Customize

Riverside County protest boundary ordinance remains intact

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by AmandaT21, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Riverside County protest boundary ordinance remains intact

Tavaglione? Is that similar to Ravioli?
  2. Anonymous Member

No. I think it's a dessert. :D
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

Indeed; was going to mention that.

"Jeff Stone: skating on thin ice" (nyuk nyuk)

"Jeff Stone hires thugs to injure girls"

etc....
  4. Sponge Member

Stone will thank his fellow supervisor's support by way of voting for one of their own personally motivated and potentially useless ideas in future. This is how Democracy Version 1.0 works. It was broke from the start because it assumes that everyone sets out to do the right thing. Well, some do set out to do the right thing but sometimes find that political life can be easier and open more doors when you just play along with the game.
  5. Anonymous Member

... you just lost it.
  6. Obi-Wan-anon Member

And no complaints about sprinkler tech causing the waste of water? He has been informed, as shown at the last meeting.

Maybe we could find out who the chairman is, and ask him why the vice-chair isn't asking that the water restrictions be enforced.
  7. Re: Riverside County protest boundary ordinance remains intact

That's not really relevant to the thread at-hand... but it sounds interesting. Could you start a new thread, and perhaps elaborate a little more on the origins and history of Gold Base?
  8. fitch2000 Member

I went looking up articles that backed up "the misinformation" Jeff Stone was yackin about.

I have like 6 pages, article name link and summary, not organized at all
    (if anyone wants I will post it, if not I wont waste the space.

Riverside County supervisors OK twice-revised picketing ordinance | Riverside | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
    Riverside County supervisors OK twice-revised picketing ordinance

Stone first proposed an ordinance restricting residential picketing in November following a request from Golden Era Productions, part of Church of Scientology. Supervisors sent the ordinance back twice for revisions and clarifications before approving it Tuesday.
    Samuel Alhadeff, an attorney representing Golden Era, has told supervisors the restrictions are needed to protect the privacy and safety of roughly 500 church members who reside on a 700-acre Golden Era compound near Hemet.
    ---
    Proposed amendment to picketing ordinance in Riverside County to be revisited | Riverside County | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
    Proposed amendment to picketing ordinance in Riverside County to be revisited The Press-Enterprise, California/February 23, 2009

Supervisor Jeff Stone has pushed for the ordinance, supported by the Church of Scientology. The church seeks to limit periodic protests outside its compound near Hemet.

But they suspended enforcement of the rules Jan. 13 after church representatives, the church's attorney, Samuel Alhadeff, and Walls could not pinpoint locations outside the Scientology compound where protests would be permitted.

Protesters, who have spoken at several meetings, say they are not picketing the religion but physical and mental abuse that occurs at the compound -- accusations that church representatives deny.
    ----
    County ordinance raises questions about Scientology | Riverside County | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
    County ordinance raises questions about Scientology

Wilson, Supervisor Bob Buster and Scientology protesters asked county staff to identify specific locations near the base where the ordinance would permit pickets.
    Stone posed the question along with others about the ordinance to Samuel Alhadeff, the church's attorney who advised county counsel in creating the ordinance.
    ----
    Riverside Restricts Picketing | NBC Los Angeles
    Riverside Restricts Picketing
    Updated 1:17 PM PDT, Mon, Jan 26, 2009

The supervisor acknowledged again Tuesday that the "impetus" for the anti-picketing regulations was generated by protests outside the Church of Scientology's "Golden Era" production studios in Hemet over the last five months.
    "I'm not a member of the Church of Scientology, but I'm happy to live in a country where I could choose that religion if I wanted to," Stone said.
    The supervisor alleged in November that protestors at the Scientology compound were members of a hate group, but individuals who took part in an Oct. 26 demonstration outside the facility denied any affiliation with racists or organizations opposed to organized religion. They said their target was Scientology alone.
  9. Optimisticate Member

If you look around you'll see that exact same post multiple times in threads in this situation room. Someone is really trying to push this info out. It should be double checked for faggotry.
  10. 3rdMan Member

Chalk that as more evidence Jeff Stone is a Scientologist.
  11. Anonymous Member

Not all corrupt douchebags are Scientologists. It would benefit you to remember that.
  12. Anonymous Member

Tavaglione and Stone are certainly bad people, but even though Wilson voted for the ordinance, I think he did it for mistaken but noble reasons.
  13. fitch2000 Member

Moar like a sick old man got tired of the damn ordinance Jeff Stone wouldn't shut the hell up about and finally gave in and gave Stone the vote he wanted.