Customize

Saint Hill business rates

Discussion in 'Scientology Property Tax' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Saint Hill business rates

Nice one, Roland! Useful info.

Scientology rates relief for St. Hill Manor and grounds - WhatDoTheyKnow

2. Anonymous Member

3. Sponge Member

Re: Saint Hill business rates

and guess what? They didn't sue in the high court or ECHR. (note to City of London council and QC Crow).
  4. Bluebell Member

We can use this against Col, can't we?
  5. Anonymous Member

Definitely.

Also worth noting that we've found a falsehood in the information which COSREC gave to City of London in their meeting of 30/08/2006:

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/NR/r...8/0/AU_ContemporaneousNoteofMeeting300806.pdf

We now know that was untrue.
  6. RolandRB Member

I suspected it was untrue and that they made an application a number of years ago. It would have been St. Hill first, after all. It's just logical and that is why I persisted. We now see that they lied to the CoLCorp which was what I suspected. They got their rates relief partly due to this lie.

I will be busy at work as they found me some work to do so I won't be able to do any work on this for a while (unless I get bored).
  7. RolandRB Member

It is what the Scientology Scriptures call "telling an acceptable truth". They were just following their religion. Who can blame them for that? :eek:)
  8. RolandRB Member

I thought so and that's why I persisted. They LIED to the CoLCorp to get rates relief and that is called FRAUD. It is a criminal offence.

And it's my fucking birthday tomorrow so that's the best present I ever had. :eek:)
  9. Sponge Member

Oh lordy! LOL.

Clearly Hodkin really did not want CoL to go asking questions of Mid Sussex Council otherwise it would be game over. So he lied.

To reiterate:
    PETER HODKIN, SOLICITOR FOR THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY IS A PROVEN LIAR. HE LIED TO A GOVERNMENT AUTHORITY IN ORDER TO GET FAVOURABLE LOCAL TAX CONCESSIONS FOR HIS CLIENT, THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY. IT IS A MATTER OF OFFICIALLY DOCUMENTED FACT.

Now if further enquiries prove that it was Peter Hodkin's name on the 1999 application to Mid Sussex Council for St.Hill then he can't use the final weak plea of ignorance and it's game set and match.
    Can he be disbarred for such a thing or criminally prosecuted for fraud? Can we put his face on a shoop of a "Liar Liar" movie poster and stick it up around East Grinstead without fear of being sued?

New Advertising slogan:
    Peter Hodkin Solicitors - Why lose when you can lie?
  10. RolandRB Member

Yes
  11. Bluebell Member

HAVE A GREAT FUCKING DAY, Roland

We'll get there bit by bit Roland, then I think party all round
  12. AnonLover Member

two-fisted double fist pump for Roland + WT + Hivemind = glorious WIN! you bastards ROCK!

And happy birthday Roland!! Wow. The Web, is unravelling around Peter Hodkin and his pet cult, and its a beautiful sight to behold!
  13. Bluebell Member

Quoted again cos I feel like it
  14. RolandRB Member

Thanks. I think a beer or two is in order. :eek:)
  15. Sponge Member

and here's one oompa loompa...

kaiopp27.jpg

;)
    Happy Birthday.

Meanwhile, over at the Hodkins....

[IMG]
  16. RolandRB Member

You don't know that Peter Hodkin was anything to do with the 1999 application nor Massimo. They might have been totally unaware of it. You have made a shameful accusation without any proven foundation. Withdraw it now or I feed you to Peter Hodkin!

Hodkin & Company Solicitors and Notary Public

---------------------
    Dear Pete,

There has been some unfortunate confusion about the application for rates relief made in 1999 concerning the buildings and grounds of St. Hill Manor. For some reason, the insane cohorts of the group "Anonymous" have assumed that you were aware of this 1999 application for rates relief from the local authority but I am sure this is not true, otherwise in your application for rates relief to the CoLCorp, you be construed as "lying" which is not a possibility as you are a member of the most ethical group on the planet.

I would like to bring this to your attention so you can speedily clear up any misconceptions held by these ill-informed schoolboys, lunatics and other miscreants and thus clear your name.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/329-.../saint-hill-business-rates-72796/#post1341218
  17. RolandRB Member

Too late. Now you are fucked.
  18. Sponge Member

Do it!
  19. RolandRB Member

Bye Old Son!

Edit: If I were you I would start gushing apologies now!
  20. Bluebell Member

Hold on a sec ....... Mid Sussex District Council have NOT been quite truthful with us.

In this FOI dated 26 Dec 2009
    Business rates; Scientology, Saint Hill Manor

WT response dated 26 Dec 2009
    "Please provide details of any relief from business rates which applies, or has applied at any time over the past 10 years, to St hill"

Council response dated 26 Jan 2010
    The say about Sci getting Transitional Rate Relief in April 2005 and Sci having to pay it back later in the year.

WT response dated 26 Jan 2010
    "Have the property owners applied for mandatory relief (and been rejected), or have they not applied?"

Council response dated 28 Jan 2010
    "We have checked with our Revenues section. There has not been any application for rate relief in the last ten years."

