Customize

San Jose raid gets raided by PD

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by MAKE IT GO LEFT, May 9, 2009.

1. chrisanon Member

Re: San Jose raid gets raided by PD

Thx for the report, Pacman.

SIX squad cars for 3 peaceful protesters, one of whom is a minor?

This responsible use of taxpayer dollars has me weeping with joy. How does Co$ get away with this?
  2. everanonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

I tried. I failed. I suck at internets so what else is new
  4. everanonymous Member

try again. i'm not putting in all those captchas for a few pics. lazy anon is lazy.
  5. chrisanon Member

You know, 44 got tackled in Nashville while peacefully cooperating with the instructions of (fake) law enforcement last week, now this.

Wasn't there a thread about a change in tactics a few days ago? Could they be trying some new (boneheaded) approach? Long term, these are stupid actions that hurt them; short term, they can report to Miscavige that they're tackling the Anon menace head-on.
  6. Anon-007 Member

David Miscavige? I thought that the little dwarf was still hiding in a bunker somewhere, clutching his bottle of single malt and chuffing on his 60 a day?
  7. everanonymous Member

yeah they're growin balls for once and SJ has always had a problem with bullbaiting and fair game. all we can do right now is make sure at the very least we nix the 'honk' signs. it's not a huge loss.

we might have to look into this for SF though i doubt there's a similar code here. makes me wonder what SF might pull. they've always been flunkers. it's sad really that the main org in our area is being trumped by a minor mission down south.

hey jeff, you hear that? allender has more balls than you. whatchu gonna do about it?
  8. Anonymous Member

Now is the time to call ACLU.
    Expect more of the same.
  9. Anonymous Member

This. Unlike the Nashville situation, I think the ACLU might like this case.
  10. jensting Member

Stalking a minor? That would go down well...

Seriously, sitting down with the local police and talk things over and set some ground rules (so cops who are called out do not feel they have to invent all the rules as they go along) might be a good idea.

Well done for standing up to the cult!

Best Regards

Jens
  11. everanonymous Member

curious, but why this over the Nashville incident? Nashville seems far more serious where the legal boundaries were clear and they were overstepped by the rent-a-cops while this was just scilons being petty and skirting the laws gray areas.
  12. Lorelei Member

As Chanologists from the beginning of the protests may recall, ATL had stormtroopers in Feb 08 and again in March 08, with two arrests. Some cars honking did get cited. We also must go without masks.

The lessons we learned:

No more "honk if" signs. People still honk like crazy, but Anon can't be blamed for "inciting" honks.
    Communicate with the po-po in advance of every raid. Select an articulate spokesAnon to deal with them, and befriend them. Express your concerns.
    Travel in a pack, watch your back.
    Keep cameras rolling at all times.

Since March 08, we have had NO trouble worth mentioning. A few skeevy individuals, which may be bored rednecks or may be Scilons failing at bullbaiting and life. That is it.

We have your back, San Jose. If we lived closer, we'd pack up and storm the SJ Org with you & have a big peaceful protest party with you guys like we did for Anon44 after he got dogpiled by goons (Nash Mash).

Also, if the Scilons want to play this game, we hope that other Anon groups will reach out to their local LEOs and educate them in advance to stop this harassment of peaceful protesters. If honking is getting you in dutch, ditch the "honk if" signs. You will still get a LOT of honks, trust us. The public HATES cult crap in general, and Scientology's BS in particular.
  13. everanonymous Member

picture2mef.png
    picture3uar.png
    picture4ext.png
    picture5ysy.png
  14. Anonymous Member

15. everanonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

IANAL and I don't speak for the ACLU, but here's why I said that:

The Nashville case is rather clear cut and not exploitable for the ACLU. But in this case they might be looking for a chance to strike down or limit the law against disturbing a religious service, so that they can open up for people to legally go and loudly and violently really disturb the services of real churches. ACLU will probably not help you if your argument is going to be "Scientology only introduced so-called 'services' to look more like a religion, and here at this org they only hold them on Sundays anyway - if anybody bothers showing up at all." The ACLU, on the other hand, would want to you to argue "yes so they were having a religious service. What of it?"
  17. CantPickaName Member

If all a group has to do to be a religion is to say they are a religion then i can say they are not a religion

I would like to go on record to say that I do NOT recognize scientology as a religion but as a criminal organization

that is all............for now
  18. the_cloak Member

If anyone gets fair gamed over this, go straight to the FBI like Boris said months ago. I am wondering if people are still doing that?
  19. the_cloak Member

^^^^ This, all of it
    You are probably better off with informative signs at this point.
  20. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Excellent point. In 14 years of protesting Scientology, I can tell you that they ALWAYS go for short term successes and don't even think about long-term consequences. This gets them in trouble most of the time.

