Customize

San Francisco, March 20, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

San Francisco, March 20, 2010

Date: March 20, 2010 Location: 701 Montgomery St., San Francisco

meet-up point is at the "bronze door" on Columbus Ave. map link:
    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1805/mapur.jpg

If you plan on going during the day, it is confirmed that there will be Anons at the SF morgue from noon to 2 pm. Feel free to show up earlier/later as you see fit. Please show up for the night event in the same location. Consider arriving sometime between 5:30 and 5:45 pm if possible. Bring cameras, spare batteries, etc.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

I vote that we have it on a Caturday other than the SB Statcrashers global raid so let's see when they are going to raid.
  3. Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

We're on for the 13th next month. Any of you guys are more than welcome to join, and we'll send as many of our SB fags up there for yours as we can. Bayfags unite, y0.
  4. Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

Yes, please keep the 13th open for attending the SBSC raid.
  5. Anonymous Member

Promo from the SF morgue:

LRH'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

SEE THE FIRST EVENT OF THE NEW DECADE!
    -A GLOBAL TRIBUTE TO THE MAN WHO STARTED IT ALL
    -OUR BIRTHDAY GIFTS OF EXPANSION IN HIS HONOR
    -THE ANNUAL BIRTHDAY GAME AWARDS
    -AND MUCH, MUCH MORE...

BE THERE
    SATURDAY
    MARCH 20, 2010

AT THE
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
    OF SAN FRANCISCO
    GRAND LOBBY

701 MONTGOMERY STREET
    SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111

DOORS OPEN AT 6:00PM
    EVENT STARTS AT 6:30

CALL (415) 864-3940
    TO CONFIRM YOUR SEAT TODAY!
  6. Anonymous Member

[U]CORRECTION!!!![/U]

SF ORG'S BIRTHDAY EVENT IS MARCH 20TH
  7. slobeck Member

The 20th sounds good. Maybe we can get Kirk Youngman to flip out again. He's so lulzy with his PowerSweaterâ„¢ kirkyoungmansmall.jpg
  8. frankenfag Member

The 20th, will be there with bells on. And more donuts.

Also, the following weekend:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Mark Cabian Member

20th and 27-28th!
  10. slobeck Member

I'd sure like to raid the IAS event too. wait, did you say MORE donuts? /drool
  11. Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

How about a short daytime protest on the 20th (say, from noon to 1 or 2), take a break and then return for the night event?

also, regardless of whatever is decided upon:

Bring Cameras!!
    (and remember to recharge the batteries/have extra batteries)
  12. Mark Cabian Member

Wait - 13th, 20th and 27th? Is being over ambitious going to be confusing? Are you saying we are protesting every Saturday in March but the 6th?
  13. Anonymous Member

Are you saying we should also raid on March 6th?
    Great. Let's do it.
  14. Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

I think what people are saying is:
    • If you want to raid on the 13th, there's an [STRIKE]app[/STRIKE] event for that: go to the <ling>SBSC raid</ling>.
    • If you want to raid on the 20th, there's an [STRIKE]app[/STRIKE] event for that: go to the day/night raid at the SF morgue.
    • If you want to raid on the 27th/28th, there's an [STRIKE]app[/STRIKE] event for that: go to the IAS raid (don't know where yet).

If you only want to do one, two, or none at all, that's your choice, and no one can make it but you.

If you want to raid on any of those days, there are [STRIKE]apps[/STRIKE] events available to you.
  15. Squirrel Member

grrrrr, saw a big glossy DIANETICS ad on the side of the 71 Noriega Muni bus today. Doesn't matter. Can you imagine an ad for a book, on the side of a bus, saying "BUY and READ Dianetics"? The strategy is bound to fail. Yes! I will go BUY the book for $25+ right now. Yeah, right.
  16. Seleighe Member

I can probably make it to the March 20th or 27th protest. It'll be my first one. What time do they start and how long do they usually last?
  17. Anonymous Member

Consensus already, so plan on it! :)
  18. Anontacular Member

I love you.
  19. Anonymous Member

Under "normal" circumstances, these things start at 11 am or noon and go to 2 pm or 3 pm. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. No one is expected to stay the whole time.

I don't think we've reached consensus on what time the one on the 20th is going to be due to the news of a night event. It may end up being just a night event, or a short day raid followed by a night raid.

What are your thoughts?

As for the 27th/28th, we know WHEN but not WHERE. Would someone who is good at getting this sort of info please leak it?
  20. Anonymous Member

Let's kick it around. 12:30 after lunch for 27/28? I can do that.
  21. Anonymous Member

And then 6:00 P.M.? I can do that too. We should party in between :)
  22. doc zhivago Member

Looking at the phone # provided on the IAS pamphlet it's location is at 701 Montgomery St/8 Columbus Ave. I'm assuming it's going to be there, since that's where they do most gatherings/events anyway.

If anyone has any doubts then I'd be more than willing to give an attempt @ speaking Scientologese and giving that Org a call (posting follow-up recording of phone convo on WWP for lulz, of course).
  23. Anonymous Member

According to <ling> this </ling>, it may not be at the org itself. If I remember correctly, last year it was at a hotel somewhat close to the Civic Center BART station.

So finding out where it will be taking place would be very helpful.

I'd make the call, but I've been told that my scilon speek skillz are lacking.

