4th 33, 146 P.3d 510, 51 Cal.Rptr.3d 55 (Cal. Sup. Ct., November 20, 2006).

Notably, the original article by Tony Ortega is from 2000. It is clearly well-sourced and sources are cited scrupulously. Such a lawsuit would be so meritless as to constitute a SLAPP suit. Arizona, like many other states, has a strong SLAPP statute which shifts attorney's fees to the losing party in such a suit. Considering Jones would be using such a suit to gain an advantage against a political opponent, who is exercising the highly protected right to political speech, I think there's a very good argument such a suit would be pimp-SLAPPed out of existence within weeks or even days, in any event, quite possibly soon enough to screw any chances he ever had (if any) to get elected.

I wish this swindling moron luck in his kook suit. May he get all the justice he deserves.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

And then some guy called Ron Russell signed his name to it. :cool:
  23. muldrake Member

Oops! I must have been confusing it with this article by Tony Ortega, from roughly the same time period and in a different New Times, the Phoenix New Times. I really remembered Ortega writing this one, too.

I guess I should stop trusting my memory of things 13 years ago. In any event, the article is old enough that any libel action against the original author is long barred by the statute of limitations. Considering Brent Jones's total inaction over the intervening time period, he's going to have a tough time arguing the republisher acted unreasonably in relying on a well-researched article.
  24. DeathHamster Member

Well, you know, that's why I decided to start this database thing of news articles...
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Zak McKracken Member

yet another amazing modern invention Hubbard never predicted,
    never understood, and never left any roadmap for utilizing after he croaked.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  26. Zak McKracken Member

What are the odds that Scientology has an equivalent of
    http://truthaboutscientology.com/ with accurate intel from distributed sources, on their critics?

or is it mostly a bunch of paper files in a bunch of bins in a bunch of offices,
    staffed by people who all mutually hate each other?
  27. Anonymous Member

I would guess the odds that the cult has someone, somewhere, who has figured out dbase software to the extent of keeping records of critics, protesters, etc., to be pretty high.
  28. Zak McKracken Member

Is it available to anyone outside DM's own private circle?

Is there any evidence that (ex.) OSA actions the world over are guided by anything beyond phone calls and email?
    Stats are so closely guarded, and "data" is so precious yet so.... risky.

Would Love to hear from any recent exes.
  29. another123 Member

Lawsuits, Ostrich Eggs, Nonexistent mailing addresses. Yep, there's a Scientologist running in Nevada.
    LVJ: Colorful race emerges in Senate District 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. DeathHamster Member

Could we get some clarification as to what "poked a cop" means? Was there a typo, was that "porked a cop"?
  31. anon walker Moderator

That's what is so damned funny...denial of incidents completely recorded and documented. Does he think no one will bother to verify his claims? Article states that he did have a California ostrich ranch at the same time this fraud happened.

Perhaps Tortega would like to respond to these allegations that this is all just an unpleasant rumor spread by his opponent? Cuz, yanno, that would be funny.

We both remember this shit from when it was happening. We were outraged at the callousness of these Scientologists scamming a disabled man.

"They passed him around like a teenaged girl at a Hells Angels' party."

That about sums it up.
  32. Anonymous Member

Mr. Jones is frequently seen holding a bottle of his Real Water product at photo ops. That just seems like the silliest name ever for a product. Like there is fake water.
  33. another123 Member

FOX25 Smear campaign labels Nevada candidate 'party girl' [VIDEO]
    Battle of the websites
    A website stirring controversy before Nevada's state Senate District Nine primary labels Republican Mari St. Martin as a "party girl" and her opponent, Brent Jones, a "business leader."
    The website, MariStMartin.net, claims the candidate's only experience is "her propensity to party hearty," and shows multiple photos of an obviously younger St. Martin socializing and drinking.
    "I know that they were Photoshopped. I know that they were altered and I know that they were cropped," St. Martin told FOX5, adding that the photos were at least 5 years old and were likely taken from the Internet.

"Mr. Jones has to hide behind illegal, fake PACs," she said, referring to Republicans United.
    St. Martin is also standing behind a negative website [www.realbrentjones.com] against Jones that was paid for by "Friends of Mari St. Martin." The site claims Jones convinced a mentally disabled man to pay $30,000 for an ostrich egg business.
    Jones told FOX5 he has filed a slander lawsuit against St. Martin stemming from that claim.
    [more]

Also: Courthouse News
    Scientology and Ostrich Eggs in Nevada Race

A Nevada state Senate hopeful has taken to court to fight allegations that he conned a disabled man into buying two $30,000 ostrich eggs for the Church of Scientology.
    Brent Jones says the spurious rumor appeared on a website called RealBrentJones.com.
    "Did Brent Jones talk a mentally disabled man into giving up $30,000 for Brent's ostrich egg business," the website asks.
    As readers scroll down, they are presented with purported passages from a New Times Los Angeles article about the alleged fraud on Raul Lopez.
    This Dec. 21, 2000, article says Jones and Lopez were both Scientologists. It claims Lopez had won $1.7 million settling claims over a car accident that left him mentally impaired. Lopez and his mother sued Jones, the Church of Scientology and others over the alleged egg fraud, according to the website, which links to the case caption in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
    [more]

• Like Like x 1
  34. DeathHamster Member

Brent Jones, "business leader"? Barf! Ex-lawyer, a failed ostrich farmer, and a company re-selling bottled tap water with added magickal jizz.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. muldrake Member

Yes, that's where I found out I was wrong. You should probably put it in your sig or something, since it's fairly low in Google rankings for how phenomenally useful it is.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  36. JohnnyRUClear Member

Power has a tendency to attract the very sort of people who should not get it. This guy seems like a capital example.
  37. BRENT JONES FOR ASSEMBLY! HE IS BACK IN ACTION.

If you have forgotten who Brent Jones is here is a little refresher. He and the Church of Scientology stole money from a mentally handicapped man. This will remind you...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/51134707/BRAI ... logy-Story

Here is the story from a local station about the Republican Party in Nevada endorsing this criminal...

http://www.mynews3.com/mediacenter/loca ... ID=4942311

He lost two years ago for state senate in Nevada but he is going to keep spending money until he wins. Spread the word this guy is a horrible human being.
  38. REMEMBERRAUL Member

If you have forgotten who Brent Jones is here is a little refresher. He and the Church of Scientology stole money from a mentally handicapped man. This will remind you...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/51134707/BRAI ... logy-Story

Here is the story from a local station about the Republican Party in Nevada endorsing this guy...

http://www.mynews3.com/mediacenter/loca ... ID=4942311

He lost two years ago for state senate in Nevada but he is going to keep spending money until he wins. Spread the word people should know the truth about him and his history. No more Rauls!
  39. The Internet Member

The ostrich egg scammer?