Customize

Riverside DA: AO's evidence destroyed

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by mnql1, Aug 8, 2009.

1. mnql1 Member

Riverside DA: AO's evidence destroyed

From AnonOrange on ESMB:

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Riverside DA: AO's evidence destroyed

So the evidence destroyed was pictures of the "victim" injuries and recording of "victim" interview. I'm assuming this is only related to the assault and biting victim... I can't imagine these were destroyed. Maybe they are tlaking about AO's submitted photos of his injuries.

Also, I'm sure CA has record disposal laws, and you can often collect money for illegal disposed of records. I don't know what the implications are for court evidence (if that is what this was).
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

So, it seems that the guards could be prosecuted. Sounds nice.
  4. Anonymous Member

Did the 4th DA give a reason why this was destroyed? What DA were you dealing with at the time this occured? Did they know it was destroyed?
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

FTR AO is not around here. Therefore, direct questions might remain unanswered.
  6. Anonymous Member

You know, if I were the judge I'd just ask if there would be opposition to it from the other party, and if there isn't I'd just order the transcripts released. That said, the memorandum provides a good summary and is not too long.
  7. timthephoto Member

hope scn lose their most obnoxious guard.. who would confine all the SP's at gold if he were to be jailed?
  8. RightOn Member

Evidence destroyed.. are they kidding? *shakes head*
  9. Re: Riverside DA: AO's evidence destroyed

3801326827_a4d2a22e1a.jpg
  10. Sponge Member

Yeah, that's certainly a big "why"?
    Was it "I accidentaly your evidence" out of stupidity or pretend stupidity or was it done on purpose (under some loophole?)?????
  11. Re: Riverside DA: AO's evidence destroyed

I'm trying to imagine the kind of accident it would take that would destroy a Video Recording, Photos, Statements, and a DVD....
    and I'm a big fan of the Final Destination series... so its normally not that hard...
    but i'm drawing a blank for this one
  12. RightOn Member

Indeed ^^
  13. amaX Member

I'm with the Cap'n on this one.

Four DA's and now destruction of evidence? WTF?
  14. Sponge Member

Fat cop sat on it?

2978832654_4c5372dea2_b.jpg

View attachment catherine_fraser_tommy_davis_demand_citizens_arres
  15. RightOn Member

This only makes the cult look more snarky and makes AO 's case look even better
  16. celtg Member

did the DA's dog eat the evidence?
  17. RightOn Member

yeah, maybe the dog was forced to eat the evidence or the cult would have snuffed the DA's dog like the last judge
  18. Anonymous Member

If OSA really has a stat about "getting critics to disagree with each other" or some such, it is pretty hilarous because they'll be going "WHOOO STATS ARE UP YEAHHH!" while the cult is sinking below them.

As for the evidence being destroyed, perhaps they were decieved into thinking the case was closed. Evidence space is limited. Thank goodness for copies.
  19. Uncle Bruce Member

This I believe, is very big. This case has turned into a real hot potato no one in their right mind wants to get near. Say you'r the DA. First of all, it's a bullshit case you will lose, but in less the cult drops the charge it won't go away,and they can't just dismiss the charge without a good reason. If it went to court and the defense presents it's case there will be evidence on the record that the cult may have committed a crime. You will now be pressured to investigate the cult, and God forbid, bring charges againest them. On top of that you have Nathan Bacca watching you like a vulture and political enemies with their ear to the ground. Add to that the likely hood of a civial case you will be party to and it's a real game of "drop the soap" around that office.

PS If you were a DA with any balls,(or ovaries), you would see it as a challange.
  20. Consensus Member

It's definitely worth looking into how the evidence came to be destroyed. The recent admission by Rinder (or was it Rathburn?) that evidence was destroyed in the Lisa McPherson case seems relevant. If it weren't for a history of destruction of evidence, you'd have to meet a very high standard of proof to charge any individual or organization. With a pattern of behavior established, however, prosecutors may pay closer attention and be more open to prosecution (though, in the end, there still needs to be sufficient evidence to convict in a court of law).

I'm no lawyer, so I have no idea what impact such a ruling would have on AO's case. Since he seems to have the missing evidence backed up, I'm inclined to think it wouldn't change anything. You can't convict someone of one crime just because you have evidence of them behaving badly (in a way unrelated to the crime they're in trial for). There may be some difficulty re-submitting the evidence, as I have no idea what the procedure for that would be, and the evidence AO kept was not in the custody of the authorities, y'know?