Consider the Mad Picket in Clearwater for example. Short term goal was to scare us into not protesting. Long term result is the video of that will be on the intertubes for all to enjoy forever.
  21. Daisy Member

Sorry I wasn't there for you guys this month. Call us or come over anytime.

They do not want to go to trial. But they do want to intimidate you guys and what better way then to find out who you are. They got 3 masked protestors. The issue is not the honking for them but they will cry that under the ordinance mentioned. What they want to do is scare you and others so you don't come back.

I agree, bring it the fuck on.
  22. indeedindeed Member

What a waste of ressources.
    Scare tactics.
  23. rummychick99 Member

Again with the arrests. They are certainly trying to intimidate people to keep them from protesting.

The good news is ..that this probably won't go to trial.

But if they do pursue it, all sorts of discovery can take place as to their religious worship, tax exempt status, writings by the founder, scripture, etc. as you defend yourself.

This may be the case that can pry open the secret agreement. They should be careful what laws they try to invoke to intimidate Anonymous. Anything to do with a hate crime against their religious beliefs will open to door to scrutiny of their "religious" status.

It really appears the new wave of attack is going to be hate crimes against their religion.

"I am not sure I agree that they don't want to go to trial they certainly don't want to be defendants but I believe they would love to go to trial as victims."

True, but a person defending their freedom has more scope for discovery than in a civil lawsuit. A crime that is one that revolves around their religious status will not be a good time for them when it comes to discovery.
  24. mrfyde Member

I am not sure I agree that they don't want to go to trial they certainly don't want to be defendants but I believe they would love to go to trial as victims.
    (ask gregg, AO, AGP, and BAP where they where entirely removed from the process with the exception of their lawyers demanding that the DA take action we could use some of that ourselves)

Edit what is in Bold was said word for word by rummy chick before I posted, sorry RC i guess we agree
  25. Anon-007 Member

If the Cult is a genuine religion, then someone should get on the phone to Walmart and suggest they become one as well.

It would save Walmart billions in tax, and they could treat their staff even more shabbily and get away with it ;)
  26. moarxenu Member

I was slowpoke and got there late. I am in moar of a RAEGGGGGGGGG now than yesterday. Ever and others have raised great points. A few of my own:

- I don't think the Sunday services thing is going to fly. Everything in sci is a religious service. Main point is: there was no way to know if "religious services" were going on.

- Busting the honkers is a great point.

- Zulas being a minor and connection with Epic Nose Guy is perfect. One of the most respected constitutional scholars in the country named Eugene Volokh wrote about this.

- This needs media attention asap. I will let Lauren Smiley know. It is totally relevant to the upcoming Great San Fagcisco psych raid.

- 4 teh lulz: Why don't we make a sign the next time that reads:

We got busted by Scientology for asking you to honk you horn if you think it is a cult.

We wouldn't be asking anyone to honk, just stating a fact.

- Lawyers: Anon so delivers - ppl ITT thread have raised important constitutional issues. I know several vicious prosecutors and will call them today.
  27. Relyt Member

I thought the point of contacting the ACLU would be to notify them that in several different places across the country, the police are being used by the cult to give them special treatment, and 'fair game' their critics. NO other organization/church would get SIX squad cars because of a slight noise violation by another group of people.
  28. Re: San Jose raid gets raided by PD

I don't know if bringing in some one like the ACLU is such a good idea, they would want to forward their agenda which may not be ours.
    However this is an excellent opportunity to put there religious status to the test.

If packman or OG are willing to be the ones to fight it, we can use this to bring them down by having their religious revoked. They are giving us the chance to challenge them as a religion, which they aren't
    It would get pricey but also a lot of press and support. I would be willing to head up a fund drive if either packman or OG wants to press the issue.

