Customize

Ron Savelo DMCA

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by A.Non Hubbard, Feb 27, 2009.

1. skollie Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Ron Savelo DMCA

Kind of ironic that the deposition where the cult deposed him is what proves that his videos can stay on the internet i thought.
  3. Ramona Member

4. LilDebbie Member

that's how one deals with unconstitutional laws. it's called the balance of power. look it up.
  5. Herro Member

Suing the federal government... YouTube videos.
  6. ARC Member

Taxes ..... dressing like Indians ..... tea.
  7. LilDebbie Member

i believe that ^ is what they call "pwnt" in internet parlance.
  8. Herro Member

Lets see. Popular action against oppressive taxation system in an environment already conducive to armed revolution... suing the government because someone got youtube to take down your videos... yeah.
  9. Anonymous Member

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

but you can still see it here it has been mirrored.
    YouTube - the late Shawn Lonsdale attacked by ron savelo video not owned by ron savelo or his company
  10. Anonynamefag Member

ToS violation? What rule did it break?
  11. Junta Member

Ya wat happened?
  12. Anonymous Member

That's the problem - YouTube isn't entitled to tell anybody their reasons for removing a video, even with Community Guidelines. Thunderf00t had this video taken down due to TOS at one point:
    YouTube - Youtube vs The Users

When enough people mirrored it, and expressed their rage, he got it back. But in his successive videos, he explains how he doesn't understand why the video was taken down. When videos go down due to TOS, they don't explain, and when trying to ask them, they usually don't give an answer.

It was either a flagging campaign by many individuals, or Ron Savelo has the power to flag videos for TOS. This video also was taken down after a hundred thousand hits due to TOS without any explanation (mirrored in TheShadow's channel):
    YouTube - Bart Simpson (Nancy Cartwright) promotes Scientology

DMCA takedowns differ in TOS takedowns because at least with DMCA takedowns, we learn who actually claimed copyright over it. TOS, says nothing, nada, even if we try to ask.
  13. Junta Member

I would epress my consern in a email to youtube and ask the meaning of this even if it being futile
  14. Anonynamefag Member

Just out of curiosity, is Ron still doing this shit?
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Savelo is hard-core-in-on-the-con up to his scaley neck in it for many years, don't expect any changes soon, if ever.
    I notice about 5% or so of the vids I've compiled are now unavailable, and have little doubt this is all part of their troll program, merely another tentacle of the creature calling itself 'the most ethical people on the planet'. Laughable, almost, in the level of pathetic they reach.

:)
  16. Anonymous Member

did anything come of this?
  17. Anonymous Member

Hit a snag, up in the air right now thought it would be best not to say anything.
  18. anon348 Member

huh.

Did OP ever counter?
  19. 0815 Member

Are Ron and Ollie still fucking with us online? Yes, so that should answer your question.
  20. Anonymous Member

Freedom Magazine TV's youtube account is suspended.
    Hm. Could this have something to do with their YouTube advertising campaing expiring on July 31st, and YouTube finally starting to ban them for their crimes in a delayed action?
  21. 0815 Member

Ollie still removes videos and his account was suspended long time ago.
  22. Anonymous Member

DMCA removals? Just get a namefag and do a counternotice, if you have the law on your side. It's not THAT hard, right?
  23. 0815 Member

I'm right behind you on this so go ahead :D
  24. Anonymous Member

Yes I have already done this and it works. But you have to be the uploader to do it, or at least make sure you're the only one who does it.
  25. Re: Ron Savelo DMCA

Got a link? I can't remember the channel name proper...
  26. Anonymous Member

Wait, no. I suck cocks. That was a fake link. The real one is up:

Fake: http://youtube.com/FreedomMagazineTV
    Real: http://www.youtube.com/FreedommagTV
  27. 0815 Member

DOX or GTFU :p
  28. Anonymous Member

My dox are safely with the EFF. If you want to ask Eva Halperin of the EFF if DMCA counter-notices to YouTube submitted via an agent, protecting the anonymity of the uploader, are respected by YouTube, she will answer you.
  29. Anonymous Member

Any results or are you just full of shit?
  30. Anonymous Member

My counterclaim worked in that the video was restored. I said the EFF has my info, specifically Eva Galperin (not Halperin as I first wrote sorry).
  31. 0815 Member

What is the result? Any criminal charges?
  32. Anonymous Member

Heavens, no! YouTube wouldn't even send me a copy of the DMCA complaint so I had something to send to a lawyer or law enforcement.

I have autorized the EFF to represent me in case they want to take it up as a lawsuit against Savelo or his organizations, and would also join a class action suit, but I don't have the funds to press charges or civil suit all on my own.

As for prejury charges from a DA, they hardly even prosecute people for lying in court, so I don't imagine it'll be a priority for the DA. I think it'll be a civil suit if it ever happens.
  33. 0815 Member

Fucking depressing!!! Why is the EFF not more active on this case?
  34. Anonymous Member

Limited resources. They've been great with following it and writing press releases about it. Donate to the EFF if you want them to be able to do more things and get more lawyers.
  35. Anonymous Member

If you know what you are talking about that is a pretty low blow.

They consider their job to make it possible for you to file a lawsuit not do it for you because you are afraid to namefag yourself.
  36. Anonymous Member

This, but they also do take some high-profile cases to set precedent or make examples of especially bad violators, like Michael Crook.
  37. Anonymous Member

Cults are not on their list?
  38. Anonymous Member

Sure, but when you are setting examples you don't take many of the same type of case. They've already done false DMCA claim case.
  39. 0815 Member

Make it simple: Our cause brings no PR, no money and the EFF has no balls to go against JewTube/Google so people like Ron and Ollie continue to roam free, WTF!
  40. Anonymous Member

I'm starting to dislike you 0815. That fucktard Crook wasn't rich. YouTube/Google is. If they were going for rich targets, they wouldn't be going after Crook. They went after him to make an example of him. But they do regularly criticise both big corporations and the government, as well as praising things they do right.

Can you get some big picture here 0815, or are we going to be monomaniacs about a small-time stagnant businessman from Florida? If you care so much about him, make some videos about him, see him take down your videos by committing felony prejury and then take him to court yourself. It's not rocket science this.