Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

fify
  2. Anonymous Member

You didn't answer the simple question, UK bans guns, no school slaughters, USA loves guns, how many school massacres have you had???? Answer please
  3. Anonymous Member

Dox that the intention of the criminals was to kill all the kids?
  4. Anonymous Member

Your FACTS are lies, UK armed robbery did not spike by over 40%. That's just NRA BULLSHIT!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Locked away at the gun club.

But in much lesser numbers.

Less murders = a good thing.

Untrue.

Selective use of statistics is misleading.

2011 US murders using rifles (specifically and only rifles) = 323

2011 US murders using firearms (of any kind including rifles) = 8,583

Source:
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robwate...utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Like Like x 4
  6. Anonymous Member

Agreed. This supposed statistic is untrue.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. fishypants Moderator

Actual (non-made-up) government data on UK firearms offences:

[/quote]
    Source: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/crime...une-2012.html#tab-Offences-involving-firearms

To address the argument that violent people, if denied access to guns, just find other weapons to use, here's a comparison for violent crime across different countries.

The United States stands out, with a murder rate 5x higher than that of the UK.

So the notion that, in the UK, people who want to kill but don't have a gun simply find a different way to kill, is mistaken.

source: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/crime...n-violent-crime-compare-with-other-countries-
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ^^ a fine post fishypants.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. WHAT is being accomplished by posts and comments ITT? - Humbly asking.
  10. Anonymous Member

11. A candid debate on the pro's and cons of of firearms de/regulation.
    And It's affect on American society.
    And a scientific observation of xenu is lords increasing faggotry
    TT is in the off topic discussion sub forum after all.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Anonymous Member

Allowing the hivemind to consider whether #OpNRA is a good idea, given:

- the NRA's subversion of the political process through large (multi-million-$) cash donations to politicians,

- the NRA's suppression of gun ownership research (see post #725 above and reporting at forbes.com), and

- the very high (compared to other similar first world nations) murder rate in the USA which results from NRA "cold dead hands" gun policies,

and if #OpNRA is a good idea then what form of protest would be appropriate.

(Alternative answer: fuck all, as usual on WWP).
  14. Got it.
    What's the real life goal, though?
  15. Anonymous Member

I'm not sure there is one, really. It's what you might call an open-ended discussion.

Ought there to be one?

Got any ideas?
  16. Anonymous Member

Really? Seems to be all the rage of late.
  17. Anonymous Member

Mass shootings in general, not only schools, there have been 31 since Columbine. Yeah, we're proud of our guns. So proud in fact, we shoot 'em up all the time.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

Worth noting that Columbine had an armed guard (shot dead by the two boys, IIRC).

Virginia Tech had its own police dept, I believe.
  19. Some will join the Op,others will not.
    This is my irl goal.
    241184740.jpg
    A merry xmas to all.
  20. Anonymous Member

quite.

You want to have big tits?

And a joyeux noel to you.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

The NRA thinks volunteer school guards with firearms will keep our children safe.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin
    Police get a lot of training about when, and when NOT to use a gun. They have skills in mediation. They know when to wait for back-up.
    Well-meaning volunteers don't.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Possibly to plant the seeds of change, to open the eyes of a society that has been manipulated by corporations and lobbyists, to make a country realise that what they have, which has stirring sound bites such as "the right to bear arms" and "cold dead hands", isn't working. Too many are dying every day and on some days it's a lot of people who never got the chance to reach for the "American dream", they barely had time for a few dreams before being cut down. The obsession with gun ownership is leading only one way, and if the pro gun lobby has got it right, why are so many dying? Why isn't the USA the safest place on earth? Because massive amounts of weapons in civillian hands is not the way to go for a safe society.

Americans will have to change their obsession with the gun, it's a different century since the founding fathers wrote the basis for a society. If I were an American I know what I would choose for my children, and it wouldn't be Kevlar school uniforms.

Charlton Heston is a dinosaur, stop believing his crap!
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

So it was 'corporations and lobbyists' who manipulated us into believing we have a right to bear arms?
    Wow, bud, I want some of what you're smoking.
  24. Anonymous Member

lw003192.jpg?w=600&h=385.jpg
  25. Xenu Is Lord Member

Gun crime goes up in UK 89% in last decade but but but they have gun control ???
    2001 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1440764.stm
    2009 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html
    It just keeps getting worse.

