Customize

Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by xenuslc, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Onion Jesus Member

re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

Hey, I'm willing to protest, but I really can't attend any untill March (When I get my license). I can be up during ALL raids right after March.
  2. re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

A NH Anon here. Was just in your awesome snowy SLC locale for some snowboarding and had the misfortune to book a stay in a scientologist owned/run Best Western.

I knew something was up when we flopped in late and found a complimentary LRH book on the nightstand. It wasn't until the next night that I opened the drawer and found a comp copy of "the road to happiness" in there on top of a bible. We checked the hell out of there the next morning.

The place to avoid: Best Western CottonTree Inn. 1030 N 400 E, North Salt Lake, Utah
  3. Onion Jesus Member

Future protest there / harassment?
  4. re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

The staff wasn't actively pushing the cult on us. In fact the first morning there, I was mentioning the book in our room to the hotel shuttle driver. I started making comments about LRH being a crazy dead hack. He chuckled weakly. I went on that I am retired military and among my fellow servicemen, his church of scientology is widely regarded as a cult. Our driver sure got quiet after that.
    If this is one of those businesses who got suckered in by WISE, I kinda feel sorry for them. I didn't try to help, I just got the hell out of there.
  5. Onion Jesus Member

Has Wenckebach gone away? Does anybody look at this thread anymore? =P
  6. Wenckebach Member

no, I am simply lazy and distracted ;P

@ Live Free: Sorry about your not-so-excellent experience with the hotel, we pretty much just assume all businesses are owned by the LDS church unless we learn otherwise, lol. Hopefully the powder made up for the creepiness factor! Thanks for the tip tho, we'll check it out
  7. Onion Jesus Member

So, I'm good for all of march+ activity... Could we get SOMETHING planned? Even a 2 man... Though I would be bringing one... so 3 man bare minimum. Worst case scenario is that I go out there myself. Haha
  8. Heathen Member

Hey... I'm a newfag, hoping to do some protests in the future around March or April sometime.... SO I hope something gets set up :)
  9. re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

Oh, it did! It was amusing at first to see the LRH book there. My brother didn't really catch on until day 2 when I said pack up, we're changing hotels. He knows I have been protesting before and we quickly found a different hotel to flop at.
    I fully expected plenty of LDS flyers and such, but that blindsided me. Wish I had a mask with me to wear as I left. I may have to have one added to my snowboard.
  10. Onion Jesus Member

I got a couple friends interested in anon, Heathen is one =P another friend would be coming too, sometime next month.
  11. Onion Jesus Member

OR, we can all stop communicating. That seems to be working the best
  12. Anonymous Member

absolutely not :/
  13. Onion Jesus Member

*Sarcasm*
  14. Belladonna Member

15. Onion Jesus Member

Oh Gawd, this was sent to me via e-mail on several occasions.
  16. Smurf Member

FYI - The Cotton Tree is owned by David J. Petersen and his wife Janet. They are both OT VII. The co-own several businesses in Utah and Idaho.

David J. Petersen - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Janet Peterson - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project
  17. Onion Jesus Member

So... Uh... Is nobody up for anymore SLC activity?
  18. Belladonna Member

Hey, how you guise doing out there? Still got an intact school system? ;)
  19. Onion Jesus Member

That guy has been planning to do that for a while. If its going to pass, it won't pass anytime soon.
  20. Belladonna Member

It took CrystalDallas a little while to get her cell restarted, but it's really taken off now. As a matter of fact, raw meat *ahem* I mean noobs are the new craze. Don't mind me while I keep your thread warm.

I'm sorry for your loss of the two California Condors. Rest in Peace, you glorious bastards.

picture61fp.png

"We are not Volunteer Ministers!"
  21. Wenckebach Member

gawwwwwwd you guys

fine, i'll put on my strap-on balls and leaderfag one more time. Then you guys get to help plan :p

March 13 (ELron's Happy Happy B-day) meet in front of main library between 11:15 and 11:30. We will sing songs and eat Happy Happy B-day caek from 11:30-2:00. Now, how many people promise (cross your heart) to actually show up?
  22. Anonymous Member

you don't have too... you can always post anonymously XD
  23. Anonymous Member

I R SheepleFag... and your strap-on leaderfag balls are impressive! WAY more impressive than your real ones. And mine, for that matter.

Longcat is loooong.

And I am now disablefagged. When we met that one time last summer, I was deteriorating, healthwise. Now, I cannot help with standing. I am also now in a far-outlying area (Draper area, though not in Draper).

I sorely want to help if I can. I will PM you. I am posting this anonymously because I wanted to demonstrate that it actually does work, LOL.

Caek... *cries*

I can't have caek again.

PM explains all. Please feel free to relay to xenu outside of WWP. This place skeerz meh.
  24. Onion Jesus Member

Damnit - I can't do March 13th.... Maybe 2 days after that and any date AFTER the 15th? (When I have a car)
  25. MeganonOT8 Member

it seems like many anons have chosen to communicate outside of wwp... XP
  26. Anonymous Member

Yes, communicating ANY kind of personal info is best done through other channels. Call me paranoid, but I happen to know that there are plenty of people who are monitoring the forums well enough not to trust it.

And, the less you trust something, the more security you have.
  27. Onion Jesus Member

Well.... Is anybody going to the festival of colors?
  28. Budd Member

I just got a new I.T. contract and I will be working in Sandy from March 20 through April 17, and would like to help out. I have led protests here in Orlando six or eight times, and participated in local protests while on business trips in New York City and Phoenix.

Looking forward to meeting you guise!
  29. Budd Member

TOO WEIRD. I could believe a copy of the Book of Mormon lying on top of the Gideon Bible, but TWTH? Run, Forrest, run!
  30. Trouble Moderator

Re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

At the request of SLC anons we have changed the title of this thread, you may want to update your links accordingly and if you wish to write an update first post for this thread please feel free to do so.
  31. Onion Jesus Member

March 20th - April 17th is nice for me. During Spring Break is a nice time to get some activity in.
  32. Edweird Member

I will vouch for Budd... had a great time when he came down to Phx to protest with us.
  33. Wenckebach Member

Alrighty then, would the 20th or the 27th be better for all ya'll?
  34. Onion Jesus Member

27th is festival of colors! 20th would work better.

EDIT: Though some other Saturday besides these two would work even better, the 20th might not be good for me either.
  35. Budd Member

And you haven't even seen me at my best!

Now aren't you kind to give such a nice compliment! I take back everything I said about you behind your back. ;)
  36. Onion Jesus Member

Came down with a bad cold. Can't do anything this month, nothin' today or next week.
  37. Mightbejesus Member

I was afraid with the whole LDS thing, Co$ would be largely forgotten. Thankfully, I found y'all. I'm down for a protest on the 27th. Or most other dates, actually; given enough foreknowledge of the event. (and assuming I'm not the only one there lol: first timer here.)
    I'll be the tall guy wearing a black bandana over my face, as I'm too cheap to buy a fawke's mask.
  38. Onion Jesus Member

if we could do an afternoon protest i could make it. But the festival of colors doesnt end till 4
  39. Wenckebach Member

I wouldn't be able to make it to the afternoon on the 27th, but you guys feel free to go for it ;)

Would the 10th of April work for everyone?
  40. Onion Jesus Member

10th of April sounds realllly good. Spring Break protest? I feel that I should come in the nude.