Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

That is your choice and you exercised your right. Just because you have a right to something, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to do it. You have a right to free speech, but you don't have to tell everybody and their uncle what you did in bed last night with whom and how.

Just because you have a right to own guns does not mean you have to rush out and buy one.

Although statistically probable it may never happen in their lifetime, an honest citizen could own one to protect their life in the event an intruder posed a clear and present danger to themselves and to others. Again though, the statistics say that the odds that this would happen are small.

The fact remains though that person does have a right to own a gun, BUT it is up to that person as to whether they feel they need one, want one or not at all. It all depends on the person and whether they feel like they can take a human life in that event. Most gun instructors say if you can't deal with taking a human life and the gore it entails, then a gun isn't a solution for defense for you.

Also, some people like hunting deer, ducks, boars, etc. for meat and food.
  2. Anonymous Member

Oh dear, if you had read my post you would have realised I'm from the UK, funny place, no "rights" to own a gun and all that, our school kid mortality rate is a touch better than the US though.

I find it strange when you preach about principles and violence when clearly your whole society is built on a foundation of violence. It's written into your oh so precious constitution, so before you start throwing stones about principles check the glasshouse you live in first snowflake.
  3. Anonymous Member

I can't understand how Americans can take to the streets and demand laws change when bankers rip the public off but after YET ANOTHER school massacre you all turn turkey and say you can't change things. Impressive standards you all have!
  4. You are the least afraid of human animals?
  5. Anonymous Member

Actually, no I'm not; and, for many years now I've lived in a civilized country, where we don't go around shooting at each other. Don't ask where, because we don't want any crazy outsiders here.
  6. Anonymous Member

And now back to the real world..
  7. Anonymous Member

I say that rights are universal. I mean 'natural rights, which can be found in Locke and other writings. Could you explain to me what you mean by the concept of 'rights'?

Are you saying the government grants rights or is there some other meaning to the word that you use that I don't?
  8. Xenu Is Lord Member

Stupid is as stupid dose. My point is relevant and it stands, sorry it does not fit you version of the way you want the argument to go, but tough.
  9. Xenu Is Lord Member

Many of those people are rapist and murderers killed by the police and citizens. But clearly you would rather see them raped or murdered. If we are going to call each other names I will call you a stupid pile of shit.
  10. Anonymous Member

Your argument was fail, accept it. Move on.
  11. Anonymous Member

You are missing the point, because of yor love of guns you have a culture of violence, you are obviously happy living in this culture.
  12. Anonymous Member

So there is this "universal right" for everyone on the planet to own a gun? ORLY?
  13. Anonymous Member

Where everyone owns a gun and life is so sweet eh!
  14. Xenu Is Lord Member

As far as I am concerned it is to be determined buy each nation but in essence yes, every person has the right to self defense.
  15. Anonymous Member

Weapon ownership is not a "right"
  16. Xenu Is Lord Member

No, you are missing the point. Violence is everywhere regardless if people are allowed to own guns. The Countries like England have exported mass death and have a total culture of violence all the while treating their own citizens like shit. It is the most monitored county in the world. I recall a complete riot there in the last two years, with fires and all. I also remembering people having to be victims because they had no right to arm themselves. So civilized LOL
  17. Xenu Is Lord Member

Wrong it is, its called the Bill of RIGHTS for those that can't read.
  18. Xenu Is Lord Member

Also it would take a person with the mentality of a slave or a dictator to think that people don't have a right to arm themselves.
  19. Anonymous Member

It takes a person with violence in their nature to see a weapon as a human right.
  20. Anonymous Member

Oh yeah, I remember that riot, it totally engulfed a whole ......city! With looting being the main event, very few people were hurt. Unlike other countries riots, ours was quite civilised as riots go.
  21. Anonymous Member

And how's that working out for your school children Hun?
  22. Anonymous Member

USA has its own page on wiki devoted to school killings, dating from the 1700's, it's quite a shock to actually see the number of gun related incidents written down, and just how many there have been! No wonder you Americans are no longer affected by them anymore.

It's almost a tradition!
  23. Anonymous Member

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  24. Anonymous Member

OK I've become convinced. Will someone please get me a gun so I can put this thread out of its misery?
  25. Anonymous Member

Then it shouldn't come as a surprise that not only didn't that work, but the same ass clowns responsible for it got back into office and did, you guess it, ignored the people wanting change. Probably because they listened to the bankers rather than the public.

Take above answer and replace "bankers" with "NRA". Problem explained thoroughly.

So what? Based on how you been posting, I bet nobody cares.

Even if you had the right, you don't have to own one. Nobody is forcing US Citizens to buy guns. They have the freedom to or not to buy one.

Dox plox.

...and the UK isn't?

If you believe that, then either you are trolling or just have no idea about the history of your Britannica. Shall we bring up all the long and bloody battles the UK did in order to keep the sun always shining on the Brittan Empire?

Like Father (the UK), like Son (the US).

Wikipedia, LOL. Nice sauce to back your claims up: A editable encyclopedia with little restrictions.

Also LOLing at your use of "Americans". Guess you don't realize that Canada and Mexico are America too, but without the same laws/gun rules.
  26. Anonymous Member

Y'all niggaz posting in (what is now) a troll thread.
  27. Anonymous Member

Nice job everyone. Turning a thread about this horrific tragedy into a clusterfuck pissing contest about imbeciles and their unholy relationships with guns. Fucking assholes. It's all about MEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Maybe it is not too late to get this train back on it's tracks:

As for the pissing match: While I don't agree with the attitude or the "No U!"s, I do think that some discussion as to how other countries differ is beneficial. I am guessing that is why this thread hasn't ended up in the Dome yet as the Mods haven't found enough reason for it.
  29. Anonymous Member

It is in the US
  30. Anonymous Member

Thank you. Relevant.
  31. Anonymous Member

Link?
  32. Anonymous Member

Again, how's that working out for your school kids eh!
  33. Anonymous Member

Are you disputing the very long list of gun crimes in schools on that page?

And Mexico is having a happy time at the moment I hear.
  34. Anonymous Member

Oh, Britannia, yes we did fuck up other countries but at least we have not been culling our young!
  35. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

36. Xenu Is Lord Member

That is just silly " USA has its own page on wiki" Someone made that page, the great wiki in the sky did not make it. A. care to share the link? B. So what, people have been killing people with guns fom the time they were invented just like knives, gass, bomobs, running people down.
  37. Xenu Is Lord Member

It takes a delusional mind to think that someone has violence in their heart for wanting to be able to defend themselves. It takes a mentality of a slave to surrender the rights they have.
  38. Xenu Is Lord Member

And in Mexico they don't have the right to own a gun, so much for gun control. Mexico is the perfect example of why gun laws do not work. In fact there is a documentary about a Mormon community there that was targeted by the drug cartels. They got the local laws changed for their area so they could own guns and guess what? The killings stopped! The drug dealers went elsewhere.
  39. Xenu Is Lord Member

Just fine as soon as we keep disarming the teachers. How is that working out for every other country that has school shootings but the people don't have a right to own a gun. Yes even the UK has had issues. Also do you remeber the IRA and bombs? Again you make a moot point.
  40. Xenu Is Lord Member

So you want to kill the 1st Amendment now?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.