Customize

San Jose Meeting With Delorme Mckee-Stovall

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by The Goddamn Pacman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. San Jose Meeting With Delorme Mckee-Stovall

[mod]See important update on this handling at the bottom of this post[/mod]

Shit has hit the fan, guys. The meeting was very productive, we've learned some new facts, and we've only just begun a chain of meetings that will take place not only with Delorme and her office, but also with members of Scientology.

Caught your attention yet? Let's get to some details first.

I'm not going in any order of things that were discussed, but only typing down what notes we have taken concerning key elements of our discussion. First being, that Anonymous is NOT being labeled as a Hate Group in Santa Clara County. She has made it very clear that there are no Freedom of Speech problems and we are free to protest Scientology for as long as we want. Her only concern was that some "members" crossed the line and made violent acts against Scientologists and have claimed to be a part of Anonymous.

Concerning the flier being produced, it turns out that 95% of the allegations made in the email are completely false. She has said that there will be no names mentioned, there will be absolutely NO badges to be passed out to Scientology members, and that given the information we gave to her, that she is heavily considering modifying the flier to remove any disparaging remarks.

However, since she is considering to modify the flier, we were not given a current copy to review. It seems that the only way we can get one now is to wait until Saturday's raid.

Moving on from the flier, she claims that it wasn't initially Scientologists who came to her concerning our protests, but neighbors around the Org calling in and asking what we were doing, why we were masked, etc. She does periodically visit WWP, so she knows about us enough to know what our stance is in this cause and why we are masked, and she has observed our protests in the past when we used to raid at Castro St. in Mountain View.

She was not aware that Scientologists have posted on these boards before, and she has told them not to. She was also not aware that staff and employees of the Church do not pay their social security and so on.

Now, onto the bigger things... she has police reports that list the acts of violence that the "claimed members of Anonymous" have committed, which include a car fire, bricks being thrown at windows, disturbance of the peace, and so on. She goes on to say that these individuals were arrested, and the four of us at the meeting agreed to send FOIA requests to know who these people are. We are a small but tight-knit cell here in the Southbay, so most of us know each other by name or by face. If somebody has committed these acts and we have never seen them, we can thereby conclude that we were not responsible nor have we endorsed these actions.

She of course goes on to say that the reason we're in this predicament is because we are a loosely-organized group, in that we are not a formal organization with, like, a membership roll sheet or whatever, so we cannot control any outward behavior from someone who claims to be a part of "Anonymous", and it is these people who are causing the problems.

So, here is the interesting bit of news:

Before we closed the meeting, Mike suggested that we hold a public forum with the community about the protests, with one side representing Anonymous and critics, and the other by members and leaders of the local Org, with a public audience and everything. Delorme initially dismissed the idea, but said that if we were to meet with Scientology members and her privately for I'm guessing some sort of "mediation", then if both parties agree then we can carry the debate onto a public forum. We had little time to consider this, so in short we all agreed to meet with current Scientology members and to give them our side of the story.

Do realize that this isn't some kind of meeting to go over surrender negotiations or whatever, there is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop us from protesting, nothing whatsoever. This was just a meeting proposition so that we have a chance to talk to Scientology members face to face about the problems in their organization that the community should be aware of, as well as giving them a chance to weasel their way into everyone's hearts while discriminating as at the same time. Win-win, yes? We're already expecting what kinds of things they will say and we are not afraid of it, given that we all have clean records, and we are MORE than ready with documents and material to present to them on why they should stop doing the wrongful things that they do. not to mention the idea of doing this to them again, in the eye of the public, with media watching?

That's about it... there are smaller details that were discussed and bits of conversation, but I won't divulge them unless prompted to by those who were with me. It was a 40-ish minute meeting so I already know I might've forgotten some things.

In short, Saturday will not being seeing any police or city presence, our raid will commence just as it has been planned, and we've given Delorme Mckee-Stovall a lot of thinking to do. We're feeling very positive about this and we think you all should too.

inb4 a bazillion posts

[mod]update:[/mod]
    [mod]New thread showing the fliers:[/mod]
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/san-jose-fliers-out-61407/
  2. anoninoob Member

Re: San Jose Meeting With Delorme Mckee-Stovall

The Goddamn Pacman, will you have my baby?
  3. Anonymous Member

You and your cell are so full of win; I'm so glad that this dropped into your capable hands. Thanks so much for blazing the way forward.
  4. terryeo2 Member

Sounds like this went pretty well. Good job!
  5. CantPickaName Member

I feel better...so far
  6. AnonOfStout Member

Hmmm.... arrest record names ought to be cross checked against Scifag completion lists.

