Customize

RON SAVELO B& FROM YOUTUBE

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by Anonymous, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: RON SAVELO B& FROM YOUTUBE

In War dear Yahrly, there are many battles. In war, when steps go in a good direction against tyrants and murders and soul killers, wins are welcome and a sign of movement is going in favor of of our side and considered a win. You're a funny guy, but admit it. you look for wins by trolling wwp, how minuscule is that ?
    It is you sadly you, who are insignifigant and have such a low self esteem that you have to bust the moral of the troops in this war, so you my dear friend, making such trolling statements like the above, may as well be on their side, because your lulz trolling is cheap and insignifigant. I really don't desire to have this become my general opinion of you as you really are funny when you don't bust down on the troops moral. Get with the program or kind shut up and/or leave.
  2. ARC Member

I have not, and even if I did it is unlikely that they would prosecute even this open-and-shut case unless YouTube or the EFF pushes for a prosecution. We have Savelo's admission of the substantive facts of the crime as well as his intention to break the law, but the victim with substantial financial loss here is YouTube and I personally don't think the prosecutor finds it in the public interest to prosecute. YouTube seems to be satisfied with just banning the cretin from their services, but I'm of course not 100% certain of that; they could file a civil case, perhaps even a small claims case against him to discourage him and other violators like him from wasting their time on investigating bogus DMCA claims.
  3. Anonymous Member

117577782814.jpg
  4. Old Shadow Member

I trust the Ron Savelo ED article has been updated to include his Youtube b&?
  5. 3rdMan Member

Am I to understand that legally, youtube is the real victim of any false DMCA claim and it would therefore be up to them to determine whether to seek legal consequences against Ron? Meaning anyone who uses youtube's service can get dicked around through criminally false DMCA claims without legal protection?

Also, how do we know the FBI wouldn't do anything?
  6. Anonynamefag Member

They're too busy hunting for terrorists in the general population and trying to root out pedophiles on social networking sites to care about false DMCA claims.
  7. 3rdMan Member

Locked Up: FBI?s Top Ten News Stories for the Week Ending August 21, 2009 - General News

Judging from this article which leads to a lot of FBI operation news provided by the FBI itself for the month of August (check the full story of each mention), it looks like they have been doing a lot of things aside from "findtheterrorist"; which includes ending gambling-rings, fraud, and illegal bribery. I restate my question: How do we know the FBI wouldn't do anything?
  8. Anonymous Member

I see your

With

2vrtrbq.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

I fucking lol'd.
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

LRH's thetan is telling me that yes, he does approve, quite vigorously.

...ohh wait, that's just my hand.

Probably tinfoil OD is you, but that is interesting.
  11. ARC Member

I'm not saying that YouTube is the only victim. The YouTube users are also victims, but most of us didn't have to spend paid time or buy services to rectify what Savelo did to us. YouTube wasted man-hours on this, which is easy to quantify. Does false DMCA requests amount to a significant cost to society? Maybe not compared to many other crimes, but it probably costs several million dollars each year, so the FBI could make an example out of Savelo, but I doubt it.

Also notice that most of those cases involve large monetary sums and/or government corruption or attacks.

If any of you have had financial damages from Ron Savelo's fraudulent DMCA claims, you can certainly sue him for it, or take it to the FBI. And if he starts doing them again we could get an injunction against him. It would be good to get YouTube and the EFF on your side in the case as well, and publicise the verdict well so it serves as a deterrent against similar violators.

At the very least, the Savelo case is something the EFF can use in the media and when talking to politicians when arguing for changes in the DMCA: "Look at all these people abusing the DMCA just like we said, and it's costing X million dollars to deal with every year, etc. etc"
  12. 3rdMan Member

Maybe. But here is a scenario for you. FBI might still be going after Co$ for criminal activity. Ron is in pretty deep. If they can get him for DMCA filings and break him under legal consequences, they could get him to provide information on Co$ activity under a plea.

