Customize

Save Your Change= MAYBE Join Us For Super Power Grand Opening?

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Anonymous, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Random guy Member

Hm, seems they want to open that turkey after all. It must be a snag, though. They can't just spinn people a few times on the gyro-plaything and ask them "where would you feel safe" a few hundred times and not have people feel cheated. There's a catch, I think they'll open ity but not let anyone do the actual course for some lame reason.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. wolfbane Member

Or maybe open, but with only a limited number of the perceptic exercise stations + running program operable and then phase in the rest over time.
  3. Random guy Member

Anything but the actual supah power rundown.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. tigeratbay Member

"minus Rinder's 2cents worth of pot shots that were mostly irrelevant.."

Still laughing. Now that's funny! :p :D
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tigeratbay Member

Right, since those 'few' that have paid in advance for that service, that may not be ready case wise (since he changes requirements often). Plus they don't call it the Supah Power building but Flag Building now. Seems it will be used for public courses and auditing and most of all for the public whales who have their own room for socializing to keep them segregated from the pee-on public. The pee-on public may see the internet too. {Gotta watch everyone.. oooh, lest we get found out!} Sarcastic font.
    Too bad they have that overhead walkway as we won't get to see the whales walk in the front door, except in front of the Fort (or at the back door walking from the renovated Oak Cove hotel). On which I hope to see them pay hotel taxes ASAP.
  7. jensting Member

So, in the building formerly known as the "Super Power Building," the entire fifth floor is for "Super Power." That's right? All that time, all that money, and they get a whole FLOOR?!?

The donors are going to be pleased, so very pleased!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jensting Member

Suggest double-sided protest sign:

WHERE IS SHELLY? // WHERE IS THE SUPER POWER BUILDING?

You get the idea :D
    • Like Like x 3
  9. wolfbane Member

Church of Scientology sets opening of long-delayed Flag Building in Clearwater

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...ning-of-long-delayed-flag-building-in/2136935

We haz an official date!
    • Like Like x 5
  10. RightOn Member

Oh my.
    You mean the Oilness table will soom be in full operation?
    The spinny/puke machine will be spinning clams into Oblivion? <--- see what I did thar
    Will Tom Cruise be one of the first to step up to the scam bat?
    Will Krusty Alien be spinning her flubbery wrinkled ass too?
    Gee how much is it again? sign me up!
    • Like Like x 3
  11. tigeratbay Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. ravenanon Member

From the atricle

Their tax exempt status drives me nuts.

I find it interesting he called it a convention and broke it down to finances, but left the door open if it would impact anything.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Anonymous Member

I find it interesting he called it a convention and broke it down to finances, but left the door open if it would impact anything.[/quote]

He's either stupid (and I know he's not too bright on Scn) or he's being politically correct. I sure hope the TB newspaper and the city getan earful from the net and citizens. We'll see how the city manager handles this, closing streets, taking down trees and traffic lights for their convenience.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

15. incog712 Member

It's kind of sad. There will be vast crowds of wogs pouring in to Clearwater from all points inland to hit the beach over the same period, each of whom will be helping to support the local economy in some way. There are barely 10,000 active scientologists left in the world, if that, and if 10% of them drag their butts out for this it would be a miracle, one that will be completely unnoticed by the city.

We should probably bake him a cake, maybe even some cookies just to help cheer him up and remind him that we do care.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

SCIENTOLOGY SUPER POWER IS COMING: OCTOBER 6!

By Tony Ortega

The Tampa Bay Times broke the news Friday night: Finally, after almost 15 years since it first broke ground, Scientology’s “Super Power Building” is set to open on Sunday, October 6.

On Friday the Church of Scientology formally approached the Clearwater, Florida city council to obtain permits for a grand opening celebration on that date.

Former top Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder, at his blog, has been reporting that church members were being told that the Super Power building — formally known as the “Flag Building” after dropping its previous name, “Flag Mecca,” — would be opening about a month before the International Association of Scientologists (IAS) gala a month later. And sure enough, the IAS gala (usually held in England in October) has been scheduled for the weekend of November 8-9 and will be held in a giant permanent tent in Clearwater that is being shipped over from the UK.

It’s a huge set of changes happening suddenly for a church that usually plans things far in advance, and we’re so excited we can hardly stand it!

In January 2012, at the Village Voice, we published what is still the only comprehensive release of architectural renderings for all seven floors of the Super Power Building. We’ll show you some of those again, but we also can reveal that recently, someone who worked for the architectural firm that planned and built the edifice contacted us recently and told us that the structure has been finished and ready to occupy since early in 2011.

So what’s taken so long for it to open? Luis and Rocio Garcia, in a federal fraud lawsuit they filed in January, claimed that the building was purposely being kept from opening because it was such a great cash cow for the church. As the Tampa Bay Times points out, some $145 million has been raised from church members to build the thing, but it’s been assessed at only about $80 million. The Garcias, in their lawsuit, accused Scientology of delaying the opening because it could raise so much money as long as it never opened.

Continued with open comments at
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/17/scientology-super-power-is-coming-october-6/
    • Like Like x 4
  17. anon walker Moderator

I have a theory. I believe that donors who gave a lot to Stuporpower, like Garcia and Duggans, are asking questions and, in Garcia's case, launched a lawsuit.

I don't think it was ever meant to open. It was to be an eternal beacon to cult fundraising, only too much time has passed, too much money has been donated, and now, results are expected.

Well. That's what you get for entrusting your spiritual wellbeing to a high school dropout who followed a con man. Nyah!
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

My understanding of cult members is that they are required to stay in cult housing. They bring little to nothing to the local economy. Everything is kept within the cult. Their "convention" is going to keep the real tourists away. I was downtown today, hundreds of SO everywhere on the streets, the creepiness factor is palpable.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Anonymous Member

It's been a long time since I've seen hundreds of SO on the streets of Clearwater. I do remember the creepiness. Mustering so many would have to be a challenge. It would be interesting to correlate that change with a corresponding lack of activity at other SO hives. LAfags in particular, quiet on the western front?
    • Like Like x 1