Inb4 DUH!
  7. Skeptic1337 Member

Well done, as a fellow concerned citizen I commend your civic action.

Please scan/camgrab and tweetpic / tweet the flier on caturday for us.
  8. Anon99 Member

My how things have changed in 24 hours.

Tiny David Miscavige is not happy with this turn of events.
  9. Anonymous Member

Love this^^^^
    So fucking impressed by the Southbay Anons...I'm teary.
  10. Re: San Jose Meeting With Delorme Mckee-Stovall

One other detail: we left with her a copy of the Gold Pack for her to review on her own time, so if anything she has some evidence of documented Scientology crimes and human rights abuses.
  11. Anonymous Member

doinitrite guys!!! HUGE WIN!!!!

I'm surprised to hear she's been lurking WWP though, she should have been more informed.

Better late than never.

WTG!!!!
  12. anonsoulless Member

Regardless of if you attend the forum or not, you MUST not let them trample your rights by handing out those fliers on the County dime unless they give us an extremely FAIR case.
  13. Rockyj Member

Me too! But shit I'm a virgin (with 3 kids)!
  14. anonsoulless Member

By the way who burned a car? What the hell?
  15. RightOn Member

quite nice, and well done
    good luck at the meeting, if COS agrees
  16. anonseatac Member

Good job, guys. Glad to hear that she did listen to what you all had to say.
  17. DeathHamster Member

O RLY? Or what, she'll tell them twice?
  18. Rockyj Member

Too cool!
    Its weird if she's aware of all this, an educated woman, visited WWP, etc., does she not have access to Google? or St. Peterburgs Times?
    That she can't put 2 + 2 together?!
  19. anonsoulless Member

If she lurks wwp then she should know anon doesn't set fire to cars and smash windows.

"Our" crimes are restricted to smushing flowers.
  20. Major Boyle Member

Suggestion: Check names of "claimed Anonymous" people against completion lists to see if they're Scis. Also see if they're local or out of state. Could have been paid Black PR types from the cult.
  21. Relyt Member

Fucking awesome job, man. They can only fuck with the law so much before the law fucks back.
  22. AnonLover Member

/SALUTE

Well done guise! Very very well done!
  23. Anonymous Member

So basically everybody got handled. It's not epic win, but it's not a bad thing either. It was about all that could be expected and is a step in the right direction with regards to countering the misinformation that the county is being fed. Baby steps FTW.

Question still remains if county will have any success at reigning in scifags crazy plans. We'll see soon enough. Fishy how their keeping these flyers so super sekrit.

Lol at "mediation" with scifags. Aint' gonna happen.

Lol at us being in some sort of predicament because we're loosely organized.
    Being loosly organized is precisely why we're not in a predicament.

Saturday should be fun either way.

Keep on keeping on.
  24. ryangiggs Member

Getting scilon reps in a community meeting with on-the-ball anons would be a major eye opener for jo publics.
    Watch scilons squirm.
    See publics gasp!
  25. anoninoob Member

Hey Pacie, can you elaborate on this point? First I've heard of it.
  26. Anonymous Member

I'm not disputing she believes that to be true, but I'd say most of those calls originated from the Scilons themselves.

Fact remains this woman is going ahead with producing the fliers and getting the passed out on Saturday. She knows Anons protest every month and she knows about this place and yet she never once bothered to try and make contact with any of the local Anons about the issue? Quite frankly it was pretty unprofessional of her to do so.

I sincerely hope someone in her position has not made the mistake of judging on appearances. Some of the language used on here might be repellent to some but jackassery on an internet forum doesn't damage people. An evil, rotten cult which bleeds members dry of money, breaks up families and harasses critics with underhanded tactics does damage people. The sooner Ms. Delorme spots what is really festering in her County the better.
  27. Major Boyle Member

If Delorme is stupid enough to go ahead with this, she's gonna get anally raped by the legal system. Seriously, lawyersfags might want to explain this to her. If she's a $cilon stooge, she deserves this. If she's not, she'd better get a clue damned fast.
  28. Sponge Member

Just how the fuck is random acts of vandalism, not occuring during any protest, even being remotely attributed to anonymous protesters of scientology? Did the perps leave a fucking calling card to each alleged brick they threw or some Mudkips droppings near the alleged burned out vehicle?
  29. Blowex Member

^^^ Basically this ^^^

As I see it, the win here was SouthBay Anons' levelheaded (dare I say dignified?) approach to the situation. Sounds like things were done professionally and calmly, which IMO is exactly the right way to approach someone like Delorme (who I strongly suspect is a hammer in search of nails and therefore must be handled with extreme care). There's a time & place for dancing and masks and caek, and there's a time & place for acting like "normals" =)

Well done SouthBay guise!!
  30. Belladonna Member

And what do Mudkips droppings look like, Sponge? XD
  31. xenubarb Member

Nice...San Diego anon has been told by cops that 'complaints have been pouring in" from residents and business owners around the local org about our protests.

