Customize

*Safe Grad* Night at the SF ORG

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by skeptic2girl, Jun 4, 2011.

1. skeptic2girl Member

We came for the some pomp and circumstance and to congratulate the grads of a vague Scilon ceremony that was supposed to take place at 6:15 pm PST. Well, I was late getting there so I missed the thing but we got the impression that there was nothing to miss. The org was, in the words of one Anon, "deader than Marty Rathbun's sex drive."

The Org Borg immediately hung up a burgundy curtain on the windowed side door of the org to block the view inside the org (or the view out, it can be assumed), and began drawing the curtains on other windows. On some, they didn't even bother. Scilon vids played non-stop to no one in particular.

More troubling was the fact that our party was forced to eventually break up due to a really hyper, angry police officer. (We didn't end early, but I think most of us would have stayed longer otherwise.) The cop - and usually the SFPD is pretty cool to us - asked us in the beginning how long we were going to be there - which I didn't consider any of his business but it seemed wise to not bring that up. 9pm, we said. So when it was about quarter past nine and the cops had gotten on our case for chalk sidewalk art and for dancing in the streets (as opposed to the sidewalk) and for Moog's not-loud music and they were hanging around waiting for us to leave, it seemed like a good time to pack up.

It had also begun to rain in earnest - with breaks here and there. At one point, as the rain streamed down and the colorful chalk drawings washed away I was reminded of Mary Poppins when Mary and the kids get soaked after an afternoon of Technicolor cartoon fun with Dick Van Dyke only to have it rain and his pretty pastel paintings wash away and they have to go back to reality.

We got to talk to a lot of passersby -- one young lady who lived near the org said that they bothered her non-stop. She even stuck up for us to the police officer, pointing out that whatever we were doing was nothing compared with what the cult was doing and the music wasn't half as loud as the traffic going by.

It turns out there are a lot of idiots in this world. One guy - and I swear he was not being facetious - asked Goofy, who was holding a "Scientology Kills" sign, "Are you For or Against Scientology?! It's not clear..." About 5 other people/groups of people asked us that. As one Anon pointed out, people don't tend to read signs. You can be illiterate and not be stupid and you can be stupid and illiterate but some people are Just Plain Stupid.

Many people took pictures, including some tourists from Uruguay who were happy to report that - as far as they knew - the cult hadn't infiltrated their home country.

I had created a thread, something like, A Question for Femme Anons, a few weeks ago asking if any had had any trouble from rude oglers who seemed particularly bold because of the fact that we wear masks.

That thread came to mind as a guy passing by asked for a pic. It was normal at first. Group shot. Then he gestured to me, "Okay, one just with her." Wtf? Next time it's Just Say No for me. He put his arm around my waist and I began to notice it creep northwards. "Watch where you put your hands!" I said. I'm so naive! I assumed it was just by accident until he touched my boob and tried to kiss me, pointing out he was "only" kissing my mask. He moved in for a giant bear hug but by that time I had wised up and, frankly, ran away from him. So creepy. Who the fuck did he think he was? I love dressing up for these gigs - it's not like I go to the opera all the time and have other chances to wear formal wear - but I'm beginning to rethink this. Guys get all crazy. Maybe it's because it's the city. No idea.

Anyway, Moog saw his "friend," Joe, who drove by several times in a snazzy white mini-van. He (Joe) apparently came in the back way, because we saw him leave but never saw him enter the org.

There were about 10 people at our raid - thanks to all who came! A cool, fun girl who was passing by even joined in at one point, sign in one hand, umbrella in the other.

Moog and Goofy have pics. I only have words. I was reminded the whole time, what with the aggressive policeman and the pervert, that even though this is all very fun, it's also really intense. Not everyone's in it just for laughs and we need to be careful.

Still, it's safer than Scientology.
    • Like Like x 19
  2. Anonymous Member

Thanks you guise for raiding in the rain.
    Look forward to pics.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Sorry to hear about your being grabbed. Your story was quite well-written. You come across as being a decent human being.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. BLiP Member

Thank you SanFran, once again.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. slobeck Member

SF cops are usually way mellower. Even if they're about to take away you're pot. wait. Oh man!
    These are people who clearly have not had their weed taken away by a "mellow" SF cop.
    No, you're right. Its this glorious fuckbubble we live in. I mean, it's a city where you can see this parked around the corner from your 3 room $2200 a month apartment (With 2 roommates) creepysfWTFvan.jpg
    please note the message above the door handle. i lol'd
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Ann O'Nymous Member

Sounds good.
  7. adhocrat Member

What loyal SF Giant fans see
    sfgiants.png
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

A real man would make you want to be grabbed.

Unfortunately, we're a rare breed. I hope it doesn't discourage you from doing what you like. Keep on rocking!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. xenubarb Member

The whole trick to that is the ability to make a woman's knees too weak to run. If you can do that, she likes you.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

Raid pic from SF Chanology ning:

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Anonymous Member

"Scientology: when you want some crazy with your evil" - brilliant, kudos to whoever came up with that slogan.
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Ogsonofgroo Member

Great reportage and other than attempted/weird grope thingy and grumpy cop sounds like it was an awesome adventure,
    SanFrananons ROCKIN' ON!
    • Like Like x 2
  13. amaX Member

I LOVE the "Scientology: when you want some crazy with your evil!" signage! Whoever came up with that one? THANK YOU! I'm going to make one up for the Clearwater Cell! Awesome job, guys!
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Anonymous Member

sydanonhannakiss2.jpg

Yeah, totally.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. xenubarb Member

No. Just...no.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. MOOG Member

a few stills from the first 25 minutes!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Nice pic of me and the wife...thanks guys....:)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. skeptic2girl Member

I remember that lady in the aqua sweatshirt! Did she say anything to you, Tulu?

Great pics, Moog!

xxooo proudpts
    • Like Like x 1