/captain obvious
  21. Uncle Bruce Member

I'm not a lawyer either, I was just looking at all the possible ways this could turn into a real big bag-A-dicks.
  22. Anonymous Member

Destroying evidence you have in your hands is a litte bit different than getting evidence in police lockup destroyed though - the latter is harder to do, physically. (Nothing is hard for those guys to do morally - they'll steal candy from a child if they think it helps Scientology.)
  23. RightOn Member

Lets not forget the "missing" files when they went to court in France way back when
    Matter of fact, we should lump all the cases of missing or destroyed evidence in one place
  24. Mutante Member

And take a backup ;)
  25. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Let's just hope they don't use this whole "missing evidence" ploy to question the back-up evidence that AO and Berry have.

They'll try the whole "chain of evidence" routine, and try to say they can't tell if the back-up has been tampered with.

AFAIK, the cult doesn't need the missing evidence to try AO for the trespass - but AO needs the evidence to prove the cult stooges weren't professional.
  26. RaddaRadda Member

Well...then they lost their case, I should think.
    AO didn't tamper with the evidence held by the county. AO doesn't need to prove anything. He is presumed innocent. And has evidence of his own.

It being thrown out would save money for AO and Graham...but will not add precedence for future protests at GOLD. I think the cult wants to maintain the murkiness of the law regarding this. So losing by "the evidense was lost, so case is thrown out" is better for them than losing via "AO was not tresspassing".

So I hope the trial continues for that reason. The cult gets away with so much (at Gold, and elsewhere) because of no concrete legal statements about boundaries that local law enforcement must follow.

The cult got away with a lot at the Henson trial that they won't be able to do now. Like the defense not being able to mention scientology.
  27. Anonymous Member

Note that the evidence missing is in the case against the security clowns, not in the case against AnonOrange. At least that's how I understand it.
  28. Consensus Member

Yeah, I'm a little confused (and don't give enough of a shit to investigate)
    Is there a case going forward against AO? Is it civil or criminal?
    Is there a case going forward against the scifag guards? Is it civil or criminal?
    Which of these cases was the evidence destroyed in?
    And then there's speculation about a hypothetical case against whomever was responsible for the destruction of the evidence.

These are not all a single legal entity; each is considered on their own, and convictions will come if and only if there's evidence sufficient to the criteria (Which changes between civil and criminal).

It'd be nice if this was just a big 'Who should get fucked, AO or Scientology?' basketball game, and if the destruction of the evidence counted as a 3-pointer for AO's team. But that's not how the law works.

And I'm interested in knowing the way it *does* work, and which cases are going on, and so on and so forth. And I plead ignorance beyond that.
  29. Uncle Bruce Member

IANAL but I do know that anytime evidence is lost it's a serious matter and if destroyed it is criminal. The DA should be concerned since a couple of cases like this and all his evidence in other cases could be challenged.
  30. Sponge Member

NOTE: According to OP dox...

DESTROYED:
    1. Recording of interview with victim (in evidence)
    2. photos of victim's injuries (attached)
    [SIZE="1"](see edit) [/SIZE]3. DVD of incident (taken by witness) (in evidence)

NOT DESTROYED:
    [STRIKE]3. DVD of incident (taken by witness) (in evidence)[/STRIKE]
    4. Written statements by witnesses (attached)

Just a reminder as to what items of evidence we are talking about.

EDIT: Update from AO on ESMB

evidencedestroyed1.jpg

supreportpage1.jpg
  31. xenubarb Member

Destroyed evidence in a Scientology related case?

facepalm.jpg!

Who'da thunk it!
  32. Anonymous Member

Isn't Jeff Stone's son employed in the DA's office somewhere close?
  33. RightOn Member

hmm... does the plot thicken?
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Sponge Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-goldbase/what-tangled-web-they-weave-riverside-43714/

From the article in the OP of that thread......
    Jason and Jeff Stone
    [IMG]
  36. Sponge Member

Lawyer's Michael Flynn and Ford Greene have been subject to infiltration of their offices.

Googling pulls up walls of text. Affidavits with various admissions. I don't think there were any convictions though.
    Mr.Berry, and I believe Smurf, will be able to give you the salient points.
    It's all very interesting history but I'm not sure how much value it has other than to slow the case down and force judges and attorneys to wade through more crap.
    Operation Snow White is the only one of value because it was WIN and people actually got thrown in the slammer for it.
  37. PAnonA Member

38. TypingChimp Member

39. Uncle Bruce Member

I must be missing something. I just don't see how the DA can intentionally destroy evidence in a pending case.
  40. Ann O'Nymous Member

Who said it was the DA ?