Customize

[Rumor/Speculation] Partnership for a Drug-Free America (drugfree.org)

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

[Rumor/Speculation] Partnership for a Drug-Free America (drugfree.org)

I recently found my local government is funding this group, and before I complain about it, I wonder what good arguments there are besides: It's bad mmkay?

CCHR has their nutty "psychiatry: industry of death" and Narconon has their nutty "drugs in fatty tissues" lie. Partnership for a Drug-Free America message is mainly "Won't someone please think of the children?", so they look pretty benign and sacrosanct.

Anyone have some damning info or more info about Scientology connections or suggestions?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Partnership for a Drug-Free America (drugfree.org) info needed

The officers looked legit, even with prof. of psychiatry on board.
  3. xenubarb Member

Find the quote about the purpose of front groups. (promote Scientology) Explain that Scientology beliefs are harmful. Jeremy Perkins, Linda Waliki and Kyle Brennan are three examples.

Explain how these people are giving unqualified medical advice, and go to http://narconon-exposed.org to get good info on Narconon, which they tout as a highly effective drug rehab. I posted an article on WWP yesterday that was written by a woman who works on exposing Narconon fraud. Discuss Second Chance in Albuquerque, and how they got shot down in Hawaii after they surfaced a month after the NM fiasco.

You also might mention that anyone who gives contact information will go on a Scilon mailing list and they will be pestered for the rest of their lives by Scientology junk mail.
    Also, there are better programs out there that have no link to a destructive cult. You might want to point that out.

How's that?
  4. Gede Member

Not that I love the "war on drugs" or anything - I think it's a load of crap and a waste of public money, but Partnership for a Drug-Free America isn't a Scientology front group...unless I'm missing OPs question?

I read the post as "here's another front group, how to take them down?" Additionally, I think you might be hard pressed to find a local government that is NOT supporting them...cuz, ya know, they're legit...?
  5. Re: Partnership for a Drug-Free America (drugfree.org) info needed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partnership_for_a_Drug-Free_America

Edit:

PDFA was the subject of criticism when it was revealed by Cynthia Cotts of the Village Voice that their federal tax returns showed that they had received several million dollars worth of funding from major pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol corporations [snip]

I'd say that's pretty much the end of the story.
  6. xenubarb Member

Oh, heh. You know how Narconon kind of sounds like a twelve step program? Here:

The Foundation for a Drug Free World doesn't sound similar to Partnership for a Drug Free America at all!

http://thefreshscent.com/tag/drug-free-america/
  7. Anonymous Member

??? Ok, I guess I was thinking "where there's smoke, there's fire" and I am wrong. I see "drug free marshalls" from CoS being welcomed with open arms by PfDFA. I see CCHR and Narconon citing studies done by PfDFA. Too many non-profits...

But I'm keeping my eye on them. :)
  8. Anonymous Member

I think the source of my (OP) confusion has been found.

drugfree.org
    drugfreeworld.org <-scilons

Are the Scientologists not aware that people might get confused and think their front group is a legitimate organization???

thanks all, thread is done I guess
  9. Haruhi Member

Re: [Rumor/Speculation] Partnership for a Drug-Free America (drugfree.org)

Thread title changed for clarification, but I think the thread can stay in this sub-forum.
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

FIFY
  11. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

drugfreeworld.org == No illegal drugs and psychiatric drugs that can help people.

drugfree.org == No weed...and maybe, on the occasion, another illegal drug like ...

Only similarity is that they both say they are making a difference when they are not!