You can count on the cult to find a dog to *$%( every time
  29. FreakE420 Member

1arecwht.jpg
  30. rummychick99 Member

No, I just went back and edited my post to include your quote instead of adding a new post. I usually forget to how to use tags to make it in a box. I put it in quotation marks and responded to it. I do agree with you about them willing to play the victim. They just need to be aware of what grounds they are using to claim victim as it will lead to discovery on those grounds.
  31. burdy Member

i don't know too much about your group other than the nice artwork i find at my skate park now and then, but i happened to drive past your rally yesterday just as the cops busted it. i just wanted to say thanks for your hard work. the other day my wife came home with some b.s. scientology workbook that her work friend gave her, telling her that it would help her in her career. ugh! nasty stuff! seriously, it means a lot to me that you are helping get the truth out about this awful cult. thanks.
  32. moarxenu Member

Awesome. Keep spreading the word, and checking out the info on sci. You are welcome any time to raid with us and eat delicious caek.
  33. Skeptic1337 Member

I think it would be insane for a lawyer to try to defend a simple freedom of expression case by trying to tackle the question of what is or is not a religion.

The question here is does freedom of speech / right to assembly get trumped by a local ordinance of disturbing a religious practice.

Good luck San Jose anons, do what's best for you, get a good lawyer that will represent your needs and if you do go the ACLU route, hooking up with Nashvilles 44 + your "disturbance" is actually something which might have legs.
  34. Re: San Jose raid gets raided by PD

Here is a little footage of the pre raid
  35. Lorelei Member

Is there any chance of a whole squadron of western US / CaliAnons showing up at the next protest in force to provide support and /b/ackup for our SJanon peeps?

That seems to be the quickest way to show that Fail Game is Fail. You bother three of ours, we multiply overnight and protest / troll all the harder and more enthusiastically.

The cult is a bit slow to learn, if it learns anything at all, but the connection between "IF harass one peaceful protester THEN receive over 9000 protesters, bad PR, bad press, legal trouble and increased flyer/YFTC raids in response GOTO massively multiplied enturbulation" is a good message to send in return.
  36. Re: San Jose raid gets raided by PD

Good morning... I just stopped by the cult for a photo op. of their Sunday service sign, now that's an excellent definition of an oxymoron, cult sunday service.

Well I took about 4 pics, and why bother hiding my car you cuz you $cilon$ know
    who we are.
    Just as I was leaving I look up and there is Ed Betchel calling in my license
    to????....hubbard blubbard, I mean really Ed you have got to get a bit more
    professional like hide behind something,hmmm. Any way I id'ed you and sorry
    to see you are still in Ed, cuz you were one of the only ones I can count on
    one hand that was still human and kind. I would help you in a heart beat Ed
    when you need to leave or need help assimilating back into the real world.
    But it is truly sad that until then you are not to be trusted as we know all
    about fair game tactics. My hopes and prayers Ed is one day we will have a
    beer and laugh at the absurdity of $cientology.
    BTW John Allender I have some stupendous photos of you and wow you
    are like so photogenic. Pics to come it was a great protest and the men and
    woman in blue, we love you and sorry you had to waste your time on the
    $cilons again. But appreciate your assistance and we know you know who
    the good guys are!
  37. BigBeard Member

And what, exactly, would be Ed's legal basis for getting your tags run??

BigBeard
  38. Cheshirecat Member

I think thats a tad over dramatic to be honest. Yes the Officers came out but it was not like anyone was arrested. It could work to our advantage in a way. Theres only so many times someone can cry wolf and get away with it before their cries are no longer taken seriously. Police will only get more and more frustrated with C0$ with these phony calls. The police have to come when they are called(although I admit six squad cars is a bit excessive). If police forces were in the palm of the cults hand they would be QUITE harsh and would almost definitely make arrests. We're not doing anything wrong and they know that. As long as we stay within our rights law enforcement should have no problem with peaceful protests against a criminal organisation.
  39. xenubarb Member

You really wanna know? :)

Uninformed police coupled with hyperbolic clam rhetoric is a good part of it.
    Look at the hysterical response to peaceful anons in Nashville. We had the PD come by on a Saturday during a raid to tell us the Scilons were whining about us "disrupting services."

Not only did we inform them that they don't HAVE "services," I showed them the boom box outside the org's front door, that just prior to the cops showing up was blasting really horrible Scilon music.

Cops left, after the usual "don't block things" caveat.
  40. Shinythings Member

Fucking this! Can I haz your babys?