There's still two weeks before the event, so there's no big rush to get a location just yet.

How about we focus on the 20th for now, and we can discuss what needs to be done for the 27th/28th when it gets closer.

For the 20th:
    • Day Raid Only?
    • Night Raid Only?
    • "Full Length" Day Raid + Night Raid?
    • Short Day Raid + Night Raid?

If we agree to a night raid, what should be the start time?
    The leak says doors open at 6 pm, so maybe arrive between 5:30 and 5:45 to enturbulate the early [STRIKE]birds[/STRIKE] squirrels?

Comments? Criticism? Ideas? Discussion?

also:
    !!!! BRING CAMERAS !!!!
  24. Seleighe Member

Saturday sounds good to me. I'd prefer the afternoon, but evening will work. All I have to worry about now is getting downtown wearing a Guy Fawkes mask on the bus.
  25. Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

I recommend that you don't.

There are many nearly deserted side streets within a 5-10 minute walk of the org. Take the bus to downtown, find a side street, mask up, and walk the last section.

---

I vote for a short day raid and then returning later for a night raid.
  26. Anonymous Member

That's how we roll. Keep in mind lurkers (scilon losers) with cameras will be standing around looking suspicious to attempt to intimidate by snapping a photo of you. You'll notice them here and there.
  27. Seleighe Member

Thanks for letting me know. I should probably wear sunglasses and my hat on the way there, just in case. Oh, and I can't bake well enough bring any cake, but what do you say to some good Chinese food? I know a place that is a short while away.

Are we clear on the address, yet?
  28. Anonymous Member

OMG, bring shine knees foods! Spicy to go!
  29. Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

For the 20th, the address is:

701 Montgomery St., San Francisco
    meet-up point is at the "bronze door" on Columbus Ave. [-map-]

What is the consensus on WHEN we'll raid on the 20th?

• Day Raid Only?
    • Night Raid Only?
    • "Full Length" Day Raid + Night Raid?
    • Short Day Raid + Night Raid?
  30. Anonymous Member

Holy crap, you're bringing REAL FOOD? I love this thread.
  31. Anonymous Member

If the culties arrive by 6:30, we should be there ... with light of some kind? 3-7 pm?
  32. doc zhivago Member

I think we should just let all options be open, but put extra emphasis on the Night raid. Usual Day raids are 11-3 it seems. So...what would a "short" raid be?

I think we should arrive between 5:30-6:00. I'm not sure how long the event will last for the $cilons but if it's no more than 2 hours, I'm willing to stay for the full length of the event and the after-party (i.e=enturbulating scifags leaving Hubtards celebration) Maybe 3 hrs. depending on how much foodstuffs and lulz is provided.

In that case, if we're having some sort of Day raid still, then I think we should leave the normal hour options be available and Sffags can come and go as they please...only to meet back for the Night raid.

I plan on attending some part of the day raid (maybe like 90 mins or so passing out flyers) catching a movie for time-fillers (incognito style), and then come back to the Night raid with CAEK.

So...for the 20th:

Day Raid: 11-3pm (optional-come by for support even if you're not staying long)
    Night Raid: Arrive 5:30-6:00 (not sure about departure)

lemme know any ideas or modifications. Also...would bringing signs to the night raid be considered=FAIL?
  33. Seleighe Member

That sounds good. I'll probably stop by around the end of the day raid to see where we are meeting at night. Like I said, I'll bring Chinese food. Should I print up flyers or something, too? I can probably stay the full length of the raid, but not for all of the afterparty. I'm taking the bus there.

By the way, should I wear something on my way to the raid? Say, sunglasses and a hat? This is my first raid, so I'm not too sure.
  34. Re: San Francisco, March _??_ 2010

I'll be there from noon-ish to 2 pm, and then return later for the night raid.

The location for the night raid is the same as the day raid.

Apparently the doors open at 6, so plan on returning a little bit before that.

I think we're good for fliers, but feel free to bring some more.

As long as what you're wearing while at the raid is noticeably different from what you wear while traveling to/from the org, you'll be good. Perhaps wear one jacket while you're traveling to downtown, switch to a different jacket when you mask up, and then switch back when you de-mask and head home.

If wearing a hat and sunglasses makes you feel safer while traveling, go ahead. Just remember that a person wearing sunglasses at night will attract a bit more attention ("huh? why does that person have sunglasses on at this late hour?") than the same person without sunglasses.
  35. Anonymous Member

OP, start a new thread with the time/date chosen. This is too long to sort through. Thanks.
  36. DeadEngineer Member

Re: San Francisco, March 20, 2010

I hope it would be on the 20th, because I have to go to a meeting for three days, from the [STRIKE]19th to the 21st[/STRIKE], so I hope I'll be able to see it and join it there. But, if it's on the [STRIKE]27th or 28th[/STRIKE], I wouldn't be able to go :C
    By the way, I'm new to this, and I already registered on socalanonymous. I'd really love to go, but if it isn't on the same day I'm there, I'll be sitting in there all bummed out.

*sigh*
    I'm sorry, guys, I can't attend, I'm going to be in SF 9th to the 11th... I'm sorry, guys... I really wanted to go :C
  37. Anonymous Member

Bump

Raid is tomorrow, any last minute things that need to be discussed?
  38. Anonymous Member

When?
  39. Re: San Francisco, March 20, 2010

Tommy G and I are hitting it about noon