Customize

Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by xenuslc, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Strawbear Member

Re: Salt Lake City - planning

The only way I wouldn't show is if the nation's ports shut down due to piggy illness. Or I die during my operation next month. Or SLC explodes.
  2. Re: Salt Lake City - planning

I'll be there as long as my car holds out and I can afford the gas down there.
    I just found out my unemployment benefits may not go through cause my last employer is trying to screw me out of it, so yeah if I don't make it blame the economy.
  3. Wenckebach Member

Would anyone else be able to make the 30th? At 11:30? At the library?
  4. Re: Salt Lake City - planning

I think I may be able to do that.
    I will be there but I'll have to find a different place to park cause I can't afford the dumbass fee for the parking garage anymore.
    But yes I'll be there and I think I may paint my mask to personalize it a bit.

It helps knowing what you, pasta, onion and xenu look like so that we don't stand around and miss each other.

Lulz xenu came up to me and said I looked like I might have been Anon but I helped him out by flashing my mask.
  5. xenuslc Member

Hooray for anonidentification! Also yeah, I can be there.
  6. Re: Salt Lake City - planning

:mad: I wish I had money. I'd get a flashy speedo and we could do the other Org oiled up summer style.
    On that note anyone need stereo system?
    400W Shelf system. iPod and MP3 player inputs. XM radio input and 3 disc changer.
    It's the JVC MX-K58 system if you want to get the skinny on looks and shit.
    I'm selling for $180 and bought it for almost $300.
    Wal-Mart is "selling" it for $129 but they don't have it in stock on their website and I've never seen it in stores.

Sorry for the classified plug... :rolleyes:
    But until I find a job this is how we (the royal we...Big Lebowski rejoice) do it.

Xenu, you da pimp.
  7. xenuslc Member

Word, homes.
  8. Wenckebach Member

Today at 11:30 at the library.

Be there or be square, homies.
  9. Re: Salt Lake City - planning

Oh I be there alright.
    Let's do this thang.
  10. xenuslc Member

Fo sho mang. See you guys in a bit.
  11. Re: Salt Lake City - planning

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday.
    I left and realized I can't afford to pay for the gas my car guzzles going down there in addition to the fact that I'm house-sitting for a week, needless to say I didn't get very far.
    BUT!
    I did however spark interest in a friend of mine who wants to learn more of the Scifag wrongdoings and would like to accompany us at protests.
    I'm giving her info and links to source material for her to come a conclusion on her own about whether or not it's a worthy cause (it is :p).
  12. Wenckebach Member

Xenu and i have decided that every protester has a base set of 5 Man Points. For every protest the protester don't show up to, the he/she loses 1 Man Point. When a protester reaches 0, his/her avatar will be shooped into a pretty pink dress and hairbow and he/she will be given a Speshul Title, to be revealed to the first winrar.

On a lighter note, what field of work or area of study is your friend interested in? Whatever it is, I guarantee I can give you links to something scilon-related. Ok, except visual/audio arts. I've only got 1 old article for visual arts and none for muziks :(
  13. Wenckebach Member

re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

Is the 20th ok for everyone? I now own a printer so we'll actually have FLYERS to hand out to ppl this time lol. And cards.

Also, due to The Pirate Bay supporting our efforts, musics will consist of sea shanties and other piratey goodness (suggestions welcome)(no srsly, I only have a few pirate songs)
  14. RedHeron Member

I'm new.

And I'm down.

Just say where and when.
  15. Wenckebach Member

1130 am at the the Main Library is the usual lol
  16. RedHeron Member

Oddly enough, I'm usually there with my trusty laptop on the carrels over on the balcony... so, roof? Main level? 5th floor bathroom?

Just kidding about the main level. That's just silly.
  17. xenuslc Member

20th works for me. Wenckebach: Do you have Captain Dan?
  18. RedHeron Member

Wenckebach: please say you do! I don't have a CD any more.
  19. xenuslc Member

Also, I just got this email:
    "Greetings.

I live in SLC, and I'm homeless.

Many of us believe in Anonymous.

But we are flat fucking broke."

I told him to check out WWP and come to the protests; if anyone is lurking here and not sure whether or not to come, stop by! Everyone is welcome and unlike Scientology you don't need to buy anything.
  20. RedHeron Member

Except that Scientology isn't quite what it claims to be?

I'll buy that for a dollar!
  21. Wenckebach Member

I don't have Captain Dan. HAVE I BEEN MISSING SOMETHING IMPORTANT IN MY LIFE?!

And yes, lurkers are always welcome to show up at the protests! We usually have extra flyers and/or signs for ppl who can't get their own. And you don't need a V mask for reals and for srs; some sunglasses or a bandanna is fine too.