Problem is...there aren't any. Across the street from the org, Luth Research, one of those places that calls to find out which home improvement stores you patronize. Down the street from there, the Paul Mitchell Beauty Academy. Across the street to the north, a parking lot. Kittycorner east, an old Victorian that was one of San Diego's first hospitals. Residential, and occasionally occupied by clammies.

Down 4th Ave. to the south of the org, there's an empty unit that used to be a graphics place.
    There is nothing. Scilons are undoubtedly calling on their cells to complain. There is nobody else in the area who would. Luth comes out to watch us dance on their lunch break.
  32. Anonymous Member

Excellent, TERRIFIC job, Stat Crashers!! I knew you'd all be great!!

Unfortunately, I'm not elated as you are and absolutely should be.

She won't. This is just a politician flapping her gums.

That's why she said she'd modify the flyer. So she could have a reason not to give you one that you'd agree with. Are my tax dollars paying to reprint these disinformation flyers?

This is insane. She told them not to? Who made her Leader of Anonymous? Anyone can post here, even Herro. This is completely inappropriate, if not illegal, and the Scilons should tell her to shove it up her rather large ass.

Oh for fuck's sake.

It's amazing how many forums occur in Santa Clara County without McKee-Stovall's "mediation." No one needs her approval. Who the fuck does she think she is? I think a forum like the one the Norway Anons did in conjunction with the Humanists Society, would be great, with or without the Scilons. Public events with Scilons tend to be quite unedifying.
    I'd like to, but I don't trust public officials.

33. Anonymous Member

It's an unlikely scenario, Scientologists rarely debate a critics in public forum.
    Also the bay area DSAs/OSA terminals are nasty buggers, regularly stalking protesters, harassing the ex-Scientologists, using sprinklers, spraying the footpath with foul smelling fish bait etc. And John Allender (more than any other Scientologist I've observed) absolutely despises Anon. I think it's because he's invested a lot of money as a mission holder and perceives anon to be effecting his income.
  34. Anonymous Member

McKee-Stovall changed her viewpoint because of all the phone calls and emails yesterday, I think.

When I spoke with her, she was adamant that South Bay Anon interferes with people's right to worship and does not engage in Constitutionally protected free speech.

Everyone who contacted her really made a difference. And the people who met with her REALLY did their job! Great work!
  35. Ogsonofgroo Member

Thanks PacMan for the awesome report, you guys have balls, and the gals, well erm, the other parts.
    Really though, it sounds like you have made an incredible inroad for truth and cause, and I can do nothing but applaud your efforts to bring out the truth.
    Should an actual meeting between y'all take place I'm sure it will be very interesting, surely.

Education is the best inoculation, and you're doin' it right imho.

Off to the next page with a huge grin. :D :D :D (I gnu I didn't double-batch my popcorns for nothin' :) )
  36. sheeple Member

I think it is better than that!

She has clearly moved her thought process from her original stand, that the CO$ needed protection to WTF is going on here???? I need more dox!!!

WIN
  37. Anonymous Member

I know a little bit about John Allender, he's been a Scientologist since he was in his early 20's and a Mission Holder for a very long time. His wife Lynda Allender was ED. Executive Director of Stevens Creek Org for a very long time. She now I think works for a private Scientology Company. Their daughter Julia is a Sea Org member fairly high up the food chain, off the top of my head I can't remember her post. There is no chance in hell anyone is going to change his mind about anything. A public forum would at least put their fish stench out in the light of day, but I really don't think is gonna happen. He is going to defend Scientology any way he can until his dying breath.
  38. Qball Member

Now, I got to know... When spokespeople for Anons head out to try to talk sense to oblivious public officials who take the Scilons press releases at face value, what kind of evidence do you take? Transcripts? Video clips on a laptop? Or are you just rambling off the top of your heads?
  39. Optimisticate Member

FTFY
  40. 3rdMan Member

Good move, tho the problem with Gold Packet is it uses wikipedia as reference (unless its been changed).

Still sounds like u guys got positive results. I am very concerned about these police reports, tho and hope u guys find out more about those.

Wow...that is reasonable thinking on her part. That is a good sign.