Customize

Santa Barbara Uni. - C.A.N. Scientology records pre '96

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by ryangiggs, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ryangiggs Member

Santa Barbara Uni. - C.A.N. Scientology records pre '96

Notice for Santa Barbara Anonymous, who like researching . . .

At the University of Santa Barbara, California, there is a huge -pre 1996- Scientology records collection.
    These records were owned by the old Cult Awareness Network, before Scientology took it over in 1996, after C.A.N. lost the lawsuit.

"Cult Awareness Network" is seen down the list on the following page:-

Preliminary Guide to the American Religions Collection, ca. 1840s-1990s [Bulk 1970s-1990s]

I have been sent a Microsoft Word detailed finding-aid for the complete C.A.N. collection, which is approx. 80 pages.
    The Scientology records begin on page 31 (box 53-58), and there are a further eleven boxes (box 238-248) - Series III, Scientology.

This resource would be suitable for person/s who have time to visit the library, and search through records.
    Note that first you have to request the boxes you wish to view, as some are held off-site.

If anyone is interested, I can send you a pm with the Word doc. attached.

Note:- if Santa Barbara Anons follow through with this, I suggest that you pool your efforts so that ONE person requests material, rather than staff being sent numerous requests. The staff are helpful, but it takes time for them to retrieve the boxes.
  2. OTBT Member

Re: Santa Barbara Uni. - C.A.N. Scientology records pre '96

Oooooo, C.A.N. probably had very interesting documents and dirt on scientology.