Of course none of this is really relevant. I am sure the dead don't care if their brains were bashed in, lit on fire, run over, blown up or shot. The attitude of self enslavement that the anti gun culture promotes cares nothing about about facts or data. The fact is that people are killing people and if you really cared about how you would be putting efforts in to things like knives, blunt objects and bombings. The IRA never had an issue with getting guns nor blowing the piss out of the occupying British forces with bombs you can't buy or getting a license for. Gun control does not work, it just encourages criminals and promotes revolt.

As to the silly notion about guards and cops being useless

"Gardner, seeing Harris working with his gun, leaned over the top of the car and fired four shots. He was 60 yards from the gunman. Harris spun hard to the right and Gardner momentarily thought he had hit him. Seconds later, Harris began shooting again at the deputy.
    After the exchange of gunfire, Harris ran back into the building. Gardner was able to get on the police radio and called for assistance from other Sheriff’s units. "Shots in the building. I need someone in the south lot with me."

So in this case he nearly shot the guy. All any anti gun folks are proving to me is that if you have a gun, the bad guy runs away from you and goes after unarmed people. Had the guard kept pressing him he might have shot himself earlier which is exactly what he did when cornered.

So thank you for proving my point and that of the NRA, MORE GUNS = LESS CRIME.

Take Kennesaw, Georgia where by law every person over 21 is required carry a gun!

All crime has gone down and there is no wild west shootings as the anti movement predicts. clearly you anti gun people must have a really low opinion of your neighbors.

Gun law

In 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21][18]
    (a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
    (b)Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.
    Gun rights activist David Kopel has claimed that there is evidence that this gun law has reduced the incident rate of home burglaries citing that in the first year, home burglaries dropped from 65 before the ordinance, down to 26 in 1983, and to 11 in 1984.[19] Another report observed a noticeable reduction in burglary from 1981, the year before the ordinance was passed, to 1999. A 2001 media report stated that Kennesaw's crime rates continued to decline and were well below the national average, making citizens feel safer and more secure.[20] Later research claims that there is no evidence that [the law] reduced the rate of home burglaries [in Kennesaw],[21][22] even though the overall crime rate had decreased by more than 50% between 1982 and 2005.[23]
    The city's website[24] claims the city has the lowest crime rate in the county.

Man it must suck to be anti gun and so wrong and to have a living example of it proving you wrong for 30 years. If all the teachers were carrying that little shit would not gotten more than 5 feet.
  26. Anonymous Member

Own, not carry, but yeah
    I was living in Georgia when that law was passed. There were some howls, but time has shown that people having weapons in a disincentive for criminals.

Imagine, criminals don't want to tangle with armed people. How completely sane that is. Criminals react to incentives just like the rest of us.
  27. anonymous612 Member

We don't really get LICs down here. Missions and up, usually. The last proper LIC we had merged into the Tampa Ideal Org when it changed locations.
  28. Anonymous Member

Take action toward putting to a vote in 2014 a constitutional amendment revoking the Second Amendment. http://wh.gov/QXYb
  29. Xenu Is Lord Member

Yeah do that! Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  30. Xenu Is Lord Member

-You mean the subversion of people rights by the anti Second Amendment Groups.
    -The lying about facts and statistics as well as suppression of stories where gun owners survive by using their guns and only paint a one sided view.
    -You mean the irrelevant facts of gun deaths verses any others types.
  31. Anonymous Member

Family stuff for me - anyone can offer a tl dr version of this thread? 72 hours worth?
    Please and many thanks.
  32. grebe Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the shooting in Webster NY yet. Or maybe I missed that thread.
  33. Anonymous Member

Wht?
  34. Anonymous Member

Ignore. I will google. BTW- Damn the gov't.
  35. grebe Member

36. Anonymous Member

Just another case of gun laws that don't work. Imagine that a convicted felon who broke the law
  37. anonymous612 Member

Guess we should abolish ALL laws, then. Since criminals don't follow them, right? That's your logic, right? K, guess we don't need anti-murder laws anymore. I'll tell SCOTUS, you tell the district courts, we'll make Xenu is Lord tell the minor courts.
  38. Anonymous Member

lol
    reading skills, do you have them?
    In logic, they tell you to deconstruct the argument in the best possible light. You always look at arguments of someone you don't like in the worst possible light.

nasty way to do business.
  39. Anonymous Member

Ok, I admit, I'm wrong and the USA has got it right, the amount of people killed EVERY DAY by guns in the US has convinced me that laws should be changed so that citizens can have moar guns!!!

Dumb ass Americans,

Merry Christmas...........untill the next school slaughter!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.