Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Gun control is not the same thing as no guns/no right to bear arms. Guns can be controlled better than allowing someone to have an arsenal.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. And some are rattled, just leik yours.

And ya rated my poast dumb? HAHAHAHAHA
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. AnonModz Member

There are way to many variables when it comes to this. Lets say there is a gun law (in most states there is) and that means that joe citizen has to get an FID card or some sort or permit to carry legally, etc.They have the legal right to bear arms, but that number of citizens is far and few between.. Because gun laws have become more and more strict.

But the kicker is, no matter how much law they impose on guns or trying to control them, you always hear about somewhere getting shot up by some psychopath etc, and what will they do to prevent it from happening again? The simple truth is, they cannot do anything about it. Otherwise it would have stopped at columbine, or at that ohio school where the kid went back a SECOND TIME IN THE SAME DAY, and shot up the rest of the people...

- I am interested in knowing how to prevent someone from obtaining an arsenal. Assuming that they are conducting their business under the radar and off the books, there is no way to stop somebody that plots every step and thinks of every contingency. If people want something bad enough, they will find a way to get it.

Fact of the matter is nobody is ever going to be truly safe anywhere. All you guys that are name calling and saying I am wrong, you must be better informed than I am because as I see it, 18 kids got shot to death yesterday, and columbine was how long ago... Yeah you guys keep brainstorming over how to control people with guns, good luck with that big waste of time.
  4. Anonymous Member

What moral example should Americans follow if not that of their President?

9d5e63011ac5eaa79ff1a19dd251efbafd347cbe.jpg
    Anonymous
    This message by Anonymous has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

It might have prevented 16 6-year-olds and 4 7-year-olds from each receiving anywhere from 3-11 gunshot wounds each from a .223 Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle, killing them while they were trapped in their classroom.

No US civilian needs a military-grade weapon - not even a purported teacher with a mentally ill son.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AnonModz Member

Ohhh, riiiiiiight...... So there was still no gun control after the columbine high school shooting I assume? How the fuck can anybody control guns making it to the hands of people?

Answer me that and I will stfu right here and now.

Let me guess, guys that rape people will get penis control imposed on them? Sounds pretty fucking stupid right?

Because that is the tone your using.
  7. Anonymous Member

I think he's getting at the fact that if someone wanted to kill 16 6 year olds, and 4 7 year olds, they would find a way.

They would buy the gun illegally, or steal it or some other shit like that.

Gun Control just makes it more difficult, and gives the black market business.
  8. AnonModz Member

EXACTLY!

People will get their hands on what they want, no matter what means it takes.
  9. Anonymous Member

Some disturbed people can be 'set off' by seemingly innocuous incidents. Wouldn't excessive hurdles to get their hands on weapons serve the purpose of dissuading at least a few of them from proceeding to mass murder. A cooling the F down period if you like.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

I agree with a lot of what you've said, AnonModz.

Personally, there is an over glamorous image in our collective psyches about Violence. Movies promote, the top Video Games support using a gun to kill as many people as possible. But that Horse has left the barn, and trying to stop that would be closing the gate 5 years after the horse left.

Secondly, there often is no rhyme or reason to what a crazy disturbed person will do. There are no warning signs to predict.

I myself am an Eagle Scout, who knows how to tie a hangman's noose. Does that alone mean I might murder people with an archaic weapon?

I also play Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty? Does that contribute?

The facts are, we can never guess what someone will do. Hubbard is completely wrong on that fact with his stupid fucking Tone Scale.

Anyways, what I'm saying is, The only thing you can do is be prepared. There are crazies out there. There are crazies that will kill indiscriminately, there are crazies who will hunt you down for some perceived, wrong.

Protect yourself to the full extent of the law. And keep a healthy dose of paranoia. Because when the shit hits the fan, If it's going to be me dieing from a crazed gunman, or me killing a crazed gunman, it's always going to be me killing them.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...shed-in-china-elementary-school-knife-attack/

12. Anonymous Member

gun control ≠gun ban
  13. Anonymous Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_%282010%E2%80%932011%29
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

Gun Control ≠ Safer Society

Mass murderers gonna mass murder
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

20de372c534114fc4e7fd3b319bb50faf73f57f9.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

Don't US schools have guards? Fences? Some sort of security measures to prevent just anyone from strolling in?
    I'm guessing the shit shot his way in, but I guess we don't have the full narrative yet.
  18. Anonymous Member

It's true, though: some people must figure, hey, if presidents and prime ministers can murder hundreds of thousands, if I kill a few dozen, no big deal.
  19. Anonymous Member

YOLO

You only live once.

So if you are a messed up shit head, you might as well get in the papers by killing people and then An Heroing. Any /b/ tard will tell you that.
  20. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Not everyone subscribes to this belief you espouse.

Well, yeah, holding that belief can, in a twisted way, cause one to think one's own life is worth little, and correspondingly others'. A sick enough individual might een believe he is doing those victims a kindness by sparing them the suffering on this "one and only" life.