Edit: Overall you make a good argument, though.
  13. Old Shadow Member

Well, I do see OSA agents behind every tree :p

No but seriously, this is how my brain works:

*Ollie videos incident

*My account is suspended due to 'three strikes and you're out' (Ollie BAWWS, > 3 videos removed)

*Ron begins his DMCA assaults, some people suggest a link between him and Ollie

*After a lot of effort, Ron B&, accounts which were suspended due to him are reinstated...and so is mine, out of the blue

I agree it could just be a massive coinkeydink, but still.....
  14. Anonymous Member

Well, they DID get Al Capone on income tax evasion, so it's not unlikely that they would take down a difficult cult by some technicality, but even if Ron Savelo were convicted of perjury his punishment wouldn't be long enough to turn on the cutl I think.
  15. Anonynamefag Member

Good points, both of them.
  16. YAHRLY Member

the FBI will do nothing about this it consider for the most part a civil dispute, unless a concrete case of maliciously mis using the DMCA to cause personal and or financial harm while crossing state lines can be brought it is a non issue for them
  17. Anonynamefag Member

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
    An intelligent, thought out and useful post by YAHRLY. /r/ mods IP check this guy, it can't be the real one.
  18. 3rdMan Member

Personal harm = done. Internet bullying does create harm and for youtube, it can lead to suspension of accounts based on false accusations.

As for concrete evidence, youtube can provide.
  19. YAHRLY Member

grow up

trust me the FBI does not even remotely care
  20. Shalashar Member

Unless the person involved was a celebrity or someone in a position of power within the government, YAHRLY is bang on the money on this one.
  21. Anonymous Member

Or if you were a common Joe who lost over 90,000 dollars.
  22. 3rdMan Member

Well on the bright side, youtube seems to be wising up on the whole DMCA fraud. "Seems" is the operative word. It could be a slow process for them to figure out the fraud from the real claims of violations.
  23. Anonymous Member

Oh grow up. It's an annoyance but the FBI has much more important shit to deal with.

Lol, wising up? You think they don't know that their policy regarding DMCA claims is constantly being abused? Youtube is a business. They weigh the cost of fighting bogus DMCA claims against the hit in the user base they take from irritated people leaving the community. Untill the loss to the community exceeds the cost of fighting the claims, nothing will change.
  24. Anonymous Member

Sept 2, starts another channel. Dox on his twitter feed:
    youtube.com/user/FreedomMagTVShow

rontwit.png
  25. Ramona Member

Suspenders!

26. Anonymous Member

2gt92tt.jpg
    lol at the video screenshot which accompanied what came up when I tried to watch his videos on YouTube.
  27. Re: RON SAVELO B& FROM YOUTUBE

new account is also suspended!

Has youtube finally begun to enforce it's own policies and stand up for itself?
  28. another123 Member

saveloban.png
    thanks for the quick response, /b/angang, lol
  29. Anonymous Member

the "jack of all trades, master of dumb" is pwned again. time for an ip b&.
  30. Anonymous Member

bump for moar lulz
  31. Ramona Member

He seems to be visiting my blog almost every day. Yesterday, he arrived there after searching for his name on Yahoo. This is how I learned that both versions of his article are #1 and #2 in a Yahoo search.

1jklzo.jpg.png

32. Anonynamefag Member

LMAO. Egofag, needs to know wherever his name pops up.
  33. anonymous612 Member

/entertained :3
  34. Anonymous Member

I haven't googled my own name for months and months. Should we call him Naru-chan?
  35. Anonymous Member

i see wat u did thar
  36. Anonymous Member

man dem harpoons
  37. FUCK Member

LULZ
  38. Re: RON SAVELO B& FROM YOUTUBE

4 duh lulz, and ramona...

[ame=http://rutube.ru/tracks/2355941.html?v=8dac159f62347ccb5c05356cdf24ac9f]Ron Savelo OT5 BANNED From YouTube :: RuTube[/ame]
  39. Ogsonofgroo Member

When i stops choking on these delicious cashews and barflaughing, Imma gonna gitchas.
    *applies for pardon & passports thingies*

ROFLOLOLings!

Nothing better than an azzhat liek Ron Googling hias own name and finding out he ain't the zero he thought he were.

XP
  40. Anonymous Member

weeaboo.jpg