YET in Roland's FOI dated 7 Oct 2010
    Scientology rates relief: Saint Hill Manor

Roland basicaly asks the same thing as WT

"Please tell me if the Church of Scientology located at St. Hill Manor and grounds have at any time in their history applied for mandatory or discretionary rates relief and if so, please provide dates and the decision reached."

Council response dated 22 Oct 2010

Thank you for your email. We have consulted with our Council Tax section, who have provided the following.

The notes on the account for Saint Hill Manor show that an application for rate relief was received from them in 1999. It was refused because they are not a registered charity in the UK.

So what I don't get is wouldn't the year 1999 be included in WT's FOI
  21. Anonymous Member

I made my request on 26 December 2009, for the past 10 years up to that date, so the time period was 26 December 1999 to 26 December 2009. And the application presumably took place before 26 December 2009.

The Council's response seems kosher to me. It's a good thing Roland put in a broader request though.

- WT.
  22. BigBeard Member

No, WT's request was specifically for the last 10 years and was sent on 26 Dec 2009 and processed 26 January 2009. At best, going back 10 years from the date submited gets you to 26 Dec 1999, or worse, 10 years from 26 January gets you back to 26 Jan 2000. If the application happened before 26 Dec 1999, bureaucrats being bureaucrats, you would get no info about it with this request.

Roland's request was open ended, i.e., "at any time in their history," so he did get the 1999 information in the response to his request.

So I'd say setting time period limits on FOI requests needs to be considered very carefully, or you might not find out about something that actually exists.

BigBeard
  23. Bluebell Member

Ok fair enough, WT and BigBeard
  24. Anonymous Member

Beardy has a point.

- WT
  25. AnonyVix Member

Here's what I expect is the deal, or what Hodkins will say.

Now, did Hodkin handle the application for East Grinstead?

If he did, well tut tut. If not he probably has enough to get out of it. Some lawyers have a habit of not knowing things that may go against their case - or at least having plausible deniability.
  26. Anonymous Member

Next FOI req to East Grinstead should also ask what the business rates paid for East Grinstead were in the year they met with CoL.
  27. Anonymous Member

28. AnonyVix Member

RolandRB, considering you said "They lied to CoLCorp" first wtf is this all about?

Aside from being more specific and adding emphasis sponge was merely "reiterating" what you said. In context your statement is just as damning but worse you would be considered the "horses mouth", which is why I made the point I did above with reference to your first comment; which I made prior to reading the rest of this thread.

It was you RolandRB that I perceived as casting the first aspersion and sponge merely "reiterated" it. I think there is something in UK liable law about repeating the accusations of others as a defence; it's a thorny area and one I'm part of the campaign to reform.

Sponge's defence would go something like this: RolandRb made what I believed to be a knowledgeable statement that "they lied to CoLCorp". He had announced that he had received an answer to his FOI request regarding tax rebate applications for Saint Hill Manor so I presumed his statements to be based upon knowledge he'd gleaned from that information. In context Hodkin was the only party of the topic in question to which "they lied to CoLCorp" applied given that Hodkin were the ones presenting to CoLCorp.

For his own part Sponge should probably retract his statement in light of your more recent comments until some real evidence of wrong doing comes to light.

For your part, why so quick to "feed" someone to Hodkin? OK you have a clear sense of justice but that's stretching it a bit, hell I wouldn't dream of doing anything similar unless someone did something I took personally, then I'd bury them - metaphorically - but I wouldn't sic the cult on them.

Other than that have a very happy birthday - I know that may read as sarcasm in this context but I actually do mean it.

I hope I've got the wrong end of the stick and you and sponge are just joking around.
  29. Sponge Member

We shall see, 20 or so days from now, in the next FOI request which is asksing for that actual 1999 actual.
    It's odds on it'll be Hodkin's name on it since he's the one who deals with all that kind of stuff for the cult through the 90's to present day.
  30. Anonymous Member

You have and they are.
  31. AnonyVix Member

Thank fuck for that!
  32. AnonyVix Member

One can only hope... :) you think the council records might get lost or the council records office burn down or something between now and then?
  33. Anonymous Member

The records might have already been destroyed (as part of the normal course of business). They don't keep everything forever.
  34. Rheinländer Member

All the best for you and much more news like this! ;)
  35. Sponge Member

Regardless, would Peter Hodkin really feel safe denying something he knows to be fact, especially under oath because then he risks perjury too if a missing document just happens to turn up?
  36. Sponge Member

But wait!......Oh noes!.....

solicitorsletter1b.jpg
  37. Anonymous Member

I think he's still joking, Vix. ;)
  38. RolandRB Member

They would have both known. Hodkin and Co. has been around since 1994 and Massimo was working for OSA in 1999 if memory serves because it was that year or one or two years before that he phoned me at home and threatened to sue me when some lone nutter attacked one of the clam leafletters in Poole.
  39. RolandRB Member

I think we will get lucky here. The local council treasure their run-ins with the cult and will keep such things as trophies.

Edit: And........£££££££££££££££ ------ I got pound signs on this keyboard (Swiss-German).
  40. RolandRB Member

They will have to redact the name. You will have to go with the handwriting.