People who believe in reincarnation might have a caution before embarking on something like this, not wanting to return as whale offal.

Not saying either belief is valid (or not), nor looking to derail.
  22. Anonymous Member

No but you bring up a good point. I only pointed out YOLO since it's been popular and sweeping around.
  23. Make bombs, cars , trucks, planes etc. "unavailable" while you're at it.
  24. Dragononymous Member

Request to combine this with the Aurora thread.
    This will result in the same old bullshit anyway.
    Might as well save some space.
  25. Some people seem to be born without a conscience and are probably more common than most people would like to believe.
  26. Anonymous Member

LOL as if a conscience is chromosomal.
  27. Missfit Member

If it were the glamorization of violence we would have WAY more murders and violence than we do now because we ALL see it, we are all conditioned to it being a "normal" part of any news, tv, movie, music, or entertainment source, so therefore wouldn't almost all of us think violence is ok?

If it were gun control laws, why did this man have to steal these guns from his mother ? Regardless of the caliber of the weapon, he still would have killed more than 10 people before police could have killed him, seeing as how he had more than one gun on him and a revolver holds what, 6 bullets, and he shot them execution style* (* I heard this, and it may not be fact)?

Outlawing guns at this point would be fruitless, we all can see how well outlawing drugs has gone...

I think we really need to take a hard look at why people kill. Honestly I cannot think of one person who has done something like this, even at lesser magnitude, that did not have some type of mental illness or psychological problem. Even if we look at why people kill each other on a day to day basis, gangs kill over turf/goods = protection and livelihood....honestly I can't think of other kinds of murders daily outside of gangs and organized crime or over physical protection (I'm talking on US soil, please let's not start with wars)....but the point I'm trying to make is that we as a society need to handle the problems within our communities (Poverty, Lack of education, Lack of substantial mental illness and psychological care) which I believe ( and I could be naive here) would begin the decline in people even thinking of needing to have guns, thereby decreasing guns and violence naturally AND helping the bigger problems. That's just me though.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Missfit Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

The "right to bear arms" is from a different time, it needs to be updated and those who feel it is a fundamental right need to take a long hard look at their lives, society and the pictures of the victims of this recent atrocity.
  30. AnonModz Member

All I can say or think of causes that would make people have this degree of illness possibly could be -

- The water we drink from the tap and reprocess waste water for it to be drinkable that has unknown contaminants in it.
    - Medications which are prescribed on a daily basis which we do not fully understand the extent of what these medications REALLY do to our bodies over long term prolonged use.
    - Forms of birth control.
    - Chemicals that used to be used ritually in buildings/homes. (Asbestos, lead, etc). It only took us (human beings) 20+ years to figure out that these things were harmful.
    - Countless other factors being environmental.

People are overall retarded to say the least. In such a rush to get things on the market to make $$ that nobody really stops to give a long hard look at the consequences of the actions. It's too bad that things are this way, but fortunately we so far get to live to see another day of just how fucked up people can be. SCORE!
  31. AnonModz Member

People talk about things that could potentially kill people like the plague or polio or AIDS, cancer, etc. Kicker is people are the fucking plague of the earth... Whats the cure for that doctor Phil?

Something tells me the parents of this tragedy are going to want something to be done about this, sad part is nothing can be done to stop maniacs from going on a rampage if the mentally unstable one day decide to snap. Tee least this guy could have done was go in to the stock exchange and shoot some of them, prolly would have made a difference for the better by doing that, leave the helpless kids out of this they are not the ones that did anything wrong to make this guy snap.
  32. Anonymous Member

33. AnonModz Member

Seems like everything these days is genetic somehow, or at least they try to pin everything on genetics to some degree.

p.s. gnight ppl, if anyone sees WM around tell member to contact me. thnx ppl, good night.
  34. Anonymous Member

You are not understanding these sort of people, they are cowards, they would never pick on someone who could fight back!
  35. Anonymous Member

^The most cogent post ITT.
    You can't shoot someone with a gun you don't possess.
  36. Anonymous Member

Talking about the US now- baring arms is for a standing militia, there is good reason for that.
  37. Anonymous Member

What reason? American public has every reason to overthrow government but doesn't. So hand 'em in faggots.
  38. Anonymous Member

So lets turn over our guns so they can attack us citizens with impunity?
  39. Anonymous Member

Guns are for defense, not a rebellion.
  40. Anonymous Member

Yeah, there is: the US has been shitting in the waters of international relations for over 100 years. There's not exactly a lot of empathy nor sympathy in general for the US and its lot. The sentiment is not anti American people, nor even so much anti American "culture", but anti American foreign policy. Put yourself in the position of the aggrieved peoples and then tell me how you'd feel.

Protip: call back the troops, close international bases, and tend to your own myriad problems while also minding your own business, unless you are attacked. Inb4 "9/11", but it's never been conclusively proven what group of people were responsible for that.
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.