Customize

Scientologist advertising

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by LearnToMove, Feb 2, 2011.

1. LearnToMove Member

On the platform at Connolly Station in Dublin, Ireland COS are advertising 'Personal Efficiency Courses'
    [IMG]
    Sorry for the poor quality.
    Under the pictures in the ad it says 'A course in Scientology' and in the bottom left is Scientology contact information. When I spotted this I almost ran over and ripped it down but I knew I'd just get arrested almost straight away as there is cctv all over the station and security two minutes away.

How can we stop these advertisements from luring people looking to work better into their trap? Should we remove them in the dead of night? What other options do we have?
  2. subgenius Member

3. Vandalism is not encouraged here.... so get that out of your head. (Protip: Don't mention illegal activities.)
    My Advice: Stage a flash raid, using the poster behind you to illustrate how they selectively tell you about their organisation. Hand out pamphlets talking about their lack of communication, to expose their hypocrisy. i.e. Include links to youtube vids where protesters are clearly asking to talk to the Scilons, and show Scilons avoiding them. Inform people about their sneaky tactics and hypocrisy.... The individual's research will do the rest
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LearnToMove Member

What kind of stickers? or just anything?
  5. LearnToMove Member

Alright thanks. I don't have much experience with anonymous and am not one for vandalism but at the time that's what I felt like doing.
  6. subgenius Member

Removable stickers, or even sticky notes with the comment of your imagination, could hardly qualify as vandalism, and would be quite effective.
    Do it. It feels good.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zak McKracken Member

Depends.
    Around here (San Diego) attaching anything to a public fixture with adhesive, is considered vandalism.
    Possibility of damaging the paint, maybe.

A card with no sticky - is OK.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. LearnToMove Member

I don't know if Ireland considers stickers vandalism or not.
  9. subgenius Member

Go with the least likely to be illegal, per Zak.
    But do something. Don't just jerk off about it endlessly.
    Satisfaction guaranteed, baby.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DeathHamster Member

No picture now.

Does the advertising look like it's officially approved and not just something that they stuck up without wog permission? Is there anyone you could ask about it?
  11. UMULAS Member

bring a mask on the cctv?
  12. anoninoob Member

place an informational poster next to theirs (not, I repeat NOT over theirs)
  13. Legion Member

Can't see the pic, allthough would it be possible to slide a card under the clear plastic that houses the ad? Assuming it is being housed in clear plastic, like most ads are here in the land of milkbags.

Also assuming that sliding a card in would not be considered vandalism, etc.
  14. Anonymous Member

Some "you found the card" ops might be effective where cult infiltration is a problem. I was in another part of the country on the rail, and found one last year. It was on the seat next to me, then I saw another ... I ended up talking to a group of 4 friends about Xenu, etc. It's good to know Anonymous is leaving cards in clever places. It works.
  15. Anonymous Member

could we hire the space next to it and put a big poster quoting Mr Justice Latey.
    "Scientology is both immoral and socially obnoxious...It is corrupt sinister and dangerous. It is corrupt because it is based on lies and deceit and has its real objective money and power for Mr. Hubbard... It is sinister because it indulges in infamous practices both to its adherents who do not toe the line unquestionably and to those who criticize it or oppose it. It is dangerous because it is out to capture people and to indoctrinate and brainwash them so they become the unquestioning captives and tools of the cult, withdrawn from ordinary thought, living, and relationships with others."
    -Mr Justice Latey, High Court, London, 1984

ps. this was not said in the old bailey - it was the family courts (old bailey is a criminal court - it doesn't hear family cases)
  16. Anonymous Member

17. pedrofcuk Member

18. xenubarb Member

LOL...felony scotch tape! Next time, we're using magnets! (how do they work?)
  19. Cheshirecat Member

Ok, so I took a look around the train stations of Dublin today. I couldn't see any trace of advertising at Connolly Station, however there was (as mentioned before) a big sign at Pearse Station. The sign is not accessible, and it is best if no vandalism is done to it. The best strategy (imo) is to use the link pedrofcuk posted and perhaps voice your opinion at our next protest outside the Scientology mission.
  20. Ahh! Iseewhatyoudidthar!
  21. LearnToMove Member

The platform you have to go underground to get to on the side facing out onto the street on the wall of a building there is a big bill board (the kind that can hold multiple advertisements and has multiple rotating triangular columns)

That is the exact advertisment but in a different place
  22. LearnToMove Member

I've put in a complaint through ASAI.ie I'll try to get others to put in complaints aswell hopefully if they get enough they will be removed
  23. Cheshirecat Member

Good man. I'll do the same.
  24. Anonymous Member

If you are making complaints make sure you make reference to which advertising codes apply.
  25. pedrofcuk Member

At this stage more people have complained about the ads than there are scientologists in Ireland, haha
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

I can't find any code that was violated by this ad. It wasn't misleading, it clearly identified the advertiser and the product was clearly identified.

I've sent off a complaint but I don't see it sticking.
  27. pedrofcuk Member

In what way is promising increase in ability, competence and happiness, improved confidence and security at work not misleading as co$ can produce none of those things and certainly not in one afternoon at a cost of 45 euro?
  28. Anonymous Member

Can anyone else not see the IMG?
  29. Anonymous Member

Misleading, yes. Illegal and against the advertising codes, no. The problem you have is that these claims are entirely subjective and thus unenforceable.

It was their earlier. If you have a short memory you can look up the PEC on the Dublin scifag website.
  30. pedrofcuk Member

...yes but, oh fuck it! *screams*
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Demented LRH Member

Luckily for the world, CoS cannot advertise the Dianatics book effectively -- their Dianetics commercials are totally unrelated to the book's content. I think they follow stupid rules of advertisement designed by Hubbard, although I have not seen such rules.
  32. Anonymous Member

So send your complaint here:

http://www.asai.ie/complain.asp

http://www.asai.ie/entiresection.asp?Section_Num=2&Section_Desc=General Rules
  33. Anonymous Member

What would happen to the world if they could advertise Dianetics "effectively"?
  34. Anonymous Member

There would be a massive accumulation of the text at Used Book Stores.
    • Like Like x 5
  35. LGZ04 Member

I think we should report it to someone.We will fight against Scientology!
  36. Anonymous Member

Report what to whom?

We are fighting $cientology!
  37. Demented LRH Member

I should have added that it is impossible to advertise Dianetics effectively.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2