@ Redheron: we meet in front of the library and then move a block or two over so we're in front of the Org. Library's just a convenient landmark for meeting other anons :)
  22. RedHeron Member

Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew... it's Pirate-style hip-hop done by white guys with way too much time on their hands. There's also YouTube vidz of them, IIRC. I've spoken with the artists before, they're out of Florida. Google them! They're awesome, and the lulz factor ranks from moderate to epic (depending on how well we can pull it off). :)

Recruitment: 4 people say "yes" 2 more say "if I can". The "no" answers are not counted, but I haven't asked a whole bunch of people.

Cool. I'm going to wear skulls. And a bedsheet... And... And... I don't have sign materials. (checks) Magic marker, no posterboard. I'll have to drop by the dollar store and see if they have any.

This is gonna be so win. :)
  23. Wenckebach Member

yeah, we better get a decent turn-out this time. Mostly cuz I have a metric shit-ton of fliers to hand out and I don't wanna give them all out myself lol

Also, I will bring a few extra signs. And Oreo caek. Someone please to be bringing water?
  24. re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

I may be able to bring the water depending on how many hours I work cleaning for some family friends. I'll know by tomorrow night. Also, my pal may join us on her first Anon protest for the glorious Sea arrgh!
  25. Wenckebach Member

lol, actually even if you just bring the cheapo gallon jugs of water I'll bring plastic cups. I just have too much crap to carry to try to bring water too T_T
  26. RedHeron Member

Got the plastic cups covered, Wenckeback ... just bring you. :)
  27. re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

20th for sure? Same meeting place? 11:30?
    I've got the water handled. I can bring a few gallons and perhaps a cooler if the padre is cool with it.
  28. Wenckebach Member

cool beans. And yes, we'll be meeting in front of the library at 1130 on Caturday

btw, I have come to the conclusion that there is a LOT of really bad pirate music out there. As in, the Spenge-Bab theme ranks above them in coolness as well as likelyhood of making the raid track.
  29. re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

Ok I've secured water, a Gatorade water cooler (with one of those silly plastic peens for dispensing water into plastic cups) and I'll pick up ice on the way down.
    If anyone can bring a fold out chair or table for the cooler that would help greatly.
    I'm gonna see if I can find a cheap ass pirate accessory while getting ice.
    SEA ARRGH ARE GO!
    Does anyone have sunscreen? Just wondureen.
  30. RedHeron Member

Sunscreen for what? It's raining!

Oh, and... I need to grab some plastic cups. I'm at the library, but I wanna wait until there are actually people here before I go and leave... don't wanna overcomplicate.

I have a mask, but I'm not wearing it.

If you don't show up, that'll make me a sad panda.
  31. re: Salt Lake City Utah - Planning

Fuck I lost track of time...
    If I show up down there a little late there had better be some peeps in masks outside (rain or shine). Gah I'm leaving right now!
  32. RedHeron Member

I'm annoying the world, it seems...

And I'm doing it one person at a time.

Green for Iran! :)
  33. RedHeron Member

Nobody showed... it's been an hour, and I've been awwwwww awone!

It's officially lame.

So... next week! Same bat-time, same bat-channel?
  34. Wenckebach Member

aw shit son, it's RAINING. I stood in front of the library until I got soaked and noticed my electronics were also getting wet. Srsly, like 20 min. and noone was there.

btw, redheron if that was you that I talked to then ran away from by the elevators, I apologize. Please understand that I usually show up in not-particularly-modest outfits and get approached by creepy older guys a lot. Makes me paaaaaaranoid.

Nobody seems to want to wear a clothing identifier, so how about a code? If you think you see an anon, go and ask them if they've seen your cat. Hold your hands pretty wide apart and say "he's about this long, has white fur and his name is Kipz."<---- this should help us find everybody.

Please note that on protest days SLC and I are usually hanging out looking conspicuously out of place next to the juggalos in front of the library until about noon.
  35. Wenckebach Member

And yes, next week. 1130 in front of the library. Srsly rain or shine; I will bring plastic for my electronics and figure out something for the signs.

Redheron, you said you're a graphic designer, do you have any suggestions for good places to go to get flags/banners made (screenprints)?
  36. RedHeron Member

I was wearing green. I was talking to a wolf and holding a panda mask (which broke as I showed up to the library).
  37. RedHeron Member

And.... nice code there. I'm sure the scilons monitoring this forum'll love it. :D
  38. Wenckebach Member

pfft, better than standing around wondering if that person looking shiftily at you is an anon or a drug dealer. At least with the code you know you won't get ppl trying to sell you who-knows-what.

I was wearing a bright red shirt and hauling big black bags. I stood under the trees outside and still got rained on T_T
  39. RedHeron Member

I'm working on which place can cut me the best break on printing, FWIW... should have that done by Monday.
  40. RedHeron Member

Hey, lady... you got da stuff?

Didn't actually see you. :-(

*sigh*

Okay, if it rains next week? Main front area inside by the tables. Not sure what I'm doing for a mask yet, but I'll wear my black tee with skulls on it.